• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 589 Views, 24 Comments

Life in Ponyville:New Town, New Beginnings - SeaBreeze173



A young pegasus moves to Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 24
 589

Chapter 2: Friends

Sea Breeze stood back out of the way as Twilight introduced her family to the rest of the Elements of Harmony. Sea Breeze wasn’t trying to be rude. She just didn’t like socializing much with other ponies. Her shyness always won out in the end and whenever she would try to talk to anypony, she would end up stumbling over her words and make a fool out of herself. She watched as a white unicorn with a purple mane and tail gasped loudly as Twilight introduced her mother.

“Amethyst Rose, as in, THE Amethyst Rose, the best romance author Equestria has ever known? Twilight, why didn’t you tell me you knew her?!?” The unicorn, whom Sea had heard Twilight call Rarity, squealed.

Sea Breeze saw Junie and the pink pony named Pinkie Pie bouncing and talking a mile a minute with each other. Sea was glad that her sister met somepony as energetic as her. Maybe now Junie will be worn out at night, Sea thought, chuckling softly to herself as she glanced around at the rest of her family socializing with Twilight’s friends.
Sea’s father stood beside her mother as Rarity continued to practically smother Amethyst with questions about her next book while over to side Lightning stood star struck, gazing lovingly with his mouth open slightly at a butter yellow Pegasus with a gorgeous pink mane and tail. Sea rolled her eyes at her brother.

“Howdy there. You must be Sea Breeze.” Sea flinched slightly, twirling around quickly and coming face to face with the owner of the voice. She was an orange earth pony with a blonde mane and tail and three apples for a cutie mark. Beside her stood a cyan coated and rainbow maned Pegasus with a cloud and a blue, red and yellow lightning bolt.
Sea backed up slightly, her ears going to their default position; plastered against her head. “Uh…yes?” Sea squeaked out.
“Ah’m Applejack. This here’s Rainbow Dash,” Applejack gestured to the pegasus.
“Sup?” Dash nodded.
“Um, hi,” Sea felt her heart speed up and her right hind leg began twitching slightly. She felt as if her lungs decided to stop working as well. Twilight, seeing her friend’s signs of distress and oncoming panic attack, quickly galloped over.
“It’s okay Sea, relax,” Twilight soothed, placing an arm around the young Pegasus. Applejack and Rainbow backed up slightly, unsure about the situation in front of them. Bass Tempo saw his daughter’s predicament and made to go over to her, only to be stopped by his wife.
“Let Twilight help her, honey,” Amethyst said. Bass sighed and stayed beside Amethyst, even though his mind was telling him to go calm his little girl.
A few moments went by as Sea attempted to slow her heart rate and breathing. Eventually she began to relax slightly. She smiled shyly at Twilight. Twilight removed her arm and grinned back.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah. Thanks, Twi,” Sea replied. “Um, can I be excused?” I need some air,”
“Sure, go ahead.”
Sea slowly trotted pass Rainbow and Applejack, both of whom had apologetic looks. Applejack went up to Twilight once Sea disappeared around the corner.
“Sorry Twi. I didn’t mean to make her upset,”
“It’s fine, Applejack. Breezey has never been a very social pony, even when we were foals,” replied the alicorn.
“Still, Ah feel responsible for it.”
~~~

Once she went around the corner, Sea let out the breath she’d been holding in. She was still shaking slightly and her heart pounded against her rib cage. The pegasus shook her head and made her way to the doors leading outside. Maybe a little walk will help me, Sea thought. She considered going back to get Angus, who she had locked in the kitchen. Oh, he’ll be okay.

Sea didn’t want to come in contact with any other ponies and so took a path away from the town. Soon the pegasus found herself flying through the sky. She loved the feeling of the wind blowing through her feathers and lapping at her mane. Feeling better, Sea began to speed up, doing flips and quick twists in the sky. After several times, Sea gradually slowed down and lightly landed on the soft grass below. She sat down on her hindquarters to catch her breath. Her sensitive ears picking up a whooshing sound coming from above her. She swung around, seeing a fast approaching speck. She strained her eyes, trying to see it clearer.

“Look out below!” Sea heard the speck, which she now saw was a pegaus, yell out. Sea made to get out of the way, but she wasn’t quick enough. Her left hind leg got caught up with the pegasus’ arms and the two tumbled over each other, Sea coming to rest on the pony’s chest.

“Ugh,” the pegasus groaned, rubbing his head. “That was the worst landing in the history of landings,” he laughed painfully. Sea lifted up her head just as the Pegasus did, the two bumping heads.

“Ow!” Sea shook her head, opening her eyes only to peer into a pair of familiar blue ones. The colt’s eyes were wide open as he too looked into Sea’s emerald green orbs.

“YOU!” They shouted in unison. Sea quickly pushed off Thunder Bolt and backed up. Bolt stood up, still looking wide eyed at Sea Breeze. A shy smile quickly came upon his face, as well as a slight blush. Sea’s face, however, was bright red as she attempted to hide behind her wing.

“Funny how we keep running, or in this case, flying into each other,” Bolt chuckled a moment later, finally bringing his blush under control. Sea still looked as if she had a tomato for a face.

“Hey, I don’t think I got your name back on the train,” Bolt said, trotting up to mare.

“I—I, uh,” Sea stumbled over her words. She took a deep breath and cleared her throat.

“I’m Sea Breeze,”

“Sea Breeze, huh? That’s a pretty name,” Sea’s half way gone blush came back in full force.

“Uh, heh, thanks,” she replied, concealing the blush slightly and removing her wing from her face.

“I’m sorry for flying into you. A new trick I was working on went wrong,” Bolt said.

“It’s fine,” Sea stood up and began to walk away, praying that Thunder Bolt wouldn’t follow. She grumbled under her breath as she heard his hoof steps coming up beside her.

“So, uh, what are you doing here in Ponyville?”

“Just moved here,” Please just fly away.

“Really?”

“Uh-huh,” Sea felt her hind leg begin to twitch once more and she shivered slightly.

“Do you have any family here?” Bolt asked, unaware of Sea’s shyness. Persistent fellow, isn’t he? The grey pegasus thought, hoping he didn’t see her roll her eyes.

“Uh, no. Just two friends we haven’t seen in a while,” Sea replied.

“Ah,” Bolt nodded his head. “Perhaps I know them? Lived here all my life,”

“Oh, I’m sure you do. Twilight and I go way back and—”

“WAIT! Did you say Twilight? As in, Twilight Sparkle, the Princess?” Bolt stopped, his mouth hung open. Sea held back a laugh at his dumbfounded look.

“Yes. We were best friends as fillies, although she’s three years older than me,” Sea turned back frontward and continued on to the castle. Bolt flew quickly to her side. “I can’t believe that you know the Princess,”

“Then you’ll faint when you find out who my parents are,” Sea smiled. I guess he’s not so bad. Sea thought, glancing over at the colt beside her. She began to relax and soon she didn’t feel any anxiety around Bolt.

The pegasi walked side by side until they reached the castle. Sea stopped and glanced at Bolt. He kept shifting legs and opening his mouth as if he was trying to say something. Finally he got his thoughts together and said;

“Hey, I know we just met and all, but, since your, um, new here, maybe I could give you a tour or something?” Sea blinked, not sure what to say.

“Well, I don’t know. I mean, Twilight might want to,”

“Oh, that’s okay,” Bolt’s ears drooped as he turned, opening his wings. He crouched down for take off when he felt Sea’s hoof on his shoulder.

“Actually, I guess you could show me around. Tomorrow morning?” Sea smiled.

“Really?!” Bolt perked up. Composing himself, he cleared his throat, “I mean, no problem. You’ll be here?”

“Mmhmm,” Sea smiled.

Bolt smiled back, “Okay, see you around ten.” Not knowing what else to say, he smiled again and fired off into the sky. Sea watched him fly off.

“Oi. What have I gotten myself into?”

Author's Note:

A day early:pinkiehappy: Enjoy! Chapter 3 will be a few days. I decided to rewrite it a little bit. If you see any spelling or grammar issues let me know.