• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 589 Views, 24 Comments

Life in Ponyville:New Town, New Beginnings - SeaBreeze173



A young pegasus moves to Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 24
 589

Chapter 4: Tours and Colts

Sea sat under a large oak tree near the castle as she waited for Bolt to arrive. She didn’t see her sister sneaking up behind her.

“BOO!” Daisy Juniper shouted, jumping out from behind the tree.

“Hi Junie,” Sea didn’t even flinch.

“OH C”MON!!” Juniper squeaked.

“I thought that you knew by now, you can’t scare me, Kid,”

“It never hurts to try,” Juniper trotted over and plopped down beside her elder sister. “So, what are you doing?” The little Pegasus asked.

“I’m waiting for somepony.” Junie laughed out loud.

“What?” Sea lifted a brow.

“You? Waiting for somepony? Sis, you say the funniest things,”

“It’s true!” Sea replied, poking her little sister.

“I’ll believe it when I—”

“Hey Sea Breeze,” Bolt landed a few feet away.

“—see it,” Juniper’s jaw dropped. Sea smirked, standing up and trotting over to Bolt.

“If Momma and Daddy ask where I’m at, tell them I went to town,” Sea said, Juniper still sitting dumbfounded, astonished that her usually shy and reserved sister happily trotted up to a colt. A colt, of all ponies.

“What in Equestria happened to my sis?” Juniper wondered out loud.
~~~

Bolt and Sea flew over Ponyville and descended into the town proper.

“Well, Mr. Tour Guide, lead the way,” Sea said. Bolt stepped ahead of her and smiled back at her.

“There is only one way to start a tour of Ponyville,” the colt walked towards a building that looked like an over sized ginger bread house. “And that’s a stop at the best bakery in Equestria. This is Sugar Cube Corner.”

Sea and Bolt strolled inside the building, inhaling the intoxicating smells of cakes, cookies and other sugary delights.

“Hi Sea! Hi Bolt!” Pinkie Pie popped up in front of the teenagers.

Sea Breeze yelped and accidentally bumped into Bolt from Pinkie’s exuberant greeting. Bolt glanced down at Sea after he regained his footing, the grey pegasus’ face slightly pink from a blush.

“Hey Pinkie Pie,” he laughed.

“What can I get you two?” the pink earth pony asked.

“I’ll take a blueberry cupcake and a vanilla shake. Sea, what do you want?”

“Um,” Sea picked up a menu. The treats looked so good she didn’t know what she wanted. “Hmm, how about you surprise me. Anything that doesn’t have coconut or pineapple.” Sea was allergic to both of the exotic fruits, as was her father.

“Okay. I’ll have it out in a jiffy!” Pinkie shot back to the kitchen. Bolt led Sea over to a table by the window.

“So, what do you think about our little town so far?” Bolt asked after a few minutes.

“Well, I’ve only been in Ponyville for two days, but I can already tell that the ponies here are really nice. Twilight's friends are pretty cool, although Pinkie is a little, um,” Sea struggled for the right word.

“Odd. Strange. Abnormal. Funny. There are a lot of words that fit Pinkie,” Bolt chuckled.

“I would say, comical,” Sea replied.

“I didn’t know what to think of Pinkie when I first met her, either,”

“How long have you been in Ponyville, Bolt?”

“I was born in Manehatten, but the family moved here a few months after I came along. Been here every since.” Bolt replied. “I go up the big city every year to visit relatives and all with my parents. It’s nice and everything, but Ponyville is where I’ll stay for the rest of my life,”

“Manehatten, huh? I was born and raised in Canterlot for ten years. That’s how I know Twi. Our mothers were best friends and we just got so used to being with each other, it bloomed into a great friendship, even though she’s three years older than me. We’re like sisters,” Sea smiled.

“I still can’t believe you know the princess,” Bolt shook his head.

“Here’s your treats, guys!” Pinkie bounced up with a tray. She hoofed over Bolt’s cupcake and shake, the colt smiling hungrily. Pinkie then gave Sea her surprise treat. It was a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing and a strawberry milk shake. Sea stared in awe.

“Pinkie?” Sea called to the pink mare, who was back behind the counter.

“Yeah Sea?”

“Uh. This is so funny. How did you know that red velvet cupcakes and strawberry milk shakes are my favorite snacks ever?”

“Lucky guess!” Pinkie replied, suddenly standing in front of Sea, grinning freakishly large. Sea pulled back slightly, “okaaay,” Pinkie then reappeared behind the counter once more. Sea looked from the odd mare to Bolt, who was trying to hold back a laugh.

“Is she always like that?”

“Pretty much. You’ll get used to it,”
~~~

Sea and Bolt strolled through the streets of Ponyville. Bolt pointed out several places, such as the newly re-built Books and Branches Library. Sea was overjoyed at having a library near. After taking Sea into a few of the stores, the two began to head back to the castle, as Sea needed to check on her pet, who was probably a nervous wreck from not being with his mistress.

“I just remembered something,” Bolt started, looking over at Sea Breeze.

“What?” Sea asked him.

“Yesterday, when I said that I was surprised that you knew the princess, you said something about your parents,”

“Oh, right,”

“So, are they, like, well known or something?”

“You could say that. Have you ever heard of Amethyst Rose?”

“Yeah, my mom has talked about her. Isn’t she a book author?”

“Yep. She’s also my mother,” Sea said.

“Really?”

“Mmhmm,”

“What about your dad?” the brown colt asked.

“He’s a drummer for a band. Maybe you’ve heard of them? ‘The Delegates’?”

“WHAT?!” Bolt halted. “Your dad is BASS TEMPO? The Bass Tempo?!”

“Ah, so you have heard of them,” Sea giggled at her flabbergasted companion.

“I can’t believe this. Not only are you foalhood friends with a princess, you’re the daughter of not one, but two famous parents?”

“Pretty much,” Sea’s ears went back.

“I can’t even, just. Wow. Quick question,” Bolt trotted up beside Sea.

“Ask away,”

“How do you feel having famous parents?” Sea didn’t expect this question.

“Uh. I, don’t know. I mean, it’s nice. Momma and Daddy still make time for me, Lightning and Junie. Daddy is my hero, Momma is the best mother ever, but, sometimes I wish we were a normal family,” Sea looked down at her hooves. “I know lots of ponies think that having famous parents is cool, but, they don’t understand the other side of it. I don’t like socializing much and when we go out, ponies flock to us because of Mom and Dad. It’s just—it’s not easy. They always expect us to be perfect and not have any problems, but we do. I certainly do. One would think that I would have lots of friends, but the only friend I have is an overly protective black and white dog.” Sea smiled slightly. "I don't mind though. Angus is a great friend, even if he is a goofy over protective fur ball."

Bolt stayed silent for the rest of the walk to the castle, thinking over what Sea Breeze had just told him. It was another ten minutes before the teenagers arrived at the castle. Sea glanced up at Bolt, who looked as if he was trying to say something. Eventually the colt said, “Sea Breeze?” Sea looked up at him. Bolt went on, “You said that you’ve never had any friends,” he paused for a moment, “I want you to know, that you’ve just gotten your first friend here in Ponyville,” the brown colt smiled at the grey Pegasus. Sea stood there, a look of surprise upon her face. Her jaw was slightly ajar, her eyes widened a little. After several moments, the shy pegasus’ face became brightly lit with the largest smile, her eyes twinkling.

“Thanks, Bolt,” Sea said softly. Bolt chuckled as he turned, readying his wings for take off. He looked back at her,

“See ya around, Sea!” a hard flap of his wings and Bolt lifted into the air. Sea’s left ear twitched as she heard the castle doors open behind her, her father, along with a very happy Angus, coming out.

“Hey Pal,” Bass hugged his daughter, Angus nearly knocking them over with his enthusiasm. “Who was the colt?” Bass asked Sea quizzically.

“Oh, just friend, Daddy. C’mon, Goose,” Sea called her pet and trotted off to play with him.

“Just a friend, huh?” Bass shook his head, turning to go back inside the castle.

Author's Note:

And before y'all ask, yes my Mom is a author and my Dad is a drummer in real life. My mom isn't very well-known yet, but her books are awesome (and I'm not saying that just because I'm her daughter). My dad hasn't played the drums much since he broke his wrist 2 years ago. I got the name "Delegates" from him actually. When he was in college he played with a group and their name was The Delegates. Don't ask what it means, 'cause I have no idea and neither does he. It's just a cool name that a bunch of his goofy friends came up with.

Also, Sea's dog Angus is based off my dog, who is named Angus. I needed something that Sea could turn to when she was upset besides her parents and since my Angus is basically my "security blanket" when things go wrong, I figured that I would incorporate him into this story. For those of you who don't have a dog, cat or any other pet, you truly don't know real love. A pet's love is like nothing you will ever experience. They are always there for you when everyone else turns their back. They may not be able to understand your words, but they can sure as heck understand you better than anyone you will ever meet.