• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 397 Views, 4 Comments

World's End - Raichu



The end of Equestria draws near. No one knows it. No one can feel it. Only six can stop the end of the world. Unfortunately, they would rather just sit back and watch it burn.

  • ...
 4
 397

Parties

“AH! MOM!” Sugar Pie screamed as sunlight hit her eyes. She rolled over in bed and pulled the covers over her head.

“What?” She heard her mom ask. Her mom, Pinkie Pie, was a very fast mare when it came to her daughter or anyone in need. “What’s the matter?”

“Why are the curtains open?” Sugar asked and peeked from under. Her mom stood in the doorway with a frown. She walked over to the curtains and shut them. Then she turned to stare at Sugar who shrank back under the covers.

“You’ve got to get up. It’s almost noon!” Pinkie exclaimed. “I thought you were going to be there for your friend’s party later.”

“Right!” Sugar said and sat up. She pushed the covers off her then leapt out of bed. “What time is the party again?”

“It’s at five.” Her mom replied. “And it’s noon.”

“Oh my gosh!” Sugar shouted and rushed past her mom. “I have to get started on the cake and everything!”

Sugar raced down the hall and made it to the stairs. She rushed down them without stopping, tripped and tumbled down the stairs and a rapid rate before landing on her butt at the bottom. She shook herself off.

“Are you ok?” Her mom asked. Sugar looked up to see that her mom was quickly by her side. Sugar stood up and nodded quickly.

“Can you start on the cake? It’s supposed to be chocolate flavored, three layered with a whipped cream frosting.” Sugar asked. Her mom nodded and sped off towards the kitchen. Sugar quickly began to set up SugarCube Corner for the party. She blew balloons and put up streamers. As she hung them up, she heard the door open. She turned to see Rain Blast.

Rain Blast was the son of the Captain of the weather team, Rainbow Dash. Sugar found him very rude and a mean pony. She never had to talk to him luckily, but this time it seemed she had no choice.

“Hello.” He said as he walked in. Sugar hopped down from the ladder and landed in front of him. He jumped back for a moment as she walked up to him. For some reason, he was also afraid of her. While he never liked her in general, he was also afraid of her. She couldn’t imagine why though. She wasn’t scary.

“What’s up?” She asked cheerfully. He looked at the ground for a second before looking up again.

“I wanted to… buy one of your rainbow cupcakes.” He said quickly. Sugar shook her head.

“Sorry. We’re out of rainbows. But tomorrow maybe?” She asked hopefully. He shook his head.

“I have to have that cupcake today!” He said while getting instantly angry. To be able to switch emotions that quickly was a little frightening, but Sugar calmly stood there. “Can’t you do something?”

“I have a reserved party to plan.” Sugar said. “So no.”

“Anything I can do to help then?” Rain asked reluctantly. Sugar was shocked. Rain Blast was a rude, selfish, mean, stallion. Why would he want to help her out at all? What was he up to?

“Sure…” Sugar agreed with a plan in mind. “Put up these streamer over there.” She pointed at a small corner. He took the streamers in his mouth and proceeded over to the spot.

“So… Rain Blast… why did you want a rainbow cupcake? Those cupcakes are especially spicy for ponies and very hard to make on short notice. We normally only make them for griffins or Spike. Was it for a marefriend?” Sugar asked innocently. Starting up a conversation was the best way to figure out what he really wanted.

“It was for a friend.” He replied coldly. “So who’s the party for?”

“A friend.” Sugar replied and looked to see Rain’s reaction. He did nothing but hold up the streamer so he could tape it down. Sugar turned back to her streamers in disappointment.

“Oh.” He said and taped up the other end of the streamer. “Well thank you for letting me help out. Tell me if you ever need any help again.”
“Sure thing.” Sugar said and he left quickly as if he didn’t want to be here. He probably didn’t. She turned to the kitchen just as her mom ran out holding the cake in one hoof.

“Done! Oh this place looks great!” Her mom complemented and set down the cake. “This party will be lovely! Now do you remember who I invited?”

“Well, Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Spike, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, me, and Rain Blast. Oh and you and dad.” Sugar repeated from memory then frowned. “Funny, I thought there were more. Why is Rain Blast on here?”

“Why not?” Her mom asked and blew up another balloon. “He’s a good stallion.”

“No, he’s not!” Sugar said. “He’s horrible!”

“Nobody is truly horrible.”

Sugar turned around to see her father standing in the doorway. He smiled, but Sugar didn’t move.

“Really? He’s been pushing my friend around for years!” Sugar said angrily. “He’s a menace!”

“Funny. I could have sworn that he wasn’t.” He said and smiled. He picked up a few streamers in his talons and went over to the doorway. “I’m surprised you haven’t done the door yet. The party’s at five you know.”

“I know.” Sugar replied. “I woke up late.”

Sugar smiled at her father. He was a griffin which was odd to anypony who had met her. Normally, ponies didn't marry outside their own species. Her dad was the exception.

“You know when I married your mom,” Her dad began and Sugar loudly groaned. She hated these stories. He only chuckled and continued like always.

“When I met her, she thought I was mean too.” He said. “But I only acted mean because I liked her.”

“So you’re implying that he likes me?” Sugar asked in surprise. “Urgh. He’d better not.”

“Maybe he does?”

A loud rumble sounded. The whole building began to shake and Sugar fell off the ladder as the whole building shook. Chunks of the ceiling fell off and nearly impaled Sugar as she and her dad scrambled out of the way.

“Get out!” Her dad screamed. “I’ll get your mother!”

Sugar ran out of the building. She turned around as her father ran out behind her with her mother on his back. The building in front of her then exploded.

Author's Note:

This chapter seemed dull. But if you stick around, it'll get better.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment