• Published 8th May 2012
  • 933 Views, 3 Comments

The Fallout of a Fractured Sky - Sam Cole



diamond dogs, changlings, rouge dragons, and DR river song

  • ...
5
 3
 933

chapter five, the final ballad of discord

Pulling us together, I created a psychic link, the Doctor had done this before, I found out how when I made that muffin button earlier. The button was a loophole in a large temporal network that was also feeding in magic. But it dumped so much raw data into my mind, that the longer I was away from the source, the less remained. This was the last thing I would do with this small gift I think, But I had been as smart as the Doctor there for a bit... Wait, no... I was the Doctor. He had imprinted his mind in mine. He knew this was coming, because right now, I was looking at Discord. The monster had swapped places with the Doctor during the fear storm.

"Oh, little pony, you saw through all of my tricks, bravo," Discord said.

"You had planed to swap with the Doctor all along. Use his body to fly the TARDIS and spread chaos across time," I said, finally seeing the true plan. Was this how the Doctor was always, 15 steps ahead. But I didn't have a full imprint.

"You siphoned all the Doctors knowledge on the TARDIS, and had Screwball act as a spy in the TARDIS to gleam what you could about how to fly it in pony form, correct?" Pinkie asked of the beast.

"Yes, and this is why I couldn't get the drone to have a mind I'm guessing, the Doctor gave you a fighting chance in my mind," Discord said.

"Pinkie," I said, "I think Discord here broke a Pinkie promise," I said. I really didn't like Discord.

"NO PONY BREAKS A PINKIE PROMISE!" Pinkie bellowed at the monster. She lunged at him, putting him in locks and holds I can't even name. The thing about fighting like this was who ever had the strongest mind would win, and Pinkie, with no magic, could naturally bend Physics to her will. Discord was magical, and thus here where we had no magic, was at the disadvantage. Pinkie fought hard, bless her. I just sat back. I was trying with all my might to re open the network to the Doctor and get him back. But also, I was beat, I needed a nap. Just a few more seconds. Almost... There! I opened the link to the Disborg, and let the Doctor join in the group now.

"Bravo Opie, You did magnificently," The Doctor said.

"Doc, next time you make a plan like this, don't follow through," I said.

"Doctor," Pinkie said, leaving the beat Discord in a heap. She ran up and hugged him. "Here's your brain back," She said, reaching into her ear and pulling out a small pink brain with a label on it that read 'Property of the Doctor.' We sat back looking at her.

"How?" We asked in unison.

"Easy, I'm Pinkie Pie, sillies. You both look so funny, Oh, I want a picture," She said reaching around and pulling out her camera, then she got in the picture with us, and snapped the photo. Blinking the flash out of my eyes, I saw I was back to reality, in my body. Everypony was looking at us weird. It had been a few seconds to them, but we looked so ragged now, except Pinkie, who looked so much better, and was holding the picture we had taken in her mind?

"Pinkie," The Doctor asked, "How did you get the Picture into the real world here?"

"I dunno," Pinkie said with a shrug. I chuckled at the Pink mare, and gave her a kiss on the check, and promptly passed out. The others all laughed. Pinkie set up a giant party for us all in my sleep, so I awoke to a full swing shindig, already in progress. The Doctor and River where dancing, River in human form now, so it looked really odd, but that's the Doctor for ya. He is a really bad dancer, actually, he made Twilight look good. Rainbow was dancing with Fluttershy, and I felt bad, I still had no idea when Fluttershy was nabbed. Apparently it had been early that morning, while she was feeding her birds, but I didn't find that out til later. Discord had sought to give Ponyville one last rouse, then hit the stars in the TARDIS, but thanks to friendship, the Doctor, and hunger at bad times, he was stopped. The Doctor had taken Disborg, locking away his magical mind link abilities, and trapped him in a temporal loop, leaving him a living statue in the Royal Garden. The Princess wanted others to see what happens when we misused the wreckage from the aliens. It was true we had bettered our medicinal technology, and our agriculture as well, but Cyborgs were now made illegal, as to prevent another problem like this. The Changling Queen had escaped I found out. The Princess was not strong enough to hold that spell with out the relay it turns out. I walked out onto the patio for some air, and found Applejack and Rarity talking, and before I could escape I was roped into the conversation. Literally, we are talking about AJ here.

"Opie, I was telling Applejack here how I feel. We wanted your advise, please," Rarity said, a little red in the face.

"What do you mean?" I asked, hoping I was not about to hear...

"Rainbow and Ah are takin a break. We don't know how to go on now, what after that dang alien whatcamacallit. Ah ain't never been so confused in mah life," AJ said. So it was what I though, damn it.

"AJ, your a grown up, and..." I started.

"Don't. Ya ain't here cause ya are older than me, y'all are here as Mac's bestest friend Op. Ya knew him longer than anypony else here, mahself excluded bein his sis. He wanted ya to look after me and Apple bloom, ah know he did. He didn't like me and Dash. He didn't care that ah was a Filly fooler, though, he just didn't like what Rainbow made me do. I was just with her at first cause it irked him, but after the aliens, Ah just stayed with her. Ah don't want to hurt her, but Ah just don't feel like Ah love her anymore," Applejack said. I have to admit, I wanted nothing to do with this, but as a friend, I could never leave them like this.

"Well, Aj, take some time. Only you know when your ready, but Rainbow deserves to hear this too," I said. I was not a fan of keeping secrets, even more so with this kind of secret. I was just a repair pony damn it! Pinkie stepped out to see what was going on.

"Oh hiya girls, Opie, you should know that Rainbow was feeling the same. It was just a game before, but now after everything, Rainbow is not ready for a life like AJ wants. But maybe Rarity is. Also this is a rather unhealthy way to deal with these situations, give it some time," Pinkie said with a smile.

"Thanks Pinkie, Opie. Y'all really helped me out here. Rarity, Ah love ya, but Ah need a little time, just to let things settle between me an' Dash. Y'all understand, right?" AJ asked.

"Of course I do. I can wait as long as you need, but know I don't want to be kept waiting, it's impolite," Rarity said with a wink and walked back in. Pinkie snuggled up to me and looked at the stars.

"You were reading the narration again, weren't you?" I asked.

"Yepperunie!" Pinkie said and nuzzled my ear. I will never understand her. AJ went inside as the Doctor came out to see us.

"What kind of hosts leave the party? I even brought a banana," He said, a little drunk. Ah, an inebriated pony with the ability to travel through time, the thought keeps me up sometimes.

"So you sensed the network as soon as we landed, read the whole plan, and left a bunch of ideas on the network to make all the plans fail, and give us a weapon against Discord? Am I close?" Pinkie asked snuggled up to my chest.

"Yes I did Madam Pie. Opie, you broke the network though,with the matter manipulation relay over ride, or muffin button as you called it, don't you care?" The Doctor asked, looking dejected.

"Am I with Pinkie again?" I asked.

"As you should be," the Doctor said with a big grin.

"Then not in the slightest," I said just enjoying feeling Pinkies warmth, knowing today was over. River came out and sat with us all, looking at the stars.

"Oh sweetie," she said pointing at that one to the left, "I think I lost a pair of ear rings there once, lets go get them back."

"River darling, I can't be running around all willy filly all the time, I have a job now," The Doctor said, his face as rigid as stone.

"Really?" River said a little shocked.

"No, I have a time machine, I can be anywhere. I just don't want anymore babies being made on my ship, that's why they sleep at home," The Doctor said looking at us.

"Kids? Not yet Doctor, I have time later, now I just want to enjoy my hubby," Pinkie said. I was almost asleep again, Pinkie is very soft, and that goop smell was finally washed out, so she smelled fantastic. Like... muffins. I laughed to myself now.

"What's so funny?" River asked.

I put my hoof to Pinkie's forehead and said "Muffin Button." Pinkie got it, cause she leaned back and reached her head up to kiss me. Life was pretty good now.

The next morning I went to the wall, and left a Macintosh apple under the name of an old friend. I sat there and talked to the wall for an hour it seamed. No pony thought that was odd, everyday some pony would do it to some name here. I just wanted to tell Big Mac that his sisters were in good hands now, How Apple bloom was doing in school, and how nice her cutie mark was. She was the next great pony architect I told him. I told him everything. So I didn't notice the little pony sneaking up on me now.

"Hello Mr Pie," She said.

"Why does every pony call me Pie?" I asked turning to see the loose end we forgot, Screwball. She lunged at me, trying to tackle me, trying with all of her might to hurt me in some way. but with Discord down again, she had no power to draw from, she was just an earth pony like this. But a crazy one, and oh crap she has a knife. Help. Please... Oh come on Pinkie, You read it every time but now?

"He's not a fan of knives is he?" Pinkie said hoping over the wall and standing next to me.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"Them. And you, shame on you, you're at work... It's okay, I won't tell if you won't," Pinkie said with a smile.Whatever, she was here now. "I got this," She said , walking over to Screwball, and pulled the wacky pony up to her. I thought the worst, I had no idea what to expect, so when Pinkie just hugged her tight, and said of all things I'm sorry, I was floored. "You lost your daddy, I get it. But we are not the enemy here, we want to help you. We want you to be happy."

"I just want my daddy, I miss you daddy," Screwball said. I felt bad. On both sides there are loved ones lost, and this foal had to teach me that today. I sat with them as Screwball cried, chocolate tears of course, she was Discord's Daughter. I vowed to never let Pinkie feel that pain now. But for now, I got the two fillies up and helped them to the Sugarcube corner, where Pinkie got a new assistant.

Comments ( 2 )

There is no Dr. Whooves image. .w.

561812 damn it, thanks. yeah can't get the pic to upload, oh well, thanks again

Login or register to comment