• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 951 Views, 11 Comments

A Grandmother's Love - coolstorybrah



Always and forever is a grandmother's love...

  • ...
1
 11
 951

A night to remember...

At Sweet Apple Acres, a family of four were sleeping under the dark, "scary", but beutiful night.


Well, except for an orange little filly...


"Granny... ,are you asleep yet?"


The orange filly, known as Applejack, woke up in the middle of the night after having another nightmare about her parents death's.


It has been 3 months that she has been living without her dear loving mother and father, and it still affected her life.

Granny Smith, the grandmother of the three siblings, has taken responsibilty to raise and care for them, and promised to never let go of them.


She was mother to them now, and will be till the bitter end.

"Granny?..." Applejack opened the door to her grandmother' bedroom, expecting to see her grandma still awake, reading her magazines or knitting a scarf or blankets as usual...


But no, she was asleep.


The young filly entered the dark room, walking slowly, careful not to make any noise, for the floorboards made a squeaking sound if she walked too fast.

She finally reached the sleeping mare, and stood next to her bed, by the nightstand.


The green mare was certainly asleep, for she was drooling and snoring loudly, making Applejack giggle quietly.


"Granny..." she started poking lightly at the mare's shoulder, trying to wake her up.

She stirred lightly, and yawned. She stood up and looked at Applejack with sleepy eyes.

"Sweetie, why are you awake in the middle of the night? she mumbled while rubbing her eyes, trying to get the sleep out of her.


"I had a nightmare, Granny..." Applejack said trying not to cry.

Granny's sleep instantly vanished. She sighed and went over to the edge of the bed and sat, then signaled her grandaughter to sit on her lap with her hooves.

Applejack obeyed and went over to her "mother's" lap and sat, instantly hugging her, enjoying her embrance.

"What was the dream about, sugarcube?" she asked, wrapping her hooves around her, trying to be as motherly as she could again.

Applejack looked up from her grandmother's chest to her beutiful and caring eyes that she had.

"It was about Ma' an Pa'." she answered, tightening the hug that she was giving her.

Granny's heart instantly broked in two, pained to see her precious grandaughter still struggling with the loss of her parents.

She decided not to question anymore, for she thought that it will make her more afraid more tan she is right now.

"Now sugarcube, it was only a dream, wasn't it? You know your parents are up there, looking out for ya', watching their little filly from the beutiful heavens that they are right now." Granny said, her own tears now streaming down her cheeks.

"But Granny, how do you know they're really watching me?" Applejack's green eyes, now red and puffy, looked at her grandmother's, waiting for an answer.

Granny's hoof started stroking the filly's golden, but tangled mane softly, and smiled.

"Because they loved ya' so much, and I know they still do. They're smiling , happy that their little filly's growing up big and strong.

They're happy knowing that you, Big Mac, and little filly Applebloom are going to be great when ya'll grow up. You have nothin' to worry about, young one. All you have to know is that they loved you very much.., and that I do too."

Applejack smiled and hugged her beloved and caring grandmother, the only one she had that truly loved her and said:

"I love you too, Granny.."

Granny returned the embrance tears now gone, and lightly kissed Applejack's forehead. She loved her three new children more than anything.

"And Applejack, remember this: "No matter what comes we will face the weather, because were apples to the core."Remember it for as long as you live."

"Forever and always Granny?"

"Yes Applejack. forever and always."

She kissed her forehead again, and stared at the wall, trying to remember something...


"Oh! you know, there was a lullaby your mother would always sing when she would put you to sleep. Heh, it always worked..."

She chuckled lightly, remembering the loving memory of Applejacks mother, standing by her crib, with her new bundle of joy wrapped in her hooves, and singing music that was so welcoming and delighting for ponies to hear.

Applejack looked up and asked a question that made Granny rememeber more memories.

"Would you sing it please, just like Ma' would do?'"

Granny looked to her grandaughter's eyes, full of innocence and love.

"Of course, sugar. Just lay down so I could sing it and you could go to sleep right here. Don't worry about sleeping in your bedroom tonight."

Applejack smiled and got off her Granny's lap.

Granny laid down on the bed and Applejack went to her side, cuddling her and closed her eyes, waiting for her to start.

Smith looked to see her beloved "daughter" smiling, just waiting to hear her soothing voice.


She smiled and began to sing the beutiful lullaby:

"O' my Sweet Apple

don't ever feel lonely...

O' my Sweet Apple,

never forget that I'm always here...

O' my Sweet Apple,

your momma will always love you...

And even if you think that im a thousand miles away,

never forget that i love you.

O' my Sweet Apple,

never forget my caring words and answers..

And even in the heavens

I will still love you

because your my Sweet, sweet, Apple..."

When she looked down after finishing the lullaby, she saw Applajack asleep, her cute snores heard throughout the quiet room.

She smiled and got closed to her filly, closed her eyes, and whispered:

"Good night, my little Applejack."

Author's Note:

My first story!
(I know that the poem is not that good..i made it up myself , im not really good...:twilightsheepish:
So please! Tell me my errors or anything wrong!

Comments ( 11 )

OMFG that was so cute and adoreble, it made me cry:pinkiesad2:

5213641 thanks!
And I'm sorry if I made you cry:fluttercry:

*Sniff* I'm not crying...there are ninjas...cutting onions...my heart hurts...:fluttercry:

5215696 wow okay....
Thanks!

First of all, allow me to introduce myself.
I am one of the recruits from a new reviewing society called a helping hoof. We are authors from the site who review stories and offer advice anonimously. We each embody the spirits of one of the background mane 6.
Hello! I'm Lyra :3
A first story huh? Not bad sir\ma'am! Not bad at all.
Ah, those classic apple stories. A good apple family story gives you the sensation that there is a warm fire in front of you, cuddling you in its embrace and warming you. And indeed, this pulled it off!
Now praise aside, there's a downside to any story.
I saw multiple grammatical errors. Once you said "closed" and the correct spelling was "close." I recommend either brushing through the story yourself or getting a good editor.
It was visually entertaining, but it did lack some detailing. Try to describe the scene. We haven't been told what granny's bedroom looks like. Is it small with a worn red carpet and peeling wallpaper? Is it larger with minimal furniture and a large glowing fire? Show, don't tell.

Detail: 4/5
Grammar: 4/5
Concept: 5/5, A+ dude! I mean, it's so cute and fitting and- sorry, I'm ranting again... *innocent squee*
Overall: 4/5
Keep writing!
-Lyra ;)
P.s. Thought the poem was cute and fitting.

Comment posted by coolstorybrah deleted Nov 2nd, 2014

5217518
5216493 thank you very much!:pinkiehappy:
im gonna fix everything later or get an editor:raritywink:

That was... SO SWEET! I loved it, and it made me cry. Not in a depressed way, lol. :twilightsmile:

5813029 glad you enjoyed it sweetheart.:raritywink:

[the dark, "scary", but beutiful /quote]
Not the best speller, but I think that's not the way to spell beautiful

6149521 thanks for pointing that out:raritywink:

Login or register to comment