• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 23,503 Views, 708 Comments

The Human And The Well - Zandar13



Just a normal day for our human Adrian when his curiosity leads him astray to a shimmering well. After falling into the well he finds himself in another world filled with strange multicolored ponies! What shall he do next?

  • ...
77
 708
 23,503

PreviousChapters Next
Human And Royalty

---------- 1:00 PM ----------

UGH. I will never ever get a job being a model after this, I have been in and out of outfits all morning. Some tight, some loose, some that were very questionable and made for a very embarrassing moment for us all. But thankfully when I had my normal clothes back on for a while I was playing with Sweetie Bell and having fun although I felt bad when we were playing hide and seek and Rarity used her magic to drag me away and I accidentally left Sweetie Bell hiding for almost a whole hour.

But a few ear scratches and some hugging made up for it and we were all good, before I got dragged back for more modeling. I have to thank Twilight for showing up and telling Rarity that I have to start getting ready or else she would of spent of the whole day making me even more outfits and do more modeling. So once she finally calmed down and got out of her 'zone' she gathered up the four outfits she finished and added some final touches before choosing my outfit.

It was a three buttoned black jacket with a dark purple buttoned up shirt with matching black slacks and she even made me some dress shoes! The only thing different I noticed was on both the jacket and shirt sleeves was Raritys cutie mark sewn in, which made me curious “Hey Rarity, quick question. Why did you sew your cutie mark on the sleeves?” I asked.

“Well that's simple darling! It is so that any pony who sees who knows that I personally made the first human in Equestrias outfit! It's brilliant! That and sewing ones cutie mark into their clothing is the normal way to identify your brand of clothing dear” she stated.

I nodded and I took one final look at it “I think it looks amazing and you did all this in only a few hours! I am really impressed Rarity! Thank you” I said with a grateful smile.

Raritys face was beaming and possibly glowing after I said that “Oh darling! It was no trouble at all and I should be thanking you for dropping in and allowing me to work on you! I always love a challenge and the opportunity to impress royalty!” she said with a huge smile but Twilight cocked her head to the side at that last comment but didn't say anything.

I grabbed what I was going to wear and I headed to the dressing room which I quickly got familiar with and quickly changed, another thing I learned recently because Rarity was not a patient pony when it came to clothing. I was dressed and I took some time to wet and comb my messy hair and brushed my teeth using a spare brush that I had asked for at lunch. I finally came out all dressed up and looking sharp but I kept the top two buttons undone for now and I presented myself to the three mares and dragon.

“Wow Rarity! You did an excellent job with his outfit! He looks very nice” Twilight said with a nice smile.

“Whoa dude, you sure clean up good! Now if you only had a mustache then the outfit would be complete” Spike said while he stroked his imaginary mustache which only made Twilight roll her eyes.

“Did you have any doubts I could? I can make an outfit for any noble and I could even make a rock look fabulous! A handsome stallion such as Adrian was no problem at all” Rarity declared without any hesitation which made me blush a bit.

Sweetie Bell was staring at me with eyes as big as the moon and were twinkling like stars “You look amazing” she said but once she heard the two mares giggle she shook her head and blushed a bit in return. I did a quiet chuckle as well but I smiled and looked myself over in the mirror real quick.

“Well, I think I look presentable now so lets get these other outfits back to my room real quick then we can get ready for her arrival. Thank you again Rarity, I will find a way to pay you back for your generosity. I promise” I said with a bow and that made Rarity giggle a bit and her face had a slight hint of red.

“Oh, such a gentlecolt! Well you do not have to worry about paying since it was my honor and privilege to do so but if you could then maybe later you could help out in the shop again. An extra pair of hoofs never hurt from time to time” Rarity told me and when she said the extra hoofs bit I looked at my hands and laughed “What's funny?”

I presented my hands to her “Well, I do not know about hoofs but I can always offer a set of hands instead” I said with a slight grin which made everyone in the room laugh.

“Hands aside, he is right though about getting back. Thank you again Rarity for helping, see you when Princess Celestia arrives!” Twilight said as she began to walk out with Spike and I in tow waving goodbye. Rarity and Sweetie Bell were at the door waving back, well Sweetie Bell was bouncing and waving while looking at me with Rarity silently giggling.

On our way back to the library I was once again the center of attention but instead of fear and worry like the first time everyone was looking at me with awe and to tell you the truth it made me feel really good. Nothing happened though until we got to the middle of town when I heard a familiar voice call out “WHOA! WATCH OUT ADR-” was all Derpy said just as she was about to crash into me but this time I took a slight step back and held out my arms to catch her in the nick of time.

“-ian. Heh, sorry about that. Again” Derpy said while looking embarrassed, which made her look cute with her crossed eyes. I simply shook my head while smiling.

“We have to stop meeting like this Derpy, you don't have to get my attention with extreme measures” I jokingly said while I smiled with her cradled in my arms like a princess. This made her blush and she scooted her front hooves up to her chin and gave a sheepish smile.

“Sorry though, I was going back to the post office to pick up the larger packages when I saw you dressed up and you looked really nice and it made me lose my balance again and well you know the rest. Hehe” she said. I playfully rolled my eyes while I lowered myself to the ground and gently placed her on her hooves to the ground.

“Glad you like it though Derpy, Rarity spent most of the morning making this and a few others for me. Now I look nice enough to meet Princess Celestia” I said while I did a quick turn around for her to see the back.

"I thought you looked good already" Derpy said very quietly and I leaned in closer.

“What was that? I didn't quite catch that” I asked as I kneeled down.

“N-n-nothing! Just talking to myself! Well I better get going, can't let ponies wait too much longer for their mail!” she nervously said as she took a few flaps of her wings to get in the air.

I reached over and gave her a quick pat and rub on the head “Good luck Derpy and see you later!” I said with a kind smile. Derpy nodded and smiled back before taking off and when she was out of sight I shook my head “I worry about her sometimes but if she is still flying then I think she will be alright”

Twilight nodded in agreement “She will fine and now she has a good friend like you looking out for her so everything will work out great!” she said while her smile beamed. We took a few steps before we saw that Spike stood frozen behind us. “Spike? Come on, we need to get moving”

Spike turned around with a slight look of fear “Uh, I don't think we will be moving soon” he said. Before either Twilight or myself could ask we felt the ground rumble a bit and before we knew it we were surrounded by a dozen or so ponies who wore excited faces and were jumping for joy.

“Oh my gosh! I thought you were scary and thought you were gonna hurt Derpy but you caught her and carried her like a princess in a storybook!” a mint green mare said who had a harp cutie mark.

“Yeah! Me and my sister were kinda worried when Princess Twilight was leading you back to the library yesterday but with the way you were gentle with her told us that you probably were not a monster or anything!” a blue mare with a bright pink mane said who seemed to have some kind of flower for a cutie mark, right next to her nodding in agreement was the same looking mare but with reverse colors and an identical cutie mark. I was guessing that she was the sister and they were twins.

After the first three spoke this seemed to inspire the rest of the crowd to talk all at once and soon a wave full of different colors and mares and a few stallions washed over me and were trying to talk to me all at once. It was too much for me to handle and I put my hands up and tried to speak but they all drowned me out with questions upon questions that I could not hear and I even took a step back while I tried to get their attention. I looked around for Twilight and I saw her at the edge of the crowd trying to force her way in.

She looked up and saw me looking at her and I mouthed the words 'help me' and she nodded instantly before she took a deep breath and yelled "QUIET" in a very loud voice that could probably be heard from the edge of town or further. They all stopped and finally realized that they were all crowded over me and took a few steps back, Twilight let out a sigh and spoke up “I realize that you all have questions for him but ganging up on him is no way to do so. So I suggest you all disperse and approach him one on one in the future. Thank you!”

The crowd nodded their heads but they all looked so disappointed and began to separate, I looked around and decided to say something “But before you all go, just know that I am very happy that you all are interested in talking to me! I was kinda worried when you all stared at me yesterday but I hope to get to know you all in the future! And I would be willing to answer one per- uh, ponies questions for a bit!” I said which got the attention of the few closest to me and I saw that the two twins were the first and only ones to come back as the others saw them and walked off.

“Hello there! Sorry about before but we got caught up in the crowd and wanted to meet you! My name is Lotus Blossom and this is my twin sister Aloe Blossom! We run the local spa in town and want to let you know that we are always open and would love to treat you sometime!” Lotus said with a cheery smile.

“While we would love to ask you a ton of questions I think we should let you go for now but be sure to stop by and visit us! Your first spa treatment will be on the house! See you later cutie!” Aloe said and blew me a kiss with her hoof and the twins turned and walked off with a slight skip in their steps. I was about to let out a tired sigh before I felt a tap on the back of my leg and I turned around and saw a white unicorn with sunglasses on and electric blue hair.

“Yo! What's up dude! The name is Vinyl Scratch and I am the local DJ and ultimate music master in Ponyville! Just wanted to let you know real quick that I am having a party tonight and I would love for you to come on down as my special quest! You would get all your drinks for free and probably plenty of stage time!” she said with a grin and I saw her horn light up and I saw a card appear with a pen and she wrote something down on the back before giving it to me. “This is my card and your invitation along with my info on the back, just in case. Hope to see ya tonight, now give me a hoof bump!” she finished by holding up her front hoof.

Hoof bump? I wonder if that is like a fist bump back home, probably. So I made a fist and I bumped her hoof and when I did her smile grew and she walked off and waved. I checked around to make sure there was not another pony waiting and saw that the only ones their was Twilight and Spike who walked over to me. “Sorry about that Adrian, I guess they were all still nervous about you until they saw you being nice to Derpy. Guess they just needed a little push” she said with a chuckle.

“Yeah, I guess so. Quite a rush though, had me a bit worried for a moment. Thank you for the save back there, I appreciate it” I gratefully said as I put Vinyls card in my pocket and we all began walking again. We walked for a bit before I felt Spike elbow nudging me.

“Boy dude, you sure are a lady killer. Having the spa twins all over you like that, especially Aloe” he said as he winked at me. This earned him a soft smack on the back of the head from Twilight. “Ow! What was that f-” he was about to ask but all he got was a glare from Twilight. He sighed “Fine. Sorry Adrian. Your not a lady killer, just a very nice guy. Who gets all the girls” that last part was said very quietly and I could tell Twilight heard but simply sighed and accepted his semi apology.

The rest of the brief walk was spent in silence and soon enough we were walking inside the crystal castle and I quickly went up to my room and hanged them up in the closet. Thankfully the closet was big enough so that I did not have to reach down much to hang them, so with my three new outfits hanging and my old pair folded nicely I closed the closet door and went to the bathroom to freshen up again.

After doing my business and making sure I smelled nice I stepped out onto the balcony and leaned against the railing and let the warm sun bask down on me and enjoyed the nice breeze across my face. I do not know how long I stood there for but I enjoyed the serenity of everything. I really liked Ponyville, the whole town just seemed so peaceful and relaxing and even nature just soothed my entire being, I felt rested just by standing there and allowing myself to soak in all the sounds, smells, and feelings of the area.

I was so zoned out that I did not notice a pair of violet eyes looking up at me and eventually I broke out of my trace and glanced down at her and smiled “Hey Princess, sorry that I zoned out for a bit. I was just taking in the beauty of this place, it is so different from anything back home and I really like it” I told her.

She smiled in return “That is good to hear Adrian, I am glad that you feel that way” she said as she placed her front hooves on the rail beside me and looked out and we just stood there enjoying each others company in silence. But after a little while I saw that she started to fiddle with her hoofs, like she was nervous about something “Hey Adrian, since we are friends and all you don't have to always call m-” she started to say before we saw a large covered golden chariot being pulled by two equally golden pegasuses slowly descend the sky and start to land in front of the library.

“OH MY GOSH! SHE IS HERE!” Twilight exclaimed and started to panic and in one motion she flew back and turned me around and started to inspect me and fuss over me “Ok, hair good, no dirt or anything on your suit good, shoes and hoofs shiny good, Adrian smile!” she frantically told me and I replied by smiling “Ok, nothing sticking out in your teeth and they look clean good. Alright, good! Your all set! GASP! But how do I look?! Adrian! How do I look?!” she said in a panic and she landed and started to smooth out her fur and seemed to comb her hair with her hoofs.

I leaned down and I held her sides in my hands to stop her movements and try to calm her “Princess, calm down. Take a breath and just calm down, ok?” I told her and at first she took short frantic breaths but I started to take deep breaths with my nose and exhaled out my mouth to show her and thankfully she caught on and started to repeat me. After a good ten breaths she calmed down and I let her go before I reached up and gave her a few scratches on her ear “You look absolutely fine and pretty, so don't worry. Just relax and act like you always do, alright?” I soothingly told her.

She sat there for a few moments before she closed her eyes and smiled and gave a happy groan before she shook her head, which made me drop me hand and she took one more deep breath. “Ok, thank you for that and sorry. I always get a little nervous when Princess Celestia visits” she told me with a nervous chuckle.

I smiled and gave a slight chuckle “That's alright, now let's head on down and welcome her properly” I said as I stood up but before I could take a step I heard her start to say something.

“W-w-wait! Just a second, before we go down” she nervously said “Could....could you do me one small thing before we see her?” I nodded and knelt down to her height. “W-would you mind.....would you mind giving me one more......ear......scratch?” she finished and almost sounded like Fluttershy with the request. I gave a playful little laugh before I reached back over and started to scratch the same ear as before and in no time her nervousness and stiffness melted away as she leaned her body into my hand a bit and smiled.

I did this for about a minute before she pulled back and gave a happy sigh “I can see why the others like that so much” she said with a slight blush but smiled warmly before she started to walk out and I followed her. We walked down the stairs and we came into the library before she stopped me “Adrian, do you want to wait in here while I greet the Princess and bring her in here?” she asked with concern.

“Yeah, I think that would be best. Thank you” I said with a nervous smile, she simply nodded and walked to the door and disappeared. I stood in the middle of the library and tried my best not to be nervous because I didn't want to start sweating and began to pace back and forth. Gah, now my throat feels dry and my hands feel clammy and started to shake and my heart started to go faster. My mind started to whirl about with stupid ideas and thoughts and after a brief moment of panic I decided to follow my own advice to Twilight and started to take deep breaths and thankfully it worked for me as well and I began to calm down.

I heard the door start to creak and I snapped to attention but in the next instant I saw a pink blur rocket out and land in front of me “HIYA ADRIAN! Wowwy! You look spiffy and cool! Guess you went over and saw Rarity this morning huh? Awesomeriffic!” Pinkie said in a flurry of words and exaggerated movements that only brought a calming smile to my face. Soon enough I saw the other four girls walk in and move to me.

“Well shoot sugarcube, look at ya! You clean up real nice there Adrian. Your sure ta give the Princess the best first impression!” Applejack declared.

“Oh my, you do look very dashing Adrian. I really like that jacket too” Fluttershy quietly said.

“Meh, you look cool and all but I personally think your normal clothes looked better” Rainbow said as she circled around me.

“Rainbow Dash! How can you say such a thing! He looks absolutely smashing in that attire! Why he could sweep any mare off their hooves if he wanted to!” Rarity forcefully told everyone. Rainbow smirked and started to nudge Rarity.

“Guess that means you want the big guy to sweep you off your hooves like a Princess huh?” she said as she wiggled her eyebrows which only made Rarity blush red all over. “Bwahahahaha! Oh man Rarity, you should see your face! It-it's too much!” Rainbow said as she fell to the ground and clutched her stomach as she laughed.

Applejack tried to stifle her laughter as she walked over to the two “Well, don't look now but he probably already has two mares who have fallen for him” she whispered which made the two stop their actions and look over at me. While Rainbow and Rarity were playing around Fluttershy and Pinkie had made their way over to my sides and had leaned against me and I decided to give them both ear scratches and soon enough they both had loving smiles planted on their faces.

Before the other three mares could say anything Twilight entered the room and gave a cough to get our attention “Alright everypony, get ready” she said as she made her way over to us while the others got up and formed a semi-line. Just as we got in position four white pegasuses in golden armor lined up by the door and stood at attention.

“Now entering the library: Princess Celestia, Co-Ruler of all of Equestria and Princess of the Sun and Princess Luna, Co-Ruler of all of Equestria and Princess of the Night!” the guard declared in a very loud and booming voice. But in my mind I started to freak out a little at the fact that not only was I meeting Princess Celestia but now all of a sudden I am now also meeting Princess Luna as well! Why was she here as well and why did Twilight not tell me?

The first one to come in was a tall, white Alicorn who wore golden accessories but I think the most striking feature I saw was her mane. It seemed to shimmer and weave in the air like wind was constantly make it flow in the breeze yet I did not feel any air in here, once again I blame magic. Heh, I love that excuse now! But another striking feature was the way she carried herself, I saw that every step she took was graceful and full of poise, almost like she had done this before many, many times.

While that might have been intimidating it was her kind and gentle smile that she carried which allowed me to feel slightly at ease in her oncoming presence, if it wasn't for the fact that I knew was a Princess I would of said she was the Queen for one other reason. I cannot fully explain what it is but I feel something powerful surrounding me, like a dense fog, but it does not hurt or make me worry and I can both feel it and not feel it at the same time. It is a very weird feeling that I have never felt before. That last thing I saw about her was her massive wing span, her feathers seemed very clean and pristine and gave her a very elegant grace when they are spread. I can see why Twilight wanted me to look nice, this was definitely a pony worth dressing up for.

I had to peel my eyes away from her to notice the other Alicorn striding beside her, who was slightly shorter than her but commanded no less respect and grace than the other. Yet she had a different kind of beauty about her that equaled the first one as I admired her nice, blue fur that glowed a gentle hue in the sun which was accompanied by her black accessories that drew out her color nicely. But her cerulean eyes were a very dominate feature as they seemed gentle yet seemed to house a very sharp tone that I would hate to see dawned upon me if she were angry, but all this fails to compare the one thing that drew my eye to her.

Her mane, which also seemed to dance in the breeze, looked exactly like the night sky without any sort of illumination to dull its embrace as every star that I saw twinkled and the rich black of its night drew me in deeper and deeper until I felt like I would fall into its beautiful embrace. I felt so peaceful when I looked at her mane and with it wavering it almost seemed hypnotic, without a doubt this one was the Princess of the Night. It was amazing just how different these two looked and how in tune they were with day and night.

When they were both almost upon us, I quickly took a knee before them and bowed my head but I kept my eyes open which is when I saw both of their covered hoofs stop before us and I heard a voice speak “Hello my little ponies, please rise your heads. You know I prefer to speak with you all normally” the voice spoke very gently and it was accompanied with a light giggle. I did not raise my head though since she did say ponies but then saw and felt her hoof go under my chin and she gently lifted it up so we were facing each other.

“Forgive me, I am used to usually addressing ponies. I suppose I should say ponies and human I believe, correct?” the white alicorn asked with a smile.

“Yes your majesty, I am Adrian Frost the human. You are Princess Celestia, correct?” I asked respectfully which she nodded at “It is my honor to meet you Princess Celestia” I gently took her hoof from my chin and kissed it before I turned to the blue alicorn “And I must assume that you are Princess Luna your grace, it is with my utmost honor and privilege to not only meet you but to also thank you for assisting with my nightmare. I thank you” I gracefully said as I also took her hoof and placed a quick kiss upon her hoof before letting it back down.

Celestia seemed stunned at my actions and looked at me for a moment before her smile returned and both of them giggled but it was Luna who spoke first “My, my! Such a gentlecolt, we like this one very much sister” Luna said with an amused smile.

“Indeed sister, I have not seen such a proper greeting in many moons. Though a bit outdated it is a nice refresher to see” she said with sincerity “We personally welcome you Adrian to the land of Equestria and I can only hope that my little ponies have been treating you well” she finished with a slight bow of her head. “You may rise now”

I did as she asked and I rose to my full height and I saw that in comparison to the all the other girls, who came to my waist, Celestia stood almost as tall as me as the top of her head came up to my eyes though her horn did beat me and rose above me. The top of Lunas head came to my mouth and her horn is at eye level and I could see the surprise of my height in their eyes as they looked me up and down “We must say, thou....you are very tall Adrian, very tall indeed! I have seen few creatures who overtake my dear sister in height without them being a mighty adult dragon!” Luna said with a mixture of awe and wonder.

Celestia gave a slight giggle “Yes, she is quite right. Are you considered tall for a human?” she curiously asked.

I nodded “Yes Princess, last I checked I was about six feet and two inches tall and compared to most humans I am considered taller than normal but there are humans are are even taller, by two feet and a couple more inches. But humans that tall are usually an extreme rarity though” I explained which not only made the two of them shocked but I also noticed the six girls beside me in the same state.

“I-I see, that is certainly surprising and I suppose that makes us even more honored that we are in the presence of a rare human then!” she playfully said which got the rest of them back to normal.

“Awwww yeah! A rare alien! What could be better!” Rainbow said as she flew up and gave me a noogie. I simply laughed as I reached up and messed with her mane.

Celestia laughed at our messing around but she cleared her throat which made us stop and return to normal “I am very glad to see that you are able to get along with these ponies, now girls I wish to ask something and when I ask I do not mean to imply or be rude but as the Princess of Equestria I must ask. Girls, do you consider Adrian here to be a threat to anypony or anything in the lands of Eqeustria?” she asked sternly and it caught me by surprise.

At first I was kinda upset but I thought about what she said and I realized that she is only making sure that the strange new alien creature will not pose a threat and if our positions were reversed I would be asking the same question. I was happy at what happened next though cause the next thing all six girls said was “NO!” in unison, which caught us three by surprise.

“Certainly not! Our dear Adrian here has been a joy to been around so far and he has presented a new challenge for me and my line of work! And not only that but he is very gentle and kind, especially to Sweetie Bell. Those two played all morning while he helped model for the very same outfit he is wearing now!” Rarity explained.

“Yer darn tootin he ain't no danger! I can same ta same thing about him and Applebloom, she was so excited last night that I had a hard time getting her ta bed cause all she was talkin about was Adrian here” she said with a laugh.

“Yeah! The big guy here is cool Princess! Even after he saw my not so good side for a moment he forgave me right away and is still cool with me! And even Scootaloo liked playing with him!” Rainbow boasted as she nudged my leg while wearing a grin.

“I have to agree with them Princess Celestia, Adrian has been very nice and thoughtful when we found him and has treated us kindly” Fluttershy timidly said but she looked up at me and smiled, which I happily returned.

“Not only that but he has become a very important friend to our local mailmare Derpy Hooves and has treated her with kindness and respect even when most other ponies tend to ignore her or get upset when she messes up due to her crossed eyes and clumsy flying. He was able to cheer her up and said something very important to her and they became very good friends, even when she still accidentally crashes into him” she gave a slight laugh at that last part “He even gave an excellent suggestion on how to address that problem without putting her in the spotlight! I would like to tell you of this later, if you do not mind Princess Celestia” Twilight politely asked.

“AND don't forget to mention his amazing and super wonderiffic ear scratches! They are gooooooooooooooooood” she said with a huge grin and some more over exaggerated movements, which seemed to produce confetti out of nowhere.

Both Celestia and Luna seemed confused at this “Ear scratches? What do you mean by that Pinkie Pie?” Celestia asked.

“What do I mean!?! I mean him giving the best scratching of ears this world has ever seen! But I think it might be better to show you though!” Pinkie explained before she bounced over to my side and looked up at me with a huge smile that sparkled along with her eyes, ugh she could get away with murder with a look like that. So not being able to refuse the look I stretched out my hand real quick before I reached down and began my ear scratch on her which automatically made her turn into a limp noodle with a happy smile. “Ahhhhhh, that's the spot”

Celestia stared at Pinkies melted body before gazing up to me and smiled “Well, I think I can safely say that you pose no threat and will be able to offer many new things to our world. Please continue to look out for my little ponies and I expect the same kind of treatment upon you as well” she gracefully said.

I smiled and gave a slight head bow “Princess Celestia, I have a question I would like to ask of you” I asked which she responded with a head bow in return “Now I do not know how exactly I got here, all I remember is I was traveling in the woods in winter and I came upon an old well and I saw the water shimmer and when I leaned in closer to look I fell in. I tried to swim to the surface but I fell down further and I thought I was going to drown and die but then the next thing I knew I woke up here surrounded by these six. Actually I have been meaning to ask how you girls found me as well” I said.

“Well that is the thing, when we walked out to the field we simply found you already laying there passed out and we were discussing how to best wake you and deal with you. I did not sense any sort of magic being used recently and since it was in the middle of the field there was nothing magical that could have been the cause” Twilight explained.

“Hmmm, weird. But back to the question, with all that information do you think it might be possible to send me back home Princess Celestia, Princess Luna?” I seriously asked. Both of them did not answer right away and took some time to think and discuss with each other which made me start to worry and lose hope. I had stopped scratching Pinkies ear which made her poke my hand with her muzzle while she looked at me with a smile and I felt the same thing on my other hand by Fluttershy who looked at me with a caring concern. I gave a small smile and began to scratch both of their ears, which started to make me feel a little better when I saw them both smile.

I think the rest of the girls felt how uneasy I was feeling cause Applejack and Rarity placed a hoof on my foot while Twilight simply offered a kind smile but Rainbow flew up and gave my cheek a quick nuzzle before she landed and sat on my shoulders and layed her head on top of mine, I gave a small chuckle at that but I smiled at the kind but slightly silly gesture. After waiting a few more tense minutes the two Princesses turned back to us and cleared their throats “Adrian, my sister and I have discussed this matter and at this moment we cannot confirm or deny the possibility of sending you back home. Now I do not wish to possibly give you false hope but their might be a slim chance that there is a spell back in Canterlot within the Star Swirl the Bearded section that could hold the answer. But it will take us a while to locate it within the thousands upon thousands of scrolls and books but I promise you that we will spare as much time as we can to help locate the possible spell” Celestia said with a caring voice.

I smiled at this “Thank you very much Princesses, I am in both of your debts for your kindness” I replied with a slight head bow as to not throw Rainbow off “Now with that, since I am going to be staying here for an unknown amount of time I would like to be able to hold a job so I can pay for food and lodging until such time that it is no longer needed” I said.

“You don't have to worry about that Adrian! You can stay at the castle and have a room and food for free! It wouldn't be any trouble!” Twilight pleaded but I only shook my head.

“While I am grateful for that Princess, I would feel bad for having to freeload off of you and not just because you are a Princess but because you are a friend and having to mooch off of a friend would leave a bad taste in my mouth. So until I can find a place to live and save up enough money to live on my own, I humbly ask that I continue to live in your castle Princess Twilight” I politely asked.

Twilight was silent as she look back and forth between me and Celestia but finally Celestia looked at her sternly and gave a firm nod which made Twilight sigh and sag but she eventually turned back to me “Alright, I suppose I can't stop you but at least take your time and don't feel like you have to rush ok? My doors are always to you” she kindly said.

I nodded and smiled at Twilight but before I could say anything “Well, with that all settled I would like to ask all six of you to take a walk with me and discuss his situation and plan out a solution” Celestia asked to which all six nodded to and slowly left me and drifted over to the other end of the library and I could see scrolls and quills being taken out and written on. I decided to sit down on the couch and relax for a bit since my legs stated to shake. But I soon joined by another as Luna trotted up and sat beside me.

“While they discuss your future, I would like to take this time to discuss two important things with you Adrian. One will be a brief talk about your nightmare and what it meant, if you are willing to discuss it now of course” Luna tenderly asked.

“I-I think I would be able to since it would be easier to talk about it with someone who has already seen it” I explained.

“Good and there is one other matter of great importance that has recently been brought to our attention” she said in a grimly manner.

“W-what matter would that be Princess Luna?” I nervously asked.

What happened next was certainly very odd and surprising as she began to fiddle with her hooves before asking “W-w-WE would like to formally request....an.......an......an ear scratch”

Author's Note:

TA DAH! Our human finally meets not one but TWO Princesses! Bet you did not see that one coming! Me either! But when I was going over the dream part to see if I mentioned some things I thought that Luna would also like to meet him, mainly for his nightmare though. But it looks like she will get something else out of this visit as well! And will he ever get back home? Does Canterlot hold the answer? Will Adrian get to go to Vinyls party!?! Stay tuned and find out!

PreviousChapters Next