• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 23,503 Views, 708 Comments

The Human And The Well - Zandar13



Just a normal day for our human Adrian when his curiosity leads him astray to a shimmering well. After falling into the well he finds himself in another world filled with strange multicolored ponies! What shall he do next?

  • ...
77
 708
 23,503

PreviousChapters Next
A Stitch Or Two For A Human

---------- 7:30 AM ----------

“.....” something said in the distance, or maybe it was closer but I still could not hear it so I simply decided to ignore and continue lying on my comfy prison of clouds.

“w... .p” there it was again but I definitely heard something that time, but I still could not properly hear it and this time I decided to strain my ears to hear it better.

“Wa.e U.” way you? Was I standing in someones way? No, I was in bed so it must be something else but what is it? I was about to wake myself up fully to hear it but I never got the chance.

“WAKE UP!” a very angry female voice exploded in my ears and probably popped them but I was now fully awake and my heart was pounding and I reached up and cupped my poor pounding eardrums with my hands while I groaned rather loudly. “About time! Geez and here I thought baby dragons were heavy sleepers” the voice said in a calm but annoyed tone.

After a moment or two I finally let my arms drop and I looked around the room to gather my bearings and I gathered that I was sitting up in my bed with the covers splayed everywhere and a purple alicorn was sitting at the foot of the bed with an expecting face while she stared at my discombobulated form. I blinked a few times before I finally did a morning stretch “Good morning Twilight” I yawned before I dragged myself off the bed, which ended up with me crashing on the floor with a groan.

“GASP! Are you alright?!” Twilight said as she hopped off the bed and offered me a helping ha-hoof, helping hoof. Kinda weird to say but it is technically correct. I groggily nodded my head as I strained my body to respond to my commands as I stood up and stumbled my way to the bathroom.

“I.....I'll be reeht ut, jus nee ta wake up” I said rather ungracefully but my body was in a state of denial as it was pried away from the clutches of the cloud bed but thankfully the now laughing pony understood.

“Ah-Alright, ju-just head down....downstairs for some breakfast” she said in between laughs before she trotted out. I paid no attention to anything but the HUGE shower before me, I swear that I have never seen anything bigger! But I should say that it was horizontally huge, its height was perfect for me but I suppose that it was designed for ponies with their bigger backsides. Hmmm, probably should not say that out loud, might be taken a whole another way.

I shook off those thoughts as I got undressed and stepped in, I have to thank Twilight again for putting everything in here last night, and I started fiddling with the knobs.

---------- Downstairs, Kitchen ----------

Twilight was finishing up preparing breakfast and was also getting the plates out before she heard a painful scream from upstairs, quickly followed by “AHHHHHH! I'M BOILING ALIVE!.......BURRAAAHH! NOW I'M FREEZING! MAKE IT STOP!” the voice said in a matter of seconds before nothing was heard. Twilight tried her best to stifle her laughter since it was not funny that I had burned and froze myself with shower water but at the same it was pretty funny. After taking a few seconds to breath, she continued to set up breakfast with a huge smile on her face.

---------- Upstairs, Guest Room #9 ----------

After a good ten minute shower, the first minute used to figure out the perfect mixture of boiling and freezing, I got out and freshen myself up and got re-dressed. Would of preferred new clothing but for the moment I was stuck with my one set of clothing until I got some new ones but thankfully I took a sniff and they did not smell so that was good. Once I was done I felt like new, slept in a dream bed, had an amazing shower, and their body wash made me smell good so I was a happy man.

I took a quick moment to look at myself in the mirror as I mind started to wonder to back night, the nightmare, Nightingale, and the nice dream afterward. I wonder how long it took to wake me up, she sounded kinda irritated but hey, she said I would be no problem next to a baby dragon. Heh, another weird thing I can say normally now, awesome. But it dawned on me that I called her by her name without her title and I tensed up for a moment. I hope that she did not think I was being rude or disrespectful, I think not since she did not say anything. That or she just chalked it up to morning drowsiness.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, I have to make sure that I remember her title in the future, she is a princess after all and it would be disrespectful for a stranger like me to address her so informally. Though I have noticed that no one else seems to call her Princess or any other fancy title. Though most of them have been her friends and friends usually are relaxed about titles and such. I won't think much on it for now until she says something.

So with that thought done with, I began to head downstairs and to the aroma of a wonderful smelling breakfast and after bumping into a few walls since I had my eyes closed and followed my nose I found myself in the kitchen while Twilight hummed a tune. I decided to pull something silly and I quietly tip toed my way over to her and once I was right behind her I quickly covered her eyes with my hands “Guess who?” I said as I dragged the word who out.

Twilight stopped and did a tiny surprised jump before I heard her chuckle under her breath “Adrian, that is a little foals game” she said playfully. Once she said my name I let out a disappointed aww and removed my hands and made my way over to my kneeling spot.

“Gosh darn it, how ever did you know it was me?!” I laid the sarcasm on very thick and finished with an innocent grin which only made her roll her eyes and smile.

“Well statically speaking it was very easy to narrow down who was here and who would be up this early and” that was all she said before I thumped by forehead against the table “Are you alright?” she asked curiously.

“Yeah, yeah. I just did not realize how much of an egghead you really were” I said rather cheekily and I showed her a toothy grin, which only made her puff up her cheeks and pout. I gave a slight chuckle to this “Hehe, alright. I'm sorry Princess, but I honestly thought you were gonna say something simple and not go into a full blown lecture on stats and numbers” I said.

She gave a slight sigh and turned back around to grab the rest of the stuff and the finished food and floated it all over to the table, I don't think I will ever be able to get over the fact that magic is real and used to normally here. She pushed over my plate and I saw it was big stack of pancakes already topped with butter and dripping with syrup. I felt a small dribble of drool escape and I quickly used a napkin to wipe it up before I grabbed the utensils and dug in but once I had the first bite in I stopped mid-chew and took a few moments to really get a taste. I had a confused look on my face which alerted Twilight that something was amiss.

“Does it taste alright? I hope that it tastes good, does it taste good?” she worryingly asked and repeated.

I nodded my head and swallowed “Yeah, it is really good! Just a bit different tasting then what I thought and am used to is all” I said with a smile before I cut up another big piece and dipped it in the extra syrup and ate some more.

“Oh, that's good. I thought maybe I messed up again. I am glad you like it” she said and planted a smile on her face before starting in on her meal. We both ate our meals in silence and I was full up on pancakes and syrup, which I expressed by leaning back and letting out a satisfied moan. This made her laugh again and she floated everything to its proper place and began to wash the dishes. I finally willed myself up and stretched my legs before wandering up to her.

“So, why did we wake up so early for anyway?” I asked.

“Ah, well since Princess Celestia is coming later in the afternoon I thought it would be best to head on over to Raritys place early and see if we can get you something to wear before she arrives and see if we can get you some more clothes to wear since I am sure that you do not want to be stuck in just one outfit” she explained as she finished up cleaning.

I laughed a bit “Yeah, having only one outfit would not be good. But how is she going to make something nice in only a few hours? Wouldn't it take at least a day or two?” I curiously asked.

She responded by shaking her head “Nope, just give Rarity an hour or two and she will be able to make you anything! Within reason of course” she said.

“Wow, she must be an amazing seamstress! Back home it would take a bit more time to make something really nice, an hour or two and that would usually result in something simple. Well, we must not delay anymore! Lead on Princess!” I said as we began to walk to the front.

She giggled a bit “Oh and you will be able to meet Spike as well since he should still be there. Hehehe, he is probably still asleep though. He loves his sleep. How did you sleep last night?” she asked but her light toned voice became a bit lower when she asked that last thing.

For the moment I ignored it and answered with “I slept like a baby! I have never slept on a bed as softy and comfy as that cloud bed! If I were to make and sell those back home, I would be a very rich man” I laughed at that last part and for a brief second she had also smile but it went away just as quick as she looked up at me with concern in her eyes.

“Di-did you have any.......nightmares?” she hesitantly asked. Now her face was starting to grow a worried look as she continued to walk and stare. I looked away for a moment and began to scratch the back of my neck as I thought of how to answer.

“M-maybe, why?” I said, it was not he best thing I could of said but I did not want to talk about it yet.

Her eyes slanted down a bit “I...well I....I felt something that woke me up, sort of like raw magic bursting out and swirling around but before I could search for it it vanished. But since I was already up I decided to walk out to my balcony and see if I could sense where it came from. During my search I heard your balcony door open before I heard the faint sound of crying. I stood there frozen as you continued to cry and cry and I could not think of anything to do or say to you. But as I was about to fly up I saw a Lunar Guard fly by and land by you and I had decided to leave and allow her to console you since she is probably better at confronting nightmares” she sadly told me.

Her eyes started to tear up a bit “I'm so sorry that I could not help you during your time of need Adrian, I hope you can forgive me” she said while she hung her head down a little. I sighed a bit and bit my lip as I thought of what to say next but I decided that words would not help right now and I simply reached down and began to pet her mane softly. She felt this and looked up at me and saw a small smile while I continued to pet her, she did not say anything but leaned into my leg a bit while we both walked.

After a bit I spoke up “You have nothing to forgive, it would have been harder to explain the dream and try to comfort me for you. But thankfully due to Princess Luna and Nightingale they helped me out of the nightmare and were able to console me, well mainly Nightingale for that last part. It should be me apologizing to you for worrying you like that, I just had a bit of a scare about not being able to go home and see my family again and such. But I think I am going to be fine now that I got it out of my system, so don't try and worry so much alright?” I concluded by kneeling down in front of her and pulled her into a hug.

She gladly hugged back and nuzzled my neck a bit “Alright, I suppose I can try. But if you ever wanna talk about it then know that me or any of the other girls will gladly listen and do our best to help. Please remember that, ok?” she silently said but with a bit of pep in her voice. I simply nodded against her head and we let go of each other and began walking again.

We walked in silence for a bit but as we did I looked around and saw that it was pretty early since most of the stores and shops were either still closed or were just starting to set up to open, I just hope that we won't have to wake Rarity up or anything. I was looking around some more before I spotted a new familiar face walking up to a nearby house and dropping of a newspaper. I smiled “Good morning Derpy!” I said loud enough for her to hear me.

She heard and she quickly dropped off the paper and flew over to me and wrapped her hooves around my neck and gave a slight squeak when she did “Good morning Adrian! What are you doing up so early?” she asked as she clung to me and flew while we walked.

“Well, Princess Twilight here is taking me to Raritys place in order to get a few new outfits for me to wear so I can impress Princess Celestia this afternoon” I said but once she heard Celestias name she gasped out in surprise.

“She is coming here today?! And your going to meet her?! Wow, you get along quick!” she excitedly said while refusing to let go of me.

“Yeppers! So she thought it would be better to go early and get it down before anything else. So do you deliver the paper every morning?” I asked.

“No, we only deliver on Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes on Saturday if the news is declared big enough but when that happens we get paid extra so it's all good” she happily said as she continued to snuggle my head.

I gave an amused sigh while I reached up and began to scratch her ear, which only made her slump down and almost fall but I caught her. She then used my arm to support her back hooves and reapplied herself and continued to hug me and lie her head on my shoulder, a head that had closed eyes and a happy smile. “You should probably get back to work, Derpy” I said which only made her groan in reply.

“But I don't wanna, I like it right here” she said as she snuggled more into me.

“Come on Derpy, you have a job to do and I don't wanna get you in trouble” I explained which seemed to finally break through as I felt her slump.

She sighed before she took to flight and hovered in front of me “Your right, so I will see you later then!” she happily exclaimed and gave my cheek a quick nuzzle before flying off to the next house.

Twilight gave an amused giggle “She has really taken a liking to you, which I am happy about because she does not have enough support around her due to her eyes and such. I should ask if she would like me to ask the town to treat her more fairly” she said.

I shook my head “No, that probably would not work in the long run since most would see it as playing favorite or giving her special attention. Hmmm, I have an idea. You are the Princess of Friendship correct?” she nodded yes in reply “So, how about holding a town meeting discussing the facts that no matter what someone looks like or talks, acts, etc. that everyone should be treated equally and fairly and become friends with everyone. Cause for them to be friends not only 'normal' ponies but with 'different' ponies as well, then that would be the real magic of friendship. What do you think?” I finished explained and saw that Twilight was awestruck and looked at me with sparkles in her eyes.

“That was beautiful Adrian! And you are absolutely right! I need to start planning that right away! Oh, thank you so much for that wonderful idea!” she flew up and gave me a very happy hug while she squealed in delight at the idea before returning to my side. The next few minutes were in silence, mainly because I could see her thinking away about my idea. I was glad I was able to say that correctly, I was kinda running with the whole Princess Of Friendship thing and at first I thought I was gonna babble something useless but turned out I did an ok job.

The sun was now starting to warm up the town and started to light up the town and I could see a big white building a little ways away, it looked like a carousal from a carnival but with fancy colors and walls. The design was very cool and interesting and I would love to have a similar house but I would change a few colors, but that is for a later day. This was mostly likely Raritys place, since it seemed fancy and I could tell that she was a very fancy lady.

“Hey, quick question. Will Spike freak out if he sees me?” I asked as we walked closer to the shop.

“Well, hopefully not because when I sent the letter saying it was ok for him to stay over I also told him to have Rarity explain you to him, so he should hopefully expect something unexpected” she told me calmly as we approached the front door. I nodded at her response then we stopped and she knocked three times on the door.

“Coming!~” a feminine voice sung out from behind the door and a couple of seconds later Rarity opened the door and offered a kind smile “Why hello darlings! I was wondering when you would show up! Thank you ever so much Twilight dear for sending me that heads up last night about setting up our dear human friend here with some new clothes for today when he meets the Princess! Oh I am so excited! Come in, come in!” she offered us, which he both gladly accepted and walked inside as she closed the door behind us. “Now just wait here for a moment while I get everything ready! SPIKE! Twilights here and with our guest!” she called out as she left in the opposite direction.

After a brief moment I saw a tiny little creature with purple and green scales descend from the stairs above and quickly made its way over to Twilight and hugged her front leg to which she took her other leg and gave him a hug back “Good morning Spike, I am surprised that you are up and not sleeping in!” she said with a light laugh, to which I saw Spike roll his eyes.

“Aw come on Twilight, I don't always sleep in you know” he said as he puffed out his chest and crossed his arms, which only made her smile and shake her head.

“Alright, alright. Now Spike, I would like to introduce you to Adrian Frost!” she finished by presenting me with both her front hooves like she was unveiling a statue or a prize. The little dragon seemed surprise that I was suddenly standing there and he jumped back a little before he eyed me over.

“Whoa, freaky. So, are you like a hairless minotaur or monkey or something?” he said casually as he crossed his arms again but I saw that Twilight had dropped her jaw to the ground and stared at him like he just lit fire to a forest. She was about to say something but I stepped forward and stopped her and shook my head. She seemed to understand but still stared at Spike with daggers in her eyes.

“Lets go with the 'or something' one. I'm actually a human being from another world! I somehow got transported to this world yesterday and since then have been very well taken care off. And I just wanna say that it is an honor to meet a real live dragon! So, hopefully we can get along as well Spike” I said as I stuck out my hand for him. His eyes became huge and his mouth grew into a huge grin.

“WAIT! So, your like an alien then?!” he excitedly said. I forced myself not to roll my eyes at the comment, sounds like him and Rainbow Dash would get along. I nodded my head though and he gained a bounce in his step as he rushed over to me and shook my hand “WOW! This is so cool! To meet a real live alien! This is awesome!” he sounded like a kid in a toy store, guess that is why she said he was a baby dragon.

“Manners my dear Spikey-Wikey, he may be new here but he is still our friend after all” Rarity said as she came back with a huge pile of linens and many other things used to sew and placed them next to her sewing machine.

“Oh! Right, sorry about. Hehe” he said as he nervously chuckled in embarrassment.

“It's fine Spike, I know the feeling. You and Rainbow Dash acted the same way” I explained with a laugh.

Twilight also laughed “Alright, hey Rarity do you mind if I take Spike with me while you work with Adrian? I need some help setting up some things for when Princess Celestia arrives” she politely asked.

“Oh no problem at all dearie! If I do need a little helper then Sweetie Bell can help when she wakes up, now run along you two, I need my space to begin my work while I am in the zone!” she said as she continued to set up her work station.

“Alright, I will see you later then Adrian! Come on Spike, lets get going” she said as she walked out the door with Spike right behind. I went over and closed the door for them before I stood back where I was and began to look around. I saw plenty of outfits of all shapes and sizes and colors, both hanging and on mannequins, or I suppose in this case ponnequins. I was not paying attention before I heard Rarity start coughing and I snapped back around.

“Alright darling, now since I have never worked with your body shape before I am going to have to take extreme measurements all around your body to make sure I get everything right but I do not think I will have too much trouble. Now stand with your legs apart a bit and hold your arms out” she said and I moved in accordance to her instructions “Perfect! Now hold still while I measure” she told me as she used her magic to hold a notebook and quill while using her hoofs with a measuring tape to tape and measure me before writing it down.

After about four or five minutes of measuring and remeasuring she told me to relax while she held up different colored sheets up to me, probably to decide which color would suit me best against my fair white skin and white hair, yeah my family trait is our natural white hair which also might explain why my last name is Frost but I am not complaining. Finally it seems like she has a few colors picked out and she told me to sit down until she needs to me try out a few pieces to see if it fits and whatnot.

As I sat I watched her work her magic, literally and figuratively and I truly believed that she could make me an entire wardrobe full of clothing within a day if she wanted. It was really amazing to watch as the pieces of cloth just melted together with every stitch, I feel like whatever she will make for me will blow my mind. I just sat back and continued to watch her, mainly as a way to pass the time though since she had no books or magazines or even Derpys morning paper.

Thankfully I did not die of boredom for long because I soon heard a cute yawn and down the steps came Sweetie Bell with a bit of a bed head look, or maybe its bed mane? Anyway she did not seem to notice me as she went straight to Rarity with tired looking eyes “Hey big sis, can you make me some breakfast? I'm kinda hungry” she sleepily said.

“Sorry dear but I am currently working on something very important right now. Adrian, be a dear and can you help Sweetie Bell out please” she asked without even looking up from her work. As for Sweetie Bell her eyes shot open and she jumped/turned to look at me before a huge and adorable smile adorned her face and then she zipped across the room and jumped into my lap and began to bounce up and down.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Adrian! What are you doing here?! I'm so happy to see you again!” she very happily said as she continued to bounce in my lap.

I chuckled at the sweet little filly “I'm here to get a new outfit so I can look presentable for Princess Celestia when she visits later today to meet me” I explained to her.

“WHAT?! Princess Celestia is coming here today?! That is amazing!” she excitingly claimed and began to just vibrate her entire body while bouncing, I'm not sure if that is magic or just her but I gently put my hands on her upper body to try and keep her still in order to calm her down a bit.

“Yes, yes now take a breath before you vibrate yourself into the future!” I jokingly said but she took my words well and I saw her take a couple of deep breaths and eventually she stopped shaking and instead of bouncing she did a little dance instead. “There we go, so I am guessing you slept well?” I asked.

She nodded her head “I sure did! I had a fun dream where me and the crusaders were having fun playing with you! But we all had super powers, like flight or eye beams and cool things like that!” she said with a silly grin. I chuckled at this and I reached up and scratched her ear which made her stop dancing and she sat in my lap with a happy smile and pushed her head into my hand to get a better feel.

“That's good, I could tell cause you still have a bit of bed mane hairdo” I said but it made her lift her hooves into her mane to try and hide it and she blushed a bit, she is far too adorable for her own good. So I lifted her up so we were face to face “I think it looks cute on you” I said before I brought her in for a hug and played with her mane a bit with my hand. I could tell she blushed a bit more cause I could feel the heat of her cheeks but soon it went away and wrapped her hoofs around my neck and hugged me back and giggled a bit when I played with her mane.

“Awwwww, how adorable you two are!” Rarity said as she stopped working for a moment and looked up at us with her front hoofs folded under by her face and she giggled with a huge smile. The two of us blushed a bit and she dropped back down to my lap and faced her sister and huffed. I laughed a bit at this and I reached down to scratch her ear again and although I could not see it, I felt her smile again.

“I thought you were 'In The Zone' as it were Rarity?” I jokingly asked with emphasis on the 'In The Zone” part.

“Oh I am darling, I am. But that does not mean I cannot enjoy the cuteness between you two” she said as she gave one more giggle before returning to work. I think Sweetie Bell was enjoying my work too much to hear her sister, which was probably for the best.

“Hey Sweetie, wanna play a game while we wait for Rarity?” I asked but before she could answer I heard her little belly rumble and she groaned in reply “Or how about some breakfast first then we go and play?” I offered and she leaned her head back and flashed me a smile and nodded vigorously. So I scooped her up and while I stood up I placed her on top of my head or 'her spot' and we began our walk to the kitchen.

“So, what do you wanna eat?” I asked my cute, bouncing passenger.

“Oh! Oh! How about Prench Toast with some hay bacon!” she told me with a cheerful tone. Prench Toast? Oh man, that is a good one. I love the word play, it is almost too ridiculous but for now I'm gonna roll with it while I figure out what the hay is hay bacon.

“Alright, lets get to it then!” I exclaimed as I began the walk to the kitchen.

Author's Note:

Hello all! Here is the next chapter for The Human And The Well! Not much this chapter but still good! So he wakes up, Twilight and Adrian discuss last night, DERPY!, walk to Raritys, Adrian and Spike finally meet, Rarity tapes and measures, and finally Adrian and Sweetie Bell meet back up and fun ensues!

Oh and I have read a few different stories that do call French Toast, Prench Toast and I loved it so I did it too! So, what will happen next time? Stay tuned and find out!

Enjoy!!!

PreviousChapters Next