• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 23,503 Views, 708 Comments

The Human And The Well - Zandar13



Just a normal day for our human Adrian when his curiosity leads him astray to a shimmering well. After falling into the well he finds himself in another world filled with strange multicolored ponies! What shall he do next?

  • ...
77
 708
 23,503

PreviousChapters Next
A Humans View On Flying And The Chaos Inside

---------- 5 Days Later ----------

So things have progressed very slowly after that first day but I would not say any time was wasted because even though we were not finding any relevant information we did find plenty of information and when we combined that knowledge together we had a good understanding on the Alpha Timberwolf situation. Basically the Alpha is both a title and a birthright, which is confusing but after all the reading we did it made sense in the long run and I blamed magic once more.

For the title, it is possible for another timberwolf to challenge and, if they are lucky, kill the Alpha and once they do so the Alpha Soul will inhabit the victor and will become the new Alpha. But if the Alpha is to breed and produce offspring then one of the children will inherit the Alpha Soul and grow up stronger and wiser then either the previous Alpha or offspring. So no matter what the next Alpha will always be stronger and smarter then the last and from the recordings we found in a journal it is almost impossible to see a timberwolf kill an Alpha since they are so naturally strong.

Though we did not find anything explaining why a non-timberwolf was able to possess the power of the Alpha, we figured that the green wolf image I saw was most likely the Alpha Soul coming into me. Since I was the new Alpha in a way we also guessed that is why Artemis felt at ease with me though the details on that is still fuzzy. Another thing is might explain is the reason why my one eye changed and I felt stronger and was assumed to be smarter, sometimes I felt smarter and other times I felt normal so I can't really tell.

As for my other eye changing, hair length, and my new magical self we could not find anything useful or assuring other than theories and guess work. Some of those guesses was my body changed when I somehow entered this world and that is how I gained the power of magic inside. We also guessed that I did have some sort of magical backlash, like we discussed on the first day, because I probably overused my magic the first time I really summoned it. So that and combining it with coming into possession with the Alpha Soul sent my body into shock and I transformed to fit the new magical properties swirling withing me.

At least that is our best guess work and throughout the week Princess Cadence enlisted the help of several scholars from the Crystal Empire to help us out with our research, I originally protested against the idea since I did not like the idea of her diverting their important studies to help me out but she simply shushed me and squeezed me like a stuffed toy and made a face which I could not help but fall victim to. So after three more times of this I finally conceded and allowed them to help and when I did I got a thank you hug from Cadence and a random hug from Pinkie who felt left out, of course.

Of course I was always keeping myself busy as well since I could not put down that crimson book that had bonded to me, which I was so happy to hear from Cadence that it was just a simple binding that made me the books owner and that it would never be truly stolen from me unless I was killed. So with no chance of that happening I simply continued reading the book and learned a lot about Dragon Fire and some dragon history.

Another added bonus about successfully learning Dragon Fire was that the magic from it would sit in my body and since it was originally meant to keep a dragons body firm and fit my body slowly started to mold and harden and the little bit of stomach fat that I had slowly disappeared. I didn't get a six pack or anything but now I looked and felt fit and I found my stamina had increased when both Applejack and Rainbow Dash challenged me to a race around the Empire and much to my surprise I won! Though Rainbow was a bit of a sore loser and wanted a re-match but I refused and simply kept on teasing her on how a measly human like me won against the awesome and amazing Rainbow dash, she hit me a couple of times and I thank magic for allowing me to withstand them or else.

The last thing I learned from the book was that while every dragon possessed Dragon Fire, each dragon had a unique aspect gained from their own Dragon Fire like one could engulf their claw in fire and attack that way and the Dragon King Bahamut could form a clone of himself made entirely out of his own Dragon Fire. Would not want to get on his bad side, no sir! When I learned about that I practiced my own fire out to see if I could find my own aspect but with no luck, though I set the curtains on fire twice though. But I did not fret about it since it would probably come in time or great need or something like that.

One last thing I did was I started writing a few letters to Derpy back in Ponyville, mainly telling her I am alright and the research was going well and that I would fully explain when I got back since it was hard to fully detail on paper. The one thing I did not write about was about her kiss since I was still talking it over with Cadence, but thankfully when she wrote back she did not mention it either so that is either a good thing or a bad thing. Ugh. On her end she was telling me that things were pretty normal for her and she was able to get a pay raise and due to my contact with her a few of the ponies have started talking to her.

That being said it was mainly questions about me and what not but it was still good for her to be communicating with the others and it shows them she is normal. But back to now I suppose, today is the fifth day and when we stopped for lunch Cadence, Twilight, and the scholars talked things over and informed us that there were no other books that would be able to help us out. So after some debate it was decided that we return to Ponyville for now and try later at the Royal Canterlot Library. Twilight tried to get us to go immediately but I convinced her that we needed a break and that I would not be fair for the others to just jump in.

She agreed and even said it was foolish since the proper thing to do would be to inform Celestia in advance and wait for the perfect time to go. So with that all in mind we thought about returning home but Cadence suggested that we wait a day and just relax instead of going from one thing to another and to that we all agreed on. Which leads us to now with me sitting in the library and reading over Derpys latest letter to me which I had gotten only this morning.

“and then the barrel exploded and out came the CMC while posing! After that the whole town clapped and applauded them! It was amazing to see and they said that this was only a practice run and the real thing would be for you when you get back. Oh, um, I mean for when you all get back, yeah. Well that is all for now, I gotta get to work now. I am so happy that I got that pay raise, though the slightly longer hours is a bit rough but I am so grateful and want to prove to Mr. Tail that I can do it. I hope that you find what your looking for and know that we all miss you here in Ponyville, I hope to see you soon. Love From Derpy”

I could barely read what the heavily scratched out word said but after seeing the letters lo I am guessing she wrote love then changed it to from. I couldn't help but smile at this and chuckled a bit. “OH! A love letter?! Lucky you!' Cadence suddenly said behind me. I launched from my seat and flipped over the table and roughly landed on the ground and groaned but slowly I leaned up and rubbed the sore spot. “Whoopsies?” Cadence sheepishly said.

“Holy cow you gave me a heart attack! Didn't your mother teach you it is not polite to read over anothers shoulder?” I asked her.

“Well of course she did! But what fun is that though? Besides, it's the best way to find out juicy information about you” Cadence said as she slowly walked towards me with a predatory look on her face.

“Ca-Cadence? Wh-what are you?” I briefly asked before I saw her leap at me and pounced, bringing me back down to the ground but now with her hugging her caught prey. “This is the seventh time today”

“And you still don't learn” Cadence proudly stated as she snuggled with me more “Besides, your gonna leave me tomorrow. So I need to get in as many hugs and snuggles as I possibly can!” she boldly declared as she squeezed me more.

“I come to a new world and I am reduced to being a stuffed animal. Oh the joy of being me” I said in a very sarcastic tone.

“Now, now. Someone as cute and cuddly as you has no room for sarcasm mister” she said as she bopped my nose with her hoof. “Besides, I wanted to talk to you anyway. Do you know what you are going to do and say to her when you get back?” Cadence seriously asked.

“Not really but no matter what I need to talk to her as soon as I get back. It is only fair to her. I think I am just going to be honest with my feelings and tell her how I feel about.....well everything I suppose” I let out a sigh “I don't want to hurt her but in this situation I want to be honest with her”

I lied there on my back and without knowing it I had started petting Cadences mane while I chewed on my lower lip and thought about it. “Do you have any advice?” I asked her. At first I did not get an answer, so I looked down and I saw her lying still on my chest with a huge smile on her face with her eyes closed with me petting her. Geez, sometimes it feels like I am dealing with a walking, talking puppy or something. Though me having a supernatural wolf pup made out of wood as my actual pet kinda compliments that.

“I think you have the right idea about this, it is always best to be honest and with her it is better to have her know your thoughts and feeling about any sort of relationship. It may hurt but in the long run it is better for her to know why. I suppose my only advice would be in a nice setting and break it to her slowly” Cadence quietly told me while she rested on my chest.

“I suppose I will have to believe that is best, after all you are the Princess Of Love after all” I jokingly said. I felt her head move and when I looked down her cheeks were puffed out and she had an irritated look in her eyes and I could only laugh. I brought my arms up around her and this time I initiated the hug “I am going to miss you Cadence”

“I am going to miss you too, I wish you could stay. But that would be too greedy of me to ask” Cadence tenderly said to me as she snuggled up with me in my arms. “Who am I going to hug and squeeze when you are gone?”

“Well, you could always hug and squeeze your husband?” I asked and somewhat hinted.

“Nah, he is no fun with mushy and gushy stuff like this. I love him for being serious but kind hearted. Just wish he was a little more cutesy though” Cadence somberly said.

“Well, guess you will just have to make a body pillow in my likeness and use that then!” I very jokingly said and laughed at but I suddenly saw her stand up and gasped out loud.

“That is brilliant! I COULD DO THAT! I gotta go!” Cadence loudly said before she zoomed off into the distance. Oh dear, what have I done? A small shiver went up my spine at the thought of her in bed with her husband but with her hugging a body pillow with my likeness. I think I could feel the rage just oozing off of Shining if that ever happened.

---------- Meanwhile, elsewhere in the castle ----------

“Whoa, that was weird. It feels like something disturbing is about to happen. Oh sweet Faust what is Cadence about to do with that human now?!” Shining Armor said to himself as he pushed himself away from his desk full of paperwork and went to search for his wife.

---------- Castle Library ----------

Anyway, shaking that thought away I finally pulled myself up and nicely put the letter back into the envelop and tucked it away in my bag I had left on the seat. After placing the messenger bag shoulder strap on I began to walk to the entrance of the castle, guess now would be the best time to go and explore before I get dragged into something else.

Suddenly I was bowled over by a cyan mass and I found myself looking up at the crystal ceiling once more but this time I saw a rainbow colored mane in my view “ADRIAN! There you are! Quickly! I need you to come with me!” Rainbow urgently said to me. I totally called it by the way, can't go three steps without being dragged into something. But before I could answer her she had my shirt in her teeth and in one swift motion brought me to my feet and began dragging me to the front.

I finally caught up to my feet and followed her on my own accord as we headed out front, but I was worried at the fact that Rainbow had a serious look on her face. That did not bod well with me and so I picked up the pace a little, a fact that Rainbow seemed to appreciate and before I knew it I was standing outside but not before I caught a face full of purple magic. I shook my head to get my senses back and before I could ask what the heck was going on I felt my body start to lift.

“There, he is good to go! Now hurry Rainbow!” Twilight said in a rushed and worried tone. Once again before I could ask I felt two pairs of hooves quickly sliding under my arms and before I could blink twice I found myself flying through the air and the wind rushing by. I could not speak due to the fact that the wind speed was blowing the sky into my face, cause this is what it feels like to be in a wind tunnel. But instead of having my feet on the ground and surrounded by matting I was now X feet in the air and only by a pair of hooves was I not falling.

Withing a matter of minutes I soon saw we were heading towards a large grouping of clouds and I saw Rainbow sharply turn up to avoid the wall of clouds, but the moment she broke through to the top I was in awe at the brief city in clouds I saw. I wanted that brief moment to last a bit longer so I could take a proper view around but all too soon I felt my body take a nose dive and I began to twist and turn around buildings and objects that all seemed to be made of clouds and after another brief flash of white we finally stopped.

When my eyes caught up with me I looked in front of me and saw a decent sized house sitting there but the moment I thought we were done moving I felt Rainbows hooves remove themselves and I began to fall. OH NO NO NO NO! WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT?!?! IS SHE TRYING TO KILL ME! RAINBOW DASH IS FREAKING NUTS! I began to scream at the top of my lungs but very much to my surprise the moment my body hit the clouds I instantly stopped moving and my screaming was being muffled by the soft material that I was sinking into.

After a few moments of screaming I stopped but I used my hands to move around and feel the...... cloud ground? I felt like I was on a big cloud bed and when I pushed my hands down I felt it push back and I leaned up. I began my investigation and saw that I was indeed on top of a cloud but I did not fall. My eyes were still in shock though and my whole body was tensed up but as I got to my knees I started to calm down. “Dude! What are you doing on the ground?! We gotta hurry up!” Rainbow yelled.

The moment she spoke I let out a small scream and I jumped away, only to land on some more solid clouds but I was freaked out again and I was slightly angry so I turned my head to Rainbow “WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING?!” I very loudly yelled at her “I thought I was gonna DIE!”

“Why would do die on clouds?” Rainbow confusingly asked.

“What do you mean why would I? Clouds don't normally hold people! Clouds don't hold anything! I thought I was gonna fall to the ground!” I exclaimed as I took deep breaths to try and calm myself.

The realization finally dawned on Rainbow before she landed on the ground and looked at the ground in shame “I.......I'm sorry Adrian. I didn't think” Rainbow briefly said before going quiet. We both sat there in silence as I tried to catch my breath.

“What in the hay is going on out here?!” a loud female voice called out and from the house in front of us came flying out a yellow furred pegasus with a two toned fiery mane. Her eyes were looking us over before she seemed to calm down “Rainbow Dash? What are you doing here?” she asked.

This seemed to snap Rainbow out of it “Spitfire! I came as soon as I got your letter!” she said.

This seemed to make the yellow one, Spitfire, even more confused “That's good and all that the mail system works but that doesn't answer why you are here” she said.

“What do you mean?! You said that Fleetfoot was not feeling well due to not knowing about Adrian and that you would have to reschedule your air show! So I came here with Adrian as soon as I could so you didn't have to reschedule!” Rainbow said in a worried tone.

I saw Spitfire facepalm, I guess hoofplam I this case, her face “Rainbow, I am happy that you always put us first and all but this was nothing to worry yourself over. It is just a little funk she is dealing with is al- WAIT! Did you say you brought the guy called Adrian up?” Spitfire said in a surprised voice.

“Sure did! He is right here!” Rainbow pointed at me and I weakly waved up at her as I tried to stand up. Spitfire flew up a little closer to me and examined me head to toe before she threw on a little smirk.

“First time standing on cloud boy?” she asked me.

“He he he, how could you tell?” I nervously said “I just wish I was warned a little first though or else I wouldn't of yelled out like that. Sorry about that by the way”

“No worries, the first time is always scary for non-pegasi. So, what are you? If you don't mind me asking” Spitfire asked.

“Oh, I am a human being from another world. Name is Adrian Frost, nice to meet you” I said and once I finally had a firm footing I placed my hand out for a shake which she did.

“Pleasure is all mine, names Spitfire and I am the captain of the Wonderbolts. Heard a little about you ever since you rescued Fleetfoot in the Everfree. And it wasn't my intention to have Rainbow bring you up here but I guess since you are here now could I ask you for a favor?” she asked me.

“Sure, go ahead” I replied back with.

“As you just heard a little bit ago, Fleetfoot has been feeling a little down lately since she has not heard anything about you other than you are alive. So I am wondering if you wouldn't mind going inside her house here and talking to her?” she requested.

Darn it, I knew I should of asked about her sooner. Now I feel bad that I was worrying her this whole time “I would not mind at all, in fact I was wanting to get in contact with her to let her know I was alright. So where is her room then?” I asked her.

“Just go inside and go up the only stairs and her room is the third door on the left. Knock first though, just in case. Good luck” she told me then she added a kind smile.

Right before I turned to leave I quickly looked back at Rainbow “Remind me that me and you need to have a little chat about flying before we leave” I told her before I left and behind me I heard the two of started talking about air speed and dynamics for stunts. Guess it is for Wonderbolt stuff but never mind that for now, I found the stairs and counted the doors before finding the third on the left. Taking a deep breath I slowly raised my hand and knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” a voice quietly called out.

“It's me, Adrian. I just wan-” I began to say before the door flew open and I was staring at Fleetfoot who was staring back at me with an open jaw and wide eyes.

“It's you.......i-it's really you” she sputtered out.

“Yep, though I guess I look a little different then when we first met though” I let out a dry laugh “I just dropped on by to make sure you were ok. I wanted to stop by earlier but I got swept up in some things and lost track of time. Sorry to worry you Fleetfoot” I told her as I got down on one knee.

I heard her sniffle for a second or two before she used her hoof to wipe them away and she replaced them with a smile “I'm so glad that your ok. I was really scared when we came back and we found you bleeding and unconscious. But knowing that your well puts me at ease, but I also wanted to tell you one important thing” she said.

“What's that?” I asked.

“I just wanted to say thank you so much for saving a stranger like me and for sacrificing yourself to save me. Especially how I yelled out that you were a monster and all” she bashfully admitted.

“Don't worry, I knew that you were just scared and you are very welcome. I couldn't just leave someone in trouble and if I hadn't who knows what would of happened” I explained to her with a smile

She smiled back and told me to wait a moment before she went back to her room and did some digging around before she came back with a piece of paper “Here, this is my address and know that if you ever show up to see a Wonderbolt show that you will always be considered a VIP and have a free ticket. But write to me first so I can be sure to set it up, just in case I forget” Fleetfoot said to me.

“Oh wow! A-are you sure? I mean I am honored and I thank you so much for it but are you sure? I mean VIP and free tickets?” I asked her.

“It's the least I can do for you, without you I might not be here and doing the thing I love most. Without you my family, friends, and fans would be crying over me. So thank you again so much” she happily said.

Now this time I felt my eyes start to water so I took a moment to let out a few little sniffles before cleaning myself up, but when I was I felt a hoof rest itself on my lower knee and when I looked I saw Fleetfoot there smiling at me with a few more tears in her eyes as well and I smiled back. “So, when is your next show?”

She took a moment to regain her focus “Well our next scheduled performance is tomorrow but its only a small display to help support a local charity. Our next big show is next month in Manehatten. I would wait til then so that way I can blow you away with a big show” she said with a wink and smiled.

“Well I can't wait to see you perform then!” I said back to her.

“I will make sure to make it one of my best performances then! Hehehe. Well you better get going then, the team and I need to get back to practice now that I am feeling better and all pumped up now!” Fleetfoot excitingly said.

“Sure thing, glad to see your all better now. See you soon!” I told her as I stood back up.

“Oh, one last thing. You live in Ponyville right? With Rainbow and Princess Twilight?” she asked. I nodded yes in response “Ok, well you might get to see me sooner since we are passing by there while on our way to Manehatten”

“Can't wait, well til next we meet then!” I said as I waved her goodbye and her in return. On my way down I carefully placed the paper she gave me in my bag which surprisingly stayed on during the fly up. Once I got down and out I saw that Spitfire and Rainbow had not moved since I left and were still talking about aerodynamics and wing speed.

“Ah, there you are! So, everything alright?” Spitfire asked me.

“Yep, she is feeling much better and said she is all pumped up to train now!” I told her.

“That's great to hear, thank you for coming around to cheer her up” Spitfire said to me before she flew up and gave me a quick hug “Means a lot to me what you did”

“Well if you want to thank anyone then I guess you should thank your number one fan for blowing a letter out of proportion” I jested while I looked over in Rainbows direction who sheepishly grinned and rubbed the back of her neck “Fleetfoot told me to wait for your guys big show next month since the next one was a charity event”

“Ah, I see. Well that is for the best since like she said it is just a small event. Wouldn't want our first human fan to see us in a small show now would we” she explained to me with a wink “Well hope to see you then! Thanks again for everything” she finally said as she flew back inside the house and closed the door. When I heard the door click I turned around to face Rainbow who was flying beside me.

“Ready to get going big guy?” she asked.

“Not quite yet, we need to have a quick talk first” I sternly said to her and she did not say anything as she landed back on the surface. “Now I understand why you did it and that was not bad of you but I am upset at the fact that I was not told anything before being scooped up in the air and flown here before being dropped. I really was scared and quite mad at you. Do you understand?” I asked her.

She simply nodded her head while she stared at the ground “Good, now to make it alright I need to punish you. Don't worry, ill make it nice and quick” I told her as I kneeled back down and I saw her flinch the moment I raised my hand. I slowly moved my hand over to her and flexed my fingers, she heard my fingers pop and flinched again. Then I moved my thumb and finger together and flicked her forehead.

“Alright, punishment over” I told her who was still had her eyes tightly shut but slowly opened one eye then the other before looking at me in confusion.

“That was it? Just a head flick?” she asked.

“Yep, that's it” I replied.

“B-b-but you were mad and upset with me! How can that be it?!” she confusingly said.

“Because your my friend Rainbow, and yes I will still be a little upset but that is not enough for me to hate you or anything. You learned your lesson and I gave you your punishment. So, lets get back down to our friends. Though could you be just a little bit slower on the way down?” I asked her.

She stared at me with a blank face for a few moments before she gave me an understanding smile then she flew behind me and picked me up again and down we flew at a more comfortable speed. I never dared to look down though cause I was sure if I did I would freak out or freeze up and neither one would be good for Rainbow so I simply stared up or ahead. “So Rainbow, quick question. How was I able to walk on clouds anyway?”

“Oh that? Twilight cast a spell on you that she used on the rest before that allows you to walk on clouds like a pegasus. Sorry again for.....well you know” Rainbow explained to me.

“Ah, I see. That is a pretty nifty spell to have. Magic really is amazing and I already forgave you” I replied.

“I know, but I just wanted to say it again. I'm used to messing up and going to far with things and I am also used to ponies and such being mad at me, so when you said you forgave me so easily and wasn't really mad at me I was really happy. So thanks big guy, I appreciate it” she told me before she quickly nuzzled my head. The rest of the flight down was quiet and soon enough the ground greeted my feet.

Thankfully as soon as we landed the girls greeted us and asked us what happened. After explaining Rainbows little stunt and overreaction Twilight apologized as well since she went along and did what Rainbow asked and asked me in return for punishment as well. So I did exactly what I did with Rainbow, started with the little talk and flicked her forehead as punishment and amusingly was met with the same reaction. So I hit the repeat button and told her what I said to Rainbow and was met with a smile.

“Phew, well glad that all worked out an all. I would like ta say we ain't got no more surprises for ya but.....” Applejack said.

“But a certain someone decided to pop out of the blue for a visit and one thing led to another and he really wants to meet you. Cadence and Shining are talking to him now and explaining the rules of his visit” Twilight said.

“Who is he?” I asked.

“WHY IT'S ME!” a disembodied voice called out and I looked around and saw no one new and when I turned back around I saw Cadence, Shining, and the girls all hoofpalming. “Whoa! Careful! You might knock me off with all the head spinning!”

I tried to look around again but to no avail and I was about to ask Twilight when a small blurry figure leaned down over my eyes and waved “Hello!” it said and I jumped back in surprise while the thing laughed. It floated in mid air for a moment before its body expanded into a huge......a huge.......I dunno what in the world it is.

His head is kinda horse-like and has a deer antler on the right, a blue goat horn on the left, one long fang, a snake tongue, a goat beard, and white bushy eyebrows. But he has the right arm of a lion, the left claw of an eagle, the right leg of a lizard, and the left leg of a goat. On his back he has a bat's right wing, a Pegasus' left wing, a horse's mane, and a dragon-like snake's tail with a white tail tuft. The shape of his body resembles that of a snake overall with how it is curved.

I felt my face skew into one of utter confusion as I tried to wrap my brain around how he looked and everything else about him. “Now, now! If you make a face like that it might stick and that would not be good” the thing said in a joking tone. I shook my head to clear my thoughts but when I opened my eyes I saw that he was sticking out his eagle clawed hand “My dear fellow, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Discord! A pleasure to meet you”

I looked at his hand before I brought my own up and we shook “Nice to meet you as well, my name is Adrian” I told him.

“Ah, so your the human that Tia has been talking about lately! Honestly I thought she was making you up, guess I was wrong! So is it true? Are you from another world?” he asked.

“Yep, I come from another world called Earth. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you?” I asked him.

“Oh dear me, where are my manners? I, dear fellow, am a draconequus! I am the spirit of chaos and disharmony! But fear not, I may have been bad in the past but thanks to Twilight and her friends I have been reformed!” Discord said with over exaggerated hand movements. “And you my new friend have the talk of the town!”

“Oh? How so?” I asked him.

“Well dear boy from what Princess Cadence informed of me this past week you have been trying to figure out about that mysterious but interesting magic that lies within you. And being such a kind and generous friend I offered my help to the cause, with your permission of course” he explained to me and ended with a bow.

“Well, how exactly do you plan on helping?” I said to him.

“Yes, how exactly do you plan on helping him Discord?” Twilight curiously asked.

“Ah, my dear Twilight, so glad you asked. Well what I want to do is-” he snapped his fingers and a small black swirling ball of magic poofed into his hand “take his small ball of chaos magic and have it examine him from the inside and tell us what exactly his magic is and whatever other spicy information that lies within!” he explained.

“Hmmm, will that hurt him or interfere with his unknown magic?” Twilight cautiously asked.


“Well to be honest Twilight I am not sure, normally my magic won't react to anything else it is other chaos magic. So long as Adrian here does not hold any sort of chaos magic in him already he should be fine” he said.

“I dunno, sounds mighty dangerous if ya ask me” Applejack exclaimed.

“I second that, we have no idea what this could do you Adrian” Cadence worryingly said.

“Hmmm, I agree with them but the choice is up to you Adrian. What do you want to do?” Twilight asked me.

I do agree with them but at the same time this might be the best chance I have to fully figure out what is going on with me and tell us if I am dangerous or not to the others. “I think we should give it a try, but you should have something prepared just in case” I told them. All of them agreed and they made a five foot circle around me and I saw Twilight and Shining conjure up a pink dome around me.

Once it was fully formed and solid Twilight gave Discord the go ahead, a small hole opened in the shield which allowed the small chaos ball to fly in before it closed behind it. The small orb slowly flew to me but stopped right before me and I heard a knock. I looked up and saw Discord giving me a thumbs up or thumbs down so I gave him a thumbs up and he nodded which led to the orb going inside my body and when it did I closed my eyes and held my breath.

Five seconds.....

Ten seconds..........

Fifteen seconds...............

Nothing hurt and I didn't feel anything wrong and when I opened my eyes I saw all of them, including Shining, staring worryingly at me. I let out my held breath and stood up tall “It's alright, I don't feel anything wro-” I started to say before I felt something like a horse kicking me in the chest and I fell to my knees in pain and agony. Inside my body I felt my magic swirling so hard that it was painful then that pain turned into a searing heat inside my body and I cried out in agony.

My mind was going a million miles a second and images flashed before my eyes and the pain in my chest got worse while the heat in my body flared so hot that I thought I smelled burning flesh but in the next moment I saw a small amount of blood eject itself from my mouth in between the screams of agony. All of this combined started to black out my senses and the last thing I remember is a wicked laughter screaming in my head.

---------- Outside the force field ----------

His screams, his blood curdling screams was all I could heard coming from my human friend as I saw his suffer inside my magic shield. My body refused to move and my mind was blank, what should I do? What should I do? WHAT SHOULD I DO? Suddenly I saw him spewing blood from his mouth and the moment he did his body was surrounded by columns of lightning that swirled around him but stopped climbing when it hit my shield. Just as I regained some of my senses I heard something new arise from his body who had just gone silent not two seconds ago. Instead of screams of agony or words I heard the soft cackle of laughter.

The soft cackle soon turned into a full blown maniacal laughter then just as quickly he flung his head up and from his mouth I saw fire erupt into life and blasted into my shield but thankfully due to me and my brothers strong magic it did not crack or break but that did not stop the torrent of flames from enveloping the inside and soon our vision of him was blocked out by fire that we felt outside the bubble.

During this brief pause of events I turned to a visibly stunned and horrified Discord “DISCORD! What did you do?!” I asked him at the top of my voice.

“I-I don't know, I honestly don't know. I have never seen a reaction like this before in my life” he said obviously baffled by this phenomenon.

I turned my head back to the flaming inferno that was trapped inside, what is going on inside? My answer came sooner than I expected for that infernal laughter rose from the depths of the flames as they died out and I saw something that looked like Adrian but there were some slight changes. One of the main things I saw was that his snow white hair had turned almost black, no wait, a very dark blue.

Also over top of his clothing there seemed to be dark flaming armor covering him in certain random places, but the most striking feature was the most subtle and that was the whites of his eyes had definitely turned black while his heterochromia irises remained the same which made them seem more evil than beautiful like before. This time when his laughter ended he roared and out came the flames but mixed into it now was a dark mist and when it slammed into our shield it cracked and I saw the tiniest little ember escape through. This is not good, this is not good at all.

Just as my hopes started to falter I saw Adrian fall to his knees again and began coughing up even more blood but what surprised us next was that every time he coughed up blood his black, flowing hair started to revert back to white and the random assortment of armor faded away into the air but his eyes remained as black as the night. Suddenly his head snapped up to stare at us with malice and hatred yet a twisted grin grew while his breathing became heavy and ragged.

“His nightmares will become your reality” said a dark voice that originated from within the cracked bubble shield and the next instant Adrians head went straight up and an ear splitting screech exploded from Adrian with such force that it completely shattered the bubble shield and from his mouth came the small chaos orb Discord had placed within him but when it floated out it shot into the sky and exploded with a force powerful enough to shatter glass. What came next though was something quite a shocking feeling.

When the explosion died down I felt a cold, dark shiver crawl up my spine and to my right I saw both Discord and Cadence shiver as well and the moment it died down Adrians body slumped down on the ground and into the small pool of blood he had previously coughed up. What just happened? But before I could even think to move a single muscle I saw Cadence instantly run up to Adrian and ignoring the blood she cupped his upper body in her hooves and opened his eyes.

To our relief his eyes returned to normal and his irises beautifully shimmered once more and that is when my legs gave out as well as the rest of us but Cadence still held him and she began to cry over him and much to my confusion she said “What have we done?”

Author's Note:

Hello and welcome back to another chapter of THATW! (The Human And The Well) Well, lots and lots of stuff this time round! More info on Dragon Fire and what it does to the body, a somewhat explained reason on the Alpha Soul, love letters?, body pillows, flying lessons, The Wonderbolts!, Rainbows punishment, Gasp! DISCORD!, some chaos magic, and something dark and looming. Whatever could that last bit mean? What will happen to Adrian? Did Cadence make that body pillow? Stay tuned and find out!

PreviousChapters Next