• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 23,504 Views, 708 Comments

The Human And The Well - Zandar13



Just a normal day for our human Adrian when his curiosity leads him astray to a shimmering well. After falling into the well he finds himself in another world filled with strange multicolored ponies! What shall he do next?

  • ...
77
 708
 23,504

PreviousChapters Next
Does This Impress You, Human?

Back onto the streets of Manehatten we go! Although, I am not sure how much more we should explore since it is was only a couple of hours till seven and I don’t know how long it will take to get there. So I decided to ask somepony and after almost tripping over themselves, they told us to take this street all the way down then take a left for about a block then a right and we should be there. I thanked them and we started walking.

“Hmmmmm…...” I said out loud.

“-What is it Master?-” Devi asked.

“Just thinking about Spitfire and what is going to happen tonight, makes me a little worried” I replied.

“Worried about what boss?” Cloudhoof asked this time.

“I just hope we won’t be overstepping our boundaries like this, even if it is for a good cause. Since we already made a deal that more or less works out for all of them, doing this feels like we are biting back the hand that feeds us” I explained.

“Trixie feels this is most right! We shall be doing something against this treachery! Serves him right after what happened with my cart, the lowlife scoundrel” Trixie said.

“That and I feel that we should put a little bit of trust in her boss, she is the captain of the Wonderbolts. She is smart and will no doubt put on a good show, both for us and the city of Manehatten” Barnes said to me as she glided right next to me, who used her wing feathers to play with Maelstrom on my head for a second.

“I suppose, it still makes me feel nervous though” I told her as I glided around a group of tourist ponies who were not paying attention.

Before anyone else could talk, I felt Maelstrom crawl on my head a bit before popping her head down to look me in the eyes “Papa! Papa! Something smells good! Smells super yummy!” she happily exclaimed.

Taking a peak around, I saw that up and to the right was a small candy shop with a cotton candy machine out front, going to work for a small crowd of little colts and fillies.

“Excellent idea Maelstrom! A little tasty snack is the perfect distraction. Good job” I said with a smile as I grabbed her and gave her a few little kisses all over her face, earning me a cute set of giggles.

“Mae happy! Mae happy!” she yelled out loud as she continued to giggle.

“Wow, I don’t actually remember when I last had cotton candy” Cloudhoof said.

“Yeah, me neither” Barnes said.

“I had some in Ponyville, well more like shoved down my throat by that hyper ball of pink called Pinkie Pie” Trixie scoffed.

“-We have never had this substance, is it good?-” Devia asked in one voice.

“Lets find out! Come on gang!” I told them and I got a happy howl from Artemis, which made most of the group laugh. So we made a beeline over there and almost got swarmed by this new batch of curious little ones who stared at me with huge eyes. I laughed a little and decided to get it over with and said “Hello everypony, my name is Adrian and I am a human being. Yes, I know I am very tall and I have a very different set of eyes”

At this they all began to gossip among themselves until a filly and colt pair stepped forward, with the colt saying “Can…. Can we ask you a question, sir?”

I decided to bend down on one knee so I would not be quite as imposing in order to answer with “Of course! Ask away!”

The pair exchanged happy looks before the colt stepped forward a little more “Can you lift us all up into the air!?!” he practically shouted with glee. At this I turned my head towards the group and they all had the cutest expectation faces on and I could just feel my inner self groan.

But I smiled anyway and I held out my open hands “Hop on” I barely said before I felt those first two flop into my hands, giggling away.

And so that is how the next ten minutes or so went by and I had actually started to draw a crowd of ponies who smiled and laughed at the children having fun. Thankfully their parents slowing picked them off, one by one and I finally got down to the last filly who was as cute as a button. Since she was last one, I gave a couple of small tosses into the air, to which she begged for more and more.

Feeling a little cheeky, I tucked her into the crook of arm and told both her and Maelstrom to hold on tight. When I felt them both do so, I put a little extra oomph into my jump and soared into the air! Hitting our peak, I switched my magic on and began to float in the air, taking in the sight of the city with the sun behind us.

“Wooooooowwww” both girls said in awe as they both gazed on the sight. After ten seconds or so, I slowly descended and twirled until we safely hit the ground. I then felt the filly tightly hug my arm, looking down, I caught her eyes as she look up at me with a huge smile on her face.

“Thank you so, so, so, so, so, SO much mister Adrian! That was the best thing ever! Your really nice” she said to me before nuzzling my arm a bit more. Both of those things combined made me blush a little, but I had a grin on my face all the same and I reached up with my other arm and gave her ear a few scratches.

I had to re-catch her though since the ear scratches was a too much and she went fully limp with a blissful look on her face, though when I went to ask if she was alright, I saw that she had fallen asleep. The owner of the shop came out from behind the cotton candy machine with a smile of his own “Well, would you look at that. It usually takes her all day to be the least bit sleepy and yet here she is, snoozing away”

“Ha ha, yeah. I take it your her father?” I asked the stallion.

“Sure am! Cotton Jim is the name, and this is my daughter Fairy Floss! Blame her mother for the name, she certainly loved our old fairy tales and wanted to make sure that was passed down the line” he introduced.

“Nice to meet you Cotton, Adrian Frost is my name” I said before sticking out my free hand, giving him a firm handshake.

“Pleasure is all mine, and I need to thank you for looking out for my daughter. And for putting on a little show! Business boomed when you were playing with all those kids! If it had gone on for a little longer, I would have need to grab a second batch from the back! Ha ha!” Cotton happily said.

“Glad to have helped. And since you have some left, do you mind if my group has some? That was what we originally came over here for anyway” I explained with a bit of a laugh.

“But of course! And it is on the house! As payment for the boom and for playing with Fairy” he told us before getting right to work, making one for the six of us. I don’t know how he did it, but we all got a different colored snack! Mine was purple and the others got green, blue, orange, yellow, and pink! We all took a bite and got a round of Mmmmms. I won’t tell him but secretly, Pinkies are betters but this are still very good.

“So, I take it you like it Devia?” I asked them.

“-Affirmative, our dear Master! This is quite a wonderful creation! And quite tasty as well!-” Deva replied.

“Oh, so good!” Cloudhoof said to himself as he stuffed his face and got the sugary fluff all over his muzzle.

“HA! Glad you all like it! Say, Adrian. Do ya mind if I advertise my cotton candy as being ‘human approved’?” he asked me.

“Hmmm. I guess I don’t really see the harm, but why?” I asked in return.

“It would make for excellent business! Cause I am guessing not many ponies know what a human is, so they will come to ask and that draws them in! Once they hear that another species likes it, they will get curious and would be almost inclined to buy one! And BOOM! Here come the bits!” he explained with a hearty chuckle. “But I wanted to make sure you were ok with this first”

“I see, well thank you for asking. And you have my blessing, I hope you can continue to make an income and keep a roof over this ones head” I said as I gestured with my head towards Fairy Floss.

“I will see to it! And where are ya heading off to now?” he asked as I gently handed over the filly.

“We are going to go see the Wonderbolts show in The Square tonight. I wanted to get there a little early since I don’t know how the line is going to be or how far the walk might take us” I told him.

“Oh wow! You were able to actually get tickets?! I tried to but by the time I was able to ask about it, they were sold out. Can’t really say I was shocked, and I can always try next time” he said with shrug. “Now off ya go, I would hate for you to be late cause of us”

“Alright, see you around Cotton and tell Fairy when she-” I started to say when I heard a cute little yawn interrupt us. Looking down, I saw Fairy rub her eyes as she looked up at me.

“Goodbye Mister Adrian, I had lots of fun playing with you and all the others today” she sleepily said with a smile.

“Goodbye Fairy Floss, it was nice to meet you” I said as I stuck my hand out to her, to which she gently nuzzled it for a second before almost falling right back to sleep. Everyone had a little laugh at her cuteness.

So we waved goodbye and made our way down the street, some of us slowly eating our cotton candy while some others, gobbled them down. But everyone was having fun and talking amongst themselves as I lead us in the direction that one pony told us. And here comes our left, I think.

Well, if need be, I could have Barnes fly up to find The Square and go from there.

Or if I just wait five seconds, we can literally see it! Wow!

“Wow! Look at that!” I said while I pointed. My group stopped in their tracks and looked over, I thought Cloudhoof was gonna drop his cotton candy from how slack-jawed he was.

It wasn’t quite as tall as most of the surrounding buildings, but it certainly made up for it by being wide. I would probably say it was at least two, maybe even three football fields wide! It’s outer walls were certainly shaped like a square but they were layered cubes, smaller at the bottom then it opened up at the top! I wonder if they can close the roof?

And upon closer inspection, I saw a lighted pathway with pillars leading to the front entrance and the pillar tops had levitating cubes that sometimes spun around in different directions. That was pretty freaking neat! But boy, they really took the square thing seriously when I took a look at the ground work and saw the sidewalks, grass cuttings, bushes, tree leaves, and other miscellaneous things were square shaped or cut. Guess it is not called The Square for nothing, huh?

“Whoa...” I heard Maelstrom say as she leaned forward on my head.

“Yeah? You like it Maelstrom?” I asked her.

“Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!” she replied with a bounce or two. I chuckled at her reaction.

“Gotta agree with the little one, it is massively impressive boss” Barnes said before she physically closed Cloudhoofs now drooling jaw.

“This is amazing! I wonder who designed it like that! And the floating pillar boxes! That is so cool!” he quickly told us before flying over to one, checking it out from every angle.

“Yes, even I, the great and infallible Trixie, do have to admit this is an impressive stage. One I will be on one day! Mark my words!” said Trixie, who then swooshed her cape and tilted her hat in a pose.

“-Hmmm. We do not fully understand the design choice-” Devi simply stated.

“How so?” I asked in return.

“-We think it would be more practical and more spacious to have down a circle or oval design to accommodate large masses. A square shaped field of seating greatly limits the view-” Devi explained.

“Hmmm, good point. Well, maybe on the inside it is?” I suggested.

“-We hope so master, but the overall design of this area would suggest otherwise. But we shall wait and see then-” Devi finished up.

“Well you shall not be waiting long then, with your impeccable timing!” said a familiar voice. Turning around, I saw that it was the mayor with my group behind him. “I must admit, I did not expect to see you so soon already! I thought you might have been touring my grand city still!”

“I can understand that feeling, but I also did not want to be late and since I am new to these parts, figured it would be better to be a little early than a little late” I explained.

“Ah, I knew you were always a smart lad! Well, we are all heading in to our seats. Join us whenever you are ready! Oh! Here” the mayor dug into his satchel and pulled out a few tickets for us. “These will get you in and lead you to our area. See you at the show!” the mayor said before walking off, with Hatten in tow.

“Oh this is going to be good!”

“I can’t wait to see the Wonderbolts!”

“I wanna try some stadium food!”

“D-d-do you think we could get autographs later?”

“Once I get some bits, I am buying one of everything Wonderbolt!”

“Mister Adrian! Mister Adrian! Thank you!”

“Yes! Thank you! Thank you so much!”

“Yay Wonderbolts!”

One by one, my group walked past me and into The Square, saying those things and more. It brought a small smile to my face, seeing them all happy and hopeful. Like normal ponies should be. After taking a moment to myself, I saw that the sun was very slowly starting to set and decided that we should all get going.

Walking up, I noticed that there was a bit of a line on one side but a practically empty line on the other. Then I noticed a small sign saying ‘V.I.P’, I took a look at our tickets and happily saw that in big, bold letters the same thing printed on the back. So we casually strolled past the flabbergasted looking ponies who stared up at me while heading up to the gate. Once we arrived at the guard pony, I presented him our tickets.

“Is this part of the mayors group as well?” He sternly asked us.

“Yes sir” I replied.

“Well, VIP or not, you will have to leave that outside. No pets allowed inside” he said while pointing to Artemis who growled a little.

“Oh? Shoot, um, well. Just…. Just give me a moment then” I said before walking to the side. Oh man, I kinda got used to everyone else letting it slide. But now what? I can’t just leash her to a pole or something! Think! Think Adrian! Think! Gah! I smacked my bag a little by accident.

Wait! My bag! My very roomy bag! Taking a look behind me to make sure the guard pony was not looking our way, I bent down as far as I could and I opened my bag all the way open.

“Alright Artemis, I know this might be a little weird but for now you need to hide inside my bag ok? Don’t worry, there is plenty of room. Can you do this for me?” I asked the little huntress who was more than happy to oblige. She spun around in few circles first before leaping towards the bag and whoosh! She was gone! I waited a few seconds before I tilted the bag up to look inside.

I was greeted with a big lick to my nose as Artemis’s head poked back out and happily looked around. Everyone had a laugh with that but after I recovered from the licking, I gently placed the bag cover over her head and gently shushed her. We then walked back to the guard pony who took notice that Artemis was ‘gone’.

“Alright, with that settled you all can head on in but I warn you all, no magic, flying, or any other disturbance is allowed to interfere with the Wonderbolts show. If anything is detected, you shall be thrown out. This is your one and only warning. Is this perfectly understood?” he sternly asked us.

“Crystal clear” I replied, which everyone else nodded to.

“Alright then, head on inside and enjoy the show. Just follow the purple VIP signs to your seats, any other questions can be handled by the guard ponies inside” he said. We thanked him and walked inside, before running smack dab into an ocean of ponies. There lines upon lines formed for all sorts of Wonderbolt merchandise, food, drinks, snacks, and anything else you can imagine.

“Hey boss, where were we suppose to meet back up with Spitfire?” Cloudhoof asked me.

“Now that is a good question, a very good question indeed” I replied, half to myself as I looked around. “Well, we still have plenty of time. So lets wander a bit and see if we can find the backstage area or something”

With that in mind, I thought I might have to dance and weave around everypony but the moment I took my first step into the main hall, it went dead silent as they all and I mean, ALL of them stared at me. Oh boy, I could feel a bead of sweat travel down my face and I felt like I was on stage with a big, blaring spotlight on me. So I nervously stuck my hand up to wave and nervously said “H-hello everypony”

Welp, suffice to say, I now had a line of my very own as I got swarmed with curious ponies who all began asking a million questions a second. I put my hands up to try and quiet them down and it mostly worked, sort of. “I can only answer one at a time, so let me answer some of the more obvious questions. My name is Adrian Frost. As you can see, I am not a pony. I am a human being and I am not of this world. I came here to your world via an unknown magic portal. I am twenty-two years old and yes, I am very tall and very odd looking”

Wow, that quieted them down quite a bit. Then I heard a stallion ask “So, are there more humans in Equestria then? Or are you the only one?”

“I believe myself to be the only living human in Equestria, possibly all of Equus” I explained.

“So, your all alone?” a random mare asked, which made a few others gasp in realization.

“Yes and no, during my time here so far I have made many new and wonderful friends. From ponies, to gryphons, a dragon, and even the Princesses! So while I may be the only human, I am never alone” I explained. I felt a little lighter after saying that for some reason.

“Wait! You have befriended a Princess?!” said another stallion.

“All four in fact!” I said. One more so than the others, but they don’t really need to know that. Heh.

“Wow! You must be really popular then!” said a different stallion.

“Yeah, well it is quite easy to catch all the attention when you look like me” I said with a laugh and that got all of them to chuckle along with me.

“Well, you certainly do know how to draw a crowd” another familiar voice said which grabbed everyone's attention. Looking back, I saw that it was Fleetfoot flying there in a casual looking track suit, or something equivalent. “Not to brag about ya, but this big guy saved my life when I crash landed in the Everfree forest a while back. I owe him my Wonderbolts career and my future, the big lug” she said before zooming over to me and giving me a hug.

“WOW! Did you hear that?! He is a hero and friend of the Wonderbolts! He is amazing!” a mare shouted.

“Well, we already know that about you, don’t we boss?” Barnes said with a bit of a smirk before softly nudging my shoulder. I smiled while I rolled my eyes at her which got her to giggle a little.

“Sorry to cut the crowd interview short, but Adrian is wanted backstage pronto” Fleetfoot said as she grabbed my hand and tried to pull me.

“GOODBYE ADRIAN! IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU!” said the entire crowd in unison. Whoa, that was freaky to hear. As we pushed through the crowd, some of the ponies closer to me tried to ask me a few more questions while others offered condolences, congratulations, and many other things.

About five or so minutes later, we finally got to the backstage area where the guard ponies kept the over eager crowd at bay and finally gave us some breathing room. I finally looked over to a smiling Fleetfoot and I jostled her mane a little “Someones a little rumor monger” I said.

She giggled before fixing her mane “Sorry, sorry. I saw an opportunity and I took it. Besides, now you will have excellent credibility with a crowd this big going home and telling everypony else and so on” she told me.

“I suppose so, at least it helped us find out way backstage. I was worried we might not of been able to get back here in the first place” I said.

“Well worry not, we were keeping an eye out for you anyway. But what matters is you are here now and boy, things have been abuzz back here! I haven’t seen the Captain this busy in a long time” she explained.

“So I take it you have been informed on whatever she is planning to do?” I asked.

“Yep and before you ask, Spitfire wants to personally explain it to you. Sorry” she apologetically said.

“No worries, I was kinda expecting to hear it from her anyway” I replied.

“You won’t be waiting long cause we are almost there, just around this corner and-”

“I DON’T CARE! WE HAVE PLENTY OF BITS TO SPARE! JUST DO IT AND BILL ME LATER! NOW MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!”

A stallion in overalls and a hard hat sped right by us while he was raining sweat from his forehead and started to shout things to several other workers, who all went right to work. It almost looked like I had hit the fast-forward button for a TV show by how fast they were all moving. Looking back, we saw a very determined looking Spitfire give us a wave before telling us to come with her. Fearing her wrath, we all speedily followed her orders and in a flash we were standing right next to her.

“Glad you could make it kid! Sorry for the yelling, but you gotta do what ya gotta do to get things done around here” Spitfire explained before taking a big gulp of water from her bottle.

“Heh, I just hope I am never on the receiving end of that yell though” I nervously said.

“Don’t worry, I only use that voice for recruits and for slow workers liKE MR. GIRDER OVER THERE WHO SHOULD BE SETTING UP THE FIREWORKS!” she suddenly yelled and probably caused said stallion to have a mini-heart attack before making a beeline to his own destination.

“Fireworks! Fireworks!” beamed Maelstrom.

“You know what those are sweetie?” I curiously asked my daughter.

“Nope! Heehee!” she said with a cute little giggle before she began to repeat fireworks over and over again.

“Well, cute daughters aside-” Spitfire began to say.

“Gasp! How dare you!” I quickly said with a smirk of my own.

“Oh hush you. Now, the plan is kinda simple but it will strike Mayor Manhatten right to the core. Basically, before we began our show, I am going to do a little presentation of my own and I am going to introduce you big guy as our special guest for this evening. Then either you or me can explain the situation about your group and their current status in this city. We can leave out the behind the scenes stuff so long as the city knows about them”

“Then, we direct all the attention to the Mayor himself and saw that he is doing his utmost best to make sure ALL of them are going to be cared for and treated like any other hard working citizen in his city. Which will force him to do as such, since everypony will be expecting as such. This may sound harsh but ponies love a good sad, drama story so we have to milk it out as best we can”

“We just have to keep the speech about medium length, too short and it will seem like advertisement but too long will lose their attention since they came to see a show. That is the short and sweet of it, so what do ya say kid?” Spitfire said and now all eyes were on me again.

I gave it some thought before I spoke up “I think this will work. Like you said, everyone loves a good sad story and when they hear it is for a good cause they were surely act. And since you are all standing behind me, that will most definitely compel a good majority of them. And I would like to give the speech, I have lead them so far, I want to continue to do so”

“Good choice kid, good choice. All right, now here is how the stage is going to be set up, first you-”

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ 30 Minutes Later -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

“This is going to be an excellent show! Don’t you agree Hatten?” said the Mayor.

“Of course sir, and the revenue from this show will be extraordinary” said Hatten.

“And what about the housing?” the Mayor asked.

“Done and done. If we really wanted to, we could move them in tonight” replied Hatten.

“Ha ha! Good! Good, I knew I could rely on you and your sources. Might not be a bad idea to move them out right away” he took a quick peak to make sure none of them were listening “A few of them are giving off an awful stench. Yuck” he truthfully said with a look of disgust.

“Yes sir, but we must keep up appearances. For now” Hatten said with a hidden smirk.

“Speaking of appearances, where is Adrian? The show should be starting soon” The mayor asked again.

“Hmmm, I do not know. Would you like me to search for him?” Hatten asked in return.

“No, no. You deserve a little break. If he misses any of the action, it is his loss” the mayor said with no remorse.

“LADIES AND GENTLECOLTS! LADIES AND GENTLECOLTS OF ALL AGES! MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!” said the male announcer.

“Oh here we go! Here we go!” said the mayor, almost sounding like an excited child.

“Before we begin tonight’s show, we have a very special message brought to you by our very own Captain of the Wonderbolts! So everypony put your hoofs together for! CAPTAIN SPITFIRE!” the announcer announced before Spitfire zoomed in from an entrance and zipped around audience and did a few loops before landing on the central platform, microphone in hoof.

“Greetings everypony! How are you all doing tonight?!” she asked and she got a roaring reply from every single one. “Oh yeah! That is what I like to hear! Let me hear some more!”

During the audiences second roar, Devia, Trixie, Barnes, and Cloudhoof came into the box and sat in their seats. The mayor saw that Adrian was missing and leaned over to whisper “Where is Adrian?”

“He will around shortly, he had some business to attend to first” Trixie replied before she adjusted herself in her seat and laid her hat in front of her.

“All right! That is what I like to hear! Now, I know your hoofs must be tired already but I need you all to keep it going for a special guest and my personal friend AND the only one of his kind in ALL of Equus! Adrian the human! Bring him out!” Spitfire said and was expecting Fleetfoot and Soaring to be carrying me but she had a surprised look on her face when she saw me flying on my own with the other two right beside me.

I landed right next to her and threw my arms up and was met with thunderous applause, I glanced down and saw Spitfire shaking her head at me with a smile and I ended up laughing “Sorry, forget to tell you that I can kinda fly now”

“You never cease to amaze me kid” she said before handing off the microphone to me. I had to wait though for the audience to die down a little or else I would of needed to yell. It took only a minute for them all to calm down before I took a deep breath and a step forward to begin “Hello everyone, as Spitfire said my name is Adrian Frost and I am a human being”

“I came to your world almost three months ago through an unknown magic portal and met six amazing ponies in Ponyville who easily befriended a strange being like myself and from then on I continued to meet more and more friends and saw many new and strange things that never existed back on my planet. Things like magic, flying ponies, talking ponies, dragons, celestial beings, and so forth”

“But as time went on, I went on to discover that I to could use magic and I began to experience many new things, both good and bad because of it. And so, I began to question myself, who am I? What am I now? Where do I belong? And so forth. So I began traveling from Ponyville and made my way through the Everfree Forest, along the way I met a great number of Ponies in New Leafton who had no home, no life, no job, some having only one bit to their names”

“I was then asked, and I still sometimes wonder why, to lead them through the Everfree all to the here, to Manehatten so that they could start over. For them, for their families, and for their children. Which is why I am here today, with support from Spitfire and the Wonderbolts, I have come up here to ask you fine and wondrous ponies of Manehatten and of Equestria to come help and support us!”

“Now, I know what your thinking ‘Why doesn’t the Mayor help in something so big?’, well he is! Your very own Mayor Manehatten and his assistant Lace Hatten have provided us with a mansion of sorts to live in for now until they can support themselves. But that is where we need your help!”

It was here that a silent murmur and chatter began to spread amongst the crowd and out of the corner of my eye, I could see the faint outline of the Mayor beginning to move about. Looks like Spitfire was right, he is getting nervous.

“There are about thirty members in this group of brave ponies, including foals, and they are currently looking for jobs, apprenticeships, internships, or anything that can help support them. The Mayor himself has gone over all of them and has made portfolios and can vouch for each and every one of them. As can I, if they can brave the woods of Everfree, pass over Foal Mountain, cross the plains of Fillydelphia, and manage to cross the streets of Manehatten then I think they have more than past the tests of being tough and worthy”

Most of the crowd chuckled at crossing the street, I even heard Fleetfoot laugh behind me. So I took this moment of pause to take a deep breath cause I could feel myself getting a little nervous and my hands shook for just a moment. But after my deep breath I was in control again.

“So I ask again, please help them out. Please show them the kindness that lies within. Show them how brave and courages you can be. And please, show me the way how the ponies of this world treat those most in need. I beg of you” I finally concluded and that control was instantly lost as I felt a single tear roll down my cheek as I accidentally held the microphone too close as I wiped my tear, cause they could hear my little sniffle while I apologized to myself.

I was then surprised when I heard the crowd began to applaud, not quite the rock star applause like before but a good, steady applause of hoofs that steadily grew and grew until the whole stadium was filled with good cheer.

Spitfire gently flew up to me and patted me on the back with a warm smile “You did great kid, proud of ya” she said. I handed the microphone back over to her and she took to the skies “Thank you everypony for indulging in our selfishness for those couple of minutes. If any of you wish to help, find Adrian, myself, or the Mayor and we can get that train rolling!”

“But now! The moment you have all been patiently waiting for, who want’s to see a Wonderbolts show!” now the audience was just a blaze of excitement and cheers as some almost flung out of their seats. “That is more like it!” she finished off before turning back to me. “Now, lets get you back to your seat and let us show you what were are made of” she said to me with a wink.

So after that, I was escorted back to my seat with the three of them and I was greeted by a very flustered looking Mayor who was just a cluster of fuck ready to explode, but he had to maintain face and so I got to see him look like a pufferfish, ready to explode as he talked. “Well, wasn’t that just so…. nice of you to do….Adrian” he slowly said.

But he was quickly overshadowed as I was swarmed once again by my group as they all had tears in their eyes as they thanked me over and over again, receiving quite a few hugs and even a kiss to the cheek or two. By the end of it, I was almost literally waterlogged with tears that I had to laugh, which in turn made them all laugh as well. So with a quick dragons breath of hot air, I dried myself off pretty good and found my seat.

“I love you Papa! Papa is the best! Papa is the best!” Maelstrom cutely said as she now began to pecker my head with kisses.

I heard all three wonderbolts saw ‘Awww’, though Spitfire and Fleetfoot both curiously looked at Soarin, to which he replied “What? That was adorable!” Which made us laugh again. So we waved goodbye for now as they returned to their starting gate and joined up with the rest of their crew before they took to the skies for their introductions.

Meanwhile, I heard someone lean down next to me and I heard, with heated breath “We are going to have a talk later. A. Very. Long. Talk”

At this point, I almost didn’t even care anymore, so much so that I began to chuckle to myself and turned around to face the Mayor “We certainly will Mayor, we certainly will. Though, it might have to wait until your town gets done talking to you first. Good luck” I said back, brimming with confidence and newfound inner strength. With that I turned back around, got comfy, put Maelstrom in my lap and undid my bag to allow Artemis to pop her head out again to watch.

This is going to be a good show.

Author's Note:

Hello, hey, and welcome back to another chapter of THATW! And you didn't have to wait half a year to see it! :scootangel:

I realized something when doing this chapter, this has been the longest day ever for Adrian. This is the third chapter in row! But hey, what are you gonna do? Just put in a timeskip and call it a day? Pfft! No way! :eeyup:

BUT! I just want to say thank you all once, once more for bringing the views to THATW to over 11,000! I still can't believe that I have this many views! I will forever will thankful to you guys for sticking around and liking my story! I just hope that I continue to give you all something good to read in the future!

:twilightsmile: And only 1 week, 9 days, 1 hours, 24 minutes, and 59 seconds until my speech!

Heh, sorry Twilight for having to make you wait.

:twilightsmile: Oh it is quite alright Z! You might not know it but you can get a ton of stuff done in such a short amount of time! Isn't that right Spike?

:moustache: Yeah.... so much stuff.

:twilightblush: I mean.... after me and the girls got a hooficure. Heh heh.

Oh Twilight. Well anyway, I hope to see you all again next time on the next chapter for The Human And The Well! Ta ta for now!

PreviousChapters Next