• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 23,503 Views, 708 Comments

The Human And The Well - Zandar13



Just a normal day for our human Adrian when his curiosity leads him astray to a shimmering well. After falling into the well he finds himself in another world filled with strange multicolored ponies! What shall he do next?

  • ...
77
 708
 23,503

PreviousChapters Next
Is This How A Human Sleeps?

---------- 6:45 PM, Adrians Room ----------

“Maelstrom! My hand is not a chew toy!” I painfully said. This was the third time now that she decided to use my hand as her teething material, just one of the many things I have recently learned in these past few hours. Other things include her being an omnivore like me, she is already capable of using her magic, she can fly, she absolutely refuses to leave my arms for any one else, and she is an adorable and utterly cute little ball of fur that loves to terrorize me.

Oh and did you know that her droppings catch on fire and disappear within an instant? Yeah, that was fun to learn. But the bright side of that is now I don't have to learn how to change diapers now, so that's nice. As for her magic, Twilight told me that unicorn foals behave the same way and that their magic usually goes off until they learn how to control it, so just another thing I have to learn. I never knew having a daughter would be so much work and so much trouble. Go figure.

But another positive note is that the one moment I had a break and was able to sit down, Artemis jumped up in my lap in order to inspect Maelstrom. I don't know what it is but for some reason they seemed to like each others company for they did not hiss and growl at all. Speaking of hissing, Maelstrom for the moment mostly makes cat-like sounds, except for her talking meows which sound like 'Mewp'. Which of course hammered another nail of cuteness into my heart, I really do think I will die in the future and my last words will me 'Awwwwwww'

So yeah, that wraps mostly everything up and now that nothing is on fire, she is not hissing, Twilight is not freaking out anymore (before and after sending a letter to someone), Maelstrom has been fed and gone to the bathroom, along with Artemis, and it looks like I will not be getting any new visitors anytime soon. I inhaled a fresh breath of air before gently flopping down in my bed, adjusting the little bundle of fur nestled in my arms so she was comfy and I just relaxed.

I could just feel the minutes slowly tick by as I lay there, eyes closed, enjoying the sound of silence. Until I felt her squirm out of my arm cradle and took a few soft steps on my chest in order to lay down, then I felt a warm paw on my chin. Opening my eyes I saw my daughters eyes staring at me in wonder as she pawed at my chin just before she let out a little 'Mewp?'

I could not help but chuckle before softly petting her head, much to her delight as she smiled and leaned into my hand a bit. “Whatever am I going to do with you, my little Maelstrom?” I asked her.

'Mewwwww' was all she replied with while she enjoyed being petted. Man, this is so weird at how calm I am taking all this in. I mean, I was freaking out earlier and on the verge of a panic attack, I think, and now here I am, gracefully lying on my bed, having a one sided conversation with my draconequus daughter. At least, I think that is her official race for now.

And just as I was starting to feel relaxed, my brain suddenly starts thinking of her future and where it might lead. Her going to school, growing up, learning her magic and how to fly, will she be able to make friends? And now I am thinking of my new future as well, having to grow up with her and teach her everything in a world I don't fully know yet, on top of suddenly being in a relationship with a wonderful girl. Ugh, my brain hurts again. So I let out a tired and slightly frustrated sigh.

'Mewp?' I heard her say again as she ever so slightly inched and slid her way forward.

I decided to simply put on a smile while I gently scratched her chin “Sorry Maelstrom. Your papa is just letting the world and all its problems sit on his shoulders again” I softly said to her. We laid in silence again for another minute before I asked “Maelstrom?”

'Mew?' she replied.

“I don't know if you can understand me, but I want to promise you something. That even though I may not know what to do as a dad or am even capable of being one, I promise you that I will the best papa I can be for you. And I promise that I will do my best to make sure nothing ever happens to you, no matter what. Because I love you Maelstrom, my wonderful and beautiful daughter” I gently promised her in a slightly cracking voice.

Thankfully she did seem to understand the importance of what I said for she pushed her front two legs down so her head was in the air and responded back with 'Mew mew!'. She then dive bombed back down in order to slink around and hug my neck, before nuzzling it with her fuzzy little head.

“Good, glad to hear it. Now, I wonder what I should try and teach you as your first words. Maybe daddy! Or perhaps papa? Or maybe just dad would be easier? Hmmmmm...” I said out loud. Though I think it would be utterly cute to hear her say papa with her mewing voice.

'Mewp' …... “pa?” I heard her say. Wait? What was that last thing?

“Pa.....pa” she said. No way, did she already understand what I was trying to get her to say?

“Papa?” she asked with a bit of confusion. Oh my goodness!

I let out a happy and surprised gasp while simultaneously sitting up with her in my hands “Yes! Yes! Papa! Papa!” I said back.

“Papa! Papa!” she repeated again but now she said it clearly and joyfully as she waved her arms in excitement.

“Yes! Yes! Good girl! Oh my, I have such a smart daughter! Barely three hours old and she has already called me papa! Ha ha!” I happily said while the two of us laughed and giggled together in our combined excitement. It was then I heard a third laugh coming from the door, so I quickly turned my head and saw that it was Twilight standing there, giggling away.

“Well, it appears that you two have had a wonderful father daughter bonding moment. Eh, Papa Adrian?” Twilight playfully teased. But I found myself becoming slightly embarrassed when I heard her say Papa Adrian, so in turn my cheeks began to warm up.

“Oh jeez, that sounds extremely embarrassing when you say it Twilight” I informed her. That of course got her to giggle some more.

“Sorry, I just could not help myself. But I am surprised that she is already able to form words though. But since none of us know exactly the growth rate of draconequus, this maybe be normal. Though that could mean that she might grow up at an accelerated rate, in comparison to normal foals. Hehehe, guess this means you better enjoy the time with her now while she is still small Adrian” Twilight jokingly said.

To her it might of seemed innocent, but now I felt incredibly depressed knowing that what she said might be true. My face adopted a look that perfectly showed how sad that thought was and I replied with “Gee, thanks Twilight. Anything else you want to say to ruin my first happy moment as a new father?”

“GASP! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Adrian! I-I didn't mean it like that! I just.... I, what I meant was.... I mean.... ugh. I need to learn to think out my sentences first sometimes” Twilight groaned.

But right away I heard Maelstrom start to giggle away again while she repeated her first word again and again, each time she did it made my smile bigger and bigger. “Dawww, I can't stay sad at this. And besides, she will always be my little girl forever and ever” I said before hugging my little girl.

Twilight had started giggling again “Sorry again Adrian, I really did not mean for that to sound as bad as it did. Anyways, now that you are in a calm period, do you mind having a little chat with me?” she asked. I shook my head no and let her continue on. “Ok, now I know that you already have a lot on your mind about everything and with your dinner date with Derpy in about an hour, I just wanted to ask if you know what you want to say to her about.... well about your sudden new child?”

“Yes and no. As for explaining how, I think just a simple version of events will do since she is probably not as familiar with Discord as you all are. As for everything after that..... I suppose most of it will depend on what she says. Even though I was not planning on it and may not be fully ready, I have a child now and I have to do my best to take care of her. Even if that means doing it alone, if she is not ready for that kind of commitment. Which I would not blame her, I think I would be kinda freaked out if I was in her shoes, er hooves”

“So, I will just have to play it calmly and hope for the best I suppose. I wish for everything to work out in the end though since I have had enough stress and worry to last a lifetime already. But if I must, then I must. Is there any last minute tips you would suggest before I start to head over?” I explained and asked.

“Hmmmm, not really since you pretty already covered everything. Like you said, just take it slow and explain everything and wish for the best. Let me know if everything worked in the end when you come back, ok?” Twilight said with concern.

“I will, now if you will excuse me I need to freshen myself up again before I head out. I will see you whenever I get back!” I said to her with a reassuring smile. She nodded and left my room, allowing me to spend the next few minutes juggling between holding Maelstrom and doing everything I needed to do in the bathroom. Once I was done, I quickly packed up a new bag that held a few bottles of milk, some fruits and veggies for her to snack on, and a few towels. A couple of diapers line the bottom just in case.

With everything ready to go, I said goodbye to Twilight on my way outside and I quickly found the right path leading to Derpys house. It was currently seven o' five, so I had about an hour till I am suppose to meet but, with recent developments, I want to talk to her about all this before dinner. So with Maelstrom sitting cozy in the nook of my arm, I continued on my path. I was worried that I would have been the hot topic of town again but since it was starting to get dark out, there were fewer ponies out and about.

So with that small blessing, I went on ahead like everything was normal.

“Adrian! Adrian!” I heard a voice call out from behind. Oh please. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE don't let this be another weird or life altering event again. Bracing myself for the worse, I turned around and saw that it was just Cheerilee was waving me down from what was probably her home.

“Ah, Cheerilee! Just a second” I replied. I took a few quick back steps and found myself standing in front of her again.

“Adrian, oh thank goodness you are alight. Miss Twilight said not to worry but when it comes to Discord, you never know what could happen” she said to me. Oh Cheerilee, you have no idea just how right you are. “So, what did he want with you anyway?”

Oh boy, the million dollar question with the trillion dollar answer. Sigh. Guess I should just get used to telling the story. “Well, basically Discord wanted to make amends to something he accidentally caused. So we made up and when we did, he gave me a rather..... unusual present, as a token of our friendship” I said.

“Oh, I see. Well thank goodness it was nothing too serious” she replied. Oh, just wait Cheerilee, just you wait for this punchline.

“I would not say that his, uh, 'gift' was him using his chaos magic to combine our DNA, which he then used to hatch an egg, which ended up giving birth to my new daughter Maelstrom here” I quickly explained while motioning to the silently gazing child.

Yep, just as I thought. Now Cheerilee had The Discord Look on her face as well, amazingly though she was quicker to shake it off “A child?! Discords apology gift was to make a child and give it to you to raise!?” she exclaimed with great confusion. I simply nodded yes. “What are you going to do with it?”

“Well, I am going to raise her. She is my daughter after all, no matter how she was brought into this world” I explained to her.

“I see, how very mature and responsible of you. Discord could learn a thing or two from you Adrian. So, do you need any help with her or have any questions I could answer?” she asked me.

“Not right now but thank you though. I already stopped by The Cakes place and Mrs. Cake gave me a short novel with notes, instructions, and many other various important information. But I think I will probably ask you about something in the future once I have some time” I said.

“Most excellent Adrian, I am glad that you are already on the right track. I am so very proud of you. Well I will let you get back to whatever it is your doing. Good luck and congratulations, I suppose” Cheerilee said.

“Thank you, see you around town” I replied back while we waved goodbye. Phew, thank goodness it that was something simple. With how my luck is, I was expecting something far worse or something. But it looks like there are some normal ponies in town, which is good. Very, very good.

“Papa! Papa!” Maelstrom called out suddenly. While I maintained my bearings so as to not miss her house, I looked down to see her reaching out to me with her tiny hands and she seemed to smacking her lips. Lets see, I believe this means that she is hungry I think. So, let me grab her a bottle of milk and see if that is correct.

Reaching down into my bag, I grabbed one of the bottles and pulled it out, it appears I was right for her eyes became fixated on it and now she tried to grab for it instead of me. Not wanting to deny her, I brought it down and gently held it slightly up for her while she hungrily drank.

“I am glad you enjoy drinking milk, I was worried that a draconequus would need to eat and drink something totally else. Oh, careful, careful! Not too fast” I said before I readjusted the bottle and slowed it down. That was one of the things Mrs. Cake informed me off, to always be careful when they eat or drink since they can easily choke. Even with the slowed drink rate, she finished off the bottle soon enough and had a content and drowsy look on her face.

'Mew. Mew mew m-urp!' she suddenly let out a cute little burp. After one more little burp she snuggled back into my arm and closed her small eyes. I don't think she is fully asleep just yet but at least I know she is getting tired, which is good since this means that her bodys sleep cycle is more or less like that of a normal foal or baby.

Alright, quick look around and lets see...... ah ha! Just a few more steps and...here...I...am! Huzzah! I actually remembered correctly! I thought I was going to be that clumsy guy who accidentally walks past her house at least three to four times. I am already doing better than I anticipated! I quickly straightened my outfit out and took a deep, calming breath before I walked up the few steps leading to her house and knocked.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

“eep!” I barely heard a female voice call out from behind the door. At first I heard nothing but soon I heard a few bumps and smacks being made, followed quickly by them being cleaned up or put back.

“Just a moment, sorry!” I heard her call out. Looks like she is still really nervous, so I waited at the door. Shoot! Now that I think about it, I should of bought some flowers or brought over a gift! Gah! This is our first date and I don't even bring her flowers! Awesome, I forget the flowers and instead I bring a child to our first date. Ack!

I had to face-palm myself for that last thought cause it sounded absolutely terrible. 'Oh hey dear! Are you ready for our first big date to solidify our new relationship? Flowers? Nah. Chocolate. Nope. I brought with me my newly hatched magic child, made thanks to the help of Discord' UGH. Why can nothing ever be simple with me? I would of liked to have her take a long nap but when I tried to place her on the bed, she either cried and cried or simply teleported back into my arms. Hooray for magic babies.

Finally I heard the door creak open and there she stood, bright eyed and cheery. Just as I always imagined her to be, I could not help but smile. “Hello Derpy, sorry that I am a bit early but I kinda wanted to come a bit sooner” I briefly explained. I could see her cheeks light up a bit but she smiled all the same.

“I am so happy to see you again Adrian. To be honest, I was kinda hoping that you would of shown up early. Looks like that small wish came true, so thank you” she sweetly replied. I don't know what it was but as soon as she finished saying those words, I felt the butterflies in my stomach start to fly and made my whole body tingle. Almost like I am casting a spell but different. I think that this feeling is love, good, pure, and simple love for a girl who has stolen my heart. Everything else simply faded away in that one moment as I leaned all the way down and slowly kissed her warm cheek.

“W-won't you come on in?” she offered. She stepped aside enough to let me through without me knocking her over as I slowly dipped inside her home for the first time. Taking a quick look around, it appeared that I was in her living room, a couch and a love seat occupied most of the area along with a book shelf and a small table. To the right were stairs leading up and straight ahead appeared to be the kitchen area.

It was a very simplistic living room, nothing too much other than a few plants here and there and a nick knack or two. But it was then I smelled a nice aroma wafting in from the kitchen, taking a good long sniff I was able to detect the faint smell of freshly washed greens. I looked down at Derpy so I could tell her “Dinner smells wonderful”

“You think so? Good! I was a bit nervous cause I did not know what sort of vegetables and fruits and other type of food you eat, so I kinda made a smorgasbord of all types of food. I hope you don't mind” she bashfully said.

“I am sure that whatever you make, will be an excellent meal Derpy” I told her.

She bashfully looked away but I could tell she was smiling “Oh and I am sorry if my living room seems a bit bland to you. With my eyes the way they are, I crashed into almost everything and broke half of them. So I took a lot of things out and put them away until I got better. As you can see, I am still working on it” she explained.

I kneeled down next to her, placing my hand on her head so I could scratch her ear with ease. “Don't worry about it. I didn't fall in love with you because of what you owned or bought. I fell in love with you and you alone and that is all I will ever need. Ok?” I simply stated. Once again my words left an impact on her cause while I could not see her face, I could tell she was blushing and smiling.

“S-s-so Adrian, not that I mind of course, but what made you want to come over early?” Derpy said.

“Ah. Um. First, lets go sit on the couch. The story is a bit of a doozy” I replied. We made our way over to the front and sat down next to each other, it was at this point that she finally saw the little ball of fur nestled in my arm.

“Adrian? What is that your carrying there?” she curiously asked.

“Well, she is the main reason why I came over early. But first, let me ask you something. What do you know of the calamity known as Discord?” I asked in return.

“Discord? You mean that guy who literally turned our town upside down then started hanging out with Miss Fluttershy and became good? I think” she responded with.

“Yep, that's the one. Well, as you probably either know or can guess, he is pretty random and strange and creates chaos and mischief. Well, when I was visiting the Crystal Empire, I was able to meet him but due to his magic conflicting with my own, he accidentally hurt me a bit. Nothing too bad of course, but enough to give us all a bit of a shock” I started to explain. I will try to tone the story down as not to worry her. “Well, ever since then he has wanted to find a way to apologize to me, which he did today as a matter of fact”

“After I dropped the three off at school, their teacher Miss Cheerilee asked for me to stay and introduce myself to the class since a few silly rumors were floating around me and she wanted to clear them up. So I did and I ended up playing with them all until they got picked up by their parents. It was when they were all gone did he, uh, 'pick me up' to chat with in private”

“So we talked, apologized, and forgave. Now, next he wanted to give me a gift to show off our new bond of friendship and this is where Discord got....weird. (sigh) Basically, he ate a bit of my hair and blood, used his magic to somehow become pregnant, laid an egg, gave the egg to me and declared me the father of said egg. He then dropped me off in my room where the egg hatched into her” I quickly pointed with my spare hand to Maelstrom.

“So, yeah. That is the gist of it. I wanted to come by early to talk to you before dinner since..... well, something like this is not something you casually talk about over dinner. And I wanted to tell you as soon as possible because I care about you and did not want to just suddenly show up with a child in hand. Though I suppose that is what I just did”

“I just wanted to tell you in advance before anything else happens. Because, I don't know how you would feel about suddenly going into a relationship with someone who just out of the blue became a parent. So, if you don't feel comfortable with this then please let me know and I will perfectly understand” I confessed with a heavy heart. Now I could only wait.

It was a very tense minute that came up next, Derpy looked back and forth between me and Maelstrom and I could see her mind twisting and turning thinking about everything I just said. I wonder what she will say? I wonder how she feels about all this?

“What's her name?” was all she said. I blanked out for a moment and did not answer since it was one question I did not think she would of asked next.

“Wh-..... what?” I confusingly asked. She giggled a bit at my reaction.

“I said, what is her name?” she asked again.

“Oh, it's, um...... her name is Maelstrom” I told her.

“Maelstrom? What an unusual name, then again she is your daughter after all” she replied with a little laugh.

“So..... your not upset or anything?” I nervously asked.

“Upset? Why would I be upset? You didn't do anything wrong, you were simply at the end of Discords shenanigans. And don't worry, I do believe that someone like Discord could and would do something like this. The first time he came here he made the clouds into cotton candy that rained chocolate milk. He then made a glass, filled it with the chocolate milk and then drank the glass while leaving the milk alone. So him laying an egg is not so weird” she explained.

“But, I mean, you don't mind that the one you just went into a relationship just shows up out of the blue a few hours later with a baby in hand?” I asked again.

“Well, at first I was a little worried. I do admit. But after giving it some thought, I realized that it really does not matter. I love you Adrian and it is kinda like what you just said to me. I did not fall in love with you because of other things, I fell in love with you and because of you. And since she is your daughter, that mean's that she is you too and so, I love her as well. And besides, I like kids” she lovingly said.

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach start to lift me up again, in fact I almost felt like they were going to burst through me cause they were flying around so much and it is a most wonderful feeling. I could not help but sniffle a little while my smile grew even bigger. I quickly swooped her up in my arm and brought her up to my head, so I could look into her eyes. “I love you so much Derpy” I said.

She brought her two front hooves and gently cupped my cheeks with a smile of her own “And I love you Adrian, my amazing human” she softly said before she brought our heads together in for a kiss. Just a sweet, loving kiss that made me feel like exploding cause I was so happy, almost like a balloon filled with too much air. When we pulled back I could tell she was feeling happy as well cause her fur was standing on edge, probably some akin to having goosebumps.

It was then I felt my other arm begin to move and I heard a tiny little 'Mewp' that Maelstrom made. So I looked down and saw that she had a sad look in her eye, when I finally made eye contact she stretched out her front legs again and grabbed at the air before speaking “Papa! Papa!”

“Awww, come here you” I said while I closed the distance between her and me in order for me to kiss her fuzzy cheek. “Papa loves you too Maelstrom. Papa will always love you”

“Awww, Adrian! She already knows how to say papa?” Derpy asked.

“She sure does, I have a smart little girl. Yes I do!” I said as I nuzzled up against Maelstroms head.

“Does she eat fruits and veggies too?” Derpy asked me.

“Yes, she is like me and is an omnivore. Meaning we can eat pretty much everything” I explained.

“Yay! Well, lets not sit around with empty stomachs then. Lets eat!” Derpy excitingly said as she quickly flew up and off the couch and into the kitchen. So I quickly followed her into the kitchen as well and grabbed myself a plate.

---------- 1 ½ Hours Later ----------

“Phew, you can make one mean salad Derpy” I complimented as I lazily sat on the couch. It truly was a smorgasbord of fruits and veggies and everything in between. Heck, even lil Maelstrom had a few bites to eat herself. And now she is laying peaceful and happy tucked away in my arm. Though we did have a bit of a mishap when Derpy tried to feed her a small carrot piece and she hissed at her. So I gently bopped her on the nose and told her that was a bad thing to do.

I then had Derpy feed me the carrot piece, to hopefully show her that Derpy and the food was safe. It seemed to kinda work for when Derpy offered another small piece, she took it and ate it quietly. Small steps, small steps.

“I am happy the two of you liked it, I have never really prepared dinner for anypony else before, so I was really nervous” Derpy said.

“Well it was the best first dinner date I have ever eaten, thank you” I told her along with a quick peck on the cheek. She bashfully hid her face with her hooves for a few seconds before she scooted closer to me on the couch.

“Adrian, thank you so much” she timidly said.

“For what?” I asked.

“For everything, for being so nice to be and being patient and for accepting me for who I am and for loving me back. For a while when you left, I was frightened that I came on too hard and scared you off, since you were the first stallion to ever pay attention to me. The real me. So I thought that maybe you were just being nice and that my love was one sided, but then you started sending me those letter and then I got your gift and then..... an-and then...”

“And then every day since I always felt like I was walking on clouds, no matter where I was. And when I came back here to clean up, I was shedding tears of joy because I was so happy to have you. So, thank you Adrian. Thank you for falling in love with me and for allowing me to love you back” Derpy concluded by laying her head in my lap.

When she did I moved my free arm over her and began to gently scratch her ear, which she greatly appreciated since she snuggled up against me a bit more. I did not say anything, since there was nothing to say in such a perfect moment. So time passed by as we enjoyed each others company and just fell into a happy and blissful state of mind.

It was not until I felt Derpy stir did I come back to reality and I saw her stretch out her wings a bit before she took a glance at the clock. I did as well and I saw that it was already ten thirty at night. Wow, we really did just let time fly!

“I can't believe it is already so late. I was hoping to spend some more time with you today” Derpy sadly said.

“Don't worry about it Derpy. We live in the same town after all, so it's not like we can't see each other anymore after this” I informed her.

“Yeah! Your right! I was just so caught up in the moment and having a good time just being with you tonight, Adrian” she replied.

“Me too Derpy, me too” I said back. I then stood up as much as I could and stretched out. “Well, I better be heading back”

At this I felt my pants leg being tugged at, looking down I saw Derpy staring up at me with a sad look in her eye. So I kneeled down and cupped her cheek with my hand, using my thumb to smooth her fur. “What's wrong?”

“Um, before you go. Can I make one request?” Derpy nervously asked.

“Your wish, is my command” I said with a dramatic bow.

She giggled at this before clearing her throat “I-I know this may sound silly, but do you think you could possibly sleep over here tonight?” she nervously said again.

“Ah-um. Well..... I mean..... I suppose I could, but I am not sure if Maelstrom would like it if she slept next to you” I bashfully uttered. At this Derpy gasped and her wings flared up.

“Oh no! I am so sorry! I-I meant in the s-spare room! Upstairs..... next to my.... room” Derpy said as her blush grew even more. She fiddled with her hooves for a moment before speaking again. “I know it may sound silly, but for some reason when I think about going to sleep tonight I feel..... scared. And nervous. S-so I thought that maybe if you slept here tonight I might feel better”

I let out a sigh of relief, even though I would have been a gentleman and would not of tried anything, it still made me very nervous to think about sleeping in the same bed with someone else. Yeah, I know that time after my Welcome To Ponyville party and pretty much everypony I knew was sleeping in the same bed as me but that was kinda like a giant sleepover and I was not dating any of them. Also now that I think about it, Pinkie did make a really comfy pillow.

“If that is what you wish” I said to her. With that we gathered up our plates and between the two of us, we got the dishes done in no time. Afterwards she gave me a quick tour upstairs of the two bedrooms, single bathroom, and her spare room where she kept most of her decorations. I did my business in the bathroom real quick and when I came out I saw that Derpy had already changed into her nightware, which was just a long dark blue shirt.

Deciding to spoil her a bit more, I gently picked her up and carried her to her bed, proceeded to tuck her in and gave her a good night kiss. “Good night Derpy, sweet dreams”

“Good night (yawn) Adrian. I will probably wake you up when I get up, since I have to leave early for work. I love you” she sleepily said as she snuggled up under the blanket.

“I love you too Derpy, see you in the morning” I quietly said back to her as I turned off the light in her room. When I headed into my room, I saw the Maelstrom was already fast asleep, so I carefully peeled her off my arm so I could take off my buttoned shirt and my good pants. Thankfully she did not wake up and in no time I was ready for bed, so I turned off my light as well before picking her back up and getting us settled in the bed.

She automatically snuggled up against my chest and I could hear her soft, little snores. So I carefully leaned my head down and gave her a good night kiss as well and closed my eyes. While today did not go as planned, whatsoever! I still had a fantastic day and can't wait for tomorrow, though I do hope it to be a bit more calm and normal and no more major surprises. So with that in mind, I slowly slipped away into the realm of dreams and into Luna's domain. I bet she will have a word or two to say. Heh.

---------- Midnight ----------

Hmmmm, so it seems that he is staying with her in her home tonight. How bold! I would not of thought he would stay with her for the night. Though I am sure he will not do anything, I better go and check on him.

With that in mind, I swooped down in the clear and still night air, using my magic necklace to check on the residents dreams as I fly by. It appears to be another calm and peaceful night, full of happy dreams and new memories, though a lot of childrens dreams are about a certain silly human friend of mind. Now, lets see. Which house? Ah, here it is.

Silently gliding through the wall, thanks to Princess Luna's magical necklace, I gently landed in Miss Derpy Hooves room and saw only a single occupant in her bed.

Ah, I see now. So he is sleeping in the same house, not the same bed. You have my respect, Adrian. Now, lets check in on her dreams.

Connecting my thoughts with the magic of the necklace, I slipped my astral form into her dreamscape and saw what lay inside. A very pleasant and merry dream, once again featuring a certain human. Though I am glad, she had been having restless dreams for a while now, but now she will have the best sleep she has had in years.

Now, lets check up on Adrian real quick. Slipping through the walls once more, I softly land in the next room and saw the sleeping giant resting peacefully with a smile on his face. I could probably guess at the contents of his dreams but it is my job to thoroughly check every dream, especially his just in case his old nightmares return.

But once again I am greeted by a pleasant and happy dream, yet again surprising me by dreaming of all his friends, including me. I can not help but blush as such a silly thing along with a silent chuckle.

“Sweet dreams, my dear silly human” I quietly said to my friend and grazed his cheek with a good night kiss spell, to ensure that tonight’s dream and hopefully all future dreams will remain as good and peaceful as this one.

With those two done, I have mostly done every single resident in Ponyville. All except one, who is stuck frozen with shock and with good reason. To think that Adrian is the father of a draconequus foal, that foolish Discord. What was he thinking? Probably nothing.

Hmmm? What is this? I feel like Miss Pie is about to fall asleep at last!

Wait..... oh dear.

Plug your ears Ponyville, this is going to get loud.

“ADRIAN IS A DADDY! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”

Author's Note:

Hello to all and to all hello! Or something like that. Welcome back to another chapter of THATW! Man, this chapter took a while. Mainly cause I was job seeking and I just could not figure out how to start the chapter off.

So, this chapter was a bit tricky since I have never written anything about babies and their mysterious ways. I hope that I wrote it well. Hurrah for magic babies and their magical flaming poop. She is smart and self cleaning! :coolphoto:

Also, when I was writing Maelstrom talking in Mews, I always imagined her sounding like Ryo-ohki from Tenchi Muyo. Which of course made her even more cute in my mind. Also the Mewing kinda reminded me of Mew from Pokemon.

So, I think this is a victory for Adrian! Derpy still wants to be with him and likes Maelstrom! Yay! Lets just hope tomorrow will be his first normal day!

I also really enjoyed Nightingales little segment at the end, and even more so Pinkies ending line. Looks like she holds the record for longest The Discord Look time. Huzzah!

Other than that, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I hope to see you all next time! Bye bye!

PreviousChapters Next