• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 1,576 Views, 14 Comments

The Great Powers Within - PanzerAsp RD



A young man is awoken in a green pasture wondering who he is, and what his name is. He is found by someone no one would've expected.

  • ...
15
 14
 1,576

Chapter XV: A Crippled Queen

“You!” I pointed to the nearest guard. “Go, let Twilight Sparkle know what’s happening here!” I yelled at the guard. He ran out the door and spread his wings, lifting off the ground and out of my vision.

“I need six of you to stay by the door at all times, and two standing outside.” I ordered. Two guards went outside the door, and six other guards stood guard, facing out the door. “All the rest of you guards stay prepared, we’re gonna wait for Chrysalis to return, which could be any moment!” I stood in the middle of the room, staring at the door, gripping my sword’s handle tightly. I heard a pair of guards off to the side talking.

“What if we don’t have enough guards here?” said one of the guards.

“I don’t know. Maybe we can do this, you can’t look at all of this so negatively.” said the other guard.

“Are you seriously not worried at all?” asked the first guard.

“Of course I’m worried, but we have to fight.” replied the second guard.

“We’ll be able to slaughter every last Changeling she brings to us.” I interrupted, approaching the two guards. They looked at me, clearly surprised.

“Wha- I, uh…” The guard stuttered, trying to get words out.

“We have the courage, the strength, and the anger we need to tear their forces apart. I will not allow them to win, by any means, even if it’s at the cost of my own life. So, soldiers, will you fight until your last breath to keep the innocents of Equestria safe?” I asked. They both nodded, and I turned around. Walking away from the two guards, I resumed standing in the middle of the room, preparing for Chrysalis to attack.

After waiting for what seemed forever, the doors were abruptly thrown open, surprising me. I drew my sword and began to charge the door, however, I stopped myself upon seeing who was there.

“Novy! Novy! I have a message for you from Celestia!” Yelled Spike, gasping to catch his breath. I took a scroll from him, and he continued to breathe heavily. I opened the scroll as i heard Spike saying, “I can’t believe they sent me through the Everfree by myself!”

“So many ponies have been slaughtered already, and you’re sitting in a black castle wondering where I am like an idiot...how pathetic. I suggest you make your way to Canterlot as soon as you can, because Celestia, Luna, and Cadence are here with us, and I doubt you want us to hurt them.” I finished reading the letter, and looked up.

“Get back to Canterlot immediately, guards! Your Princesses are in grave danger as we speak” I yelled loudly. All the guards stared at me. “What’s the fastest way to Canterlot!?” I asked.

“Flying…” replied a guard.

“How can I be flown to Canterlot?” I asked.

“We have a supply cart we carry with us.” A guard suggested. I left the castle and cleared the supply cart off. I climbed onto it, and two guards were attached to the front of the cart.

“All guards to Canterlot!” I yelled, the cart lifting off the ground as I finished speaking. I held onto the cart tightly. We flew for what seemed to be an hour, and finally landed in front of the entrance to the castle. I leaped off the cart and ran inside the castle, drawing my sword. There were dead soldiers laying on the floor, Changelings bodies mixed in, but clearly a minority. I ran up the stairs and onto the next floor of the castle. I directed the guards following me to the opposite direction, and I ran down the hall. I ran into a large room with a throne in it, and glass windows that were broken and stained with blood, they seemed to be decorated with drawings that I couldn’t make out. The Changelings in the room all turned to me and charged. I put my blade into the side of a drone, and decapitated another.

I killed the final Changeling, driving my blade into it’s head. I left the room and made my way through the hall, checkings room I went by for Changelings, and killing any that were found. Eventually, I made my way to the Princess’ room. As I walked in, I felt my anger spike immediately. I saw the guards I’d brought with me laying on the floor. Chrysalis laughed, and I looked at her, rage blazing in my heart. She had all the Princesses laying on the floor, bound by the legs.

“It’s about time, Novy...I was getting bored.” said Chrysalis mockingly.

“Shut the hell up. If you want to kill me, then come on. Come take your best shot, cause if you don’t kill me while you can, I’m gonna cut your ugly head off your body and throw you off the balcony.” I said angrily, gritting my teeth.

“My, I have definitely struck a nerve. You act like you’re one of these pathetic ponies...can’t you see that you’re something more than them? Don’t you see the power you hold over them?” She asked.

“I hold so much hate and anger inside this body...you have no idea how evil I could be if I chose, but that’s the point, I choose to be a hero rather than an evil being like you.” I said, staring at her. I moved forward, and the Changelings in the room all charged me. I felt them biting me, and scratch me. I sliced open Changeling after Changeling, knocking them off my back, and throwing them off me. My sword ignited with white flames once again, and I made a long slash along the Changelings around me, all being burned and scorched. The Changelings backed away from the flame, still searching for opportunities to attack.

“This is quite new...flames from your blade…” said Chrysalis. I looked at her, and a Changeling leaped at me, I cut it in half as it flew toward me. It hit the ground, and I brought my sword around, keeping the rest of the Changelings at bay. I moved forward, and swung my sword, making an arc of flames, burning several Changelings before dying out. I turned around and lunged at a group of Changelings, bringing my sword over my head and onto the ground in the middle of the group of drones, flames erupted from the place the sword had hit, and burned the Changelings, killing them. I leaned up, staring at my sword.

“That’s new…” I mumbled, turning to the remaining Changelings. I made another flame arc with my sword, killing two Changelings, the other one moving out of the way at last second. I faced Chrysalis, being the only Changeling left in the room. She stared at me, surprised.

“I see that you’ve gotten more skilled with your sword.” said Chrysalis. I stayed silent as I approached her, my sword at the ready. She stepped backward, and used her magic to hit me in the chest. I stumbled backward, falling to one knee. I stood back up, and she slammed into me with her hind legs. I flew backward, hitting the ground hard on my back. The flames in my sword dying. She brought her hoof down on my chest. I stared up at her grinning face.

“You’ve fought valiantly, but it seems I’ve overpowered you.” She said mockingly.

“Don’t be so sure, you bitch!” I yelled as I lifted my sword and cut her leg off at the joint. She stumbled backward, screaming, and falling onto her side.

“My leg!” screamed Chrysalis in pain, green blood gushing from her wound. I struggled to my feet, and walked over to her with my sword raised. She stared up at me, fear in her eyes. I smiled at this, and put my sword against her throat.

“I’ve waited to do this for too long, Chrysalis.” I raised my sword up, and brought it down toward her neck. I felt a force knock me sideways, and I flew onto the balcony. I stood up, and looked at what had hit me. I couldn’t believe what I saw. There was a Changeling that was ten times as large as a normal drone standing over Chrysalis helping her to her remaining hooves. She climbed onto it’s back and it charged onto the balcony. I jumped out of the way, and it flew away from the castle, Changelings rising from the city and following their queen. I ran back into the room, and freed the Princesses.

“Looks like there's a new type of Changeling…” I thought to myself.

Comments ( 3 )

i look forward to the next chapter ^_^

5629698 Thanks! ^^ I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. :D

Login or register to comment