• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 1,576 Views, 14 Comments

The Great Powers Within - PanzerAsp RD



A young man is awoken in a green pasture wondering who he is, and what his name is. He is found by someone no one would've expected.

  • ...
15
 14
 1,576

Chapter IX: Green Blood Splatters (Edited by author)

I studied the dead pony closely, to my shock, more screams erupted from around me. Changelings flooded the town. I ran toward the library as I slashed Changelings, I saw ponies screaming in fear and pain, a Changeling stood over a pony trying to skitter away, I ran over and stabbed the Changeling.

“Get to Twilight’s library! I’ll meet you all there!” I yelled as I ran though the fray of Changelings, there were so many of them, it made it hard to see. I slashed Changeling after Changeling, green blood splattering everywhere. I felt the blood on my cheek, a mass of ponies had gathered at the door to the library, the Royal Guards stationed here attacked Changelings. I watched as ponies fell to the ground bleeding.

“Twilight! Open the door and let them in!” I yelled. The door swung open and ponies scrambled inside, I was defending them as they all ran inside. I killed Changeling after Changeling, green blood splattering me. I ran inside the library and slammed the door shut.

“Board the windows up!” I yelled. Ponies clambered to find things to use. I ran over and broke the side of one of the bookshelves. Ponies broke the shelves and boarded the windows, Changelings breaking the glass. I stabbed the Changelings struggling to get inside the library. One Changeling squeezed inside the window, cutting its sides on the broken glass, but still rigorously thrusting its way through.

I stabbed it and kicked it back outside, the window was boarded by two ponies. I heard slamming against all sides of the library. The ponies gathered into a pile in the middle of the room, all huddling together and crying. The slamming stopped after maybe an hour. Suddenly, the door was broken and it sent wood flying. I ran toward the door slashing at whatever was there. I felt a force hit me, and I was thrown into the wall. I knew that feeling all too well.

“Attack! Leave the human, I want him!” I heard Chrysalis’ yell. I lunged toward the door, and I killed the Changelings as they tried to flood in. I stabbed and slashed, killing Changeling after Changeling. I heard magic behind me, and saw Twilight shooting magic blasts at the Changelings making it past me.

“Help me, please!” She yelled. Rainbow Dash flew into the air and slammed herself into a Changeling that had tried to attack a nearby pony. I felt a force hit me again, but this time I didn’t go airborne, I was pushed back a bit, but continued killing Changeling after Changeling. I felt another blast, but I continued moving forward. I ignored the pain, this was my opportunity to kill the Queen of the Changelings!

As I brought my sword down toward Chrysalis’ head, she flew backwards and into the air.

“Shit!” Chrysalis had flown out of reach, her Changeling onslaught still threatening to get through my defenses. I focused on killing Changelings, I knew that my clothes had to be soaking with green blood now. A Changeling dove past me as I killed another of them, and Twilight shot it with a magic blast. It didn’t seem too affected, it rammed into Twilight and she fell backward. The Changelings were bursting past me now, I killed as many as I could making my way to Twilight, the five ponies were attacking the Changelings, I heard Chrysalis’ evil laughing sounding from the door.

I ignored the constant pain I was in, and I slashed the Changeling that was attacking Twilight. It's head fell and I hugged Twilight. I held her closely behind me as I slashed Changelings. Ponies were dying around me, now there was a mixture of green...and red blood in the room. I saw Rarity hitting a Changeling with her magic, but it kicked her, and she fell into a wall.

Rainbow Dash was knocked out of the air and slammed into the ground head first. Applejack was attacking a Changeling, but another one bit her shoulder from behind. Fluttershy was cowering in the corner, crying. She was begging for someone to help her. Pinkie Pie was lying motionless on the floor in the middle of the room. I saw Chrysalis approach me, laughing.

“I told you I’d had high hopes for you...we could’ve ruled The Hive together!” She mocked me. I left Twilight, and I tried to attack Chrysalis, but I felt a searing pain in my lower right rib, almost unbearable. I looked down and saw a long black horn that had been sent through my side from behind. I watched as it was pulled out, and I fell forward, slamming hard on to the ground, sword in hand. The last thing I remember was hearing Twilight’s voice.

“Novy! Novy, don’t die! No!” I heard her frightened screams, as the world blacked out...

I stood up slowly, I felt the blood dripping off me. I ignored the pain I felt. I slowly stumbled toward Chrysalis, she laughed as I made my way toward her. A Changeling slammed into me and I hit the wall, I stabbed the Changeling, green blood splattering. I pushed it off of me, and I made my way once again toward Chrysalis, who just continued laughing.

“This is interesting, you’re definitely a strong being. I only wish we could’ve used that power to the aid of The Hive.” She said laughing. I felt anger swelling within me. I started moving toward her faster, I raised my sword.

“This is EQUESTRIA, not The Hive!” I yelled, as I brought my sword down toward Chrysalis’ head. A changeling dove in front of her, taking the slash to save her. I felt a stab to my left shoulder, and the horn pulled out. I stabbed the Changeling and immediately slashing at Chrysalis. I cut her leg deeply, and she let out a groan. I felt Changeling after Changeling attacking me, all at once. I was brought to the ground, constantly being bitten and scratched.

My world slowly started to swirl out of sight.

“Twilight, I’m sorry…” I said softly.