• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 1,576 Views, 14 Comments

The Great Powers Within - PanzerAsp RD



A young man is awoken in a green pasture wondering who he is, and what his name is. He is found by someone no one would've expected.

  • ...
15
 14
 1,576

Chapter V: Where Loyalties Lie (Edited by author)

After Rainbow, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity had finally decided their questions were answered enough, they left Twilight’s library. Spike, Twilight’s baby dragon, showed me to his and Twilight’s room.

“You can take my bed if you want, I’ll sleep on the floor.” Spike held his hand out to a small basket with a sheet and cushion on it.

“Y’know, what? I think I’m good, but thanks anyway, Spike.” I said to the baby dragon. I walked back down to the main room in the library and pulled a book off the shelf. I began reading it, it told a story about the defeat of “Discord” the Deity of Chaos. Apparently, he’d escaped from a stone prison that Princess Celestia had put him in.

“That was a dark day here in Ponyville…” I heard Twilight’s voice and shut the book, looking up.

“This...Princess Celestia...she seems to be very powerful…” I said.

“Yes, she is. She raises our sun, and her sister, Princess Luna, raises the moon.” She informed me.

“Speaking of the Princess, she wants me to take you to Canterlot tomorrow. She wants to meet you.” She spoke so casually, like she got to see a...goddess everyday! My eyes went wide.

“Luna will probably be there too.” She added. I stood up and put the book I had back.

“I’m gonna get some rest then…” I said as I walked over next to the door and sat with my back against the wall. I tried to sleep as I heard Twilight walk to her room. I closed my eyes, and eventually fell asleep.


The next morning…

“Wake up, Novy! Novy, wake up! We’re leaving soon!” I awoke to Pinkie Pie’s face in mine, her yelling for me to wake up. I stretched and yawned, still feeling tired. Rarity walked over and held some clothes out in front of me with her magic.

“I took the liberty of making you some new clothes...the ones you have now are dark, and depressing. Not to mention the rips and tears.” She said as I took the clothes. I got up and went back to Twilight’s room, I changed into the new clothes provided for me. They were identical to the ones I had already, but the symbol wasn't on this shirt, instead it was a sun and moon in a circle. The jeans were white with a brown stripe on the leg. I stepped back into the room with the 6 ponies.

“I gave the old clothes the Rarity touch!” She said gleefully.

“Thanks, Rarity.” I said. Twilight led our group of seven to the train station. I carried most of the luggage, comprised of Rarity’s many many bags, and some small things from everyone else. All I had to bring with us was my sword I’d received from Chrysalis.

We boarded the train and everyone took their seats. I sat on the bench behind Twilight, which was empty. Rainbow Dash, who had been sitting with Applejack and Fluttershy, flew over to me. She landed on the bench, sitting next to me.

“So, Novy, what was the castle like? I heard it looks really cool!” She said excitedly.

“Everything there was black, it was dark and dreary. This is the best representation I have.” I drew my sword and held it in front of me.

“Woooow! That's so cool!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “Is it some sort of weapon?”

“Haven’t you ever seen a sword before?” I asked.

“Equestria has never needed weapons, we’re peaceful.” She informed me. Something about this pony made me feel happy, she was so carefree, a nice person. The Element of Loyalty was definitely my favorite so far…

Some time later…

The train screeched to a halt, and we all stood up.

“Alright, everypony, we’re here.” said Twilight.

"Every-pony?" I thought curiously, I didn’t quite understand that, but I went with it, and followed them out of the train, carrying most of the luggage.

“Thank you, Novy!” Rarity said happily to me, a smile on her face.

“Of course, Rarity.” I said back to her. We walked to the castle that Celestia and Luna occupied. We walked up the steps, royal guards stared at me, as if I might try to hurt someone in an instant. I marveled at the inner castle, pillars and flags, and carpet making it look gorgeous.

“Welcome, Novy.” Spoke a white tall pony with not only wings, but a horn too.

“That's Celestia!” I heard Rainbow Dash whisper in my ear. I quickly bowed.

“It's an honor to meet you, Princess!” I said.

“The honor is mine too, Novy. You are the first human in Equestria!” She said happily. “Now I hear that you were living in Queen Chrysalis’ castle for some time?”

“Yes, I was. I got this from her.” I drew my sword. The guards around me tensed. I put it on the floor in front of me, so the guards wouldn’t attack me. Twilight levitated the sword to Celestia who studied it closely. She gave it back to me.

“You should keep this. Did she say why she took you from the pasture?” She asked.

“She said she found me because I had some sort of great power within me...she trained with me and decided it was in Swordplay…” I answered. The Princess seemed to think about this for a second. A dark colored pony with a mane like the stars stood next to Celestia. I was informed by Dash that it was Princess Luna.

“I...I had a question, Princess…” I said hesitantly.

“Yes?” I had the attention of everyone in the room.

“I...I’d like to be a citizen of Equestria…may I?” I asked

Celestia looked at her sister, they seemed to come to the same decision. “We don’t see any reason not to allow this..” Answered Luna. The six ponies standing with me thanked the Princess. It seemed that they all liked me a lot.

“Chrysalis did not lie, Novy. You do have a great power residing within you, and I hope that you will use it to benefit the people of Equestria.” said Celestia, and I bowed to her.

“Of course I will, Princess Celestia.” I answered.