• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 1,575 Views, 14 Comments

The Great Powers Within - PanzerAsp RD



A young man is awoken in a green pasture wondering who he is, and what his name is. He is found by someone no one would've expected.

  • ...
15
 14
 1,575

Chapter VIII: Eggheads: The Perfect Match (Edited by author)

I walked out of the library the next morning, I was expecting a squad of Royal Guards. As I waited, I heard the door to the library open, and Twilight stood next to me.

“You’re finally gonna do something to help the ponies of Equestria.” She said softly. I smiled at her, and knelt down. I hugged her once again.

“And its the best feeling I’ve had since I arrived here.” I whispered to her. I stopped hugging her, and she blushed. I ran my hand through her mane, I loved the feeling of her hair...She blushed as I did this. I got to my feet as ten Royal Guards landed in front of me.

“Your work starts now.” I said firmly. “Watch the borders of the town, if anyone or anything tries to get in, I want to be informed immediately." The guards nodded and went to their places to be. Twilight looked up at me happily.

She looked down blushing madly when I smiled back. It was cute when she blushed like that.

“I’m really glad you didn’t leave…” She said shyly.

“I didn’t want to leave you, Twilight…” I said softly. She looked up at me, face red..

“Twilight...I…” I started to speak but stopped myself. She looked at me curiously.

“What is it, Novy?” She said, looking concerned. My face turned red, and I leaned down to her level.

“I...I...love you...I’ve had these feelings since I met you…” I said, looking down. “I don’t know if you feel that way too, and I'm sorry if I'm putting you in a bad pla--” She cut my words off with a kiss, I wrapped my arms around her as we kissed for several minutes.

“I...feel the same.” She said softly as we broke the kiss. I stroked her hair, and looked in her eyes. She looked so loving, and happy.

“Ooooo, Twilight has found her Special Somepony has she?” yelled Rainbow Dash as she hovered above us. She laughed furiously. I smiled as I stared at Twilight.

“I guess...I have…” She said, smiling at me. I kissed her again, we kissed for a minute or so before Dash had had enough.

“EW, I’m gonna puke!” She pretended to vomit, while hovering in the air. We stopped kissing and I grinned at Rainbow.


“Eggheads are a perfect match, aren’t they?” I joked with Rainbow. She laughed and so did Twilight. I held Twilight's hoof and smiled at her, feeling an overflowing joy. I stood up, and went back into the library, Twilight followed me. I shut the door, and I sat next to it, in my normal spot. Twilight walked closer to me.

“No, Novy, come with me. I want you to...sleep in my bed…I don't want you to be uncomfortable sitting against that wall.” She said shyly, her face blazing red. I got up. She walked back to her bed and laid on it, I crawled in next to her. I held her as I laid in the dark, trying to sleep. Twilight had fallen asleep almost immediately, but my brain was excited, I didn’t want to sleep. I kissed her cheek and attempted to sleep, holding her.

The next morning….

I woke up, Twilight was already out of bed. I stood up and stretched. I went into the main room, and twilight was waiting there for me. I smiled, walked over and sat in front of her. She pushed a plate closer to me, it had two pieces of bread. I remembered when Chrysalis gave me the bread.

I picked up both pieces, and gave Twilight one of them. She smiled and we ate the bread together. We finished eating, and smiled at each other. I couldn’t imagine my life without Twilight...I need Twilight, she is the one that I can come to for anything, she is the one that I love…

Queen Chrysalis is going to pay. Not just for what she did to me, but for the sake of every pony in Equestria! I hadn’t noticed, but i’d been clenching my fists.

“What’s wrong, Novy?” She asked, looking worriedly at me. I looked at her, anger blazing in my eyes.

“I’m going to make the Changelings and their Queen suffer…” I said angrily. “I will stroke the Queen down with the very sword she gave me!” I felt the anger building inside me constantly. I felt Twilight hug me, she was crying. I calmed down almost immediately, and hugged her back.

“I’m going to make sure nothing hurts you. Ever.” I said as I hugged her tightly. She nuzzled her face into me, and I stroked her mane.

“Do...Do you promise?” She said looking up at me sadly, the tears running down her face. I wiped her eyes, and smiled.

“Of course, I give you a Pinkie Promise. No one will hurt you as long as I’m still breathing. I hugged her once more and she hugged back tightly. I held her closely. Suddenly, I heard a scream from somewhere behind me. I got up and turned around, I drew my sword and ran toward the source of the scream. As I looked down at the sickening sight, I could barely keep my bread down. There was a pony lying on the ground, blood gushing from the many slices into her body. The pony’s blue fur and mane had been stained with blood. Twilight was walking up behind me, I turned around and stopped her shielding her eyes.

“I want you to go back to the library, do not let anyone inside unless I’m physically there with them, understood?” I demanded of her. Her eyes were full of fear, and she hugged me.

“Can I get my friends? I don’t want anything to happen to them…” She asked. I thought for a second.

“Yes, get them quickly and go to the library, I’ll be there as soon as I can.” I told her, she galloped off and I turned around. A pony has been murdered, and I will find out why and by who.