• Published 25th Sep 2014
  • 1,575 Views, 14 Comments

The Great Powers Within - PanzerAsp RD



A young man is awoken in a green pasture wondering who he is, and what his name is. He is found by someone no one would've expected.

  • ...
15
 14
 1,575

Chapter XIV: This Is War

Rarity hovered a new set of clothing to me, and I grabbed them, hastily putting them on. The pants were white with Celestia's cutie mark on the side of the left leg, and the shirt was a dark shade of golden that had a white stripe going across the left side.

"Thanks, Rarity, but I need to get going." I said quickly.

"Alright, then, I'll see you another time." She said as I opened the door and ran out. I made my way to the library, I walked inside, hoping to find Spike.

"Spike! Spike are you in here!? I need your help!" I yelled loudly. Eventually he came down the steps and looked up at me.

"What do you need?" I looked around on the floor for a scroll and quill, pushing things out of the way, and shuffling things around.

“I need to write a letter.” I said as I searched.

“Oh, okay.” Spike said as he tapped my shoulder and I looked up at him. He was holding out a scroll with a quill, so I took it and began writing a letter.

“Dear, Princess Celestia, I encountered Chrysalis, and she was discussing an attack on Ponyville tomorrow with one of her subjects. Send as many soldiers as you can spare. I’m taking the fight to her.” I finished writing and rolled up the scroll. I gave it to Spike and he burped out green flames, burning the scroll. We waited for a response and eventually Spike burped up a new scroll. I grabbed it out of the air, and unrolled it.

“Dear, Novy, I have sent a detachment of soldiers to Ponyville to aid you. Please, stop Chrysalis before she can cause further harm to my land. I wish you the best of luck, I have nothing the confidence in you.” I put the scroll on the table and ran out of the library. I went to the hospital and into Twilight’s room.

“This is it, Twilight. Chrysalis is planning to attack us tomorrow morning, so Celestia sent a detachment here under my command. I’m leading them to attack her when I think we’re ready.” As I spoke, worry crossed her face.

“Novy, please, don’t get yourself killed.” She said urgently.

“You should know by now that I’m hard to kill.” I said with a smile.

“Everyone can die, Novy, even you.” She said sadly.

“Well, I’m not dying without a fight.” I replied. I got closer to her and kissed her lips gently. “I have to go now, I need to get prepared.” I walked out the door after hugging her, and made my way out of the hospital. I went to the entrance to Ponyville, and waited for the soldiers to arrive.

It seemed like hours, but the soldiers eventually reached the town and landed before me. I counted the guards, and came up with 38. I stood at the front of the large group of guards before me, and spoke loudly.

“I’m not gonna be gentle about it, we aren’t going to return with the same numbers we’re leaving with. This will be a final assault on Chrysalis in her castle, the place where all the Changelings are housed. Be prepared for the most difficult fight of your lives. We leave tonight.” I walked away from the group of soldiers and headed to the fields outside Ponyville. I unsheathed my sword and held it out in front of me.

“Alright...I need to learn to control my emotions…” I said with a sigh. “From what I’ve gathered, anger means red flames, sadness seems to be blue flames, and I’m not sure about the white flames...I was attacking Chrysalis alone, so...maybe courage?” I spoke aloud. I tried to think of something to ignite the flames, but what? I thought back to when the clerk had kicked me out of his store, and the townsfolk shunning me, but nothing happened. I was confused, and I though further back. Back to when I watched the ponies in the library dying, and my sword erupted with blue flames. I held the sword with no problem, I couldn’t feel the heat on my skin or clothes. I slashed the air with my sword, making an arc of flame that died seconds later. I thought of when I’d discovered the truth about Chrysalis, and the anger I had felt. The flames morphed to red, and I slashed at the air again, making another arc.

“I need a target…” I looked around for something to direct my sword at. I saw a wooden post sticking out of the ground. I ran over and sliced the top of the post off, and flames spilled off the wood. After cutting the post down to the bottom, I left the field and went to the library. I sat in the doorway with my back against the wall. I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.

When I woke up, there was a guard nudging me. I looked up at him, and I opened my eyes and stood up, the sky was dark and full of stars. I stepped out and the group of guards were waiting for me. I went to the front of the group and began to march to Chrysalis’ castle. We went into the Everfree Forest, and march past tree after tree. Once we’d reached the opening that led to the castle, I got a bad feeling in my gut.

“Keep your guard up, expect anything.” I said as we got closer to the castle. We got to the door, but still, no Changelings had noticed us...I took a deep breath and threw the doors open. We rushed in and I unsheathed my sword. As I looked around the room, I was confused. The room was completely empty. The guards behind me were mumbling confusedly. I walked further into the castle, and through the halls, looking into the rooms around. No Changelings were in the castle. It was completely empty.