• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,404 Views, 658 Comments

Harmony's Creed - Gapeagle



I am Den Master Octavia Melody. I write these words so that the future generations may remember our endeavors.

  • ...
15
 658
 4,404

PreviousChapters Next
Chaotic Recruitment

"Finally back at this place..."

Vinyl slipped her mask off and stared at the port city of Baltimare. It had been a long time since she was last here. All the fun memories returned to her. The brawls, the fights, and the good times. Yet, it was still overcast for her because the last night she spent here was the night Rainbow Dash died.

"Oh well." She shrugged.

"Wow! This is Baltimare! This is where Rainbow lived?"

Vinyl raised a brow at the young girl who excitedly ran in front of her. Her purple hair caught the seabreeze and whipped it back. Vinyl only sighed in annoyance and walked up beside her.

"No, Scoots. Rainbow didn't live her, she only worked here sometimes. She actually lived out in the Labyrinth Isles."

"Are we gonna go there next?" Scootaloo asked happily. "I want to go on a ship just like she did! I wanna be the next feared pirate on the seas!"

"No. We aren't going there. Listen, kid, we're here for a quick visit with the captain of the Ragnarok. I only brought ya along because I thought you'd like seeing your hero's place."

"I know. I wish Sweetie and Apple Bloom came along..." Scootaloo frowned.

Vinyl rolled her red eyes. "Well, unlike you, they decided not to become a Son of Discord. Until they do, they can be stuck in Ponyville for all I care."

Scootaloo cast her own red eyes at the sand and sighed once more. With one little kick at the ground, she started again towards the port city. Vinyl raised a confused brow at the girl before hurrying her step to catch up.

"I'm sure they'll join, kid." She ruffled the purple hair playfully.

"Yeah...but are ya sure of this? I mean, the concept of living forever seems great, but I bet it can get dull." Scootaloo said.

Vinyl scratched her head. "Well, maybe. That's if ya let life become boring. You and I...and Discord will make sure nothing's boring. You and I, we'll be the best Assassins ever. And then ya may even become as good as Rainbow Dash."

"Really?" The young Assassin asked hopefully.

"Hell yeah! Ya probably won't need to become a pirate captain like she was. All ya need is some good, iconic weapons. Something that will ast the test of time, ya know?"

"I guess..."

"Trust ol' Vinyl Scratch! C'mon, let's see some pirates."


The two Sons of Discord walked through the town towards the Bay. The tall masts of ships rose over the much shorter clay buildings. Scootaloo nervously hung close to Vinyl. The latter strutted with confidence and focused on the objective ahead.

"I didn't think Baltimare was this...busy." Scootaloo said.

"Ya haven't seen Canterlot, kid. After a while, ya get used to city life."

"I'm not sure if I like it..."

They passed a fisher's shop and reached the docks. Ships of all sizes were floating peacefully along the wooden piers. Vessels also were sitting out in Horseshoe Bay. It was a very lively scene that Vinyl had grown accustomed too, but Scootaloo still seemed unsure about it.

"There's so many boats. Which one is the one we're looking for?" She asked.

"I'll know it when I see her." Vinyl answered. "She's a brig named Ragnarok."

"Are you sure it's here?"

"Discord said she was."

"Why call it a 'she?'"

Vinyl shrugged. "I don't know."

"You don't know much..."

"Keep walking, kid."

Vinyl gave the girl a nudge to get her moving. The amount of ships made her sigh. It was going to take longer than what she wanted. With a finger, she pointed at each ship, trying to discern if she was the Ragnarok. With each ship they passed, Scootaloo grumbled a complaint. At the eighth ship they passed, she kicked a stone off the pier.

"We came here for nothing."

"Oh shut it! The Ragnarok is that one!"

Vinyl pointed at an old brigantine. Her flag was no longer that of Rainbow's but of the old Sepulcher flag, showing that her allegiance for the Brotherhood was over. Vinyl was disappointed by this, but she did not falter in her mission. With a gesture of her hand, she told Scootaloo to follow.

"Come along, kid. Time to see your hero's workplace."

Scootaloo gasped in excitement and ran ahead of Vinyl. The older Assassin rolled her red eyes and kept the same cool pace. Scootaloo scrambled around some crew members and pirates to run up the wide gangway. Some of the pirates cursed at her, but fell silent upon seeing Vinyl.

"She's back." One said.

"Look at her eyes..." Another gasped.

"Assassin..."

Vinyl walked up the gangway and set foot upon the main deck. Scootaloo was frozen in her joy at being on her hero's legendary ship. Vinyl thought it amusing at first, but once she saw that the girl wouldn't move, she grabbed her hood and dragged her towards the Captain's quarters.

"You can gawk later, but right now we need to do business." She harshly told the other.

"But..."

"Come on."

Vinyl took hold of the door handle and forcibly opened the door. Her eyes fell on Captain Neon Lights, who was reading some long parchment. When he saw who had entered, his eyes widened in surprise. The Assassin chuckled at this and gave a mocking bow.

"Well hello, Neo! It's been a while!"

"Why yes, it has, Vinyl." He said. "I've heard about your exploits in the Brotherhood. The Ragnarok wants no part in your Chaos."

"Straight to the point, aren't yeah?" She purred.

"Vinyl..."

"That's Master Vinyl to ya." She said quickly. "And don't be so quick to dismiss this. Ya have a great opportunity in front of ya."

"Master Vinyl, as captain of this ship, I wish to stay out of the war."

"As a leader of the Sons of Discord, I want to continue the war."

Neo grumbled. "You have no power..."

"We'll see about that."

Scootaloo looked about awkwardly. "Umm..."

Vinyl coughed to clear her throat. "Oh yes! I forgot! This is Scootaloo. She was an Initiate, but has graduated as a Son...or Daughter of Discord."

"So?"

"Well, she was big fan of Rainbow Dash. I think it's only fitting for her to carry on Rainbow's legacy."

"She is not going to be captai-"

"Did I say 'captain?' No I didn't. No, you have something, two things actually, that not only Scootaloo should have, but the Lord of Chaos wants them as well. He thinks it's the true tool of a Survivor."

"You are talking of Rainbow's swords?"

"Yes."

"I don't have them."

Vinyl chuckled. "Don't lie. Discord told me they were here. Hand them over."

Neon sighed through his nostrils. He got up from his chair and then opened a long chest of drawers. There, in the top shelf, were the two twin swords that Rainbow wielded. He picked them up slowly, as if they were a fragile creature.

"These are powerful tools not meant for a teenager." He told Vinyl.

"Indeed. However, they are also works of art not meant to collect dust in a chest." Vinyl returned.

"You will use them for Chaos..."

The Assassin smiled. "I'm counting on it."

Neon cursed softly and handed the blades over to Vinyl. The Assassin did not even glance at them before shoving them into Scootaloo's chest. The girl slowly lifted one blade out of its sheath. The small part revealed let a wave of heat through the room, making them have instant sweat. The hotness made Scootaloo sheath it once more.

"Uhh...Thank you." She bowed at Neo.

"You take good care of them." Neo told her coldly.

Vinyl patted Scootaloo on the head playfully. "Now go along. I need to speak with Neo privately. Go and uhh...make friends."

Scootaloo raised a brow but left as she was told. Once the door shut behind her, Vinyl giggled creepily. With a flash of her red eyes, she put a hand on Neo's shoulder.

"Since the kid's gone, we can get to the real business." She said lustfully.

"Vinyl, are you still attracted to me?" Neo asked rudely.

"Well, I'm a stubborn woman. When I see a man I want, I get him."

"Is this your attempt at recruiting me? To seduce me?"

"No, no no. Seducing you would be like lying to you. This is simply me telling you my affections."

She pushed him against the wall. She could feel his heart quicken in beat. Both her hands were on his chest, keeping him in place. Her face was so close to his that her glowing eyes were reflected off his cheeks.

"Ya must understand, Neo, there is nothing wrong with Chaos." She began slowly. "It's the constant change of a society. Something comes along, people react to it, and there is a change. Nothing ever stays the same. Unlike Order, change comes rapidly, fueled by emotion. Good or bad feelings can ruin a society. Chaos makes sure that these emotions are in constant turmoil. People are free to choose their own truths and their own lies. No one controls your body except yourself. It's time to let go of your white-knight persona, Neo. You are a pirate, a freedom fighter. Yet, you're not free from the judgments of other people. Ya think way too much about what other people think. Chaos puts you in the center. You are free to choose your own emotions. To Tartarus with the views of conformity. There is no conformity in Chaos, only what you want to believe. So, Neo, what do ya want to believe?"

"I...I..."

"Don't let your tongue hold ya back."

"I...I want to be happy." He said. "I want to love."

"We can start that right now."

"But I..."

"Nuh uh, Neo." She put a finger on his lips. "Let your emotions take over. Do what you want to do. Seek what you want to seek. This isn't Harmony. This isn't Absolute Order. This is Chaos, eternal Chaos."

"I want to love..."

"Right answer."

Vinyl moved in and their lips met in a kiss. Neo's eyes were wide when they started, but closed slowly as he calmed down. This kiss did not last long as Neo slowly pulled her face away.

"How much of that speech do you actually believe?" He asked.

"I don't know. Jus' felt like saying it."

"It was a nice way to try to convince me of your ways."

"Well, I don't need to convince you. You're supposed to convince yourself."

"Then I guess I have, Vinyl."

Their lips met once more. Their passion and lust took over and they fell on the desk, knocking some papers and a globe over.


Scootaloo and Babs Seed were listening closely of the other side of the door. Babs had a look of pure enjoyment as she tried to see through the old glass window while Scootaloo appeared most disgusted.

"What are they doing in there?" She asked through a moan.

"Having a blast I bet." Babs replied.

"Sounds like they'll wrestling."

"Oh yeah they are!" Babs squealed.

"Well, then Vinyl would win." Scootaloo concluded.

Babs took one more peak in. "Naw, Neon's totally winning."

~

Author's Note:

I think there will be only one more chapter. Still deciding which scene it will be. Probably one that will conclude Octavia's story for good.

PreviousChapters Next