• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,405 Views, 658 Comments

Harmony's Creed - Gapeagle



I am Den Master Octavia Melody. I write these words so that the future generations may remember our endeavors.

  • ...
15
 658
 4,405

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Modern Assassin

"Octavia is writing again! Can you believe this guys?"

"Yes Yearling. We were there remember?"

"Oh yeah..."

Yearling sipped her coffee. Loyalty, Laughter, Generosity, and Magic were pacing around the room. Generosity had finally arrived after she said she was "lost" for the past few days. Yearling was greatly confused by this. She asked how that could even be possible with her being a ghost. Generosity merely replied with "Not reading the signs on the walls." Yearling took the comeback as mocking insult.

"Hey, if all you guys are here, then where is Honesty and Kindness?" Yearling asked.

Magic answered. "Kindness and Honesty didn't want to make an appearance. They don't want to be in this type of business again."

"Why not?"

"Various reasons, but the main is plain tiredness. They are done with humanity as of right now."

"You think you can convince them otherwise?"

Magic shrugged. "Maybe."

Loyalty piped up. "Guys, guys, you all are thinking of the wrong thing! They're going to Baltimare! I'm coming into their story. Just watch Yearling! You'll see me in my finest form!"

"Actually, I've already gone into one of your memories. I know what to expect."

"Well good. You'll see me on the Equestrian waters, on the Ragnarok. My sweet Ragnarok."

The other Bearers rolled their eyes. Yearling leaned back on her couch. Her mind returned to Octavia. The Den Master was writing again. But where were her writings? They weren't in the South Canterlot Den. Could they be in a different city? Octavia was going to Baltimare, maybe they would be there.

"Uhh...Bearers? Was there a Den in Baltimare?"

Loyalty nodded her head. "Yeah, but it was more of a fort. Fort Moonlight. My boys took over that fort when we gained the city."

"Could Octavia have stashed her writings there?"

Loyalty considered this. "Maybe. She did visit it a couple of times."

Laughter jumped in. "Then we should totally go there! Nice trip, from wherever we are!"

"We're in Manehatten."

Loyalty's eyes widened. "This is Manehatten? Wow, it's changed. It actually looks inhabitable."

Yearling chuckled. "It's on the edge."

"Now darlings, if we need to retrieve these documents, we should do quickly."

"Well Generosity, if ya haven't noticed, I don't get out of here often."

Magic looked at the historian. "We could help with that."

Yearling raised a brow. "What? Gonna ghost me through the walls?"

"Not exactly. Do you have a hood?"

"Uhh.....I have a hoodie. Want me to get that on?"

"Yes.

Yearling got up and walked in her bedroom. She didn't know why she was getting her hoodie. What were the Bearers up to? Maybe this was how Octavia felt when dealing with them, she thought. She grabbed one of her dark tan hoodies and put it on. She then returned to the Bearers.

"OK, what now?"

"Do you know your way out Yearling?" Magic asked.

"Yeah. It's guarded by security though. If I leave, they're drag me back here."

"We'll get you by that."

Without warning, the Bearers walked up to her and placed their hands on her. The extreme cold chilled Yearling to the bone. Then, one by one, they were absorbed into the historian's body. It felt like running in ice water. Yearling's vision blurred and her heart sped up. Her hands gripped and released the air without her command. Her whole body twitched. Finally, it all felt normal again, though she seemed to be stronger and more alert.

"Can you hear me?"

"Uhh....yeah?"

"Good. Now let's see how you walk."

Yearling's body began to move. She panicked as it was not her brain telling her body what to do. As she walked, her body became imbalanced and she fell to the floor.

"Hehe, I haven't done this in a while."

"Which one are you?"

"Magic. The others are simply using you as a transport. Don't worry, I'll get the hang of this again."

"You better." Yearling growled.

"I'll let you have a bit of control. Don't override me though."

Yearling stood straight up. It seemed that Magic was collecting her thoughts or something. The historian began moving again, though this time with more calmness and balance. Maybe this wasn't so bad, Yearling thought.

"No it's not"

"You can read my thoughts too?"

"To an extent. I am controlling your body, I would think such a conclusion would be reasonable."

"Hmph. Just get me out of here."

Yearling opened the door to her room. The long hallway was the only thing that met her. She hadn't walked down this hall for some time and it showed with its new unfamiliar design. Yearling walked down the hall slowly, making sure that she was silent. She probably was on camera though. Yearling looked up to see a camera. Luckily it was facing the other way. The historian placed her hood on and stuck to the wall underneath the security camera.

"What is that device?"

"It's a camera. It shows people stuff. You know, like a watch."

"I see. We better avoid them."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

Yearling made her way down the hall. Posters for Ahuizotl Industries covered the white walls. Posters of ancient artifacts and various reconstructions showed the Industries' products. She could tell that the Bearers were inspecting these things as they did not talk to her. She could feel more freedom in her movements as she went on.

The historian stopped at an opening in the hall. The hall turned into many different office rooms. Industrial sized lights hung from the high ceiling, giving the place a dim blue coloring. This was where the higher ups liked to hang out, Yearling thought. She crouched and continued her way down the right side of the room. On the walls were artifacts enclosed in large glass displays. One such artifact caught Yearling's eye.

"I don't remember that being there before."

The historian gazed upon a set of gray Assassin robes. The set was armored in many places and the silk had elaborate designs. The hidden blades had old pistols underneath them. The sashes and pouches were accurate to what Yearling had seen. The robes looked new. They were not the original robes. The mannequin it rested on bore the appearance of a certain Den Master she had been researching. Yearling's jaw dropped as she gazed at a reconstruction of Octavia Melody.

"But how?"

"What is Octavia doing here?"

"How do they know about her? Caballeron and I are the only ones who know about her. Right? He must have told them."

"I think we should get out of here."

Yearling continued to stare at the plastic Den Master. Her face well too accurate to be merely a coincidence. Her pink eyes, thin lips, angled nose, everything. This mannequin was made with the images collected by the Animus. It was too accurate to not be. Others had been watching her trips in the Animus. They knew what had been going on the past days. Did they know about the Bearers yet? She hoped not.

"Yearling, we must go."

"Fine."

Yearling walked quickly down the room. She kept her eyes on the cameras that dotted the high ceiling. She passed another mannequin. This one was of Vinyl Scratch. She was holding a musket in one hand and placing her mask on her face with the other. Again, the appearance was as accurate as it could get. The mask, the robes, even the small scars on her face. It almost seemed that they were actually there in the flesh.

"This is gettin' creepy."

"They did me also."

Yearling turned to see a mannequin of Twilight. The reconstruction was holding a pistol in each of her hands, aiming straight ahead. Her purple hair blew in a nonexistent wind. Her robes were lavender and had several pistol holster on her hips and on her chest. She had a wild smile on her face and her pose was slightly seductive, with her hip extended out to one side. Next to her was Rarity. Rarity was inspecting her extended hidden blade which was tipped with blood. She was giving the blade a smug look, as if satisfied in its bloody work. Her sapphire eyes and even her make up were all there. Her robes appeared just as Yearling had seen them through the Animus. Over both mannequins was a sign saying "Canterlot Assassins." Yearling slapped her forehead.

"Oh is this what my work is for? Huh? To show modern men how sexy Assassins were back then?"

"Well.....I have to say, I look superb. See Generosity? That's why you should have picked me to come with you to Fancy Pants' banquet."

Generosity's voice rung in Yearling's head. "You still hold that against me? I still do not regret my choice, dear."

"Ugh, let's keep going. I want out of here now."

"Caballeron! If you continue like this, Mr. Ahuizotl is going to be mad!"

Yearling turned at the sound of this. Some woman was talking with Doc. Yearling immediately forgot about what was right next to her. She needed to know what he was up to. She sneaked by a camera and made her way to the woman's voice. The white floors creaked a little with her step. The woman continued to chastise Caballeron.

"Octavia is fine and all, but we need to know about the Elements. They are the first step, the rest will come later."

"Raven, my dear, ugh, I'm trying. Miss Yearling really wants to follow Octavia. I can't refuse her. She deserves that much."

"No, she doesn't Caballeron. I don't know what to tell you. Just, just my her go back into memories, especially the Bearer of Loyalty."

Yearling leaned on a wall right before the the doctor and Raven who she knew as the CEO's secretary. What were they talking about? She stayed put as they talked further.

"Mr. Ahuizotl wants those Elements' power. The Elements seem to refuse everything we give them. They seem dormant, and we need to wake them up. That's why we have the Animus."

Dr. Caballeron sighed. "I realize this. The Animus is tough on Miss Yearling's mind. We can't rush or we might lose her forever."

"That's your job. Quicken the pace, or you're fired."

"I know you don't mean that, my dear."

"Yeah, I don't. You won't be fired, you'll be dead."

Raven walked away. Caballeron stood there and watched her leave. Yearling could tell that the threat was legit. He sighed and placed his hands in his pockets. Yearling felt sorry for him. Was this what he had to go through? His life was on the line? What if they find that I'm not in the room? Will they kill him? She hesitated. Should she leave? She wasn't that far away, maybe she could go back without any problem.

"No, we continue. We need to get to Baltimare."

Yearling felt her body lurch. Magic had taken control again. Yearling walked down a short flight of stairs and into another large room. Pictures lined the walls. Ahuizotl Industries loves to decorate, Yearling thought. One such picture was an old artwork of Lady Sunset Shimmer. Yearling inspected it. Shimmer was holding a book in her hand while she was sitting down a large cushioned chair. She had a long red dress that matched her red and yellow curls. A Templar cross rested on her bosom. Her eyes seemed to look right at Yearling. Under the picture was the Latin phrase, "ipsa scientia potestas est."

"Well, it seems that everyone is getting the celebrity treatment." Yearling moaned.


"Are we lost?"

"No, we still got just a little way to go. Be patient." Yearling assured her.

Yearling walked around a corner. She had been sneaking about for about an hour. She had taken the elevator to the first floor. Surprisingly, that did not set off the alarm. She was finally close to the front exit. The first floor, however, was much more crowded than the others. Ahuizotl employees and guests walked about. They didn't notice Yearling among them. They did not know of her existence in the company, Yearling thought. She casually made her way to the large front doors.

The large front room of the building was filled with Assassin and Templar images. There was a very large poster of Rainbow Dash in a dramatic pose. Her blazing swords were held in a threatening position. The background around her was being destroyed by some unknown force. The poster had the title "Under Loyalty's Flag" over her head. Next to that poster was a similar one of Spitfire, only the title of that was "Templar's Honor." People chatted as they wandered the grand entrance. Ahuizotl Industries no longer looked like a replica making business, but an entertainment studios. Yearling heard an employee dramatically telling a group of young kids about Rainbow Dash, the most feared pirate of the seas.

"They say she could wrestle down 30 men with her bare hands. None could match her skill in battle or her wits in gambling. But that's not all, she even befriended a sea-turtle, one she named Tank. The turtle cruised with her ship at all times."

"Wow, she's awesome." A kid exclaimed.

"All true, all true." Loyalty bragged.

"HEY YOU!"

Yearling turned to see a group of security guards walking over to her. Her heart raced. What to do? What to do? She felt her body move without her. Magic took control and made her run for the exit. The guards yelled and pursued her. She dodged the people in her way. Magic was pulling her body at speeds she did not think she could achieve. Yearling pushed open the door and exited the building.

The guards were quick to catch up with her. The Manehatten sidewalks were covered in pedestrians. Her body ran into the crowd, shoving anyone who was in her way. She wanted to apologize to the people she knocked over, it wasn't her doing it. The guards continued their chase.

"We have to take this to the roofs."

"What? No!"

Yearling ran up to a street pole and climbed it. Once at the top, she jumped from it to a street light that hung over the street. To Yearling's great surprise, her body kept balance and she ran on the poles and lamps. She then jumped on the tops of cars that slowly traveled the Manehatten streets.

"GET BACK HERE YOU!"

"Hmm...Naw."

She cheered as she ran along the roofs of the cars. Every step was perfectly balanced and she felt in one way in danger of falling. The Bearers were making her body parkour in Assassin fashion. She turned and ran back on the sidewalk, hoping to lose the guards in the crowds. Her plan seemed to be working, until a cop blind-sighted her. Yearling toppled to the ground.

"Hold still or you'll have it!" The cop pointed a taser at her.

Yearling rubbed her head. "Now wait officer, nothing's the matter."

"THERE YOU ARE!"

The Ahuizotl guards reached her. They pulled out their batons and pointed them at her. Yearling slowly got up, with her hands up. The Manehatten police officer stepped forward.

"I said hold still!" The cop warned.

"Wait..."

The cop walked over to her. Yearling was on her knees holding as still as she could. The cop grabbed one her arms and brought it behind her back. Her heart started to race again. Suddenly, she twisted herself and flipped the cop over her. The cop pointed the taser at her. She kicked his hand and the taser shot harmlessly into the pavement. The guards charged her. She ducked under a baton and tripped one guard. She grabbed another and twisted his arm, making him let go of his baton. She took the baton and smacked a guard across the face. The cop tried to get up, but she kicked him in the head, knocking him out. She then followed up with a swing at a guard's knee. He grunted and bent over. She jumped and kneed him in the chin. The guard she tripped up grabbed onto her wrist and twisted it. She flipped backwards in the air so that it was him who had the twisted wrist. She then smacked him in the stomach and then in the head. She threw her baton at the neck of the last guard standing. He gagged at the impact. She then ran over and threw him into the pavement, following up with a stomp to his face. She dusted her hands off as she inspected her work.

"That was incredible! I'm incredible!" She yelled.

"Hate to break it to ya, but Magic did most of the work." Loyalty said.

"No I didn't. She did plenty. Not much longer and she'll be as good as a Bearer."

"Oh whatever. These guys are done either way. And I'm free. I'm free to explore again. No more empty room. Haha!"

"Stay on target, Yearling, we must get to Baltimare."

"Oh yeah. Well then, off to the docks!"


"This is the Manehatten docks? Wow, this was where it all began for me...And it's changed so much." Loyalty told Yearling.

"Well, 500 or so years will do that."

Yearling walked along the docks. The sun has high up in the sky as it was early afternoon. The breeze from the Bay blew refreshingly by Yearling's face. The docks were crowded with ships from all over the world. Yearling could see flags from the Crystal Republic and Saddle Arabia. Cranes lifted massive crates of cargo onto the ships. She search around for a craft that would take her to Baltimare. Since she forgot her wallet, she had no money and no name. So buying a passage was out of the question. She had to be a stowaway. As she thought this, the promise of Batlimare seemed further off than when she was in her room.

"Don't sweat it. We'll take a ship if we have to."

"Loyalty, I know you were a pirate..."

"I prefer the term 'rogue privateer.'"

"Yeah whatever. Look at these ships. They're a lot bigger than what you fought." Yearling gestured at an oil tanker.

"If I had that attitude I wouldn't be famous beyond death."

Yearling couldn't argue with that. The fortune of Rainbow Dash was vast. People were still finding ships that she had sunk. Ships much bigger than her Ragnarok. And that 'rogue privateer' was in her head right now. She could handle a few modern sailors right? They couldn't be any tougher than the guards or cops right? Yearling was still unsure about it. Since she had beaten up a policeman already, she probably was wanted suspect. From what she had learned through the Assassins, was that one did not stay in town that knew her face. She considered this as she furthered her search.

"We have to get to Zebrania soon. We have perishables remember? And we have to stop in Baltimare on the way. We have to go soon."

Yearling's ear perked up at this. She turned to see two men in front of a large ship. The men did not seem happy. The historian walked closer to them. Making sure not to attract attention to herself.

"I don't see why we must transport this stuff. They could use the trucks to carry it."

"Remember man, there is way to much stuff to do that. They'll have to get hundreds of trucks to haul all of it. Besides, Zebrania is really far away. It's faster through the sea."

"Fine. When do we depart?"

"As soon as possible. The crew's ready. I'll need to take inventory with the boss one last time. See ya."

One of the men walked away. The other grumbled and began to make his way to the ship. Yearling followed him. The grumbling man walked up the board leading to the deck of the massive ship. Yearling looked around to make sure no one was watching her. She then followed closely behind him. The historian used the massive crates on deck to hide away from the sailors. The sailors of the ship walked around, talking about one thing or another. They did not seem to be doing anything important, except be a nuisance for Yearling.

Yearling made her way to the center of the deck. She was heading for the storage room beneath the deck. She ran from crate to crate, trying to avoid any sailor's eye. She finally made it to the center. There was a massive door in the deck that led to the storage room. Fortunately, it was open for Yearling. She quickly jumped down onto a large crate inside the storage room. She rolled upon contact with the crate to ease the fall on her knees. Then she started to climb down the pile of crates. The storage room was dark and silent. Perfect place to hide from the sailors.

She reached the floor and quickly hid in a dark corner. She sat down and waited. All she needed to do now was wait for them to reach Baltimare. Hopefully fast, Yearling thought, as she didn't have any food with her. She considered stealing food, but she'll have to do that later. She leaned back and quietly sighed, which sounded loud due to her silent surroundings. It had been an exciting day so far. One she never expected to have. She had been in tight places before in tombs and old temples, but nothing like this. This was an adventure, she thought. An adventure that she didn't want to finish.

~

Author's Note:

I call this, my meta chapter.

No, I am not going all AC4 modern story. It's different. Trust me. (I finally got that game to prepare for the upcoming chapters)

Also Yearling gets a whole chapter yay.

-Cheers for That!

PreviousChapters Next