• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,404 Views, 658 Comments

Harmony's Creed - Gapeagle



I am Den Master Octavia Melody. I write these words so that the future generations may remember our endeavors.

  • ...
15
 658
 4,404

PreviousChapters Next
Bearer Chapter: Magic II

Grand Royal Palace, Equestria Empire

4th Imperial Era

"Nice move, won't save you though."

"Please, I'll make a comeback. Just watch."

A young Sunset Shimmer moved her knight forward. The move was unsettling to Princess Twilight. Sunset clearly had a plan. Twilight was winning at the moment, but the girl across from her was not going down without a fight. The young Princess placed a finger on her lips and thought carefully.

"Go on, make your move, Princess." Sunset taunted.

"You can't rush strategy." Twilight responded.

"Please, being quick is a strategy in itself."

"True, but not necessary here."

Twilight moved her pawn forward to free her rook. Almost instantly after she put the pawn done, Sunset made her move. It was so quick that Twilight almost missed it. The red and yellow haired girl had moved her bishop three spaces, putting it in front of Twilight's queen. It was an odd move. The Princess was about to take the bishop out with her queen but halted to see Sunset's own queen guarding the bishop. It was a clever trap.

"Nah uh. I'm not falling for that."

Twilight moved her queen back some spaces to safety. Once again, Sunset's move was instant. The threatening bishop took the rook Twilight had just freed. Twilight huffed and crossed her arms.

"Should of seen that coming."

"Yeah, but you didn't. It something wrong with you today?" Sunset asked sincerely.

"No. Just wasn't focusing. That's all." Twilight rubbed her face and returned to the game. Celestia's student chuckled and rested her chin on her fist, staring at her opponent intently. Sunset would always use such strategies to distract others. Twilight had faced her so many times that she could tune out the girl's tactics. That was until she started snapping her fingers loudly.

"Stop it Sunset! That's cheating!" Twilight yelled in frustration.

"Pfft, it's not my fault you need absolute silence to think." Sunset continued to be a nuisance.

Twilight made her move while grunting. She had moved her queen up in an attacking position. Sunset quickly moved her bishop in front of the queen again.

"You're using the same move twice." Twilight gestured at the board.

"So? It's strategy." Sunset defended herself.

"It's not strategy! You're not even going after my king!"

"I will, I will, but for now, I'll do this." Sunset leaned back in her chair.

Twilight growled in a not-so-princess-like way. She moved her knight up to threaten Sunset's queen. Sunset moved her queen. Twilight took out the bishop. Then a myriad of moves by both sides were made, as the game devolved in strategy and relied on speed and aggression. Many blunders were made on both sides as well. Sunset had the upper hand with the speed factor, but in the end found herself in checkmate.

"Ha! You lose again!" Twilight added salt to the wound.

"Well.....Damn it..." Sunset looked at the board solemnly.

The two girls shook hands. Twilight stretched her arms and stood up. Sunset did the same. They both walked over to the couch in Twilight's room and rested. Sunset took some grapes from a bowl and started to eat them. Her attention turned to the book on the small table beside them. Twilight watched as her friend picked it up and inspected it.

"The Gateway" by Shadow King Sombra. Huh, didn't know you're into that kind of stuff." Sunset said as she read the title.

"It's good, but a little weird I must say. Have you read it?" Twilight asked.

"Huh? Nah. Not yet. Maybe I will, sometime." Sunset put it back down.

"So, have your studies with Aunt Celestia been fairing with you? She has said great things about you." Twilight asked while trying to get comfortable on the cushioned couch.

"Yes. She has been teaching me a lot. Her Highness is very wise. So is Luna of course. But Luna is way more strict than her Sister. She spends most of her time calling me "naive" or "incompetent." I don't know what her problem is."

"Well, Aunt Luna can be hard to socialize with sometimes. She has taught me plenty though. Probably not as much as you. I mean, I can't fight like you or anything, but she calls me smart. I hope to ascend like them one day."

"Good luck with that." Sunset chuckled and popped another grape into her mouth.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened. A butler in elegant garments entered. He checked his watch and fixed his monocle before addressing the two girls. His puffy beige moustache jumped up and down with the air from his mouth.

"Princess Twilight and Lady Shimmer, your presence is requested by Empress Celestia. She wants to see you two immediately. Follow me."

With that, he turned and left. Sunset and Twilight jumped from their seats and chased after him. The halls were no longer lit by the sun as it had fallen under the horizon. Lamps dotted the halls with different colored flames. The Princess and the student caught up with the butler. The butler kept his head high as he walked with a silent step. Twilight tugged his coat to get his attention.

"Kibitz, what is the matter? It's late for Aunt Celestia to call us."

Kibitz huffed before answering. "Hmph, Her Highness did not inform me on why I should retrieve you two, only that it was important."

Sunset and Twilight looked at each other. The student shrugged her shoulders. The Princess rubbed her chin thoughtfully. Kibitz continued to walk ahead of them in silence. Occasionally he would check his pocket watch, but never comment about the time. He was an odd butler that had often gotten on Luna's nerves. Celestia however, had a deep liking for him and had allowed him to be the butler for almost 50 years. At such an age, Kibitz was still in prime condition. No one knew how he kept in such good shape, but many think he had a strict diet.

They turned in the a great hall and entered the Throne Room. Upon entrance, they witnessed Celestia and Luna discussing something. Luna did not look pleased at her Sister.

"Tia, you must understand, I object to what you are about to do. They're not ready. They...They are just girls!" Luna gestured at the group walking up to them.

Celestia placed a hand on her younger Sister. "Luna, they couldn't be more ready. Besides, they will still live here and live with us. I'm not going to send them out into the world."

Luna huffed and stormed off. She was clearly unconvinced by her Sister. Kibitz did not pause when Lady Justice stomped by him. The butler halted before Celestia and cleared his throat.

"Your Highness, I have the Princess and your faithful student."

"Thank you, Kibitz, you may leave us." Celestia told him with her angelic voice.

The butler bowed and left, leaving only the three of them in the Throne Room. Once he left, Celestia smiled at the girls and revealed two embroidered boxes in her hands. One was red and the other was purple. The gold off the boxes shined with the light of the nearby fires. She handed the red box to Sunset and the purple one to Twilight.

"Open them." Celestia said like a caring mother to a child.

They did as they were told. Inside the boxes were similar but different crystal shards. They were translucent and shiny like diamonds. Both of the girls raised their eyebrows. They were not expecting jewelry at such an hour. Twilight smiled at Celestia.

"Thank you, Auntie. They look spectacular."

Celestia chuckled. "They're not jewelry, Twilight."

"Then what are they?" Sunset asked, suddenly intrigued.

"Shards of the Crystal Heart. Twilight, you have Curiosity and Sunset, you have Order. It is time for my Sister and I to give you your own shards, even if she does not agree with it. These will aid you in the future. Now, before you pick them up, there might be some pain involved. Be brave. It won't last. Especially if it likes you. If it doesn't, well then I chose shards that did not fit your true likeness." Celestia held her smile on her lips.

Sunset was quick to take hers out of the box. She held it in her fingers and inspected it. Twilight took hers out carefully. It was smaller than Sunset's, but not by much. Unlike Sunset, Twilight held it in her palm. The shard began to pulse with a deep magenta. Sunset's became a bright red. The shards started to heat up with their touch. They noticed Celestia closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. Sunset's shard began to drill itself into her palm. The student screamed with pain and tried to remove it, but it went deeper and deeper. Twilight watched in horror when her shard did the same. They both wailed in agony at the shards burying themselves into their hands. It wasn't long though, as the shards disappeared under their skin and it was like nothing had happened. Though they were still in pain. Celestia sighed in relief.

"Good. They liked you." She said simply.

"What? What? What did you do?" Sunset panicked. She searched her palm for the shard, but couldn't feel or see it.

"They made their homes in you. They think you'll be worthy of their titles. Do you feel any different?" Celestia asked.

Sunset was the first to answer. "Yeah, I do. It feels....hot. I feel like..."

The student snapped her fingers. Suddenly, a jolt of fire engulfed her hand. She screamed and started to wave it about. Twilight ran over and tried to help. Celestia shook her head slowly and watched. The fire suddenly went out and behold, Sunset's hand was completely unharmed.

"What...?" Sunset uttered weakly.

Celestia giggled and walked over to her. "Haha, I did not expect the shard to give you THAT sort of power. But, I can never predict such things anyway. Order is achieved through flames. It makes everything into a single substance, ash. I guess fire is its true form."

"Power?" Sunset snapped her finger again. A delicate flame wrapped itself around her fingers. She watched it burn nothing.

"Then what did I get?" Twilight asked herself. She snapped her fingers, but nothing happened. Disgruntled, she snapped them again, but to no avail. She concentrated with all her might. A large poof sound echoed in the Throne Room and she found herself in a far corner. Celestia and Sunset looked over at her. Twilight concentrated again and teleported back next to them. Her hair was singed on the edges and her world spun.

"Curiosity allows one to go wherever they want. Clever." Celestia commented.

"Teleportation? Pfft, I got the better. I'm a pyromancer." Sunset boasted and made multiple flames with her hands.

Celestia placed a hand on both of their shoulders. "Now, you two shall get better with your new magic with time. However, you must keep it a secret. Such power is for your protection. We never met at this time. I never gave you these. You don't know what the Crystal Heart is. Alright? Good. You should get some sleep, and try not to burn the Palace down, Sunset."

Sunset ignored her teacher and made the flame in her hand more intense. Celestia rolled her eyes and placed her hand over Sunset's flames, snuffing the fire out. Sunset grunted in annoyance. Twilight giggled before accidentally teleporting across the room again. The student turned and walked away from her teacher, who watched dotingly, as always. Twilight stumbled some before following her friend.

"Wow! Did you ever think we would be able to wield the powers of the Sisters?" Sunset asked gleefully.

Twilight nodded. "Well, to be honest. Yeah. Just not this soon. We must hav----"

"I know. It--------"

"-------"

"Haha! That's gre----"

-----------------

-------------

---

-----------------------

------------------------------------

aphghtipsrjphhgpgkajjapa

tafhafh;ahfalksjfa;j;as'fja'fj'a

asfkjajf;a'afj'a

iefopwihfaopavnekganjgnagbpa

"What's going on?"

"What's happening?"

"Subject 001! Subject 001! Can you hear me?"

"He's in limbo!"

"Get him out of there!"

"The memory, what about the memory? It's incomplete!"

"Forget it! We gotta save him!"

"Wake up!"

"Get him up!"

"I'm trying. The Animus....It's not working."

"Is he lost?"

"Delete him."

"What? So soon? We can still save him!"

"Dr. Caballeron, I advise you to delete Subject 001."

"I won't do it."

"Yes you will. Mr. Ahuizotl will not be pleased if you don't."

"UGH!"

Caballeron mashed the buttons on his tablet. The poor soul in the Animus was unresponsive as he stared at the ceiling above. His eyes were wide open and his mouth was gaping. The Animus glowed a bright blue before the lights faded away. Subject 001's eyes rolled up into his head and gave a final sigh. Caballeron cursed and slammed his fist on the Animus. The other workers in the room back up in fright.

"Dammit! This didn't need to happen. Why Raven? Why?" He yelled at the woman next to him.

"It was the only option we had." Raven adjusted her glasses.

"We shouldn't have forced another contact with the Elements. Yearling could sustain it, not this man. This boy. It didn't need to end like this."

"Dr. Caballeron, it worked. We received memories of past Bearers. I would not say this is a failure. All we need is more people to interact with the Elements. We could piece this mystery before Yearling does."

Caballeron made a deep sigh and ran a hand through his hair. His eyes were still on the unmoving boy. Raven, Mr. Ahuizotl's secretary, kept her arms crossed and stared at him. She tapped her foot impatiently.

"Now, there were successful memories transmitted. What did they tell you?" She asked.

Caballeron turned his head away. He did not want to answer her question.

"Answer me." Raven hissed.

"Fine. It told me that there are more like the Elements out there. They're different, but grant power all the same. There are many more out there." Caballeron told her reluctantly.

"Thank you, Doctor. Mr. Ahuizotl will be pleased to hear this." The secretary said with a smile.

~

Author's Note:

Thought I was done with these huh? Well, guess again!!

PreviousChapters Next