• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,435 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,435

PreviousChapters Next
46 Hurricane by Starfall13

Hurricane
by Starfall13


The chilly wind whipped a mane of blue, pink, and purple. Twilight Sparkle sighed on the balcony built into her tree/library. She had finished reading the books Celestia had assigned her for the day. After organizing the library with Spike for about three hours, she read for a while till that too bored her, which was severely strange. After the baby drake went over to his crush's house, she didn't know what to do with herself. Her ears perked and she turned to see her touch down. Perhaps this was what she was waiting for.

Two icy blue dragon eyes gazed at her in the darkness, "Hello Twilight."

"Nightmare"

"You refuse to have more then a two minute conversation with me and I want to know why", said the black alicorn with a slight bit of aggravation. Patience didn't seem to work into her mindset today. She wanted to figure out why Sparkle never seemed happy when she came out to see her.

Twilight's eyes went wide for a second before she went back to the totally fake, cold facade that didn't seem to fit her, "I have n-nothing to say to you." Applejack would have smelled the lie from a mile away but Nightmare Moon was not the Element of Honesty. Maybe the Element of Magic still felt a bit uneasy around her. Even though she liked stargazing, she preferred not to do it for the rest of her life. No, she didn't hate her, sort of fear her? Well sadly that might be true.

In a flash the lavender mare found herself pinned to the ground. Hair made of constellations frantically flowed like rushing rapids. Armor gleamed in the moonlight. Lightning echoed out of nowhere, Luna and Nightmare probably enjoyed the crack of it in their ears. Her eyes glowed white and she shouted in a deafening volume, "THOU WON'T IGNORE US ANY LONGER! THOU WILL FACE OUR WRATH FOR GIVING US THE COLD SHOULDER!"

Almost automatically, the unicorn's ears pushed against her head in a desperate attempt to keep their ability to function. It was a wonder that the dead had not awoken hungry for brains. Also the poor balcony now had its own hoof-shaped indent. Any birds living in the tree quickly soared out including Owlicious who eyed the scene before going wherever owls go. A pinpoint of light started growing brighter and bigger on the tip of a black horn, aimed at the trapped chest of the one who wronged her. However, the blow never hit the target. Magenta eyes opened, glanced up confused, and in less then a second the owner of them was free to move.

The tall pony turned away, teeth gritted, water forming in her own vision. Nightmare Moon tried to will away the sign that she had emotions. In her head Nightmare called herself a wicked pony, not getting that she was just craving for one emotion all ponies want. Her mane was slowly returning to its normal speed, but at the rate she was grinding her fangs, she would have to gum her food for the rest of her enternal life. Oh right, a mortal, she was bawling in front of a mortal. That only partially got through to her. A hoof pulled her towards the magical being that she just didn't want to see right now.

No words were spoken about the alicorn of shadows who was blubbering like a filly. That was one thing the "alicorn of shadows" was grateful for. Twilight looked at her, studying her like a tome. Crying? This hadn't been what she expected from her. Maybe she had forgotten that old saying about judging a book by its cover. When purple lips spoke, "I don't know what to think about you. You visit every night just to try and talk to me. Maybe you just want a friend. Is that what you want?"

"Wanting got me nowhere but the Moon. I wish for what I can't have", answered the ageless mare regretfully. The Nightmare's own ears splayed back, "This was stupid, Lets just forget we ever spoke" She got ready to take off, all of her confidence was smoldering ash. What was the point in trying to make friends or something more? Obviously she was just wasting her time and Twilight's as well. A tug at her tail halted her flight. She was spun around and met with a kiss.

Twilight Sparkle sheepishly smiled with a cute blush, "Stay please, Spike is over at Rarity's and I can't stand to be alone tonight." The unicorn giggled, "I guess having friends can rub off on you." Actually the unicorn had no idea why she had kissed this pony and how the alicorn would react. Somehow she wasn't over thinking any of it.

This pony in front of her was lonely but lovely. Her black coat looked and felt like silk. While they would have to discuss about the battle gear she was adorning, it was elegant in its own right. Her eyes were cerelean, a stunning color trying to fight for dominance in the black of the night. That was about all she had, adjectives made everything sound so much better.

On Nightmare's end, she was plain shocked. Staring blankly while she tried to respond or remember how to. This pony had just stolen a kiss from her. Surely this mare was out of her skull. The waterworks started up again but she was hushed by Twilight, "No more of that."

After a minute or two of sniffling and cooing, all was silent. The dark mare was wordlessly pulled into the bedroom. She stared at tiny basket on the floor where said baby dragon most likely slept till her attention drifted back to the unicorn. Soon after much persuasion from Miss Sparkle she climbed into bed. Warm, it was warm under the sheets. She draped a wing over her lover or whatever she was because she was still kinda lost on where they stood. The small pony was the little spoon and the mare of night was the big one.

"Goodnight, Nighty", yawned Twi. Grinning at the tiny bit of red she saw dusting black cheeks.

"Goodnight little spark", whispered Nightmare who carefully gave her a minuscule nip on her ear with her fangs. The purple mare almost purred.

Twilight was snuggled up with her love. For once sleep came as quick as Rainbow Dash. Twi loved this pony who brought her together with her friends even if it wasn't on purpose. Even if her Nighty could get as angry as a hurricane, she was sure she could tame the storm.

PreviousChapters Next