• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,428 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,428

PreviousChapters Next
102 Fever by Noctus Noxia

Fever
by Noctus Noxia


Her head thundered. Twilight laid in her bed, her forehead drowned in the pillow. Her ears twitched and her wings laid feeble over the edges of the bed. It was a cold night, but for Twilight it was awkwardly warm. She felt uncomfortable and uneasy. The mare's throat was dry and the whole world was a blur.

"Twilight, you really look dreadful", found Spike. Her faithful assistance had spend the whole day with cooling her forehead and giving her bitter tasting tea. He laid his claws on her skin and mumbled shocked: "You are glowing!" He withdraw his paw. "Twilight, you have fever!" The Alicorn looked up at her friend's face.

"Not only any fever", she whispered and her glance directed itself towards the moon in the sky. It was full, a huge, silver coin. "I have Full Moon Fever", she added urgently.

Spike scratched his head. "Full Moon Fever?", he repeated, "I have never head of it. Are you sure it is not just a flu?"

Twilight furiously shook her head. "No", she panted, "It is Full Moon Fever."

Spike looked at her as if he doubted her. Maybe the fever had taken away Twilight's senses. "Sure?", he responded. The Alicorn coughed and her head jerked forwards. "Full Moon Fever", she repeated, "I am sure."

The moon began to glow. Winds pull at the carpets and the window banged against the wall. Twilight lifted her head and her eyes widened. What is going on? "Spike", she said slowly and sat up, "Get out of the room."

"But....!", he protested.

"I said, get out!", snapped Twilight furiously, "Fetch help!" The dragon pressed his claws on his head and sprinted out of the room, his tail wobbling.

The Alicorn watched smoke appearing in front of her. It shapeshifted and became a large, black mare, cladded in silver armor. Her cyan eyes gleemed pleased and her mane shivered around her.

Twilight put her ears back and furrowed her brow. "Nightmare Moon", she hissed. The mare tried to look fierce, but another cough made her tumble, "How did you get in here and what do you want?"

Nightmare Moon smiled caringly and caressed her cheek with her mane. "Oh, poor Twilight", she whispered with a smooth voice, "You summoned me here. Full Moon Fever is something my kind react to. Usually another Nightmare Force would come, but when I recognised your voice, I decided to take care of you in person."

"And how can you help me?" Suspiciously Twilight watched Nightmare Moon's mist-like tail and mane, wrapping itself around her neck and ankles and pushing her towards the mare of darkness. A snout nuzzled her and she felt the tip of a wet tongue on her neck.

Nightmare replied: "I can cure you, but I want something in exchange."

"And what?", grumbled Twilight.

The dark mare turned her chin towards her and smiled. She breathed: "A kiss."

Well, what do I have to lose? Twilight leaned forward and kissed Nightmare Moon on the lips. Their kiss was soft as if it was the first one. Nightmare Moon tasted bitter like peppermint and something seemed to sting Twilight's skin. Thousands of tiny moths.

Their horns touched. Nightmare Moon closed her eyes. Her horn flared. Twilight felt a cool prickle on her forehead. The fever was gone.

They separated. "Thanks", mumbled Twilight and blushed, "I think."

Nightmare Moon jerked her head upwards and chuckled. "It has been a pleasure, Twi." Her wings opened and she shot back into the nightsky. Twilight placed her cheek on the sims and thought, if one could summon Nightmare Moon with Full Moon Fever, she wanted to get sick more often.

PreviousChapters Next