• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,393 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,393

PreviousChapters Next
85 Moral by auramane

Moral
by auramane


Moral;

Noun:

Principles or habits with respect to ethically right or wrong conduct.

------------------------------------------------

Twilight's face soured as she stepped up towards the edge of the pit. She peered down into the depths, straining her eyes for any hint of a bottom. There was nothing. Just like the last 12 times she had looked.

No pony truly knew if Tartarus had a bottom.

She sighed, and once again, turned away from the edge and trudged back.

With a groan of frustration, she slumped onto the ground and affixed it with a tired glare. After a few moments, she shook her head and turned her gaze to the black box hovering above her head, wrapped in her sparkling aura. She glowered at it.

"All your fault," she grumbled, pushing herself to her hooves. The box hovered above her, almost mocking her indecision.

She rubbed her eyes and grimaced.

What should I do? Luna doesn't even know I have her, Princess Celestia told me to get rid of her. The essence of this monster is right here, and I could remove her forever!

But...

Could I really do that? To anypony?

Whatever she may have done or wants to do, she is still a sapient creature. Can I condemn her to an eternity of imprisonment, no hope of change, freedom or reprieve?

Would it even be eternity? She is technically an alicorn, but she's just a consciousness, not a full pony... An interesting question—

—Focus. Not the time.

Celestia has always been adamant about not doing harm. It's why she never taught me any combat magic. Why would she want me to do this? I suppose I'm not really harming her technically, but still...

—wait, could this be some kind of test? Maybe she doesn't actually want me to do it, she wants me to show compassion! That must be it, she would never ask me to do this to anypony, no matter their crime!

But maybe she's testing something else.

My resolve? My loyalty? It... doesn't really seem like her. The princess wouldn't really make me do this, would she?

Twilight groaned and shook her head. It was too much, there wasn't enough information.

It just doesn't feel right.

She grit her teeth and stormed back up to the edge of the pit, the box following behind her. She stood resolutely on the lip, gazing down one final time into the black depths.

I have to make a choice.

PreviousChapters Next