• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,435 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,435

PreviousChapters Next
4 Balcony by Knight of Lycaeus


Under the glow of the full moon perched high in the sky, the late hour ensured the streets of Ponyville were quiet and empty of its usual liveliness. The calm silence was broken by an inky shadow that passed through the beams of moonlight to land before an awe inspiring tree created from shining crystal, this, the home of the newest Equestrian Princess was like the streets, quiet and still.

The inky shadow reformed to the shape of a tall mare whose feathered wings were shaped similar to those of a bat, a long horn protruded from her forehead its tip gleaming with razor sharpness; her form encased in full battlegear of pale blue. Her teal eyes lifted upwards towards the overhanging balcony that led into the personal chambers of the resident Princess.

“Oh Twilight, Twilight” she called out in a silky tone out while weaving a small spell to ensure that only her intended recipient would hear her so as to not awaken the citizens of the small town. “Wherefore art thou Twilight?”

Her call was answered mere moments later by an irate alicorn of lavender colouration. Her purple eyes were glaring deeply at late night intruder. “Nightmare, it is well past midnight!” She too had woven the same spell to keep the words between them but her volume was still effective to the Nightmare’s ears. “What’s worse is you quoting from a well-known romantic scene from one of the playwright Spear Shaker’s plays and in the completely wrong way!”

Her intruder merely gave a sly smile, “Should such minor details be imposed upon matters of the heart? For what other ways is there to claim another’s heart but with the recitation of words from a master?”

The mare on the balcony growled, “With your own words. Which is not an invitation to start! I told you I have no interest in looking for a coltfriend or marefriend!”

With no flicker of light the onyx coated mare vanished only to appear once more by the irated alicorn whose glare merely intensified. “Oh? No interest whatsoever? Was the invitation for the play a lie then?” Her wing outstretched and gently began caressing the other mare. “Is it not customary for courtship to begin with events such as those?”

Raising her own wing she brushed away the onyx wing, “Perhaps in your time but it was to allow you to catch up on things you’ve missed over the millennium. Luna was banished centuries before this play was written and it seemed to be a good starting point. Besides battlegear does not fit that play in the slightest, your appearance is more suited to be in Wagner’s play as a Valkyrie.”

“Perhaps I am a Valkyrie” Nightmare purred, “It was the custom for one to be the dominant in the courtship, the stallion who would protect his mare.” Closing the gap to face the peeved Princess in the eyes, “Perhaps for the relationship of two mares there is one mare is the protector.”

“Just leave!” Breaking contact with the visitor intent on reclaiming what sleep had been robbed from her by this late night encounter.

To this the Nightmare reappeared once more in front of the Princess and pounced. A full deep kiss the Nightmare gave, the Princess startled yet made no move to leave its embrace. Instead she chose to deepen the kiss yet even as she did she felt the soft lips leaving her. “No hesitance have I sensed, that kiss you certainly enjoyed. You can’t fight this my dear Twilight.” purring out a final message before vanishing altogether. Behind she had left a Princess dazed and now unsure of the depths of her feelings for her once enemy.

PreviousChapters Next