• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,392 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,392

Chapters Next
1 Armor by TheWraithWriter


Nightmare-Moon could be called many things. Maniacal, manic, monstrous, psychotic, impulsive, obsessive, brooding, dark, sexy, fat ass.

Those last two she actually had been called quite recently. The ever cheery and pro-organization Twilight had called her sexy. That had made her blush. The ever snacking and hypocritical Celestia had called her fat ass. That had made her blush as well.

Have you looked behind yourself lately, Celestia? Wait, there’s no point because you cannot even see behind yourself. Nightmare thought with a smirk. Which was quickly turned into a frown. Why couldn’t I have thought of that earlier?

Nightmare sighed. Stupid Celestia, calling my rump fat, when it is she who possesses the fattened behind. Stupid Twilight, calling me sexy, making me blush in front of stupid Celestia. Her frown deepened as she looked down and realized she was polishing her own hoof instead of her breastplate. Stupid trivial things distracting me.

Obsessive was the one they liked to whisper now, the ones that weren’t Celestia or Twilight. So what if she would go into her tower, spending all day in there, polishing her armor? She needed to be presentable!

“I am not obsessive,” Nightmare said to the air as she placed the breastplate aside and picked up her helmet, beginning to give it its fifth coat of polish.

“You keep talking to yourself and ponies will start calling you crazy,” said a voice from a corner.

For all her insistence on being unshakable, Nightmare jumped. She rounded on the source of the voice, horn lighting up as she prepared to smite the intruder.

But the magic died down once she realized it was only Twilight. “Oh, hello,” Nightmare said, turning away from Twilight and back to her task.

“Is that all I get? ‘Hello’?” Twilight asked in mock offence.

“Hello, Twilight,” Nightmare said, giving the purple pony a little smile to indicate she wasn’t really upset.

“Hello, Nighty, how are you this fine pre-dawn?” Twilight said as she trotted over to the larger mare.

Nightmare blushed at the mention of her pet name, but then tilted her head at Twilight’s words. “Pre-dawn? I worked through the night?”

Twilight nodded. “Yep. Again.”

Nightmare frowned. “I am sorry, Twilight. We had a date, yes?”

Twilight shrugged. “It’s alright, you can make it up to me next time.” she looked over Nightmare’s set of armor, all laid out on the floor before the alicorn. “Your armor looks good. All nice and polished.”

“No,” Nightmare said as she picked the helmet up again. “It needs another polish.”

Twilight’s next smile looked pained. “Nighty… have you even considered going outside without your armor on?”

“Of course I have.”

“And?” a bit of hopefulness there.

“It was a foolish idea that was quickly discarded to make room for better ideas.”

Twilight’s smile fell. “Nighty… I think it would be better if you stopped hiding inside this metal skin of yours.”

Nightmare stopped her polishing and looked to Twilight. “Hiding? Do you mean to imply I live in fear of something and must hind from it? I am the Mistress of Nightmares and I-”

Nightmare’s speech was cut short by Twilight pressing a hoof to her lips. “I know Nighty, I know. But you told me you were unhappy the nobles and commoners seemed afraid of you.”

Nightmare pushed Twilight’s hoof away. “But I mean them no harm! They are simply too-”

Twilight put her hoof back where it was. “I know that, Nighty, but some ponies have a little trouble understanding that when you insist on being dressed in full battle armor all the time.” Twilight sighed and removed her hoof. “Tomorrow, for me, will you leave all this here and just walk around with me?” Twilight asked softly. “Luna and Celestia can be there too, if it would help.”

Nightmare frowned. “I would prefer it if I was not strutting around naked and venerable. But for you, Twilight? I will try it.”

Twilight smiled. “Thank you. I can practically guarantee you’ll like the gardens more without lugging around all that metal all day.”

“Perhaps, Twilight,” Nightmare said, looking at her helmet, a small smile forming on her muzzle. “Perhaps.”

Author's Note:

Our first entry! WOOOOOOOO!

Chapters Next