• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,430 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,430

PreviousChapters Next
65 Dissident by Knight of Lycaeus

Dissident
by Knight of Lycaeus


“I promise to you that I shall use just a single lightning bolt and that will be all.” Nightmare said.

Twilight who was sitting next to her sighed, “Nightmare, you’re not hurling lightning in any number against the Diarchs.”

Nightmare snorted, “Why not? The lone bolt would not kill them, it would not even faze them either. For me to achieve even a minor injury there would need at least a dozen. Perhaps more would be better.”

Twilight resisted the overwhelming urge to facehoof and calmly informed Nightmare, “Regardless of how many of these hypothetical lightning bolts you want to hurl at the ruling government, the point remains is that we don’t need the populace to form a lynch mob…. again.”

Nightmare was unfazed by Twilight’s implied threat, “Lynch mob, is that what you called that ramble? The gathered Ponies barely qualified as a small group not to mention that the use of pitchforks and torches are not particularly threatening.”

Twilight began to pace hoping it would achieve the effect of keeping her calm, “Look we’ve worked hard to help your public image so that the public won’t want to have you imprisoned or banished for past crimes. So please no overthrowing the current government, no matter how much you disagree with them.”

“Perhaps if I was treated with proper respect as due for my station,” Nightmare growled with increasing volume.

Twilight stopped pacing and looked at the growling Alicorn, “Is that what this is all about? Look I’ve explained to you that you already have a following, a dedicated one at that. Second, Ponies don’t know the old deities any more so they don’t worship them I know you’re upset about that but you could go be a Goddess to the Lunar Ponies who still revere you as one. That’s one title Celestia and Luna don’t hold claim to.”

Nightmare stopped growling, “Fine. They do not have that title because both of them refuse to bear it but I shall continue to bear it proudly!”

Twilight sighed again, “Again, as I explained earlier. You’re immortal deity from around the time of Creation, Luna and Celestia are significantly younger than you.”

Nightmare smiled but Twilight quickly interjected, “And no, that doesn’t give you authority over them, Equestria is their nation to rule, it is a different thing from what you used to rule.”

“Fine, but are there any means for me to do something to them?” Nightmare asked.

Twilight tapped her chin before smiling, “You know there is one. I sure you remember Celestia’s little prank on you.”

“Oh, you mean that little jest, the little trick?”

Twilight nodded, “Yes. Small tricks, pranks should be fine. Perhaps you could get revenge on Celestia that way.”

Nightmare grinned, “I believe I may have some ideas.”


What Twilight did not know at the time is that she inadvertently ignited the spark to a mass prank war that would engulf Canterlot for the next month. Unfortunately a victor has yet to be agreed upon.

PreviousChapters Next