• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,430 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,430

PreviousChapters Next
8 Rose by ShinyMoon

Rose
by ShinyMoon


“Nightmare? Nightmare?” yelled a lavender alicorn as she roamed the halls looking for said goddess. Twilight had already searched the throne room, the bakery and the baths (she knew how much Nightmare Moon loved to take long showers.)

Twilight was getting a tad tired from searching for Nightmare, having been up all night working on a few new spells, she didn't get much sleep. She was surprised when she awoke to see her lover not still asleep beside her. Nightmare Moon wasn't known for being an early riser. This only made it hard for Twilight to wake her up.

Sighing, Twilight trotted further through the halls intent on finding where the mischievous alicorn was hiding. She ended up in the Royal Gardens, the only place she hadn't thought to look.

As she walked through the maze, she came across a secret passage. Peeking inside, Twilight saw the onyx coat of the person she was looking for, huddled over something that seem to enrapture her. If she weren't so taken with whatever it was, she would've heard Twilight come in.

“Nighty? What are you doing all the way back here? And what’s that in your hooves?” asked Twilight, very curious as to what was going on.

“T-Twilight?! W-What are you doing in here?” Nightmare stammered, startled at Twilight's sudden appearance. Her muzzle now bright red from hearing the lavender alicorn’s nickname for her. Her black coat wasn't so good at hiding blushes. Actually, it only made them even more pronounced.

“I was looking all over the palace for you, only to find you here. I didn't know you liked flowers, Nighty,” said Twilight.

“I...don’t actually like flowers,” came the meek reply. Unusual meekness for the proud and frightening Queen of Nightmares.

“Then why are you in the garden?” Twilight’s curiosity started to get the better of her. Realizing this, Nightmare Moon knew she couldn't hide it from her any longer.

Turning around so that her front was now facing Twilight, Nightmare revealed a very unique rose in her hooves.

Twilight gasped at the rose. It was gorgeous, exotic and breath taking all together. The petals were onyx and appeared to be moving like the ethereal manes of the princesses. Inside the onyx petals were miniature stars, surrounded by what looked like miniature galaxies and the milky way. The stem was wispy but it did not bend from the weight of the flower, instead it added an air of grace to the already elegant flower.

“It was meant for you, as a gift for being such a kind and loving pony. For helping me integrate into society, even though that process took some time. It took me months to grow this, having to ensure that there was enough energy so it would grow and blossom, flourish you could say. Too much energy, and the rose would literally explode; but too little, and it would wither and die instantly. I wasn't sure if you would like it-” Nightmare’s rant was cut off as she heard sobs above her.

Raising her head, she saw Twilight with tears pouring from her eyes.

“D-Do you not like it?” Nightmare asked, fearing the answer.

“What’s it called?” sobbed Twilight, hardly getting any words to come out.

“A Nebula Rose,” was Nightmare’s response before Twilight threw herself into her lover’s hooves. Sobbing harder, truly flattered that someone would do something like this for her.

“Thank you, thank you,” whispered Twilight, “I love you so much.”

Hearing this, Nightmare’s eyes widened, never had someone said they loved her. Her own eyes began to swell from the declaration.

“You’re welcome,” she paused, ”...and I love you too.”

PreviousChapters Next