• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,434 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,434

PreviousChapters Next
50 Dat Ass by Toratchi888

Dat Ass
by Toratchi888


Twilight Sparkle stood in her kitchen. Bright afternoon sunlight streamed in, framing her visitor: A large, void-black alicorn, who would have been immediately recognizable to anyone in Ponyville despite being shorn of her armour.

Said black alicorn—Nightmare Moon—was at that moment seated on her haunches, using one of Twilight’s better cushions (let it not be said Twilight was a bad host; she had many books on etiquette), sipping tea.

Nightmare sipped tea rather like Luna sipped tea—eyes closed, teacup floating daintily just to the right of her muzzle, a thimble-full of good cream swirled delicately to mix—and Twilight swung her body to face the door, grinding her teeth as she considered this tea-drinking fact.

Of course, surely, Nightmare Moon must have known how this would infuriate Twilight Sparkle: Twilight was famous friends with Princess Luna, having helped her reclaim civil interaction with the pony-folk; Princess Luna returned the favour by aiding Twilight in her stargazing, and always brought the best tea to keep them warm at night.

And now, to imply that Nightmare Moon had been watching Twilight Sparkle for months, and was Twilight’s friend, and that Luna was something more than just a friend, and that Nightmare Moon wanted to be something more

“Let me get this straight,” Twilight hissed.

“You tried to bathe the land in eternal night.
“You banished Princess Celestia for a night.
“You tried to hurt me and my friends, and scared us witless in the Everfree Forest.
“You tried to destroy the Elements of Harmony.
“You laughed at our pain.
“You’ve been following me for months, watching me—”

Twilight swung her head around just as Nightmare Moon brought her tea to her lips, one eye closed, one eye peering appraisingly at Twilight’s dock.

Twilight’s mouth dropped open, blood rushing to her face and her snout scrunching as her eyes narrowed in fury. Twilight spun about, glaring into Nightmare Moon’s one open eye.

“And now you want to be my marefriend?!”

“Hey, Twilight?” Spike poked his head into the kitchen doorway. “There’s a customer—”

A flash of purple light, and Nightmare Moon’s teacup smacked into Spike’s face and perched on his snout. He reached up a clawed hand, carefully gripped it by the handle, and lifted it off his face before he slipped out of sight.

* * *

Spike heard Nightmare Moon say something, too quietly to decipher, but—

* * *

“THAT IS THE MOST ASININE THING I’VE EVER HEARD!”

* * *

Purple light burst through Golden Oaks Library like an explosion. Violet-black smoke billowed throughout the tree, sending the single patron—Colgate—galloping out the door. Spike cradled the teacup as he hid on the lowest bookshelf.

* * *

After a few minutes, Spike poked his head into the kitchen again, teacup still clutched in his clawed hands.

Twilight Sparkle sat in the kitchen, panting, eyes crossed, stroking her tail as it wrapped around her. On the other side of the table, burned into the floor: Twilight’s Cutie Mark.

A lone black feather spun lazily above the scorched wood.

* * *

Nightmare Moon blinked, and peered around. Barren grey rock stretched as far as her eyes could see. Stars twinkled above her and over the horizon.

She pawed the ground, and stared over the horizon at a blue-and-green orb hanging in the void, far away but clear to her sight. For a long time, she contemplated the spectacle in silence.

As the veil of night slid across the face of Equestria, she voiced but one thought:

“I wonder which part of ‘Twilight, you are charming and have a beautiful tail; I love you; be mine’ she found asinine…”

PreviousChapters Next