• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 7,435 Views, 591 Comments

Full Moon Fever: A MoonLight Prompt Collab - TheLastBrunnenG



Sundown and Midnight, Stars and Moon, Magic and Dark Dreams

  • ...
30
 591
 7,435

PreviousChapters Next
33 Seven Deadly Sins: Envy by Knight of Lycaeus

Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
by Knight of Lycaeus


A silent watcher that’s what I am and it seems that is all I would ever be. I have been watching her for years and even Luna’s ‘cleansing’ of me only weakened me. Fools! These foolish ponies believe that I am gone from this world! I am a Goddess! Those foolish ponies see their those insignificant Sisters as their leaders, it disgusts me. What power do they have? A pittance compared to mine! Not even that Solar mare would last beyond her end, but I will endure and I have endured. I who was once worshipped by all and even now with many of my followers gone I am still worshipped by those who live in the dark as their Goddess. I am not so easily destroyed even by the Elements of Harmony. I sighed. I am one of the oldest beings on this sphere, I was here long before Luna and her sister was….

It seemed so easy; I would use Luna as my host to reclaim my lost physical form and assert my dominance once more, to step outside of the shadows again and to be worshipped as I once was. To be worshipped again as the Dark Goddess, the Harbinger of Nightmares, the true Goddess of the Night. I sighed again, the feeling of anger I was familiar with but envy I was not! It was a feeling only those lesser than I should feel. Yet here I was a silent observer filled with anger and envy, envious of those fine shrines and monuments to their pathetic rulers while mine laid in ruin Where was the proper respect that should have been accorded to me as a true Goddess? Gone! My followers dead or scattered, now my only worshippers remaining are those who adhere to the old ways. I had so few followers remain….

Silently growled even as hopped from perch to perch following her along, continuing to think of my glorious plan. The plan to restore myself to my former glory seemed so easy then she stepped in. I had spied upon her from afar during the nights I sent a splitter of my power from the Moon. A small filly and student to the Princess had certainly piqued my interest. Yet as I observed her, she seemed so unremarkable. It was not until I witnessed her might in the mystical arts did she intrigue me again. What power! What strength!

Anger welled up in me even as I followed her on silent wings, stalking her as a hunter stalks its prey. She could have been mine yet I could not have her! Even when I Walked her dreams and placed myself as her object of affections she spurned me, she spurned me time and time again. She held out against my spells of compulsion, my generous temptations, she had out against the finest gifts I could offer and she spurned me!

Here I was the eternal silent watcher while a storm of violent emotions rages in my heart yet even as these emotions raged I could only give her respect. Respect for so few dared to ever disobey my desires and even fewer lived for doing so. Respect for her strength and fortitude for withstanding against the temptation of a Goddess. I was filled with rage and anger at her paramour; she was an ageless alicorn who chose a mere mortal as her lover! She spurned me, a Goddess, for a mortal! If she was mine she could have true immortality, true power and yet she spurned me.... I should not have feelings of envy, yet I could hold nothing but that feeling, I could feel nothing but envy for the mortal who captured her heart. I may have patience and eternity on my side but it seems she would never be mine….

PreviousChapters Next