• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 2,058 Views, 36 Comments

Goodbye is not farewell - Twilove



One thing can change everyones life, and an egg had changed mine

  • ...
4
 36
 2,058

Goodbye is not farewell - Part 8 (Final)

The next day had come quite quickly. I wanted to give Twilight’s gift after school, so I had been very eager to get out of school that day. Sadly, my teacher thought differently. I had been writing in my diary again, stupid. I really thought he hadn’t noticed, stupid. Well, that was detention, again stupid.

It was quiet at detention. Unfortunately, Arthur was there too, though I had no idea why. The teacher had just left for a moment to do something. I wasn’t really paying attention so I hadn’t heard him quite well. The clock was clicking slowly and boringly. I was just as bored as it, this was annoying. I wanted to go home to give Twi my gift. Damn it!

“Hey Anna” I looked behind me, Arthur again. We were the only one in the classroom right now. I had my diary safely in my bag, so he couldn’t get to that.

“What did you do to get here?” He asked. I shrugged. “Writing…” I said casually.

“Gloom?” “Gloom” He looked at me understanding. Let’s ask him a question.

“What did you do then?” He smirked, it made me shiver. Partly in a bad way, but also in a good way strangely.

“Nothing” He said. I cocked an eyebrow. What did he mean?

“What?” He laughed. “I did almost nothing. When I heard you got detention I cursed at Gloom and I knew he would send me too detention too” He said still smirking widely. I gulped. Why did he do that? “Why?” “I wanted to talk” He said, this time more seriously. “About what?” He grinned again, but just as he wanted to talk again Gloom walked in.

“Mayline, get back to your seat!” He said as he saw Arthur almost next to me. He obeyed and sat back in his seat.
After that nothing had happened really, so I went home as fast as I could. When I did I couldn’t wait to give Twilight my present. I ran upstairs quickly and grinning I went inside my room. As I did I saw Twilight pacing back and forth.

“Hey Twi!” I practically yelled. She looked up at me and grinned from ear to ear. I hugged her and held her tight to my chest. I didn’t think of anything else at that moment and enjoyed her warm presence in my arms. When I backed up I walked to the chest I had hidden the present in. Twilight looked at me eagerly, she couldn’t wait eager.
Right at the moment I had grabbed the bag, I heard a loud bang downstairs. Twilight looked at me.

“What was that?” She asked. I didn’t know. “Let’s find out” She said, I nodded. It was unusual to hear a loud bang at my home. We were heading downstairs as I heard my mother yell.

“Get out of my house!” I heard her yell.

What was happening? I looked at Twilight as she looked at me, when we neared the door it suddenly flew open and showed a herd of scary looking men. This wasn’t good, they had seen Twilight too!
My face went pale as they neared me and I backed away as quickly as I could. Unfortunately, the stair was right behind me, so I tripped and fell on my back. The bag with the gift was still in my hand as I fell. Twilight was just behind me, planning to attack at any moment. She would protect even if it would cost her her life. And I would do the same for her.

I stood up, released the bag and grabbed Twilight, running through the crowd of men quickly. I wasn’t tall, so I could get past them easily. I saw my mom being held by some guys, they said they wouldn’t hurt her as long as we would give the ‘alien’ to them. Alien? Did they mean Twilight? I didn’t have much time to think as I ran out of my house with Twilight safely in my arms. I wouldn’t let her go, she was my daughter after all.

After a while of running I found myself close to Nickita’s home, where Arthur lived too. I saw him, walking down the road casually. I had no one to go to, to ask for help, so I didn’t have a choice but to ask him.

“Arthur!” I yelled. He turned around and looked at me weirdly as he saw the unicorn in my arms. As I catched up to him I decided to tell him everything on the way out of town. He had to help me. I had no one else.

“Please, you have to help me.” I said as I catched my breath, but I didn’t have much time as I heard the men come closer, following me close behind. Arthur’s eyes widened from shock as he saw them too.

“Alright, come with me” He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him.

We ran as fast as we could to get out of town, we didn’t talk though, so I had to tell him the story a different time. He held my left hand as I held Twilight close to me with my right. I didn’t want to lose her, she was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

Out of town there was a small forest, so we ran in there and hid in the bushes. We catched our breath quickly. I noticed he still held my hand.

“Why were they following you?” Arthur asked as he released my hand and pushed some leaves out of his face. I sighed and held Twilight tighter.

“It’s a long story. I don’t know who these men are or where they come from, but I do know what they want” I said as I looked at the unicorn in my arms sadly.

“What is that?” Arthur asked. I took a deep breath and started telling. It was the second time I told it now. In two days, a new record.
I told him about the meteorite, the egg, what had hatched from the egg and what she was. He looked at me like he saw water burning. I laughed desperately.

“I have no idea where she came from or how it’s even possible, but she’s here now and that makes me happy…” I said smiling warmly at Twilight. Arthur looked at me and then at the unicorn.

“I still don’t understand, though I have to tell you something too” He said as he looked at me seriously. “What is it then?” I asked curious of why he was so serious.

“I’m a brony” My eyes widened. Was he joking? No, that can’t be. Not much know the word ‘brony’ here…

“Really?” I asked stunned. Twilight looked at him too, she hadn’t said anything since the break in of those men.
Arthur nodded and smiled at me. “I have another secret” He said smirking. This time, it was actually quite a nice smirk.

“what is it?” I asked curious. I had no idea what he was talking about right now. He leaned in slightly, but at the moment he opened his mouth, rain poured down on us.

“We have to find shelter” I said as I turned my head away from him. He frowned, but nodded.

“I can help with that” Twilight said. I looked at her. Of course! Magic, that’s always a solution. She focused her magic and created a boll around us, shielding us from the rain. We heard the men again, shouting and yelling at each other. Saying they had to catch the ‘alien’ soon. I gulped. They couldn’t find us, could they? Arthur had noticed my nervousness and slowly covered my hand with his, reassuring me everything would be okay. I looked at him and, as he smiled warmly at me, my face heated up.

“We’re getting closer!” We could hear the men, their footsteps weren’t overheard as we held as quiet as possible. Our breathing was ragged and it wasn’t easy to breath either. The bushes were in our face as we held still. Arthur’s hand still on mine. I ignored it for the time being, because I had other things to think about.

Suddenly something pulled me and Arthur out of the bushes, I had my eyes closed, so I had not seen what it was. I held Twilight tight to my chest as we were pulled out of the bushes. We held still and glared at the one who had pulled us from the bushes. Surprisingly, it was not who we expected it to be.
My eyes widened from shock, but relieve too. Before me was the pony princess herself; Princess Celestia. Next to her was one of my favorite characters from the show, her majesty Princess Luna. This was unbelievable, even more than when I had found and cared for the young Twilight.

“Angela Fayblossom I presume” The princess said, putting us down with her magic. That was what had pulled us out of the bushes, Celestia’s magic. This was just amazing, but in the back of my head I knew what was coming. They had come for Twilight.

I nodded and saw Arthur look at the princess like he saw a ghost.

“You probably already know why we are here” Celestia said. I looked down at Twilight as she looked at me.

“Yes, I think so” I said sadly. This was it, I was going to lose her. Princess Celestia touched me with her horn, she wanted me to remember my time with Twilight. I smiled slightly, at least I could remember her.

Suddenly Twilight jumped out of my arms and spoke. “I don’t want t go! I want to stay with mom!”
Celestia looked at her weirdly. She had called me mom. “Mom?” I smiled and told the princesses my story. Celestia understood and smiled too. Luna, who was next to her, smiled warmly too. This was amazing and sad all together.

“Twi, you have to go. This is not your world…” I said sadly. Twilight looked at me with tears in her eyes. “But I don’t want to! This is my home!” She said. I smiled weakly and shook my head.

“I’m sorry. I’ll miss you, so much” I said as I started crying. Twilight came to me again and hugged me as I hugged back. I held her as close as I could, as if she would disappear when I would let her go. Of course, that was what was going to happen if I let her go. I didn’t want it, but I had too, so I let her go and motioned her to go to the princesses. She shook her head viciously.

“No no no! I don’t want to!” She screamed, running back to my arms. She sobbed in my chest as I had laid my chin on her soft head, avoiding her horn. Her mane was so soft, I would miss it. I would miss everything about her. We cried together as the two princesses looked at each other and nodded.

“Twilight, you can choose to remember everything” Luna said. Twilight looked at her and sniffed.

“Really?” Celestia nodded together with Luna. Arthur just looked stunned, he probably had no idea what was happening. “Let’s go home, Twilight” Celestia said.

Twilight shook her head fast and hugged me again. I sobbed in her manes as I pushed her from me gently. “You have to go, Twilight. This is not your world…” I said crying. Twilight looked at me stunned, but understanding.

“I know… Can’t you go with me?” She asked hopefully. I shook my head, smiling weakly.
This is my world, I don’t belong in yours…” I said quietly. Twilight cried. “I’ll miss you Twi…” I said sadly. Celestia looked at me.

“Do you want me to erase everyone’s memory about Twilight’s existence in this world?” She asked. I thought for a moment and looked at Arthur. “I will erase the memory of them for sure” She said, motioning to the men a couple of feet away from us. They were being held by magic, so that they couldn’t move. They could see us though.
I nodded, it was for the best. “But can Arthur remember?” I asked. Celestia looked at me, then at Arthur.

“It’s not really necessary, princess” Arthur said politely, he really was a brony, he was polite to a pony princess. That proves something.
As I looked at him I knew he wanted to remember. “No, you have to remember. I want you to” I said, smiling at him. He looked at me stunned. Since when was I so nice to him? I don’t care anyway. Tears had strained my face, my make-up was worn on my face. Yes, I wore make-up now, but that doesn’t matter.

“Alright then. You two will be the only ones who will remember Twilight’s existence in this world” Celestia said. Twilight sobbed, sitting on the ground with her face down. I carefully picked her up as she squeaked. I giggled, she had squeaked like that in the series too.

“I’ll miss you Twi.” I said, hugging her tightly again. “I’m so sorry” I said sobbing. Twilight shook her head. “No, don’t be. This is my fate. This had always been my fate. I will miss you too, mama. I’ll always remember you” As I looked at her she said those three words again.

“I love you”

My eyes started to water more, tears streaming down my face.

“I love you too, Twi, I love you too” I said, hugging her again.
Even princess Celestia shed a tear as she looked at us. Luna smiled sadly too. They didn’t want to break us apart, but they had no choice. This was not their world. Twilight belonged in Equestria.

When I released her and put her back down on the ground, I felt an arm around my shoulder. I looked at the side and saw Arthur smiling at me warmly. I didn’t need to be lonely anymore. Even without Twilight.

“Goodbye Twilight. I will always love you” I said as I patted her on the head one last time. Celestia touched Arthur with her horn too, so that he wouldn’t forget about Twilight either.

After that she bowed down to Twilight, who stood proudly on her hooves. She was finally going home. I had always known this day would come. I heard the men scream and yell in astonishment, they had probably never seen a pony princess before.

Celestia touched Twilight with her horn. A big light came from it and in one quick second, everyone was gone. Only I and Arthur were in these lonesome forests. I sobbed as Arthur held me close.

Twilight was gone now, but I had friends again. I had my mother back, I had everyone back again. I even had made a new friend.

Arthur, this was the beginning of a whole new life. Just like two years ago. I have had her for exactly two years. If I didn’t have found Twilight, I wouldn’t know what would have become of my life. I’m 18 now, I was an adult. I was happy and sad all together.

I wasn’t lonely anymore. I was loved.

Goodbye Twilight, goodbye until next time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It had been four years now since Twilight was gone. The first few days, maybe weeks, have been painful, but later it became more bearable. Arthur had stayed by my side the whole time. He had asked me to marry him a few weeks ago. We had started dating after Twilight’s goodbye. I was really glad she had come into my life, but I’m glad she’s in her own world now. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks about me, but I know that she does. She had promised me, and Twilight never breaks a promise.
Jane had been a good friend too. We started hanging out together again. I haven’t seen Nickita and her herd in years now, but I don’t care. Stupid girls. I still hate them. But I don’t care about it anymore. I have new friends now, better friends. I was happy again. I was loved again.
Though, I have never had the change to give Twilight the gift of our two year anniversary, but I had never found it again either. Maybe Princess Celestia had summoned it and taken it with them to Equestria. I don’t know, but I do know that she would have loved it.

Well, that was the last time I had written in my diary. After that Arthur and I got married and had a wonderful life. We don’t have children, yet, but I don’t think about it either. I’m happy as it is now.
As I’m watching the last episode of Friendship is Magic, I noticed something. It was an episode I had never seen before. I didn’t pay much attention to it at first, but after a while of watching I noticed Twilight was slightly different.

It was my gift.

She was wearing a dark purple bandana around her neck with her cutiemark stitched on it.
I smiled brightly, Celestia really had taken my gift and given it to Twilight. I had bought the bandana in a hobby shop together with the right colors of cloth to make the cutiemark. I had worked on it quite a while, so I’m glad she finally has it.
As the episode ends, the last seen shows Twilight, smiling at the public warmly with the bandana loosely around her neck. It was like she smiled to me. Unconsciously I started sobbing a bit. She was finally with her own friends as I was with mine. This was almost the best day of my life.

And it had all started with a meteorite. I wonder though, what had happened with the meteorite?

Well, at least Twi was happy, and so am I.

The end

I really hope you liked it. I'm not good with endings so I hope it doesn't suck to much...
I'll keep writing other stories so stay tuned for more :D

Comments ( 20 )

Good story man that :trollestia: has to come to mess up and set up the story for the end. Good story in all man :scootangel: :scootangel:

464723 thank you :pinkiehappy: and I'm a girl by the way :raritywink:

A girl? Well we needed more uhh pegisisters? Need a shorter term for girl fans...

465092(Sniffle) That was a great story! The best MLD type story I've ever read! :rainbowkiss:

464565 And nah, I'll can just read it when it's out then tell you, if you want. :scootangel:

465728 thank you :pinkiehappy: And that would be alright yes

Awesome:twilightsmile: Make a sequel!!!!!

485700 Not a bad idea, I'll think about it :pinkiehappy:

487567great:twilightangry2::twilightoops::twilightblush::twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::facehoof: you also forgot Luna and Celestia

487733 What do you mean? :rainbowhuh:

:trollestia: and Luna pick up twilight

489205 You mean I forgot to add them as characters? I did that because they only appear once at the end, so they don't have major rolls :moustache:

I read this in school. The only thing keeping me from crying like a baby is My determination not to cry in public.

So fucking good. I love you for making this

571863 Thank you :pinkiehappy: That's so nice to hear :twilightblush:

This is awesome. You should totally consider making a sequel. :twilightblush:

622880 I'm mentioning it. Help me Mother SHE JUST CAN BE NOT THROWN OFF BY EXAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ajsleepy::twilightsmile:

948992 My exams are over now, but I still have other work to do :derpytongue2:
I am already working on a sequel a bit, but it's just one page so it's going to take a while

will there be a sequel??? u said it, but it says u said it about 67 weeks ago, what happened??

the feels bro the feels :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment