• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 2,058 Views, 36 Comments

Goodbye is not farewell - Twilove



One thing can change everyones life, and an egg had changed mine

  • ...
4
 36
 2,058

Goodbye is not farewell - Part 7

The day of our two year anniversary is tomorrow. I can’t wait for Twi’s reaction when I give her the gift. I really hope she likes it though. She’s older now, but she still loves reading. Just like in the series. She’s watching those right now. She loves watching them, she told me. They have about four or five seasons right now. I don’t watch it as often as I did in the beginning. When I had to take care of Twilight, I had stopped watching actually.
Arthur is still acting strangely. Ignoring me and occasionally smiling at me, kindly! Really weird. I decided to just ignore it as much as I can. Nickita and her ‘herd’ hadn’t contacted me in any way anymore. Jane had been coming by occasionally, we’re starting to become friends again. I’m really glad that I finally have even one friend back actually… I still don’t understand why she even apologized, it had all been my fault anyway, but I didn’t pay any attention to it.

I sighed happily as I closed my diary again. Twilight and I were watching the show again. It was the very first episode of season one. Twilight loves this episode together with part two of it. Where she and her friends defeat Night Mare Moon. I’m glad she likes it, that means that she won’t be to sad when she has to go back. Yeah, I think about that a lot lately. She has to go to her own world some day, right? I don’t know…

As the day went on I had to go to school again. It was a Thursday, so sadly, our anniversary would be on a school day again. I didn’t mind it too much though, it wasn’t that I couldn’t be with her, I just had to wait a little longer to give her the present.
The day at school went by normally, like every other school day. Going from class to class and in the breaks I would just sit outside and listen to some music. Only pony music actually. A lot of fan music artist had become even more popular, even getting offers from music company’s too. I loved listening to their songs. As I closed my eyes I drifted away just slightly, quietly singing along the lyrics. There was no one outside, so there was no problem in doing so.

‘So much left to know
So much time to grow
So many mysteries to uncover
Wishing for just one more to discover

Even though other fillies and foals,
Seem bored with books and scrolls,
It fills my heart to expand my mind,
Finding things I never knew I could find
And I have so far to go...
And there's so much left to know

So much beauty to be found
Every precious sight and sound
You can learn so much from the pages of a book
But never forget to get out and look

With your own two wondering eyes
At the sea, the fields, the skies
With friends by my side, I know I'll be on my way
To discovering something new every single day
All together we will grow
For there's so much left to know
To know...


I can feel inside, all my dreams coming true
I know that this is what I'm meant to do
To share what I learn, throughout all the land
I intend to complete what my princess began

She told me once, a long time ago
To follow my heart and continue to grow
To seek truth every day with my very best friends
Then wake up tomorrow and begin again...
I can't wait to begin again...

There's so little that I know...
And I know I still need to grow...
The task I humbly and happily accept
Is to pass it all on, so other ponies won't forget

The magic we all shared
And how much we learn to care
The joy of learning and laughing together
I know our time won't last forever
So I'll stop and take it slow...
...for there's so much left to know.

I can wait a little longer to grow...
For there's so much left....
To know.’

As I finished the beautiful song I had once found, I opened my eyes again. Though they widened quite fast as I saw that someone had been listening. Someone I really didn’t want to listen. I gulped and looked up at him.

“Arthur…” I said, trying my best to sound calm, but it wasn’t working quite well. The boy just grinned down on me with his arms crossed over his chest.

“You’re not a bad singer, you know?” My eyes widened again at this comment. Was he serious? Was he really complimenting me? Nah, I must be dreaming, or it’s probably a joke.

“What do you mean? Is this a joke again or something?” I asked seriously. He raised an eyebrow at me and laughed.

“I’m serious!” He said laughing and sitting next to me. The expression on my face was annoyed, but my stomach told different. Butterflies were dancing violently in it yet again. And my face was also starting to heat up. He talked again, more kindly this time.

“I’m not joking. You have an amazing voice” He said, staring out in space, not looking at me. I raised an eyebrow this time. “Really?”

“Of course, I don’t have a reason to lie, do I?” He looked at me this time. His eyes showed kindness and he smiled nicely. I felt my face heat up and the butterflies go wild in my stomach. Why was he looking at me like that?

He laughed again and stood up. Right at that moment, the bell rang and we had to go back to our classes.

“See you later” He said before walking away. I stood there, shaking on my feet just slightly. What had just happened?

After school I went home quickly. It was just one night before I could finally give Twi the gift. Though, when I got to my home, I couldn’t get in.

“Mom?” I called, but no answer. I called a few times more and knocked on the door and windows, but to no avail. What was going on? I walked to the back door, but that was closed too. This was weird, my mother had never locked everything. Never. I sighed and decided to go to the neighbors, they had a spare key to my home.
After I rang the doorbell, the door opened and showed my kind neighbor: Olivia Garcia. She was always very kind to me.

“What can I do for you, honey?” She asked kindly, smiling at me warmly. I smiled back at her.

“My mother had locked the house for some reason and I can’t get in. Can I borrow your spare key?” I asked.

“Of course dear, why not?” She laughed kindly, opening a small locker in the hallway and taking a key out of it. “Here you go. You can give it back anytime you want” She said kindly. I nodded and thanked her before walking away.

After opening the door I looked around. Normal. I guess she just went out on a date and forgot about me, again… I shrugged it off and went upstairs. Opening my bedroom door I smiled. Twilight was peacefully asleep on my bed, the book I had bought for her a year ago, open next to her. I put my school stuff on my desk and walked towards the sleeping pony. I pulled a blanket over her sleeping form to warm her up a bit before walking back towards my desk. I had some homework to do and I don’t want to fall behind, so I made all my homework, even if I didn’t want it.
However, I didn’t get much time for it as my bedroom door suddenly opened and showed my mother, a creepy and very angry look on her face.

“Where were you!?” She yelled at me. I was used to her yelling at me now, she had done it regularly the past few weeks.

“School…?” I practically asked, but my face went pale as I noticed my mother not responding. She was looking at my bed, at the sleeping figure underneath the blankets.

“Mom, wait! It’s not what you think!” Of course it isn’t. She wouldn’t believe her eyes if she would pull the blanket off. But instead she looked at me stunned.

“What is it then?” She asked curiously. I sighed. I had to tell her now. Standing up I walked towards the sleeping pony protectively, not wanting my mom to attack her or something.

“It’s a pony” I said. My mother looked stunned, she probably thought about the normal ponies in this world. “No, not one of those. It’s a magical one. A unicorn” I said as I turned around slightly and carefully pulled the blankets of off the sleeping unicorn.

My mother’s eyes widened at what she saw. It was a purple unicorn pony! What was going on?
I decided to just tell her the whole story, so I did. I motioned her to sit down as I told her how I had found the egg two years ago and about it hatching. She had looked shocked and confused at first, but the look on her face showed understanding.

“You were lonely, weren’t you?” She asked when I had finished my story. Silently I nodded. I really was before Twilight came into my life. My mother stood up and started crying. I wondered what I had done, but I realized that she had realized I had needed her.

“I’m so sorry!” She said before hugging me tightly, not wanting to let me go. “I’m so incredibly sorry! It’s all my fault, I should have never done that internet dating” She said, crying even harder now.

I shook my head slightly. “It’s alright, I should’ve just told you”

“No, it’s a mothers job to take care of your children. It’s my fault and I’m truly sorry” She said, now I cried to as I hold her closely. We cried together in my room as it had started raining outside. I was so glad she had finally realized it, she was finally back. There was just one thing bugging me a bit, what had happened to make her so angry when she came in my room?

I had shrugged the thought off for now as I heard a quiet sigh from behind me.

“Mommy?” I released the grip on my mother as she released me, and turned around. Twilight had woken up from our apologies.

“What did she call you now?” My mother asked quite stunned, but excited nonetheless.

“She calls me mom” I said happily as I walked towards Twilight. “Twi, this is my mother” I said patting the unicorns head slightly. My mother smiled at the pony and she smiled back.

“It’s a weird thought, but I guess I can live with it” My mother said while walking up to us. I was so glad she knew now. I wasn’t alone anymore, this was one of the best days ever. Of course, the best had been when I had found the egg, but this was a good day nonetheless. My mother hugged Twilight lovingly, like she had just done with me.
“What a wonderful creature” She said smiling warmly. I smiled too, this was awesome, just awesome.


Note:
The song here is 'So Much Left to Know' by Mandopony. It's one of my favorites, probably because it's about Twilight