• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 2,058 Views, 36 Comments

Goodbye is not farewell - Twilove



One thing can change everyones life, and an egg had changed mine

  • ...
4
 36
 2,058

Goodbye is not farewell - Part 6

That had only been the beginning. They had followed me outside frequently. I really didn’t like it one bit. They continued asking me stupid questions, human questions. I had taken Twilight outside more often, but we couldn’t be together much as those three kept ‘hunting’ me whenever I was outside. They kept asking questions and talking to me. Going outside wasn’t fun anymore, so I decided we needed a different plan for that.
When school had started again after a few days, Arthur kept bugging me. He had talked with Nickita apparently, but something seemed off. He wasn’t as mean as he was last year. He was annoying, yes, but not really mean.

“Angela” He had even started calling me by my first name, instead of my last.
When I turned around I saw him with a smile on his face. It wasn’t a mean smile, but it wasn’t a nice one either.

“Yes?” I answered interestingly. What did he want now? His eyes showed a slight hint of amusement as his smile turned into an evil smirk.

“I heard from my niece that you have a favorite show” Oh no. Oh god no! Nickita had told him about my love for the show. I wasn’t embarrassed by it, but I knew Arthur had different thoughts about that. Oh how I hated this moment, how I wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out.

“What do you mean?” I asked, acting like I have no idea what he was talking about.

“Don’t act like you don’t know, Anna”

As he said that, my face had suddenly heated up when I heard him call me that. Butterflies were swirling around in my stomach as he continued.

“You know pretty good what I’m talking about” He said smirking. It made me gulp, but blush even more too. “It’s called ‘Friendship is Magic’ right?” I gritted my teeth, how could this happen to me? I didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t like I was ashamed of it, but I didn’t like the look on the boys face either. “Well?”

I sighed, I had to admit it. There was no one around anyway. We were in a small part of town. My mother had ordered me to do some grocery shopping and I obeyed. I wanted some time alone and Twilight was busy learning more magic. So that meant I was alone, no Twilight to comfort me now.
Arthur was right in front of me, smirking weirdly. It wasn’t mean, but it wasn’t nice either, just like his smiles. This part of town was even more dead than the rest of it, so there was really no one around. I should take Twilight here sometime…
As I took a deep breath Arthur looked at me hopefully. He really hoped that I would embarrass myself in front of him.

“Yes, yes it is” I said as confident as I could. Arthur grinned widely. Weird enough, it was a nice grin, as if he had waited for this moment for so long.

“I love it actually” I said, wanting to let him know that I wasn’t embarrassed by it. He laughed, rather nicely actually. I looked at him confused, what in hell was going on!?

“What is it?” I asked him as he walked towards me. I backed away of course. I hated this guy! I think… No! Bad thoughts! Shoo!

“I have a secret too” He said, rather nicely again. It was creeping me out and comforting me all the same.
Just when he wanted to say something, a yell was heard.

“Arthur!” It was Nickita. Arthur turned around. “Hey niece, how’s it going?” He asked casually, as if nothing ever happened between us. I sighed relieved, but I was kind of disappointed too. What was his secret? Arthur had walked away with Nickita as if I wasn’t even there. Stupid humans.

As the days went on Arthur had started to ignore me. Every time I even glanced at him he would turn his head away from me as fast as he could. I didn’t pay too much attention to it as I had other things on my mind. It was almost two years ago that I had found Twilight as an egg. I would have to give her a present again. She had grown a lot too, I think she’s almost adult.
When I had passed my exams I had gotten a TV on my room and sometimes Twilight would watch the show with me. It was always nice when my mother wasn’t around. When she wasn’t she was mostly with that ‘Albert’. He was a nice guy, but he took away my mother. I still haven’t told anyone about the unicorn in my home. It would be weird to explain anyway. I don’t want anyone to know anyway. That would only cause problems.

I closed my diary and looked at the unicorn beside me. She was watching the show again. She really liked watching it, but I knew that in the back of her head, she wants to go to the place called ‘Equestria’.

I sighed and stood up from my bed. “I’ll be back in a minute” I said as I walked out of my room.

Downstairs was pretty empty. My mother was gone again, so I had the whole house to myself. I grabbed an apple and took a seat on the couch. It was early in the afternoon and it was a Saturday, so there wasn’t really much to do.

Sighing I stood up, but just before I got to the stairs, the doorbell rang.

“Coming!” I opened the door to see Jane before me. What was she doing here?

“Hey” She said quietly. I returned the ‘hey’ and shifted a bit on my feet awkwardly.

“So, why are you here?” I asked, getting straight to the point. She took a deep breath and started talking. Unfortunately, she talked to fast. I couldn’t understand one word about it.

“Sorry, I couldn’t quite understand you. You talked to fast” I said still slightly confused by her appearance in front of my house.

“Sorry” She said. I nodded, thinking she apologized for talking to fast. “No, I mean I’m sorry! I’m sorry for turning my back to you!” She said. My eyes had widened with surprise. Did she mean that?

“What…?” I said stunned. She looked down at her shoes. “I’m just sorry, I just followed the rest, but I don’t want that anymore.” She said.

My stunned face turned into one of happiness as I held my hand out to her. She looked at me surprised this time. “It’s okay. They’re stupid girls” I said, motioning her to shake my hand. She did happily and smiled. “yeah, yeah they are”

Our friendship had only grown again from that day on. I wanted to tell her about Twilight, but I just wasn’t sure how. I had asked Twilight if she wanted I told Jane and she was fine with it. She would actually like talking to others, she had only talked to me her whole life now. Not that she disliked that of course. She still sees me as her mother, and I her as my daughter.
Another thing is, that our two year anniversary is coming up in three days. I still don’t know what to give her. She had been practicing magic for quite a while now and she doesn’t need any more books. I could give her something more… human… maybe? I don’t know, I’ll think about it later. I’m going to tell Jane about Twilight after our two year anniversary.

I closed my diary again and looked at Twilight. She was sleeping soundly on my bed beside me. She had grown a lot since she came out of the egg. How had that been even possible? A pony hatching from an egg? Weird.
I decided not to think about it too much as I focused on getting her a gift. I should go to some stores to see what she would like. Yeah, I should do that.

I stood up and took a piece of paper. Writing on it, because I didn’t want to wake Twilight up.

‘Dear Twi,
I didn’t want to wake you up so I left a note.
I’m in town for a while, so I’ll see you later.
Love, Anna’

I laid the note down beside her before I took off, locking my door behind me. I can’t afford my mother walking in on Twi, that would be a BIG problem.

As I walked through town I thought about what had happened to me these past two years. First the fight with my friends, then my mother not wanting me to ever mention my dad again, and then her chatting and phoning with internet dates. I had been so confused, happy and nervous all together when I had found the egg. I was even more happy and confused when it had hatched. A little baby Twilight had come out of an egg. That was a really weird, but wonderful thing.
Of course, I still knew that, one day, somepony would come here to take her to her own world. Twilight doesn’t belong here, I know that. But these two years had been the best of my life, even with those problems of friends and family. But I don’t need them now that I have Twi.

I went to a couple of shops before heading home again. I had found the perfect gift and wanted to give it to her right away, but I have to wait until the exact date. I smiled to myself as I entered my house again, a bag with the gift in my hand. My mother paid no attention to me as I tossed of my shoes and went back upstairs.
When I opened the door, Twilight was still sound asleep. I smiled and opened the chest that was next to my bedroom door, placing the gift in it. Sighing I closed the chest again and sat quietly beside the young unicorn on my bed. It was such a weird but nice thought. A unicorn on my bed.