• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 483 Views, 2 Comments

Meeting the lord of the Eternal Realm - The Red Chronicler



Introducing another one of my characters that I have yet to write who gets a visit from everypony who comes to his home dimension and total randomness ensues.

  • ...
4
 2
 483

Ch4 Rarity

The six ponies were sitting around at a table at Sugarcube Corner, talking amongst each other about Lord Eternis and his realm while having some sweets.

“So you’re telling me that you two went to this dimension that Twilight and AJ both went to? And you didn't bring any of those beautiful crystals with you.” Rarity said while taking a ladylike bite of her cake.

“So, it’s not like it’s a once in a lifetime thing. There’s bound to be another door appearing somewhere in Equestria,” Rainbow exclaimed, annoyed by her friend’s constant complaining about not bringing any of the crystals.

“So you may know, I would love to make a gorgeous dress using those crystals of his. They are soo exotic, seeing as how the one that Twilight has is unlike anything that we've seen before.”

“Well ah’ll reckon that ya’ll be able to go there at some point. Anyway, Twi, how’ve you been doing with that research of yer’s?” Applejack asked.

“I still need to do some more tests. But I think I’m getting close to figuring out how to make a more stable portal that a pony can fit through.” Twilight replied, taking another sip of her drink.

“Anyway, Fluttershy, darling, what got into you when you went with Rainbow into that place. Surely it must have frightened you greatly.”

“Well, umm, it was more to help get the seagulls that were flying around in his home and bothering him. And they didn’t even belong there. I just hope they made it back to their world okay.” Fluttershy said, clearly worried about the birds.

“If I remembered correctly from what you, Rainbow, and Applejack told us, these birds were being pests and saying ‘mine’ a lot correct?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah,” Rainbow answered, “They were being sooooo annoying. And not only that, but our visit was sooooo boring, nothing but talking.”

“Well I for one would not mind a good conversation with somepony, even if it’s not a pony.” Rarity said while finishing her cake.

“Well, ah’m going to head back to the farm. Gotta go buck some more apples,” Applejack said as she got up to leave.

“I will go back to my boutique to get some more dresses done.” Rarity said while doing the same.

And so the six friends left to go to their separate tasks.



After returning to her home, Rarity was surprised to see what she found standing in the middle of the shop. Coming in, she saw a simple white door standing in the middle of her boutique.

This must be the door that Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow were talking about. Rarity thought as she came closer to the oddity that was in her home.

Upon a closer inspection, Rarity could see marking detailing time and space being two interlocking concepts that partly controlled everything in the multiverse. Deciding that this is the opportunity she had been waiting for, she opened the door to see that it opened up on a large, rocky island floating in space while more of various sizes floated around at various distances. What she mostly looked at was what appeared to be a table with the being that she assumed was Lord Eternis sitting at one end of the table.

“Ah, you must be Rarity. Would you like to join me for a cup of tea?” Lord Eternis said, beckoning for Rarity to sit at the spot opposite of him.

Deciding that it was safe, Rarity walked into the doorway and sat in the chair while Lord Eternis brought out two tea cups and a tea pot.

“Now, I assume that you would like to ask me for some of my crystals.” Lord Eternis said while pouring tea into the cups.

“Yes actually. Those crystals of yours are so c gorgeous, I’d love to make a dress with them.” Rarity replied, looking at the various crystals growing on the island.

Lord Eternis nodded, “Very well. I’ll give you some of these crystals so you may do what you like. I’ll place an enchantment on them so they don’t break and that they don’t end up creating a portal in case if something goes wrong.”

With that Lord Eternis brought out a chest with several of the crystals that looked like they had galaxies in them. That was when Rarity saw a purple cloud floating in the seeming clear area.

“Umm, darling, what’s that?” Rarity asked while taking a sip of her tea.

Looking to where she was pointing, Lord Eternis sighed when he saw the cloud, “That would be something that happens to appear in my realm if there’s a temporal disturbance in a universe. They seldom appear of someone causes damage to the spatial zone or causes a paradox, the size of the cloud depends on the severity of the damage done in that universe. There is one section of my realm that I have not been able to clean up.”

“And why is that?” Rarity asked, puzzled that the Lord of the Eternal Realm would have trouble with a simple cloud problem.

“Because that section happens to be filled with a massive purple storm,” Lord Eternis replied, “Whenever I try to get close to it or try and disperse it, I would get hit by a dark lightning bolt, which sends me several miles away from the storm.”

“What do think could have caused it.”

“It would appear that the Discord from another universe, which is tied with the storm, had caused so much damage while I wasn't paying attention that it has gotten so massive. I was able to contain it before it could spread.”

“Now why would you allow something like that to happen?” Rarity asked, horrified at what had happened to his realm.

“That is what happens when you pay too much attention to something else, that you don’t see the damage that someone else is doing to your home.” Lord Eternis replied.

“Well, how’re you going to fix it?”

“As it stands, I can’t really do anything. The only ones that can clean up that mess are the ones whose universes are involved. Though I am confident that they will succeed and I will get that Discord a firm talking to once I’m able to clear out the storm.”

Looking at the open door that Rarity came through, Lord Eternis could tell that it was getting dark in her world.

“I think it would be a good time for you to go.”

That was when Rarity noticed that it was getting late as well.

“Oh my, I better get going then. And thank you so much for letting me have some of your crystals.”

Lord Eternis waved goodbye as the unicorn walk through the doorway and watched as the door closed and disappeared.

Now I think I will be seeing Pinkie Pie next. This is going to be interesting. Lord Eternis thought as he began to put away the table, chairs, and tea set.

Author's Note:

And that's chapter four done. I really hope I did Rarity well, along with some of the other characters. And It will certainly be interesting once I do Pinkie Pie. And if you may have noticed, I had gone ahead and mentioned something from someone else's story, which I think ties in pretty well since this is about a Lord that rules over a realm that links multiple universes and multiverses together. I just hope that this doesn't cause any problems for me since I only vaguely mentioned it. Anyway I hope that you guys enjoyed. Now I've got to see what to put for when Pinkie visits.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment