• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 483 Views, 2 Comments

Meeting the lord of the Eternal Realm - The Red Chronicler



Introducing another one of my characters that I have yet to write who gets a visit from everypony who comes to his home dimension and total randomness ensues.

  • ...
4
 2
 483

Ch1 Twilight Sparkle

Ch1 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle had been sitting at her desk doing some more research when she felt something strange in her home. It was only when she looked around that she noticed a simple white door standing in the middle of her room with no reason of being there.

“Well hello there. I don’t recall this being in my room,” she began examining the odd sight and decided that it was a normal door until she went ahead and opened it, and was not prepared for what happened next.

Instead of just seeing the rest of her room when she opened the door, she saw a vast expanse consisting of multitudes of strange floating islands that seem to defy any logic that she was familiar with. It even trumped Pinkie Pie’s antics as even the door itself should also be a major impossibility, but here it is. Assuming that it is some sort of cross dimensional gateway and with her curiosity taking over, Twilight decided to take a risk and go through the doorway.

‘Why does it need to have to be a simple white, square door as an entrance to some alternate dimension?’ Twilight thought as she looked around the strange floating island as it seemed common in the current dimension she walked in. As she looked around she noticed a strange crystal formation. As she went to get a better look, she could help but admire the fact that the crystals looked as though they had an entire galaxy in them. She kept staring until a voice behind her startled the mare and brought her back to reality.


“Well, looks like I have an unexpected visitor. And by the looks of it you must be Twilight Sparkle.”

Upon hearing her name Twilight spun around to see a strange bipedal creature staring right at her. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that this being seemed to be like her mentor as he seemed to be ageless.

After finally being able to find her voice Twilight nervously asked, “H… how do you know my name?”

“Ah, I know all creatures that reside in every universe that connects to mine,” the creature responded, “though, that I will explain later. My name is Lord Eternis, welcome to the Eternal Realm. Or if you want to call it, the universe in between universes.”

Curiosity peaked Twilight asked, “Why are you named that and what kind of dimension is this?”

Lord Eternis laugh and stated, “To answer your first question, I was given that name due to my role in this realm. And as for the second, this is a universe that connects other universes together, so I know of the events that go on in each dimension, or at least the knowledge provided to me by the Chroniclers.”

“Who are the Chroniclers? And how would you not know of certain universes when yours clearly connects with them?”

Again Lord Eternis laughed, “Ah sorry, what I meant to say is that I don’t tend to divulge on information regarding certain universes and as for the Chroniclers, they are from a universe that my father, which some may call the creator, had made completely off limits to anyone, due to the fact that it would cause mass chaos. As for their purpose, they are beings whom write stories that are based on events that have occurred in different dimensions, as well as events that have occurred in their own past.”

“Wait so does that mean that whatever is happening right now is being written down as we speak?” Twilight asked confused.

“Yes, in fact the chronicler that is currently writing this all down I have referred to as the Red Rock Chronicler.”

Twilight cocked her head, “That’s a weird name. By the way, what sort of creatures are these chroniclers?”

“They are what are known as humans, as to the form that you see me as.”

“Oooookay. And do these humans have magic?”

“At a time yes, but they have lost that ability as time went on. Though they do still have magic, though it only comes out as miracles to those whom either believe or don’t. And the type of magic that they tend to interact with mostly revolves around illusions that can trick your senses, though some of that magic is quite real.”

Twilight nodded and looked back at the strange crystals, “What are these? I’ve never seen crystals like these before. Especially ones that appear to have stars in them”

Lord Eternis looked at the crystal formation she was talking about and answered, “Those are the trans-dimensional warp crystals that grow naturally on the islands that only exist in my realm, unless they should be displaced by a dimensional flux that teleports them to random part of a random universe, which happens rarely.”

“Hmm, interesting, Sooooo what are you? From what I have heard you say, you seem to be something else. Probably something that isn’t entirely like these humans you were talking about. And I guess Lord isn’t exactly just a title is it.”

Lord Eternis laughed, “Always wanting to learn huh. Well, as to what I am I am what’s known as a Lord, which indeed is not a mere title. A Lord is an immortal that has tremendous power regarding to what sort of power he possesses. There are also Ladies whom also share similar traits, though some refer to themselves as gods and goddesses. As for what powers I possess, I have the power to govern time and space, though I split that role to those that have a full understanding of those forces and how to maintain them. I mostly maintain the balance within my realm alongside my dragon companion.”

Twilight gasped, “You have a dragon. Are there other creatures that live here?”

Lord Eternis’ mood changed the moment she asked that question, “Sadly no, there are no other creatures that exist here other than me and my dragon Eternis.”

Twilight cocked her head once more, “Why does you dragon have the same name as you?”

“Because he is also the guardian of this realm, though, he does take on the appearance of a called Giratina, which is from another universe called the Pokémon universe, or more specifically the Reverse World, which resides alongside that universe.”

And then the aforementioned dragon appeared as it heard his master call out his name. “Ah Eternis, so glad you could join us.”

Lord Eternis looked back at Twilight who was now cowering in fear of the strange massive dragon that seemed to have come from out of nowhere. “Wha… what is that? Is… is that the dragon you were talking about? Wh… why doesn’t it have any legs or appendages?”

“That is because this dimension defies the laws that you along with other creatures associate with, which humans refer to as the laws of physics.”

Twilight once again gaped at the information given to her, “Wait, that doesn’t make any sense. How can there be a dimension that defies the laws of gravi… AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!” She screamed as she started to fly high into the air as she made the mistake of jumping and launched herself several feet in the air ‘till the dragon named Eternis caught her and brought her back to the floating island which she was originally standing along with Lord Eternis.

“I see that I have made my point about gravity not being entirely the same as in most universes.” Lord Eternis said with an amused smile across his face.

Twilight grumbled to herself as she was carefully placed back onto the island, “Fine, fine, but I would like to ask you one more thing.”

Lord Eternis cocked his head, “Yes?”

“What exactly is the purpose for these crystals? If I remember correctly, you said they are called transdimensional warp crystals. I can only assume that they give the power to cross in between dimension am I correct.”

“Yes, indeed you are right,” Lord Eternis said as he walked to the crystal formation, “These crystals have the power to grant a person the ability to create a portal to another dimension. Though, in order for one to go to a specific place, they need to have an understanding of how these crystals work, or else they may find themselves in a very tense situation depending on where they end up. And these crystals, when removed from their formation, tend to be very fragile and upon destruction, they open up a wormhole that will take whoever caught within it to a random location in another universe or in the same universe.”

“Wow. Umm, do you mind if I do some research on one of these crystals? I’d really like to learn firsthoof on how they work.”

“Alright, I’ll let you take one of the crystals,” Lord Eternis then took a piece off of the formation and applied what Twilight assumed was a spell onto the crystal before handing it over to her, “There, I’ve place an enchantment on it so if anything were to happen to it, it won’t shatter and create a wormhole in your home. I’ve also made it to where it is limited to where you can only go anywhere in your universe and to my realm should you come to ask any more questions.”

Twilight nodded and carefully took the shard in her magical grasp and proceeded to leave when Lord Eternis called out. “And don’t bother with taking your friends over. I’m assuming that you’re not the only guest that I’m going to have coming to my realm.”

Twilight smiled as she went through the doorway and watched as it closed on its own and disappeared in a flash. “Well, that was interesting.” With that said, she began her trip down into where she keeps all of her science equipment to study the crystal that she had been given.

“Now let’s see exactly how you work.” She paused as she realized, “I didn’t really ask him what it is that he does.”

Author's Note:

And so I have now introduced another of my characters whom I have had in my head and haven't really written about him at all. I wonder how this will go. Let me know in the comments below and tell me what you think. And I think I'm going to regret some of the future chapters that I plan to write for this story. I hope that you enjoy reading this and I'll see about writing some more.