• Published 2nd Aug 2014
  • 620 Views, 8 Comments

The Content Outcast - Night Music



I moved to Ponyville for one thing, privacy. Sure it's a town where everypony knows everypony, but it's big enough for a pony like me to go unnoticed, or at least, that's what I thought.

  • ...
5
 8
 620

Pondering Possibilities

Author's Note:

Sorry for the chapter, let me know if anything is wrong. It was fun writing this, and I hope all of you beautiful people like it too.

The farm was in clear view after only twenty minutes of walking from town square, the trip itself was a quiet one. Neither of us had a reason to talk. That is, until Big Macintosh decided to speak up and break the silence.

"So, what happened when everyone threw you that party? I heard that you acted crazy..."

"What would you do if a bunch of ponies snuck into your home and while you were knocked out and messed with your possessions?"

"Sure but whats so important about that stuff that ya got to be assaulting ponies?"

"I had a life once, friends, loved ones. And that "stuff" is all I have left that reminds me of them!" We were now stopped and staring at each other as they talked.

"I'm not sorry about what I did and I won't be sorry about what ever I'll do, if it happens, it happens for a reason, and I can't change that."

"... Let's get to work, then you can be on your way."


"Let's see if you can actually buck a tree, can't hurt to try." Big Mac said as he gestured towards a tree. We were on the orchard, surrounded by apple trees.

"What about that one?" I say as I lift a hoof towards a tree that had caught my eye. Its bark was as brown as the dirt below it, and the leaves were green almost to the point that they had been like my eyes. But the thing about it that caught my eyes were the plump red apples hanging from the branches as if they weighed them down. I hear a voice from behind me that wasn't Big Macs, so I turn to see the orange mare from the party named Apple Jack.

"That there is 'The Big Un'. Only I can buck his apples, so we just wait for them to drop to harvest em'."

"Mind if I?" I suggested with a hoof towards the tree.

"You can try all ya want. But ain't no apples falling from him." Applejack said with a smirk.

I trot up to the tree and lay a hoof down it's overgrown and unearthed roots. Taking in its magnificence, I take in a deep breath and exhale. I hear a chuckle from behind me. I ignore it and continue with my moment. I take my hoof the roots and begin to trot away.

"What happened, did ya give up?" Applejack said with a laugh. "Did ya talk with the tree?" She said in a mocking tone.

"That was uncalled for." I say as I trot away.

"So attacking us wasn't? You can buck ponies but ya can't buck a tree?"

"Again, uncalled for, I just think I need to get this day over with. Can we just go?" I turn to her.

"So that's it, you want to buck a tree, ya have a moment with it, and ya just give up? and ah thought Rainbow Dash was a chicken." Applejack said as she continued to look at me with a smarmy smile on her face.

"...Did you just call me a chicken...?" I ask, in genuine confusion.

"Yeah, ya chicken." She replied. Her brother looking over to her with a look of confusion and worry.

"So, you think I'm chicken? Just because I beat both you and your cocky friend with just my back hoof. And don't feel like bucking a single tree?" I said as I trotted closer to her.

"Pretty much..." She said keeping her smile.

"You want a rematch? Or do want me to just buck the tree?" I said as I stopped on a patchwork of stones that laid between us.

"I want a rematch, and ya can't hold back, because I won't."

I knew that this what she had wanted, big headed, just as much as her friend. Can't just forget somethings. "What goes on here, doesn't leave this plantation. Got it? No bragging, nothing."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She said before she got into a crouched stance, as if she was about to leap.

"One thing first though, do you know what happens when you spend one thousand years on the moon? Unprotected from all of that sun light?"

"..."

"You mutate, you become something else, buck, that's why my eyes are the way they are. I'm not even sure I'm even pony anymore."

I thrust my hoof into the stone beneath me, grinding my hoof into it. "My eyes are only a small part of what has changed. It also changes how I use my magic."

I feel the stone under my hoof become hotter and hotter, until the point where it practically glows.

"Instead of just of just influencing it in small ways, making dirt better for crops, making stone easier to crush, and making the trees bend to my will. My magic allows me switch what types of magic I use."

I feel the molten stone crawl up my foreleg and towards my head. It gathers, just outside of my view, and I feel it attach itself to me, and sharpen to a point. I begin to focus on the makeshift horn that is now attached to my forehead.

"Moon rock, is one of the best magic amplifiers beside crystals. Did you know that?" Applejack stared at me with horror on her face, but that didn't last long, as now a look of determination made its way across it.

"You're a unicorn now, big deal."

"The moon was my home, my salvation, and my prison."

I feel magic condense into the focal point that is my horn, and I see a bolt of white energy arc off of it, hitting the ground. I point my horn at the hard head earth pony and focus.

"Are you ready for this?"

Comments ( 1 )

5670864 It's all cool, every little bit of criticism helps me. (Not really, I still retain the level of punctuation as a five year old.) But either way, bad chapter, good to know.

Login or register to comment