• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,093

PreviousChapters Next
Feelings (MoonPie, Sad)

She was beautiful.

Pinkie hadn’t noticed it when they had deNightmareMoonified Luna because she was so small then and Pinkie was distracted by the sweet sisterly love feels. And she regretted not hanging out with Luna back then, but she had just found five new fantastic friends! You can’t blame her for allowing Luna to be pushed out of her thoughts.

But that Nightmare Moon night, when Luna had descended like an angel- no, not an angel, something cooler, like, like a noble demon- hair blowing with stars and that super sexy cape and hood, well, that did something to Pinkie. But Pinkie isn’t a silly filly; she knows love at first sight doesn’t happen in real life. But lust, want, and ‘I want to kiss you so, so bad like woah”ness? Definitely happens. And she was majestic, beautiful, intimidating with her larger than lifeness. It scared Pinkie, to see something so one-of-a-kind, something that would never stoop to something like a lowly party baker pony. So she ran, hoping to soothe the butterflies in her stomach. The shameful thing?

She loved that feeling too. After that night, Pinkie swore not to fall out of touch with Luna like last time. She wrote letters, sent party invitations, and they spent time together. Did you know Luna was an amazing prankster? Like that prank that she came up with, when they had replaced Celestia’s entire throne with bananas? Classic!

But they talked too. Luna talked about her need for love, for ponies to know she was there. Pinkie loved that too, because she really understood how that felt. She was a rock farmer, aka the most boring job in the world, and even when she went from Pinkamena the boring rock farmer to Pinkie the exciting partier, nopony really cared about her till Twilight came around. They just saw a random party machine, not a pony. Just like how ponies saw Luna as a big majestic/scary princess instead of the adorable, loving, prankster perfect pony she was. That was where “I wanna kiss you so bad”ness turned into “I wanna hold your hand and prank your sister and just be with you until the end of my life”ness, Pinkie thought. But she didn’t say anything. Because what could an amazing pony like that see in a pony like her?


Tap. Tap. Something hit Pinkie’s window, jostling her awake.

Wha? She made her way to the window, where none other than Luna was standing.

“Pinkie! Pinkamena!” her hushed voice called.

“Luna? What are you doing throwing rocks at my window so late, you silly filly! Especially when you can, y’know, fly.” Rocks at my window … How cliche! But she probably doesn’t realize that, the oblivious pony.

“I apologise, my friend! But I have the most amazing thing to show you, and this is the only time! And my books say that rocks are the traditional way to awaken a friend!” Luna suddenly looked sheepish. “But now I realize my foolishness. I shall return another time.”

“No wait!” Pinkie yelled, a little louder than she intended. “I’d love to see it.”

“Would you prefer I fly to your window and bring you down, or would you rather come by yourself?”

Pinkie snorted. “Hmm, ride on a awesome alicorn’s back or walk down my long, boring stairs. Sorry, Lunie, gotta go with the stairs!” she said with a wink, turning away from the window. Seconds later, Luna was already up at her level.

“Come with me, you silly filly.”

Pinkie giggled as she leaped out the window onto the goddess’ back. “Where are we going?” she asked as they flew.

Luna craned her neck to face Pinkie and retorted with a grin, “My dearest Pinkamena, I thought you hated spoiled surprises!”

Dearest Pinkamena! Pinkie smiled like a schoolfilly for the rest of their trip. Luna finally landed in a peaceful, scenic grassland.

Pinkie jumped off her back and excitedly hoped every direction. “Where’s my surprise where is it where is it!?” Pinkie suddenly stopped, and stared at Luna with an investigating glare. “This isn’t a prank, is it?”

Luna chuckled. “Pinkie, I would never play as mean a prank as this. They are merely waiting for my signal.”

“They?” Pinkie asked.

A large grin formed on Luna’s face as she tapped her hooves together twice. Suddenly, an armada of fireflies rose from the grass, and were falling into formation.

“What are they forming?”

“You’ll see.”

Finally, they finished, and the words You Are My Best Friend adorned the sky. Pinkie teared up. “Lunie …”

“It had occurred to me that I had never relayed this fact to you before, and something of such importance to me deserved more than mere words. Do you like it?”

“I love it.” Nopony had done something so nice, so romantic, so perfect for her before! She couldn’t contain it any longer; the butterflies in her stomach would’ve burst out of her chest if she did. She kissed her. She tried to convey every last thing she felt.

But … Luna pulled away, surprised. “Pinkie, I-I had no idea you felt this way.”

No. No. This wasn’t happening. This was another of her nightmares. It had to be. “What? Do- do you think it’s wrong because of your culture from a thousand years ago and you’ve had to fight against your feelings because of it? Because I can show you it’s ok!”

“Pinkie-”

“Or do you just don’t want to get hurt again? because I would never, ever hurt you!” Pinkie choked out, tears forming.

“Pinkie, please-”

“Or-”

PINKIE!” Luna used her Royal Canterlot Voice, but it was full of anguish. “I’m sorry. I just … do not feel the same way. I wish I could. I wish I was not putting yet another one of my loved ones through pain!”

“I get it! Why would a Princess love a stupid baker like me!?”

DON’T YOU DARE SAY THAT!” Luna silenced her. She edged closer to Pinkie. “You are the most amazing pony I have ever known and you shall find another. Do you hear me? You shall.” And she hugged her best friend through her night.

Author's Note:

Prompt #4: Princess Luna takes Pinkie Pie on an “outing” to thank her for something.

This one could’ve been so much better. But it suffered from the fact that I wasn’t quite used to the time limit yet. So I stuffed in all this exposition and prologue at the beginning, which didn’t leave enough time for the ‘main’ plot, which just made it melodramatic and cut off. I see what I was going for, with the ‘Luna doesn’t love Pinkie back’ thing, but in hindsight I think I should’ve gone full fluffy.

PreviousChapters Next