• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,093

PreviousChapters Next
Harmony (Everypony, TwiPie, Family)

The group sat in an uncomfortable, almost silent waiting room. Dash was hopping around in her seat, wanting to do something, anything to help. Spike was running through each doomsday scenario. Rarity was constantly tending to her mane, and whispering constant reassurances to both herself and the little dragon. AJ and Fluttershy, in contrast, seemed perfectly fine, both used to the event of childbirth.

Finally, a doctor opened the doors. “We’re finished. You can see them now, if you like.”

He barely finished his sentence before they all sped past them, eager to see their friends and the new addition to their strange family. They went into the operation room, and both Pinkie’s and Twilight’s faces lit up.

“Girls!” Pinkie exclaimed. “Say hello to Chimi Changa!” The ponies(and dragon) barely registered the strange name as they took a look at the new born.

“Awwww,” they said simultaneously. A sigh from Twilight broke them from the baby spell.

“Pinkie, I’ve told you, we are not naming her Chimi Changa!”

“But Chimi Changa is a respected and legendary name, passed down through the ages! And besides, I’m the one who went through all that super duper pain!”

“Wait wait wait,” Dash interrupted. “You haven’t named your kid yet? The answer should be obvious! Who was the reason you two met in the first place?”

“We are not naming our child Rainbow Dash,” Twilight deadpanned.

“Besides, Dashie, she’s not even rainbow! She’d have to be Purple Dash, and that doesn’t have the same ring to it!”

“Fine, fine, just throwing it out there! No respect, no respect I tell ya,” she grumbled.

“What about Posey!” Fluttershy excitedly exclaimed, frightening the whole room. She blushed. “Sorry, I just really like the name Posey.”

“Posey! Like Ring Around the Rosey!” Pinkie commented, seemingly excited about the idea.

“No! No offence to you, Dash, and Fluttershy, but our child needs a respectable name, a name that will let other ponies know how amazing she is!”

“This coming from a mare named Twilight Sparkle,” Dash staged whispered, causing a few chuckles while Twilight’s face turned an embarrassed red.

“I could send you all out right now if I want to!”

“Relax, darling, she’s only fooling. Twilight Sparkle is a fine name,” Rarity soothed. “Now, a name. you need … a name,” she said dramatically. “A shame she’s not a colt, there’s so many valiant colt names I could think of. Hmmmm, how about … Purple Flower!” The room looked at her disbelievingly. “Because... she’s purple. And like a flower, she... bloomed into your lives, making it happier and fresher!”

“Suddenly, Posey’s looking like a fantastic name,” Twilight sarcastically enthused.

“Well, excuse me! I thought you ponies would have some taste!” she harrumphed herself over to the corner.

“Now, now, you are all going about this the wrong way!” AJ butt in. “You can’t overthink a name. A name should just come to you, when you look into that cute little baby’s eyes. It should just pop into your head, the first thing you think of, and that’s the perfect name.”

“How come I get the feeling that your parents not thinking about your name is how you got the name Applejack?” Dash joked.

“Applejack is a fine name! You take that back!”

Twilight blocked out the argument, instead looking at Spike. “Spike? You’ve been unusually quiet,” she commented motherly.

“Yeah, Spikey! it’s not like our little dragon to not be making little jokes! Go on, riff on AJ’s name! everybody’s doing it!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Hey!”

Spike tore his eyes away from his new sister. “I was just thinking, y’know? Twi, you-you guys are all Elements of Harmony, right? That’s what brought you together, made you guys a family. What about Harmony?”

“Yeah, that’s perfect,” Twilight said, while Pinkie and the others nod in agreement. “Our little Harmony. Gonna make our lives perfect.” She nuzzled her baby.

“Harmony? I like that! welcome to the family, squirt!”

“Harmony! How regal!”

“That’s beautiful.”

“I promise to keep that Harmony away from any stallion or mare trouble, Twi.”

“You better, AJ, cause my little Harmony’s gonna turn heads so much they’re gonna turn into helicopter propellers! Oooh what if that’s her talent! That would be so cool!” as they all laughed at Pinkie’s antics, they all knew that the good days would only get better from here.

Author's Note:

Prompt #23: Two pony parents discuss what to name their foal.

I like the group banter, especially Dash, being.. Dash, and insulting everyone’s names. I also like “Suddenly Posey’s looking like a fantastic name,” and “Yeah, Spikey! It’s not like our little dragon to not be making little jokes! Go on, riff on AJ’s name! Everybody’s doing it!” And I think Spike coming up with the name was a nice touch.

PreviousChapters Next