• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,093

PreviousChapters Next
Starlight (Twimom- henceforth referred to Stardust- and Twilight, Family)

Their line was one of greats, and Stardust was hailed as one of the greatest. She had gone and studied in countries filled with the most dangerous beasts you could imagine, beasts that could flail you with their minds. She had ushered in several great policies despite almost every other representative being severely against them because it would interfere with their lavish lifestyle. Indeed, she had stood up to the Princess and disagreed explosively when she had voiced her disapproval. Stardust had done many difficult things. This was merely one more of them.

That was what she tried to tell herself. What came out, however, was more grunting, more screaming. It was completely understandable, considering the circumstances, but Stardust valued keeping a calm composure at all times. And she thought, more hoped really, that it would be easier the second time, that she had developed a tolerance for the pain. For you see, Stardust was having her second child.

“It’s okay, honey, I’m right here,” her beloved husband Nightlight reassured her.

“It’s almost through! Push! Push!” The doctor yelled. Really, was the yelling necessary? She had done this before, and it wasn’t like she wanted to keep this hellion inside her! She summoned her inner strength and, with a final push, her baby girl was let loose into the world. The doctor cut the umbilical cord, and stepped aside to clean her up and make sure she was healthy.

“We did it, honey,” Nightlight said through his tears.

Stardust snorted. “We? Excuse me, I believe it was I who had carried this foal for months, then had to endure that horror again!”

“It was my troopers who put her there in the first place! It’s like... a baton race of nature’s beauty

Stardust rolled her eyes. “More like a baseball game of nature’s cruelty,” she deadpanned. “You were the pitcher and I the batter. Anyone can throw a ball, but it takes skill to hit it.”

Her husband giggled, and Stardust dropped the facade and smiled in return. “You win, you win! I submit to your acidic wit.”

“Not the only thing you’ve submitted to,” she purred with a wink.

A cough from behind Nightlight. The doctor had returned with their child. Nightlight sheepishly smiled.

The doctor, to her credit, let it slide. “Here you go, folks,” she said, handing the child to Stardust. “She’s completely healthy.”

She snuggled her child, soothing it. Then she looked into her eyes and saw something. Something that somehow told her that for all that she had done, all that she had accomplished, her baby girl was going to do even more. Stardust would swear till the day she died that on that day, in that first time she looked into her child’s eyes, that she saw a light.

A spark.

“What are we going to name her?”

The name came instinctively. “Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle.” She kissed her bright star on the forehead. And as her darling son met her sister, and as they wallowed in their collective happiness, Stardust did something she loathed, something that she did sparingly.

She cried, flowing tears of happiness, just as she did last time.

Author's Note:

Prompt #106: There are three prompt options today. Feel free to incorporate one, two, or all three into your submission. The options are:

(A) “The first date.”
(B) “The first kiss.”
(C) “The first time.”

The return of Twilight and Stardust. The second story featuring these two, and the first to focus on Stardust. Also the one that really made it a series. I like the voice, the husband wife dynamic, and even with how much I use it, the talk of the ‘spark’.

PreviousChapters Next