• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,098 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,098

PreviousChapters Next
Bad Teacher (Fluttershy and Dash, Flarity and Flutterdash, Sad)

Fluttershy knew Dash better than anypony. Not that their other friends didn’t know Dash very very well! She just knew her longer. Ever since flight camp. Dash had told her things she hadn’t told anypony else. She had shown Fluttershy her sensitive side very often. So of course Fluttershy noticed that something was wrong with Dash lately. Her smiles seemed faker, there was the slightest pain in her eyes. Fluttershy knew what it was because she had been in that same position not too long ago.

Dash was in love, and was hiding it, thinking the pony in question couldn’t possibly feel the same way. Fluttershy knew how that felt, how taxing keeping that desire could be. But she had finally went on and told Rarity, and somehow, she felt the same way! Ever since then, she had been happier than ever before! She felt like she was walking on air. And Dash was so close to that happiness, if only she’d take that step. After all, who wouldn’t want to date Dash? So Fluttershy quickly resolved to talk to and help Dash with this. She knew Rainbow would do the exact same in her position.

She knocked on Rainbow's door, and smiled when she opened it. “Oh,” Dash began, surprised, “Hi Shy!”

“Hi, Dash. Can I come in? I need to talk to you about something.”

“Er, is it important? Cause I’m kinda busy.” Fluttershy was taken aback, but didn’t show it. Dash always made time for her, no matter what. Only further proof of her infatuation. The poor dear was wallowing in so much self-pity and hopelessness that she wouldn’t even talk to her best friend! Yes, Fluttershy had had many days like that, but Dash continued on anyway. Fluttershy pushed on.

“Yes, it’s very important, Dash.”

She sighed and opened the door fully. “OK. Come on in.” Fluttershy sat on the couch. “You want a drink?”

“No thank you, Dash. I’d rather just jump right in, if that’s ok.”

“Completely ok. Yeah! Sure!” Dash seemed nervous. Fluttershy was the same way when she suspected Dash caught onto her crush. Her dearest friend sat next to her.

“Now, Dash. You know me and Rarity are happily together now, right?”

She snorted. “Course I do. The whole town probably knows. You two can’t keep your hooves off each other.” Her tone was unusually vindictive. Fluttershy was hurt, but pushed it back. She’s just defensive.

“We can’t help it, Dash. We’re just so happy. And we wouldn’t be if it wasn’t for you being there for me when I was hurting, when I was telling myself that there was no way somepony like her could love me. I was hurting, and was retreating even more than usual, remember?” Dash said nothing. “Well, I’m seeing that same thing in you Dash. And I just wanted to tell you I’m here for you, ready to help. And I’m going to give you the same advice you give me. Just talk to her Dash. Chances are, she probably feels the same way. After all, who doesn’t love Rainbow Dash, right?”

Dash bitterly chuckled. “Who couldn’t love loud, obnoxious Rainbow Dash? Rainbow Dash, who makes everything about her ego and her flying and herself?” This was going off track. Fluttershy was supposed to say that even if the pony didn’t, it would let Dash move on and so on. Dash wasn’t supposed to get so vitriolic on herself. She opened her mouth to reassure her, but Dash continued on.

“You wanna know the pony I’m in love with, huh? The pony I’m in love with is quiet, shy, kind, everything I’m not. She’s my oldest and best friend. And, and she’s dating the love of her life that I set her up with!” she screamed, eyes wet. “Now tell me, tell me what are the stinking chances of that ever happening?”

“D-Dash. I’m sorry.” It all made sense now. The less frequent visits and talks, the pained looks and smiles. She had thought it was about somepony else in the group, but they only happened when she was around. That must be why Pinkie or Applejack noticed. She didn’t know what to say. “I never knew-”

“You didn’t answer me. What are the chances of that happening?”

“I..... I’m sorry Dash. Zero. I just don’t love you like that.”

“Course not.”

“Oh, Dash...” She was leaning to hug her, to reassure her that she was wonderful, that she would find somepony someday, but.... but...

But Dash just pushed her away. “No. No, I can’t, Shy. You can’t. You can’t hug me and reassure me it’s all gonna be okay and that I’ll find somepony else because I can’t. I won’t, not while you’re here being all supporting and sweet and you. We.... we need to leave each other alone for awhile, Shy.”

“I-I understand, Dash. I-” she floundered for something to say, something that would fix it, keep them together as close as ever, as best friends, as sisters, as Fluttershy and Dash. But she could only choke out, “I understand.” She made way to the door, but looked back. “Promise me you’ll talk to Pinkie or Applejack or anypony.”

“Yeah.”

“Dash, I need you to know, that just because I don’t look at you like that, doesn’t mean that I don’t need you, that I don’t lo-”

“Don’t. Don’t say it.”

Fluttershy turned her head away, and flew out, her eyes dripping with tears, towards Rarity.

Author's Note:

Prompt #101: Romance 101 with Professor Fluttershy.

This is…. bleh. It reminds me of my Prompt 1 or Prompt 4 stories. Melodramatic and shoehorned heartbreak and angst.

PreviousChapters Next