• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,091 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,091

PreviousChapters Next
One Adventure (Rarity, Spike, and 9th Doctor Whooves, Friendship/Crossover)

“That little dragon wants in?” The Doctor questioned, eyebrow raised, as he snuck a look at the dragon patiently waiting a few feet away.

Rarity sighed. “Yes. He spotted a singe mark on my flank from our last adventure-”

“That was a fun one.”

“-and he said he couldn’t take it anymore! That the girls may accept it, but that he was tired of being left behind, and leaving me ‘defenseless’ quote unquote.”

The Doctor snorted. “You, defenseless? He’s obviously never heard you whine.”

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“Say no! Make a big fuss and yell at me so I can tell Spike he can’t come because you wouldn’t allow it!”

“Oi! Why do I always have to be the bad guy, the mean mannered grump? I am quite jovial and pleasant. Just look at this winning smile!” He grinned. “Pinkie Pie herself couldn’t exude that raw amount of cheer!”

“Wait, are you actually entertaining the thought of allowing him on?” Rarity asked, shocked.

“And what if I am?”

“Doctor, he’s so young, so inexperienced, he’s-he’s a child!”

The Doctor gave her a small smile, before facing the TARDIS. “Did I ever tell you about how I got this old girl?” Rarity shook her head. “Well, I was young. So horribly young, by my people’s standards. I was headstrong, annoying, obnoxious. I believed I knew everything and every other creature in the galaxy couldn’t compare to my brains! And I was so inexperienced. I wasn’t prepared for the horrors, the loss, the wonders. But if I didn’t get on this girl, I wouldn’t be who I am today. I’d be a pompous, arrogant, ass who believed himself above all others in the galaxy. Well, I’d be even more of one. I could’ve become just like the worst of my race, playing with time and fancying myself a ruler. But I didn’t. All because a lady,” he tapped the TARDIS, “decided to choose me, childish and all, to go on an adventure or two.” He faced Rarity, an earnest look on his face. “One adventure. Give him one. If it proves too much for him, if it turns out to be a mistake, we’ll drop him right back. But it just might turn out to be the greatest decision of his life.”

Rarity looked into the eyes of the Doctor for a few seconds more, looking for any sign of dishonesty or doubt. Finally, she turned away with a sigh. “Very well, Doctor.”

“Fantastic!” he exclaimed with a grin. Only a few seconds later, the grin was gone, replaced with a stern, serious expression. “Oi, you! Twerp!” he called to the dragon. Spike pointed at himself. “Noooo, the other purple dragon, right underneath you. Yes, you! Come on!” Spike’s face took on an expression of pure joy as he ran up to them.

“You mean I’m really coming with?”

“Nope, I just shouted ‘come on’ because I loved hearing myself talk. Yes, you are coming with. Hurry up and get in before I change my mind!” Spike went through the TARDIS doors.

Rarity gave the Doctor the best glare she could muster, but in her eyes held the faintest amusement. “I thought you said you weren’t a mean-mannered grump?”

The grin was back in full force. “I am, once you get to know me. But you, of all ponies, should know it takes a long time to know me,” he said with a wink.

A short laugh rang out from the fashionista. “To be honest, I would’ve felt cheated if you acted like a total gentleman from the get go. I’ve earned that nobility, darn it!”

“That’s the spirit! Think of it as a hazing ritual!” they smiled at each other. “After you.”

“Why, thank you!” The two trotted into the TARDIS, smiling.

Author's Note:

Prompt #67: Spike goes on an adventure with some or all of the Mane Six.

More Nine and Rare. It was a lot of fun, drawing parallels to the Doctor and Spike.

PreviousChapters Next