• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,092 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,092

PreviousChapters Next
Not Yet (RariDash, Romance)

What do you wanna hear? That I looked at Rare from across the room and it was love at first sight? Or maybe she fell in love with me when I rather awesomely saved her life? Maybe there was a jerk ex that she was dating that caused me to get ultra jealous and realize my true feelings or some junk like that? Come on! You obviously read way too much romance novels, just like her. This isn’t a romance novel. I didn’t angst about how she was “the perfect pony for me” and how I could never be good enough. I just thought she looked fine and we had a lot of fun together. So I asked her out and she said yes. It’s nothing serious. At least, not yet.

Making fun of Applejack with her is a blast. We compete for the best zinger, and man, does Rare come up with some good ones. Plus, Applejack’s face! I mean, it’s priceless! And Rare just gets me, you know, and I get her. Like, when I just need to get this trick down and need some peace and quiet, she doesn’t take it personally cause she’s the same way when she works on a dress. Plus, she's even a bit helpful sometimes. Ever since the whole magical wings thing, Rare loves watching me fly. She even loves going to Wonderbolt shows with me. Heck, one time when some bullies from flight school tried to start something, Rare just verbally took ‘em down! Like, I can’t remember it all, but she just laid into them, like what had they done with their lives while I was off working my way up and saving the world? She even cussed them out! It was awesome!

Er, anyway, like I said, she’s been a big help. She’s been picking up on the flying lingo and technical terms, and with her flightless unicorn perspective she comes up with some surprisingly good ideas. It’s nice to see somepony on the ground take an interest in what I do, you know? But when I looked down, sometimes I saw a bit of jealousy in her eyes. So on our one month anniversary? I took her flying on my back. Above the clouds, looking down at the ground. It was beautiful. She loved it.

…. OK, that sounds pretty cheesy. But like I said, it isn’t serious. It’s not love. It’s just like-like at the moment. But.... I can see it becoming love. I can see us sitting on the porch, grumbling and teasing whippersnappers that pass by. I can see us becoming the power couple of pony media, Dash, star Wonderbolt and rarity, top fashionista in Canterlot. Rare would keep me from doing anything stupid with her knowhow of the famous life. I see this because I like her. I like talking with her, I like watching the serious look on her face when she works, and the tiny pout she gets when a dress is being difficult. And that’s the thing, isn’t it? Isn’t your “true love” or whatever supposed to be your best friend, supposed to be somepony you have fun with? It’s not love, but I can feel it getting there. And honestly?

I can’t wait.

Author's Note:

Prompt #122: It’s absolutely, positively, without the shadow of a doubt not love.

My fluffy alternative for this prompt, and one I really dig. I love the Raridash dynamic I built up, and Dash’s narration.

PreviousChapters Next