• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,092 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,092

PreviousChapters Next
Pretending (TwiDitzy and TwiPie, Sad)

I love her. But I’m not dumb, no matter what ponies think sometimes. Twilight tells me that I’m not dumb, and she’s the smartest pony ever! I love her so much, but I am not dumb. I know she doesn’t love me back. But that’s ok! It’s not like she’s mean to me or anything. She’s so nice, and caring, and respectful. I don't get a lot of respect. She sees past these eyes and sees.... well, not really me, but close enough. Twilight sees her true brains in me, and that’s close enough, right? Most ponies don’t see brains in me at all.

And she’s a good pony. She thinks she’s not, but that’s just more proof. Evil doesn’t regret being evil. She’s saved the world dozens of times. She knows things I could never comprehend. She does anything for her friends, heck, the town, and she always forgives them. Just one look in those big, purple kind eyes and you can see it. This spark of greatness. She’s the greatest pony I know.

But she’s still a pony. She’s not invincible. She still hurts. her heart is so open and inexperienced. She can’t suffer it alone. So if I can pay back this wonderful pony for all the good deeds she’s done by letting her pretend I’m somepony else, that’s ok. And it’s a two way street. I can pretend too. I can pretend that the love in her eyes is for all of me, not just the Pinkie-like parts.

My momma used to tell me when I was a filly that love finds a way, that as long as you have love in your heart, you always get your happy ending. I can hear filly me right now. “But... but.. you love her! Love finds a way! Mommy says so!” But she’s so young. She doesn’t know yet. Adults, we have to pretend. So I can pretend that that’s not a white lie made to comfort a little girl. I can pretend that Twilight will eventually love me for me, or maybe I’ll finally end it and say I can’t take it anymore, and then she’ll realize that she can’t live without me, not Pinkie me, me, and romantically win me back. Standing in the rain is not required, but it’d be nice. It won’t happen. Like I said, I’m not dumb.

But there’s nothing wrong with pretending, right?

Author's Note:

Prompt #123: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb7tpvb69f1r6mkln.gif
A companion to A Good Pony. It’s not as good, but it’s better than I remembered.

PreviousChapters Next