• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 13 Comments

Bombastic Bookpony's Bazaar of Oneshots - Bombastic Bookpony



A collection of oneshots, mostly from Thirty Minute Ponies

  • ...
2
 13
 1,093

PreviousChapters Next
Doubt (Twipie, Romance/Sad)

“Will you marry me?”

Pinkie was before Twilight, kneeling on one knee, her blue eyes filled with hope. Suddenly, it all made sense. The dinner at her favorite restaurant. Sitting underneath the stars, gazing at the once in a lifetime meteor shower Twilight had gushed about for weeks. The strangely awkward, bit too zealous attitude of Pinkie throughout. It all made sense.

Twilight found herself grasping for words to say. The silence had gone on too long. Pinkie’s eyes showed the slightest bit of confusion. Say something, darn it! You love her, don’t you? You want to be with her forever, right? Marriage has always been in your plans!

But... I’m not ready yet.

And her novels always showed that marrying despite that led to disaster. It led to arguments, regret, divorce. Love lost. It was the motivation for the angry, broken parent. it was the reason for the depressing endings of the more melancholy romances. It led to pain, and despair, and in the end, a life without Pinkie. It was self defeating.

I know what I have to do.

She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and turned her face away from Pinkie. She couldn’t see the inevitable tears, couldn’t see her love’s heart slowly break before her eyes. She would lose her resolve.

“Pinkie, I-I love you. I love you so much. I was such a bad, lifeless pony before I met you, but you showed me life’s magic. And someday, I’d love to settle down with you, to spend my life with you forever. But... not today. I’m not ready. We’re so young, and there’s so much I want to do,so many spells to invent and books to write, and there’s all our dangerous adventures, and it’s just- just not time yet,” she choked out, finally letting the tears fall. “Please, Pinkie. I’m sorry. I love you. Please don’t leave. I-” She was silenced by the strong hug of her love. “You-you’re not mad?”

“Silly Twilight. Why would I be? You said you still love me, and that you’d love to marry me someday. Who cares if it isn’t now? I want you to be ready, Twilight. And then we’ll have the greatest, funnest, super awesomest marriage party ever, and not just because of the balloons and cake and stuff. But because when Princess Celestia asks you if you do, you will do without a bit of doubt. And I’d wait forever for that, Twilight.”

“Celestia, I love you,” Twilight cried into Pinkie’s coat.

Author's Note:

Prompt #74: Pinkie Pie’s peculiar proposal.

Aaaangst…. with heartwarming end. Huh. Anyway, I actually like this one. It’s subversive yet still romantic. It just bugged me I guess how rejected proposals in the media meant breakup time and they don’t really love each other rather than just… not being ready yet. So, it was nice writing this.

PreviousChapters Next