• Published 20th Jul 2014
  • 1,271 Views, 5 Comments

The Guardians Of Harmony - AngriestDislestia



"I was requested here by Princess Twilight to learn for myself about the magic of friendship." Celestia said. Discord then looked around cautiously "I know something bad will happen to those six fillies. I've predicted that there

  • ...
3
 5
 1,271

The Ticket Master!

Twilight was soon finished with writing the guest list for the her After-Coronation-Party. And she put three tickets in an envelope for Celestia so she, Luna and a friend could come along. Philomena didn't need a ticket to enter. She gave it to Spike to run to one of his new friends; Princess Celestia! He ran Celestia's room and knocked on the door.

"Celestia? It's Spike! Letter from Princess Twilight!" He called through the door. Celestia had been drawing all morning, she had woken early, like every morning, to Discord begging her to hurry up a raise the sun. He, apparently, found the night and darkness boring, like he had sung just last week.

"Come in!" Celestia called. Spike slowly pushed through the door and found Celestia sitting at her little white desk she had asked Princess Twilight for, squiggling down drawings in her sketch book.

"Here!" Spike said as he handed her the envelope; Twilight didn't have the time and wanted to remain as far away from Celestia as possible because Twilight couldn't keep a secret! "What are you drawing?" Spike asked, trying to peek in the book.

"Oh! Nothing..." Celestia insisted as a blush crept on to her cheeks and she slammed the book shut. Spike stepped back, startled at the force that she closed the book. "Just...Nothing..." She said with an obvious smile. Spike knew what she drew, but decided that it wasn't all that important.

Dear, Celestia,
I, the Princess of Friendship, invite you to My After-Coronation-Party on the 31st of May. Here are three tickets for you, Luna and a friend.

Sincerely, The Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle.

31st of May? That was a month away! Ahhh! Got to have EVERYTHING ready! She took out the three tickets; One for her, one for Luna...And one for a friend...She sighed. Which friend? Coming to think of it, Celestia couldn't wait!

"Whoa!!! You got a spare invite? That's awesome! I wish I was invited...But Twilight said to wait and see..."

"Oh...Well..." Celestia began when Spike's eyes opened pleadingly. "We'll see...I don't know who to invite yet...But your definitely in top 4!"

"OK, well, gotta bunch o' things to be getting on with sooooo...See ya round!" He said as he walked out, half closing the door behind him, half leaving it open. Celestia didn't mind. She just simply tucked her sketch book under her bed and decided that she'd go to see Luna and give her the invite and talk things over with her.


Spike ran back down stairs and saw Twilight and the rest of the Elements Of Harmony having an important disscusion. He decided to stay out, if he was needed, they would've called him in earlier, so instead he went to his bed to have a quick nap.

"Are you sure we need to test The Princess, Twilight? I mean...She probably knows A LOT about friendship!" Rarity told Twilight, unsure of her setup.

"I have to agree, we're risking all of Celestia's friend's invites as well! They can't be allowed to miss out if Celestia fails to do the right thing! That's just not fair!" Fluttershy agreed. Twilight was just about to respond when-

"I think they might be right, doing this to The Princess seems awful disrespectful..." AppleJack agreed, lowering her hat to her chin.

"Yeah..." Rainbow Dash said unsure to argue with the egghead.

"I AGREE WITH FLUTTERSHY!!! WE DON'T WANT OUR FRIENDS TO BE MISSING OUT ON OUR BIG PARTY!!!" Pinkie added.

"Look girls, I understand. But the Princess is now the Guardian of Magic! She and her friends need to understand not only the great side to friendship, but also...The difficult side...I just feel like, if they're going to be the ones protecting us, even if they'll never be needed, they need to be ready! I'm doing this for their benefit. Not ours." Twilight told them.

They looked at one another unsure, but then realized that Twilight was right; these tests might save Equestria one day, and the fate of everypony will rest in the Guardians paws/hooves/talons/claws, so they need to be ready!

They had agreed, and the conversation was over.


"Wow!!! I didn't really get to see your gem necklace thingy! It looks lovely, Luna!" Celestia commented as Luna proudly showed her what she had received after saving the Elements of Harmony. It was a light sparkling blue-star necklace and the gem was purple in the shape of her moon in the middle star. It suited her beautifully!

"Thank you! And I must add your crown is quite the peace de resistance! I love the decorative flame design of the crown, with your glowing, sparkling, cutie mark gem in the middle!" Luna was right. She had described Celestia's crown exactly. The outer metal was a flame pattern and was gold with the bright, yet light yellow gem in the shape of her cutie mark. Celestia chuckled.

"Thank you, Luna. Oh! And I have something for you!" Celestia added as she reached down to her side and grabbed the ticket.
"Here! For Twilight's "After-Coronation-Party"! Can you make it?"

"Can you?" Luna asked.

"Of course!" Celestia responded.

"Can I go with you?" Luna asked.

"Of course!" Celestia responded.

"Then of course I can make it!" Luna replied happily.

"Brilliant!" Celestia said as she took a sip of her tea and bit a bite from her cake. "But I do have one problem..."

"Hmm? What is it?" Luna asked.

"I don't think any of the others have been invited..." Celestia told her reluctantly. By now they knew what "the others" meant. It meant Scorpan, Discord, Spike and Zecora. The remainder of the guardians.

"What makes you think that?" Luna asked.

"Well...I'm sure that Discord would've bursted out the news by now to me. I think Zecora would've checked if I had an invite too, I also have a feeling that Scorpan would've asked me if Discord was going because-"

"They have a...Yes...Anyway, do think Spike is invited?" Luna asked.

"I...I don't know! He didn't seem to know either..." Celestia spoke. Still contemplating whether or not he was going.

"But what troubles you about them not being invited so much?" Luna asked.

"Well...I was given an extra ticket for a friend..." She said with a nervous smile as she held up the two other tickets with her magic. Her's and a friend's.

"Yes?" Luna insisted.

"And I can't decide who to give it to..." Celestia told her.

"Well it's out of Scorpan, Spike and Zecora. Don't even think about inviting Discord!" Luna snapped.

"Oh, Luna!" Celestia giggled. "You were fine with him last week!"

"Last week was before he came into the castle at my rare time of sleep and began begging me to remove a splinter from his behind!" Luna continued.

"Oh dear...Not in your rare sleep time?" Celestia couldn't believe Discord could be so brave!

"Yes!!! I know! It's unbelievable!! But...What can you expect?" Luna asked.

"Exactly." Celestia replied. "He's Discord!" Celestia sighed fondly. Luna smiled knowingly at her. Everypony knew. After their coincidental dissapearings, after Twilight became the Princess of Friendship and Discord began flirting with her, of course they did! But nopony ever said anything. It was too cute and clueless to disrupt, so Luna didn't say anything either.

"But seriously, you can invite him if he's who you choose." Luna finished. She didn't mind Discord's shenanigans so much anymore because he never did them to make Luna genuinely upset or tired or angry like he used to.

"Who would you invite?" Celestia asked.

"Well...Spike has always been loyal to us and could be the most deserving, but I get on very well with Scorpan and I did ever since we first met all of those years ago, he also desrved it because he saved Equestria for the price of his own brother, and we have never given anything back, but I adore Zecora and...Mare power for the win!!! Hehe! Whereas Discord...Isn't quite as deserving, but he's really changed so much and for him, that's probably very hard, and I can imagine that would prove as quite the extra reward for him!" Luna told her.

"Wow...This is going to be hard..." Celestia said.

"I would help...But...I need to stay here in Canterlot to keep the castle...Royalty reserved." Luna told her. She looked at her watch. "Erm. I had better get to bed for my quick 2 hour nap..." Luna finished as she walked off.

"'G'Night Luna! Err...I mean..." Celestia said.

"Have a good day, Celie!!!" Luna called behind her.

"Yeah..."


Celestia whistled to herself as she attempted to casually walk down the streets, but no matter how normal she acted, ponies always couldn't help but glance and stare at her. Yet it made her giggle when she heard somepony go "That was really strange a week ago, Twilight Sparkle disappeared and then reappeared out of nowhere! Nopony knows what happened!" It was nice to finally be a silent hero. It was a nice feeling. Feeling OK with never being anything more...The lack of desire was a calming feeling. She liked it.

"Heyloooooooooooooooo, Celly-Belly!!!" Discord appeared out of nowhere! He hovered around her happily.

"Hey, Dissy." Celestia replied happily.

"Whataya dooooooooooooooooooiing?" He asked curiously.

"Nothing..."Celestia replied nervously.

"Well, that's strange. It looks like you're walking..."Discord said suspisciously.

"Yes!!! That's exactly what i'm doing! I'm just having a walk!" Celestia replied.

"Oh! Sounds fun! Can I join?!?!" Discord asked. Celestia giggled.

"Of course!" She told him. So Discord got on all fours and trotted beside her, head held high, acting just like her.

"So, Celly, have you made up your mind?"

"You don't get to call her Celly." Discord snapped.

"Huh?" Celestia asked the suddenly appeared dragon.

"Have you decided? Who to give your extra ticket to?" Spike asked.

"Um..."

"What ticket? To what? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN KEEPING SECRET FROM ME?!?!?" Discord dramatically raged to Celestia.

"Celestia was given an extra ticket to Twilight's After-Coronation-Party. To give to a friend. And that friend's gonna be me!" Spike told Discord.

"Me!" Discord argued.

"Me!"

"ME!"

"ME!!! Why do you want to be invited anyway? Why have you got to be there?" Spike asked.

"I could ask you the same question!" Discord growled.

"Well," Spike started stepping back, looking to Celestia who was covering her eyes and ears from their bickering. She got up "I need to go to support my friends! I'm the Guardian of loyalty! I need to be there for them! And if I'm not, can you picture it? The looks on their faces?" Spike said, and he had a point.

"I need to be there for exactly the same reason! Think of Fluttershy! I'm like a father to her! She needs me!" Discord raged. Both were good points, but this just added to why she couldn't make up her mind. She knew they were both deserving and now she knew they both had very good reasons to why they needed to go. The decision was growing ever harder. She decided that she needed to talk to somepony who would tell her the truth...But who?


Scorpan's house was a strange cave like territory in the Everfree forest. She had sent him a letter to tell him that they needed to talk and he had replied with an OK. She walked through and to the quite distant right of the Tree of Harmony, not in it's crevice, there was a long strange slope of rock he lived underneath/in. It was hard to explain...

"Hello Scorpan." Celestia said. Scorpan jumped, startled at the sudden voice he heard behind him. "What are you doing?" She asked trying to peek around the object he was now hiding, or trying to hide, behind him.

"Oh...It doesn't matter?" He said with an unconvincing smile. Celestia cocked and eyebrow. Scorpan smiled.

And smiled some more.

And carried on smiling.

And gave an extra smile.

And continued to smile.

And the smiling kept going on.

And the smile grew bigger and less convincing every second.

But still the smile remained.

"......"Celestia was not convinced by the less convincing smile.

"...." She gave him one last glance...

"If you say so!" Celestia concluded happily as she trotted over to Scorpan's table. It was well crafted and...was that Tirek and Scorpan on the top? Playing happily and harmoniously? It was in a cloud bubble. Did this mean that it was a dream? "What's this?"

"A table...? Hand crafted mind you..." Scorpan said unsure.

"No! What's this picture?" Celestia asked.

"Uh..."Scorpan leaned over and gawked at it. "Oh! That's me and Tirek!!!"

Celestia almost facepalmed.

"I know it's you and Tirek!!! But what does it mean? Why did you make it?" Celestia asked, her curiosity growing more and more.

"...It's us playing...I guess?" He was unsure. I frowned, I knew that, too!

"Did you always used to play?" Celestia asked sympathetically.

"Yes...When we were only very young, but I think this image is more of a wish...Something that won't actually happen. To be honest with myself..." He said half sadly and half like he didn't really care.

Comments ( 3 )

Love the idea switching places :) Can't wait for more

4913324
No problem, keep on writing :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment