• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,097 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,097

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Four: Hopeful Dreams

Heart of Stone

Chapter Four: Hopeful Dreams

Written by TheCrimsonDM

Twilight looked up at the ceiling, almost relieved as she said, “I am glad that this little visit of Pinkie Pie’s came so soon, I needed a good excuse to come and visit you in person. This way there won’t be any suspicions raised."

She may not have known Twilight very well, but this whole secrecy thing felt wrong even for her. Perhaps Trixie was over thinking this, or maybe there was something bigger going on here. Whatever the case was she would be happy as long as Twilight kept Maud out of any sort of trouble.

Maud put the samples back inside the bag just in time as Pinkie Pie opened the door saying, “Twilight, we found a cool store, wanna come and look?”

Twilight smiled at Pinkie pie. “I heard there were a few good little shops here, of course I want too.”

Pinkie Pie bounced on her hooves back outside yelling at the small cluster of friends she had outside, “SHE SAID YES!”

Trixie had to admit that seeing these happy ponies brought a measure of peace to her heart that was still missing, despite having Maud in her life. She found the idea of having friends to be a wonderful thing. It was a much welcome shift from the dark thoughts that usually plagued her.

Trixie had a few friends now, that all seemed to actually care about her despite her horrible past. Or maybe they just pitied her, which was still a step up from loathing. She also had Maud in her life, although she still needed to know to what extent. Even Twilight Sparkle was her friend now, something that she never would’ve believed possible in the past. Lastly there was the fact that she had her insanity under control for the first time in her life. This was the moment that a glimmer of hope, like that of a flickering candle light, began to grow inside her damaged heart.

After Twilight left to follow her friends into town Trixie found herself sitting on the couch alone with Maud. She felt as though this was the time for them to talk about everything. After clearing her throat Trixie asked, “So… I need to know. Do you still like me?”

Maud took a moment to answer, adopting a slight frown before she finally spoke. “I really like you Trixie. I have… never really had a marefriend before… but I need to tell Pinkie about us. She already knows that something is going on between us. It’s better to tell her now, or else it might hurt her feelings.”

She had to agree with Maud there, Pinkie Pie was a smart pony and sooner or later she would figure it out. Better to tell her that they were marefriends now rather than…wait did Maud just say marefriends? Looking over at Maud, Trixie noticed a few small things that had escaped her from before.

Maud was wearing a small frown and staring down at the wooden floor. Her eyes looked more watery then before, and in the corners Trixie could see some redness. Had Maud really been crying earlier?

Pulling Maud into an embrace Trixie whispered into her ear, “I like you too.”

Maud turned and stared into Trixie’s eyes, before saying, “I’m sorry I let her hurt you.”

Trixie simply shook her head saying. “It’s okay, you were in shock. I wouldn’t know what to do if I was in your place either. Besides I… deser-“

Trixie was cut off by Maud kissing her on the lips. The kiss lasted for a second before Maud pulled away and a single tear ran down her cheek. “I don’t want to hear you say that anymore. You do not deserve anything bad, you have repented for everything. Believe me.”

Trixie felt tears running down her cheek now as well. Even if she didn’t believe herself to be a good pony deserving of anything good, Maud needed her to believe in this. Even with a new war beginning to rage inside heart she was able to come to a decision. If Maud needed her to be a good pony, than Trixie would be a good pony… for Maud’s sake.

Trixie nodded. “Okay, I… I believe you.”

Maud smiled at her words before pushing Trixie down on the couch. Trixie now on her back found Maud on top of her, with Maud moving her face closer to hers. Before she could fully understand what was happening she found Mau’s lips pressed against hers once more, this time Maud decided to slip her tongue into Trixie’s mouth. For a fraction of a second an old fear jumped on Trixie’s heart, but Trixie looked into those loving eyes and lost herself.

The two of them continued like this for awhile, holding each other inside a deep loving embrace, neither one of them seemed capable of fighting against their baser instincts. Trixie found that Maud’s mouth tasted a little like grape, not artificial grape flavoring but actual farm grown grapes. Trixie had kissed a few ponies before, and as it turned out everypony has a unique flavor. Her favorite had been butterscotch flavor, but now that she had tasted grape, she was addicted.

As Maud began to caress Trixie’s mane she pulled her head away. Trixie instantly missed the feeling of Maud’s lips, but when Maud moved down Trixie’s body and began kissing Trixie’s neck a new explosion of sensations rushed through her. Maud continued working her way southward slowly kissing every inch of her body. Causing tingles to spread through her body at every place Maud kissed.

Trixie found herself excited and scared at the same time. She had never been with some pony before, not like this, not with so much love and tenderness. Part of her was terrified of being that intimate but her heart knew that if it was Maud it would be okay. Trixie closed her eyes and brushed her hooves through Maud’s mane as Maud got down to her belly. Trixie let out a moan as Maud kissed her belly button, she never knew just how sensitive she was down there. After all nopony had ever shown her such gentle feelings before.

Maud paused just long enough to look up and lock eyes with Trixie. “Is this okay?”

Trixie swallowed hard. “Y-yes.”

Just as Maud’s head went back to kissing the front door swung open making the two young lovers freeze. Looking over to the doorway they spotted the last pony either of them wanted to see this; Pinkie Pie. Behind her stood five of her best friends, all of them looked confused, and unsure of exactly what they were looking at. Pinkie Pie’s mouth gapped open as she stood there, her right eye was twitching.

Maud pulled her head away from where it had been in between Trixie’s legs. Maud then sat up straight with a slight pinkness to her cheeks. Trixie on the other hoof tried to scream but only a squeaking noise came from her lungs. Her face had turned from blue to a shade of bright red in a matter of seconds. She rolled over facing the backrest of the couch and tried her hardest to burry herself into it.

Pinkie Pie finally spoke with her high pitched voice even higher than normal, “What’s going on here?”

Maud answered with her flat voice, “This is not what it looks like.”

Pinkie Pie spoke again, her voice somehow even higher than before. “Oh yeah, then what is… is… this?”

Maud answered her flatly, “We were about to have sex.”

Pinkie Pie’s voice rose to such a heightened pitch it hurt Trixie’s ears. “That’s exactly WHAT I THOUGHT!”

Maud shifted a little bit in her seat as Pinkie Pie took in some very fast breaths. Maud’s voice came out as a stillness against the rising sea that was Pinkie Pie. “Calm down, Pinkie. Take slow deep breaths.”

A few seconds passed with Pinkie Pie doing as she was told, before she finally spoke again in a much calmer voice, “When were you going to tell me about this?”

“We talked about it, and decided to tell you the next time we saw you.”

Pinkie Pie sat down near the door. “How, why, when, where, and why?”

Trixie was now feeling a little less embarrassed so she rolled over to look at the group of ponies, they all looked a little misplaced next to the still very confused Pinkie Pie. Maud let out a sigh before looking at Trixie. “It’s a long story.”

Pinkie Pie stood up and walked over to the opposite couch, she then sat down with a huff and crossed her forelegs. “I’m listening.”

Twilight poked her head inside the door and said. “Well um, we will leave you three alone to talk. Pinkie, you can meet us at the motel room.” Twilight then shut the door before leaving with her friends.

The room was beyond awkward silence for a few minutes before Maud began to explain, “Lulu, moved in with me a few months ago, she was simply my assistant at first. We became friends soon after though, she reminds me a lot of you.”

Pinkie Pie dropped her legs to her side and slouched in the couch before saying. “Oh… but how did you two get so close.”
Maud scooted a little closer to Trixie and placed a hoof on her leg. “Unlike most ponies, she actually listened to me. I know how boring I am. I push a lot of ponies away from me with my personality. Lulu, didn’t mind that though. She put the effort into getting closer to me, and she listened to me unlike everypony else. I guess that was why I started to have a crush on her.”

Trixie found herself staring up at Maud in disbelief. She remembered how hard it was to get close to anypony at first after ponyville. She had felt like everypony was judging her always, and the slightest changes in their attitudes would freak her out. Maud was on the other hoof completely emotionless, or so she thought at first. Maud was a safe zone where any and all changes in her emotions were so subtle that she actually missed them entirely at first. Thanks to Maud’s help, Trixie was able to relearn how to talk to ponies. It was somewhat ironic that Maud was the one to help Trixie become social again.

Trixie had spent so much of her time, and put so much effort into simply trying to become friends with Maud. She never thought about how much her actions really meant to Maud. It was almost as though she was really capable of doing good things. For the first time Trixie actually questioned whether she was truly a bad pony. Could there actually be a possibility for her being a good pony?

Maud continued speaking, “We had gone to some caves for my research. While we were inside we were attacked. Lulu, risked everything she had to save me. She gave her all… for me. I can’t explain just how much that means to me. That was when I was finally brave enough to kiss her.”

Pinkie Pie had tears running down her face now and big grin spread across her face. She whipped the tears away with a hoof before saying, “That’s the most beautiful love story I have ever heard. I’m sorry for being freaked out about this at first.”

Maud showed her appreciation with that small, almost invisible smile of hers. Pinkie then walked over to Trixie and sat down on the floor in front of her. Trixie was a little concerned about what Pinkie was up to. Pinkie wrapped her forelegs around her, embracing Trixie. “Thank you for being Maud’s friend. I just know that we are going to be the best of sisters.”

Trixie’s face began turning a little red from embarrassment again as she asked in confusion, “What?”

Pinkie Pie pulled back a little and explained, “Well if you’re going to be my sister’s special somepony then that makes you my new sister.”

Trixie was now even more concerned, too many things had happened in such a short time frame for her. She now had friends, a special somepony, and even a sister. Trixie found herself fighting against even more tears as she returned the embrace and promised, “I am going to be the best sister that I can be. I promise.”

Memories of Trixie’s family were not usually happy, her father had left her when she was very young, and her mother had lost her battle to insanity before Trixie even graduated. Now that she had Pinkie Pie promising to be her family, it was probably the greatest gift Pinkie could have given her. So many good things were happening for once in her life. She knew that something bad had to be waiting just around the corner, it always did, but if she could enjoy the good things for even a little while. She would accept whatever bad may come.

***

A few hours later, night had set in. With the sun was gone, the sky was left with stars, like little guardians in the sky. Although Twilight and the others were staying inside of a motel, Pinkie Pie had decided to stay with Maud and Trixie. Dinner was nice, with both Pinkie Pie, and Trixie telling stories to each other. At some point they must have gotten into a story telling competition because their stories became bigger and less plausible until they begin talking about their respective adventures in outer space.

Neither of them had ever been to space, but that didn’t stop them from both arguing that they had. If one had listened to the stories, then they would have been privy to the epic tale of Pinkie Pie fighting off invading hordes of space bugs by tossing cake at them, while Trixie had commanded a starship into a terrible war against the same bugs, ending with the two of them; Supreme Star Captain Trixie and the legendary scoundrel Pinkie Pie joining forces to finally defeat the evil menace of The Hive, and save the galaxy.

Maud simply listened in on their grand tales happily. The three of them enjoyed a wonderful night of eating, talking, storytelling, and newly found friendship. Finally the three went off to bed, Pinkie Pie fell asleep on the couch very quickly and snoring loudly. This left both Trixie and Maud to share a kiss privately before heading off to their respective rooms.

Trixie remembered how close the two of them had gotten earlier before Pinkie Pie interrupted. She really hopped that it was not a onetime thing, and by missing it she would never get another chance. Trixie really wanted to be with Maud like that now, and that raised some feelings of guilt. After her past, Trixie wasn’t sure she could really handle being with Maud like that, but for her she’d try.

She looked back at Maud’s bedroom door which was always closed. She had a faint hope that it would be open just a crack, a sign that Maud was ready to let Trixie into her room. The door was indeed closed firmly, but that didn’t stop Trixie from knocking on it ever so quietly before saying. “Good night, Maud… I’ll be in my room if you need me, I’ll leave the door open for you...”

She let out a sigh feeling a little silly after she said that, Maud probably wouldn’t get the hint. She really was hoping that Maud would hear her, and invite her in for the night. She waited a few seconds before walking into her own darkened room for the night. She left the door open just a crack just in case.

After a few minutes of restlessness Trixie finally began to nod off when she heard her door squeaking open, the noise was very quiet and made Trixie freeze with fear. Trixie prepared herself to scream should anything bad be in her room, but felt immensely better when she heard a flat, and tired voice ask, “Lulu, may I come in?”

Trixie smiled at the sound of Maud’s voice. “Yeah, I’m right here, did you need me?”

Maud’s voice was right next to Trixie as she spoke again, “I’ll always need you.”

Trixie felt Maud climb into the bed next to her, Trixie only had a small bed so it forced the two of them to become very cozy with one another. Trixie never thought that there could be a benefit to having such a small bed.

Although she couldn’t see Maud she could feel her fur pressed against her own, and she could tell that Maud wasn’t wearing her dress. She wanted to see Maud without her dress. Trixie wanted to see Maud’s cutie mark.

As she laid there being held in Maud’s warm embrace she gave up on the idea. Sleep was coming on very quickly for her now that she was being held by the pony she loved. She really did love Maud, and that was the best feeling in the whole world. She hoped that Maud loved her just as much.

Trixie fell asleep soon with Maud cuddling her. After the emotional day that Trixie had, she would have expected nightmares aplenty. But with Maud’s overwhelming love holding the nightmares at bay, Trixie found that for the first night in a very long time, she had good dreams.

PreviousChapters Next