• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,096 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,096

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty Four: Babel

HEART OF STONE
Chapter Thirty Four: Babel
Written by TheCrimsonDM


Either the room temperature had increased or Trixie’s did. Both Trixie and Maud lay on the bed panting heavily and sweating after everything they had just finished doing. Trixie knew she was still dirty and disgusting but Maud didn’t seem to care in the slightest. Maud was breathing heavily against Trixie’s fur. Trixie enjoyed seeing Maud like this, she had never seen Maud become so exhausted after intimacy, Trixie knew that it meant she had done really good.

“So, was it good for you?” Trixie asked slyly as she lay on her back petting Maud’s hair.

“That was wonderful…did…did you read my book,” Maud managed to ask in between breaths.

Trixie hadn’t read Maud’s book, she had even forgotten about it until now. It might be a good read, for when Trixie was a little less shy, but she did have an idea of why it was so good for Maud. “Nope, Trixie believes it was something much better.” Trixie then kissed Maud on the back of her head. It had to be Trixie’s confidence with Maud that had made tonight so wonderful.

Maud had curled into Trixie after their session, and rested her head on Trixie’s chest. This was this was the exact opposite of what usually happened afterwards…but Trixie liked it. Trixie laid there enjoying the new position for as long as she could, fighting an urge that she had been building up. Trixie gently pushed Maud away and said, “Trixie needs to use the little fillies room, and she desperately needs a shower.”

Maud rolled over and wrapped the blanket around herself saying, “ok. But you have to come back to me soon. It’s cold without you.” Trixie gave Maud another kiss on the head before getting out of bed. Trixie’s eyes lingered on Maud’s body as she lay there in the moonlight. After a few moments Trixie left the room.

***

Trixie looked at herself in the mirror wondering if she was going to be okay. It was easier for her to be brave with Maud around, but now that she was by herself it was harder to ignore what had happened to her. Trixie’s mind went wondering to thoughts of other things, she wondered how Valiant Heart was doing? Trixie had forgotten that she even existed, and that sent a sliver of guilt over her already fragile heart.

Did Trixie do the right thing in sending the filly away? It had saved her from the horror of that night, but was she really okay by herself. Maybe Trixie could try looking for Valiant Heart…but not without her friends by her side. Trixie couldn’t dare face such horrors by herself again. Trixie let out a sigh and tried to think of something less worrisome.

“Always with the sighing, if I did that as often as you, then I’d sigh myself away,” said a male voice from somewhere around her.

Trixie looked around in a panic feeling terrified that there was a stallion in here. After a few moments of searching the voice called again saying, “come now, do you think you will find me in the shower or something. Sorry little pony, but I’m not one for clichés.”

Trixie began to remember this voice. It was the same disembodied voice that saved her in the cave. Trixie let out a sigh saying, “okay, it’s just Trixie’s crazy. Trixie may need to take more medication after her bath.”

The voice gave a short laugh and said, “How rude, you would do that too little old me. I’m hurt, truly I am. And here I thought that we were beginning to become friends. Oh well. The good news is that I am not actually part of your crazy, I am crazy enough on my own thank you.”

Trixie closed her eyes and concentrated on trying to find out if there was another pony around her. She could sense the voices strange mind, it was shifting to fast for Trixie to get a good read on it. She then began feeling the presence of the Cakes, they were sleeping peacefully, even the foals. Pinkie Pie was downstairs sleeping as well. Trixie was a little surprised that if she only concentrated she could feel the presence of so many other ponies at once. Maud was upstairs; Trixie could feel Maud sleeping soundly, a feeling of deep satisfaction was oozing off of Maud.

Trixie opened her eyes and smiled at the mirror. “Okay, if you are not part of Trixie’s crazy, then who are you?”

The voice was quiet for a moment before saying, “I’m so tired of coming up with nick names for myself. Why don’t you make one up? It could prove entertaining.”

Trixie didn’t like this voice very much but decided for now, “okay Trixie shall call you Babel. For that is what you are doing.”

The voice laughed again before saying, “I don’t think anypony has ever given me such an honest name before. And here I thought that only Applejack could come up with a name like that. I may have been right in assuming you were a fun pony to help.”

Trixie closed her eyes and let out a sigh, talking to this voice…to Babel, was only making her assume that she was indeed insane. Trixie heard the sound of something falling to the floor snapping her to attention. One of Mr. Cake’s razors fell to the floor. Trixie reached over to pick it up with a hoof, and accidently cut herself with the razor; she quickly dropped it surprised. Trixie hated using her hooves.

“Oh did you cut yourself, does it make you mad to be a useless earth pony?” Babel called back to her.

Trixie looked hard at the Razor and said, “Trixie is not an earth pony, she is a proud unicorn.”

The voice laughed at her so she decided to show Babel just what she was made of. Trixie summoned magic into her horn and picked up the razor with telekinesis. She then levitated it and placed it down onto the counter. Trixie grinned and said, “there, is that magical enough for you?”

“I was wondering if that would work, I’m glad to see it did,” Babel said back to her.

Trixie looked up at the ceiling, for some reason it felt proper to look up when talking at disembodied voices. “What worked?”

Babel laughed and said, “why when you cut yourself, you were able to use magic without any problems weren’t you? I am so glad to see that Twilight’s theory was correct, you are using blood magic Trixie; and there are rules to it, rules that you have been breaking.”

“I don’t believe you, if Twilight knew what was wrong with my magic then she would’ve explained it to me,” Trixie defended. She couldn’t afford to distrust Twilight now.

Babel explained, “believe what you will, but she wouldn’t tell you about a theory that could only be tested by hurting you. I however have no such restraints. Just remember, in order to use blood magic, you must bleed. Whether it’s on the outside, or the inside, is your choice.”

Trixie felt the strange presence dissipate after saying that. Trixie had no idea what that voice was, but she made sure to memorize the way it sounded. Should she ever encounter it again, she would remember it belonged to Babel. Trixie sighed and began running her bath, now she was going to need another bandage for her poor hoof.

***

The next day Trixie had woken up, Maud made her take her medications, and then they went to breakfast. Trixie found herself watching Pinkie Pie work throughout most of the morning, Maud was sitting quietly next to Trixie. The books she had wanted to read were sitting in front of her on the table, but she couldn’t bring herself to open any of them. The idea of reading it scared her. What if she found out something that she didn’t like, something that hurt. Trixie didn’t know what to do.

“You don’t have to be afraid of the book, Lulu,” Maud said.

“Trixie knows this, she just doesn’t…want to be hurt again,” Trixie explained.

“I’m right here. If the book tries to hurt you I’ll punch it.,” Maud offered.

Trixie giggled a little at Maud and then came up with another idea. “Trixie has a better idea.”

Trixie had Maud get behind her and wrap her legs around Trixie holding her tightly. Trixie then felt secure enough to read the book. Her fears of being touched by anypony were almost completely gone after the night before; at least when it was Maud. Every single time a stallion entered the store Trixie felt herself freeze up.

Now focusing on the first book, a novel that was written about Celestia’s Heroes. Trixie opened it up and began skimming through it. She skipped the table of contents and found herself at the author’s notes.

“This novel was based on the true stories of Celestia’s Heroes. A group that proved themselves against many difficult odds, monsters, cults, and world ending disasters; have all been thwarted by these young heroes. All six of them were chosen for their exceptional skills and brought together to defend Equestria.
Special thanks goes out to these six heroes.

Gear Dasher and his wife Gear Attack for fending off many monsters.

Kilic the forgetful magician, for his priceless discoveries of the arcane.

Timequill for keeping the group together when everything seemed at it’s worse.

Morning Veil for his expertise in the art of deception.

And finally the leader, Moonlight Sonata. The cunning rogue who lead his team against unbelievable odds.

Together these six ponies made up Celestia’s Heroes, and together they faced dangers beyond most imagination.”

There were no words for Trixie to describe what it felt like after she read this. Trixie had met most of these ponies already, or at least heard of them at some point. The only one she was unfamiliar with was Morning Veil. It was amazing, and confusing to realize that most of these ponies had stayed close to her, even though she never knew how close they were to her father. She thought she would’ve found answers but only discovered more secrets. This was not to Trixie’s liking.

***

After reading some more of the book Trixie began to realize that she would not receive any answers about her father from it. Trixie felt despair at the idea, but she decided that it would be okay. She could now interrogate…er talk to some ponies that she knew, especially Timequill about her father. She was determined to get to the bottom of this mystery at some point, but just when was the question?

Pinkie Pie and Maud walked up to Trixie’s table.

Pinkie Pie was beaming today, Maud was as stoic as ever. Pinkie Pie then said, “hey Trixie, I’m gonna drag Maud off to go see Rarity…it’s about something special. I think you will like it.”

Maud added, “but if you need me I will stay here.”

It was hard for Trixie but she knew that she couldn’t keep Maud tied down with her all the time. Trixie smiled as brightly as she could and said, “of course I don’t mind. Go on you two, I will be fine so long as I am either here, or with one of our friends.”

Maud felt worried but Pinkie Pie dragged her off. Pinkie Pie really seemed excited about whatever this special thing was. Trixie hoped that it was a present. She didn’t want to get in the way of Maud spending time with Pinkie Pie, she would be fine here at Sugarcube Corner.

***

After another half hour of reading, Twilight Sparkle came in wearing a gray cloak and went straight for Trixie. “It’s time, Trixie. I found Scath, and I need your help…after yesterday I understand if you don’t want to help me...”

Trixie didn’t need to discuss this, she had made a promise, and it wasn’t like Twilight to leave Trixie all alone. Trixie answered, “I’ll help.”

Twilight smiled and gave her a gray cloak that was very similar to the one she was wearing. “If we wear these with the hoods up, Scath won’t notice who we are when we approach her; hopefully that will give us enough time to strike her down.”

Disguises were a good idea, Trixie just hoped that together they could stop Scath from causing any harm.

PreviousChapters Next