• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,091 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,091

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty Nine: A Little Privacy

HEART OF STONE
Chapter Twenty Nine: A Little Privacy
Written by TheCrimsonDM


Trixie lay uncomfortably on the bed staring at the green ceiling. Maud was at Trixie’s side, but she felt more distant than ever before. The group of ponies had become very worried when Trixie began coughing up blood, so they rushed her to the hospital. Rainbow Dash disappeared from sight at some point; leaving Trixie to wonder if Rainbow Dash would be okay. She wasn’t mad at Rainbow Dash anymore, not after seeing how guilty Rainbow Dash had felt.

“Ugh. I hate hospitals,” Trixie complained as she rolled over in the bed so she could face Maud. Maud was sitting next to Trixie’s bed, while wearing a blank expression. It was more than that though, Maud actually felt…blank; Trixie couldn’t get a read on her emotions at all. “Maud, how are you feeling?” Trixie asked.

Maud answered her flatly, “I’m fine.”

Trixie didn’t like the way Maud was acting. Maybe it looked like Maud was acting normal to other ponies, but Trixie could tell that Maud was lacking that little something that always made Maud come to life in Trixie’s mind. Trixie couldn’t help but feel guilty; maybe it was her fault that Maud was being so distant right now.

“Maud, I’m sorry. I…I don’t know what I did exactly, but I am trying my best. Is it because of what I did to Rainbow Dash?...Maud what did I do wrong?” Trixie asked, in a pleading tone.

Maud was quiet for what felt like an eternity. Finally Maud broke the silence and said, “Lulu I haven’t been taking care of you…you shouldn’t be like this. I love you, Lulu, but am I really good enough for you?”

Trixie’s heart skipped a beat as she heard Maud’s question; there was the tiniest sliver of fear laced into Maud’s voice. Trixie reached over and wrapped a foreleg around Maud’s neck saying, “you are the best thing in my life. I need you, Maud. You’re my stability…without you to come home to…I would be so alone. I won’t lie…Pinkie Pie stopped me from running away…and stopped me from doing something bad to myself. I tried to kill myself once before; I’m scared that I could do it again. You make me feel like, no matter what happens to me, that I have a place to go home to, and often times that is all I need to feel good.”

Maud nuzzled into Trixie’s foreleg and Trixie caught a single tear running down Maud’s face. Maud then said, “am I still your heart of stone?”

Trixie felt her face warming up a little, but despite being a little embarrassed she really liked hearing Maud say those words. “Yes you are, you will always be my heart of stone.”

Maud looked deeply into Trixie’s eyes and leaned a little closer before saying, “you know that stones get eroded after time. They are not invincible…sometimes things happen that make stones crack, that crack can grow until the stone breaks.”

Trixie gave a soft smile to Maud and said, “well that’s why you have me. I will keep you from breaking for as long as I can. Okay.”

Maud leaned in a little closer and just before kissing Trixie she said, “I’ll be right back Lulu. I need to get something.”

Maud then pulled away, and left Trixie’s room. Trixie was left alone for a few minutes in the hospital bed wondering what Maud could possibly be getting for them. Finally the door opened again and Maud walked back in…wearing a nurse’s hat. Trixie felt her face warming up again as she watched Maud close the door behind her, and then pull the curtains shut.

Maud approached Trixie saying, “I already told you that I’m no doctor. But I can still give you that examination.”

Trixie’s face felt like it was on fire now, Trixie tried to look away but simply couldn’t stop staring at Maud. Maud leaned in and whispered, “now lie down, I’m gonna run a few tests and see how you react.”

Trixie felt like screaming from embarrassment, she could barely believe that they were about to do this. Trixie laid down flat on her back and tried her best to be quiet as Maud climbed on top of the hospital bed. Maud began gently kissing Trixie’s rear hooves and Trixie shivered in excitement at her touch. Trixie could now feel Maud’s love radiating off of her. Trixie vowed to never turn down one of Maud’s advances ever again, if only she could feel Maud’s warm love every time.

The door opened and a white pony with a pink mane worn in a bun walked in. Nurse Red Heart looked at the two ponies her eyes wide. Trixie noticed that the nurse’s hat was missing. Nurse Red Heart took a hard look at Maud. “Ahem. That is not your hat.”

Maud reluctantly gave the hat back to the nurse and then Trixie said, “I’m sorry. She was just trying to cheer me up.”

Nurse Red Heart looked at Maud and then nodded towards the floor saying, “the hospital beds are not supposed to be used for this kind of activity. Although they could handle it, you should still consider it impolite to use them in such a way.”

Maud got onto the floor and Trixie could feel her face burning from embarrassment. For some reason though, it was still not as bad as when Pinkie Pie interrupted them. Maybe Trixie was being exposed to this behavior so much that she was becoming braver…or maybe she was being corrupted by Maud’s wonderful touch.

Nurse Red Heart explained, “The doctor will be coming in shortly, but your tests came back positive. It didn’t look like anything was serious; so hopefully that means everything is good.”

Nurse Red Heart walked away and just before leaving she said, “if there is anything I can get you, just let me know…and please don’t shut this door again. Or else I will have to come in here and check on you.”

Trixie contemplated trying to shut the door again, and finish what Maud had started. The fear and excitement of being caught was surprisingly enticing, but she really didn’t want to be known for this kind of behavior. Trixie let out a sigh, and resigned herself to waiting patiently for the doctor.

***

After a half hour of waiting, Trixie begun to feel like the doctor was taking his sweet time. Maud was generally quiet, but not so distant anymore. Maud was kind enough to lay her head down next to Trixie’s and nuzzle her gently. Finally Maud decided to speak, “earlier you asked me what I wanted to do today...do you like music?”

Trixie groaned and said, “I don’t want to play anymore music; I suck at singing.”

Maud gave a short tiny laugh, nearly surprising Trixie at the new sound. It was a rare day in a cold Tartarus when Maud would laugh, it was however one of the sweetest sounds that Trixie had ever heard. Maud said, “I wasn’t going to make you sing. I think we might destroy Pinkie’s room if you sang for me again. What I meant was that I was interested in what kind of music you like.”

Trixie was quiet for a moment thinking of her music tastes. She owned several tapes, most of which were either soft acoustic rock, or metal. Trixie liked both sad, and angry music. Although she never thought about Maud’s musical preference, and now she was curious as to what kind of music Maud enjoyed. Trixie finally sighed and asked, “ever hear of Suns and Roses, or Black Stallion?”

Maud shook her head and explained, “I never really listen to music outside of my interest. I have a few Two Steps From Tartarus records though.”

“Wow…records huh. I’ve never really gotten into those. Then again I used to be able to afford an album/cassette player. Now I’m lucky if I can find an affordable walkpony for my tapes,” Trixie explained. Between her medication, and her recent lack of work; Trixie had almost no money to spend on herself.

Maud nuzzled in a little deeper into Trixie’s neck and asked, “why don’t we listen to some music together when we get back?”

Trixie giggled a little as Maud kissed her neck. Trixie said, “okay, that sounds interesting. But I don’t know if you will like my music. It’s a little dark.”

Maud kissed Trixie again before saying, “I don’t mind. I just want to share things with you. You smell good Lulu.”

Trixie could feel her face heating up all over again from Maud’s comment. But she was happy to hear Maud say she wanted to share. “So does that mean you will tell me what happened between you and-“ Trixie cut herself off, praying that she didn’t just cross the line.

Maud stopped kissing her all of a sudden, and began to pull away. Trixie quickly fished for anything she could find to finish the sentence. Finally she said, “and Twilight?”

Maud looked into Trixie’s eyes and stayed silent for a moment. After a few seconds Maud said, “what exactly did you want to know, there has been a lot things between us lately.”

Trixie closed her eyes and said, “well it’s almost been a year since I came back to the rock farm. So I wanted to know…what did Twilight tell you about…me?” Trixie knew she was just saying whatever came to her mind first, but hopefully it would distract Maud.

To Trixie’s surprise Maud actually smiled, a very tiny smile, but a smile none the less. Trixie made sure to never ask about the Pinkie Pie thing again. Maud then explained, “Twilight told me that you had been hurt badly. And that you needed someplace quiet and safe to recuperate. She told me you might be acting weird for a long time. You were so emotionless when you first came to me. It was like you were dead inside…I understood how that felt.

“So I took care of you. I was surprised when you responded so well to my attempts to befriend you. I usually don’t try to make friends with ponies unless I know them first. But with you, there was something special. When you finally began acting like…normal ponies do. I was very happy. I remember how hard it was for you to talk to anypony other than me at first, and then when you would listen to me talk. You even enjoyed my poetry…no pony likes my poetry.”

Trixie interrupted saying, “your poetry is wonderful. Especially the ones about sapphires.”

Maud’s smile grew as she said, “you mean the ones about you.” Trixie felt her face warming up again. Maud said, “sapphires are a metaphor for you, Lulu. I’m glad you enjoyed my poetry. But maybe now you know how I feel about your music.”

Trixie’s face warmed up even more. Trixie looked away and said, “I guess so. Your poetry is pretty though.”

Maud kissed Trixie on the cheek and said, “so are you.”

Trixie’s face felt like it was on fire now, and so was another part of her body. Trixie wanted to do something outrageous with Maud, right there in the hospital, right at that moment. Trixie opened her mouth to voice her desires when she heard a knocking at the open door. Trixie looked over and saw Doctor Timequill looking at the two of them. He was smiling happily.

Trixie swore that they could roast marshmallows on her face with how embarrassed she was. Trixie quickly grabbed the blanket and covered her lower half with it, trying desperately to hide the shameful parts of her. Trixie saw a small grin on Maud’s face, and knew that Maud found this situation amusing.

Doctor Timequill walked in and said in a kind voice, “I’m glad to see you again, Trixie. How have you been?”

PreviousChapters Next