• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,097 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,097

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventy Four: Somber Awakening

HEART OF STONE
Chapter Seventy Four: Somber Awakening
Written by TheCrimsonDM

Completely blinded by an intense light, Trixie began to focus on her other senses in an attempt to figure out where she was. Her forelegs were in a minor amount of pain at the fetlocks, and she could hear a rhythmic beeping from her right side. A warm blanket was draped over her as she lay completely flat on her back. Finally there seemed to be something wrapped around her chest and back at the shoulders.

After her eyes adjusted she saw a familiar scene. She was lying inside a hospital room with a heart monitor at her side. Her forelegs were uncovered and lying at her sides, allowing her to easily see the bandages wrapped around her hooves. The room felt empty of all life as she stared at the green ceiling.

Slowly, but surely her memories began to come back, and the more that she remembered, the worse she felt. Right now she wasn’t so upset that she felt like making a second attempt at taking her own life. This probably had something to do with the I.V. drip which contained some kind of pain killer. It didn’t take long before she felt guilty for having tried to kill herself again. Rainbow Dash probably didn’t care at this point, but it still made her feel guilty to know that she broke the promise to the pegasus that had once lowered herself enough to become Trixie’s friend.

Nothing in this room made her feel secure or even tried to brighten her mood. The only thing that came to her mind was the grim realization that, out of desperation, she had done something so utterly foolish that nopony could trust her ever again. If only she could make up for at least a fraction of the sins she had committed within the past week. If it were possible she would return the Heart of Harmony, but it was in Red Velvet’s hooves now, and that was one unicorn nopony should ever mess with.

An idea began to form in Trixie’s mind. Red Velvet had offered a way to fix Trixie’s magic, it could kill her, and that would be fine too, but there was a slim chance that she could survive. If she did survive the process she would have her fully functional magic back, and then she could take that heart and defeat Red Velvet if it came down to that. Trixie was fully aware that this plan had suck written all over it, but it was the only thing she could think of to begin fixing even a small amount of the problems that she had caused.

Pushing herself out of the bed was a much more painful ordeal than she had counted on. Thankfully once she set up the pain in her back subsided. The I.V. stuck in her leg was of concern though, normally yanking it out would’ve never even crossed her mind, but right now she didn’t have much of a choice. After searching the room with her eyes she found something to aid her.

While taking great caution, Trixie pulled the I.V. out before quickly wrapping a bandage tightly around her leg. After feeling secure that she had not screwed up, she took one look at the floor and climbed off of the bed. This was a mistake for as soon as her forelegs touched the floor pain jumped up her hooves and burned at her fetlocks. She fell to the floor while giving out a yelp of pain.

For a while Trixie just stayed on the floor wishing that she had simply stayed in bed. Time trickled by slowly, and a growing sense of worry began to eat at her. She knew that if she was going to leave it would have to be now. It hurt, and it hurt bad, but still she forced herself to stand up. After a few moments the pain began to ease up. The last thing she needed to do for her escape was also the one that would draw the most attention; she removed the heart sensors from her chest and neck.

With the machine giving out an annoying beeping sound, she gently walked over to the door. Each step sent a new shockwave of pain through her body but she continued on regardless. Once she was at the door, she opened it with her magic and stepped out. It looked like she was making all sorts of mistakes today.

Six nervous looking ponies plus one familiar doctor all stood outside of Trixie’s door staring right at her. Trixie let out a sigh of defeat and wanted to give up on the idea of escaping. These ponies were simply not going to let her die. If they were going to be this serious about it, then they could simply take care of her. With great pleasure Trixie laid down on the floor. She enjoyed getting off of her injured hooves.

“Trixie, what are you doing out of bed?” Timequill asked, there was no hiding the concern in his voice.

Trixie let out a sigh followed by a mumble. She didn’t feel much like talking at the moment.

“We all read your letter,” Twilight said, cautiously. “We… we had no idea how bad you felt about everything. I don’t know what you did with the Heart of Harmony, but I don’t care anymore. Trixie, we all love you.”

“How?” Trixie asked, somberly as she laid her head down.

“What?” Twilight asked.

“How could you still care about me? I deserve nothing but the worst death possible,” Trixie stated.

“Nopony agrees with you there, we all just want to see you recover. I’ve already talked to Maud about this-“ Timequill started.

“You talked to my sister?” Pinkie exclaimed in horror. “I was trying to keep Trixie’s suicide attempt a secret from her!”

“And that would have only done more damage to both parties,” Timequill explained while giving a stern look to Pinkie. He softened his expression and turned back to Trixie. “Things are not as bad as you feel they are. After talking to-“

“I don’t want to hear this,” Trixie interrupted. After a moment she had come up with a lie to explain why she was out of bed, one that would make the others not judge her so harshly. “I just wanted to go pee.”

“Oh,” Timequill replied, embarrassed. “Okay, who do you want to help you?”

Trixie stared at him for a long moment in an attempt to figure out exactly what he was talking about. When she finally gave up she asked, “What are you talking about?”

It was now Timequill’s turn to let out a sigh. “I’m sorry, Trixie, but after this event I’m afraid that we can’t leave you alone just yet. So somepony will have to go with you into the restroom. We’re afraid of what you might do to yourself, you do understand, right?”

This was not a fun experience to say the least but she didn’t have the will to fight anymore. After thinking about it for a moment she said, “I don’t know.”

“Oh I’ll go, and I can even help you-“Pinkie said.

Trixie interrupted, “Not Pinkie, and not Fluttershy. I don’t trust either of you.”

Pinkie Pie turned away sadly and Fluttershy looked wounded. Trixie looked up and hated the other four ponies she had to choose from. Not a single one of them was trust worthy, and each of them only stood in her way. Twilight was a no, and Rarity was out of the question, this left Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Trixie looked at each of the two ponies and asked, “Which one of you wants to do this?”

“Um,” Rainbow Dash said, “Applejack is your cousin and all.”

Applejack gave a sour look to Rainbow Dash and said, “Ah don’t mind, Trixie. Yer family an’ Ah’ll help you.”

It was a little awkward but with Applejack’s help Trixie was able to stand up and walk to the restroom with relative ease. Unfortunately Trixie had truly been lying when she said that she had to go, because now that she was in here sitting on the toilet, she couldn’t, for the life of her actually go. It was already awkward with Applejack staring at the door away from Trixie, the fact that she couldn’t go was making it worse.

Nearly a minute passed before Applejack said, “Ah know it must be hard to go with somepony in here with you.”

“I’m engaged… or at least I used to be. Peeing in front of another mare isn’t a new experience. At least you aren’t brushing your teeth or giving a pet rock a bath in the sink,” Trixie explained, sourly. She wasn’t mad at Maud, or at Applejack at the moment, no she was angry with herself.

An even more awkward silence passed between the two. After a few more minutes Trixie gave up and said, “I can’t go right now. let’s leave.”

Applejack was more than happy to oblige her in walking back to the others. As they all stood outside Trixie’s room it wasn’t hard for Trixie to notice that two ponies had left, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were missing. A part of her mind was curious as to where they had scampered off to, but at the same time she didn’t have the energy to care. She just wanted to sleep.

“Trixie, if you wouldn’t mind I’d like to talk to you if you’re up for it,” Timequill said kindly.

Trixie shook her head and explained, “I just want to sleep.”

“After all the blood you lost on the way here of course you would need to sleep,” Rarity said.

This was the first time that Trixie noticed something horrifying about her own body. Her forelegs and lower half were actually stained a dark blue which stood out against her normal fur color. It became clear now that Fluttershy’s hooves and applejacks back were both stained a light red. Trixie let out a sigh and felt wretched for unconvincing her friends like this.

“Trixie,” Rainbow Dash said, “I… I’m sorry for hurting your feelings.”

Everypony suddenly looked at the rainbow maned pegasus and stared at her at her in shock. Trixie grunted in response. Rainbow Dash looked depressed as she added, “You know I’ll never quit being your friend… don’t cha?”

Trixie wanted to go bed now, but she had two things to do before she could do that. Trixie looked at Rainbow Dash and truthfully said, “You hurt me, and no amount of apologies are going to make it better. Not this time.” After seeing the tragic look in Rainbow Dash’s eyes Trixie looked to Applejack, and with an honest heart said, “I need to go pee, for real this time.”

PreviousChapters Next