• Published 17th Jul 2014
  • 6,096 Views, 473 Comments

Trixie and Maud: Heart of Stone - TheCrimsonDM



Trixie Lulamoon has led a hard life, especially after the events of her magic duel with Twilight Sparkle. Now trying to piece herself back together, can she learn the meaning of friendship from her first real friend, Maud Pie?

  • ...
30
 473
 6,096

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty Two: Anguish

HEART OF STONE
Chapter Thirty Two: Resentment
Written by TheCrimsonDM


Trixie sat alone in Pinkie’s room reading the journal. Trixie had never felt closer to Twilight then she did while reading the journal. Trixie had not gotten very far into the book before she began to smell something tasty wafting in from downstairs. Trixie’s hunger decided that it was time to go see about diner.

Downstairs Trixie saw Mrs. Cake cooking some kind of stew in the kitchen. Trixie walked over and asked, “hi Misses Cake, what are you cooking? It smells delicious.”

Mrs. Cake turned and said, “well I’m making an old family recipe tonight. If you’re interested I can teach it to you, considering your part of the family now.”

“Really, that’s awesome. I mean, I’m a terrible cook so you would be better off teaching it to Maud…speaking of Maud, where did my little earth pony go off to?” Trixie asked.

Mrs. Cake explained, “she went with Pinkie Pie a little while ago. Pinkie didn’t look very happy, I hope nothing serious happened. I think Maud went to calm her down, Maud has been the level headed one ever since she was a teenager.”

“What was she like before that?” Trixie asked wanting to know a little more about Maud.

Mrs. Cake returned to stirring the stew before saying, “oh, she was actually very aggressive when she was younger. She used to explode at every tiny little thing that upset her. After she hurt Pinkie Pie though, she grew up. Although I have to admit that I haven’t seen her be as happy as she is with you, since she was a filly.”

Trixie was surprised to hear Mrs. Cake’s words and for a few seconds could do nothing but think. Had Maud really hurt Pinkie Pie, is that why Maud has been so weird lately? Trixie began to fear that she had just crossed a line that she was not meant to. “I don’t think you were supposed to tell me that,” Trixie said, her voice full of worry.

Mrs. Cake gave Trixie a smile and said, “if you had been speaking to either Blinkie or Inkie about Maud then they would tell you horror stories about how she was the evil big sister. Of course they over exaggerate, but the one time that Maud had let her anger get the best of her…well they won’t ever let Maud live that down. I think it’s why neither Pinkie nor Maud are that close with their other sisters.”

Trixie closed her eyes and tried to tell herself that Maud was actually keeping another secret from her. Trixie didn’t want to know the secret if it wasn’t from Maud’s mouth. Somehow Trixie knew that this was indeed the truth, and she couldn’t lie to herself. Trixie finally let out a sigh and explained, “I think Maud was keeping that a secret from me…but maybe it is better to hear it from you then from the other sisters.”

“I could tell that she was trying to hide something from you. You’re right though, it is much nicer to hear it from me, the others add needless details and make Maud out to be some kind of monster,” Mrs. Cake explained.

Trixie was a little happier to hear that this could actually be a blessing in disguise. Besides that, Trixie didn’t need to let Maud know, that she knew yet. Trixie decided she would wait for Maud to tell her at her own pace. But for now Trixie had other questions. “When is the food gonna be ready?”

“In about ten, maybe fifteen minutes. If you want it to be done any faster you can do something for me,” offered Mrs. Cake.

***

Trixie found herself dragging a bag of trash, the strings of the bag being held between her teeth. There was a cart that the Cakes used for bringing garbage to the dump out behind Sugarcube Corner, and that cart was Trixie’s destination. Trixie wished she had a working horn; she used to be able to easily lift trash bags with her magic.

Trixie saw two stallions across the street, one of them was bright yellow with a dark brown mane, he had a lemon for a cutie mark. The other one was a brown stallion with blond hair, he had a knife for a cutie mark; they were both earth ponies.

The brown stallion said, “man we’ve been in Manehattan too long. It was nice there, but I think Ponyville will be a nice place to stay for a few days.”

The yellow one added, “yeah it will be. I hate having to leave the city so soon though, it was a really nice place.”

The brown stallion then said, “look we were there for long over a year. Now the gang’s been disbanded, we’re on our own. But don’t worry, we will be in Applewood soon until then we will need to be more quiet than we were this morning. Don’t want an angry horde of ponies on our tails.”

The yellow one laughed and said, “yeah I guess. I liked playing with that mare from earlier though…a horde of angry ponies huh. That sounds kinda fun, and it wouldn’t be any more dangerous than when we left Manehattan.”

Trixie lifted the bag up with her hooves and put it into the trash. Her legs felt disgusting after picking it up, and she wanted to take a bath. She had earned tonight’s meal now and planned on enjoying its delectable flavors. Trixie turned around to head back when she noticed the stallions had stopped talking. Trixie looked over and they were gone. Something felt wrong.

“Hey there, don’t I know you from somewhere?” said the brown one from behind her.

Trixie turned to face him and began backing away as she saw a wicked grin on his face. Trixie bumped into something warm behind her, she turned to see the yellow one right behind her. Trixie opened her mouth to scream in fright just when she felt something painful smash into her chest. The brown stallion had bucked Trixie in the chest. She was sent back into the yellow one’s forelegs as he grabbed her. All of Trixie’s breath was gone, and she couldn’t draw in any breath. The yellow stallion then shoved Trixie onto the ground hard and pinned her there.

The brown one eyed Trixie, his eyes were nothing but pinpricks and an evil sick grin was wrapped over his face. Trixie was just barely able to take a breath again when he put a hoof down on top of her muzzle and pressed down.

He ground Trixie’s muzzle into the ground painfully as he stared into her eyes. Trixie’s heart was beating faster than ever before as a deep routed fear took hold of her heart. Trixie stared up at him, unable to open her muzzle as he kept it pressed down. The brown stallion then spoke, “I guess you don’t remember us Trixie. Don’t you remember how we had to chase you, in order to show you how much we appreciated you?”

There was evil seeded into his voice and Trixie knew instantly that he had to have been one of her attackers. The stallions who…broke Trixie. Tears streamed down her face as she realized exactly what they were about to do to her…and just how powerless she really was without any magic.

Trixie couldn’t just lay here and let them have their way though, Trixie had to do something, anything. A shred of hope grew in her heart as she used all of her fear as a conduit and summoned all of her magic into her horn. The pain flared in her horn, and she felt something inside her head screaming at her in pain but she could feel the magic building strength.

Suddenly a brown hoof came down crashing into Trixie’s horn hard. Everything went black and she felt completely numb. A few moments later Trixie’s vision returned, along with a dull pain in her head. She realized in horror that she had lost the magic she had built up. Pain suddenly screamed across her head, especially her horn; she tried to scream. Something warm and wet tricked down from her forehead. The ground beneath her was also wet, and warm. Trixie couldn’t think, or do anything but whimper. The brown stallion then said, “Lovely.” After a pause he added, “I remember where you burned me the last time you used that horn of yours. This time I won’t let you fight back.”

Tears and blood streamed down Trixie’s face as she cried silently. She didn’t want to be hurt again, abused again, broken again. Trixie finally found a pony who loved her, one who gave her everything she ever needed. Trixie couldn’t believe her cursed luck. Trixie tried to plead through her shut muzzle.

The brown Stallion noticed and his evil grin widened as he said, “oh did you want to thank us for all the attention we gave you? For the fun time we showed you in Manehattan. Why didn’t you say so? But don’t forget, if you scream, I will cut your tongue out.”

He relieved some of the pressure on Trixie’s muzzle. Just enough to allow her to beg quietly; it was exactly what he wanted. But Trixie couldn’t speak, she couldn’t do anything. It would be better to be dead then to let them do what they had planned for her. Trixie whimpered and remembered how happy she had just been with Pinkie Pie. She questioned how things could turn so quickly for her. Why did Pinkie Pie have to leave, just because Rainbow Dash broke a promise or something?

That was it, Trixie’s only chance for survival. Trixie would have to do it; Twilight’s warning could go straight to Tartarus. With barely any strength left, Trixie whispered, “Twilight wanted to beat Pinkie Pie up for sicking the entire town on her over the gala ticket.”

The brown stallion stared at Trixie for a few long quiet seconds. Finally at length he said, “what does that have to do with anything?”

Trixie couldn’t hear an angry Pinkie Pie. She couldn’t sense anything other than her own fear right now. Trixie quickly gave up; Pinkie Pie had truly just been acting crazy. There was no such thing as Pinkie Sense, why did Trixie even entertain the idea. Trixie whimpered again now fully realizing how horrible this was going to be for her, resigning herself to her fate.

“YOU SICK BUCKING FREAKS ARE DEAD!” shouted the loudest, most anger filled, death laced voice that Trixie had ever heard. It took Trixie all of a second to recognize the voice as belonging to Maud. Trixie had never heard such anger from anypony before.

A gray, blue blur flew above Trixie’s head and collided with the brown stallion, the stallion went flying thirty feet sailing above the ground, before smashing against the hard earth, his body then bounced into the air. Trixie heard the sound of something breaking as the brown stallion landed a second time. He wasn’t moving save for a slight leg twitch.

Maud stood on her hind legs, Maud’s back facing Trixie; Maud truly looked like a hero. Maud turned and stared at the yellow stallion. Trixie could feel him shivering, and if she was in his place she would be too, for Maud looked like death incarnate. A scowl of pure unbridled rage was all that Trixie could see on Maud’s face. The stallion on top of Trixie stood up and just as he did Maud struck out with a hoof with such speed that Trixie had no idea what Maud had done until she had stopped moving.

The stallion was no longer on Trixie. She looked behind herself and couldn’t see him there either. Trixie was still for a moment before noticing the growing shadow around her. Trixie looked up to see the yellow stallion falling from the sky, just as he got close to the ground Maud struck him with both of her hooves. Trixie heard a horrifying cracking sound and the stallion went flying twenty feet away before hitting the ground and sliding along the dirt another five feet.

Trixie couldn’t move, or speak. She just lay there and began sobbing harder then she had ever before. The dirt bellow her was cold and wet and she just wanted to take a bath, and crawl into Maud’s embrace. She closed her eyes shut tightly.

“I knew something was wrong, hey are these guys dead?” asked Pinkie Pie, her voice sounded shaky.

Something heavy landed near Trixie, Trixie then heard Rainbow Dash saying, “who are these jerks…and no there not dead Pinkie.”

“Let me fix that,” Maud said in a harsh dangerous voice.

Trixie reached out towards Maud’s voice and found a hoof to hold onto. Trixie whimpered, and refused to let go. Applejack then said, “Ah, think she needs ya Maud. Let us take care of this…and uh…get her washed up. Ah’m sure she doesn’t want to stay like that.”

Trixie felt a pair of warm hooves wrap around her, she didn’t need to open her eyes to know it was Maud. It smelled like Maud, and felt like her. Trixie cried softly into Maud’s hooves. Maud whispered, “it’s okay now Lulu. I stopped the bad ponies…I’m sorry that I was late.” A kind gentle hoof wiped some of the blood off of Trixie’s forehead.

Trixie wanted to go inside, but she couldn’t even bare to open her eyes. It was too hard to look at the world, it was too mean, too harsh. Trixie just laid there in the cold, wet earth, it hadn’t been cold and wet before the stallions hurt her, why did they have to hurt her.

Trixie felt herself being lifted into the air and then set down on someponies back. Trixie opened her eyes and found herself on Maud’s back. Pinkie Pie looked into Trixie’s eyes and said, “that was smart Trixie…breaking a Pinkie Promise to summon help…that was really smart. I’m proud of you.”

Trixie closed her eyes and whispered, “just leave me…I’m disgusting.”

“I will never leave you Trixie, never,” Maud said in a gentle, caring voice, one that was reserved only for Trixie.

Rainbow Dash came back and said, “ok, these guys are still alive, but I don’t think they will ever walk right again.”

Maud said in a low voice, “good. Maybe they will learn how it feels to be broken now.”

Trixie heard the air pop and everypony let out an audible gasp. Trixie then listened as Twilight Sparkle said, “Holy Celestia’s flaming sun. What happened here and what…oh Celestia what did I step in? Why is the ground wet in this one spot? WHAT IS GOING ON?”

Pinkie Pie explained, “um…these stallions were…they….”

Pinkie Pie sounded unsure of what exactly she was looking at. Trixie figured that Pinkie Pie had never seen such brutality before. Rainbow Dash finished for her. “These stallions forced themselves on Trixie. Maud got them good before they could do anything too bad. But…they still did enough to make Trixie do that.”

Twilight exclaimed, “wait I just stepped in Trixie’s…ew. Okay I’ll take care of these guys. Rainbow Dash you’re helping me take them to the…er…I guess we don’t have a guard post out here...hmm”

“Actually I think these guys might die without immediate medical treatment,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Serves them right,” added Maud.

Twilight let out a sigh and said, “okay, we’ll get them treatment, and then I’ll have a contingent of guards take them somewhere. I don’t know what to do about this. I usually kill the monsters I fight, or petrify them, or send them to…that’s it. I’m sending these guys to Tartarus.”

Maud began walking with gentle steps, careful not to bounce Trixie around. Trixie felt herself falling asleep as they walked. Applejack said, “hey sugarcube, you took two head injuries one day. Ya’ll can’t sleep yet. Everypony we need to keep her awake, don’t want her to go into a coma. Ah mean…look at what they did to her horn.”

Twilight Sparkle was further away now as she said, “after you clean her wound out, and bandage it, keep her awake. I’ll be right back, I have a spell for concussions. And uh…be care when cleaning it, her horn doesn’t look right.”

Trixie just wanted to sleep, or die, or both. She didn’t know what to do, she couldn’t think straight. A deep numbness was crawling itself over her heart. It was old feeling, one that had kept her safe in the past; depression, Trixie’s first, and last friend.

PreviousChapters Next