• Published 10th Apr 2012
  • 610 Views, 3 Comments

The Foals of the Prophecy - animeyasha66



two foals find out their prophesied to save Equestria But is a prophecy enough to make sure they win

  • ...
 3
 610

chapter 2: the No Blood

The next morning they were awoken by a kind mare who introduced herself as Care Taker she was a unicorn with a caramel coat and a leaf green and cyan mane and tail; she treated the foals as if they were royalty.

“Here’s some porridge for breakfast, I hope that you slept well, though I apologize for the rather rustic sleeping arrangements,” she gestured to the piles of hay and moss that were there functioning as their beds, “it’s the best we can do.” She bowed and levitated the two bowls from her back and placed them before the foals.

“Um thanks, the beds really aren't any better than the one ones in our tree,” Silent said with a small smile.

“Is there anything else I can do for either of you?”

“Na, I think were good, right Silent?”

“Sort of, Care Taker? Can you answer a few questions?”

“Of course, I’ll answer all of your questions to the best of my ability Mr. Hope and Ms. Feathers.” Another bow.

“Um, why are being so formal, is it because of that prophecy thing?” Hope asked. For that she received a light kick from Silent. “What, I'm just asking,” she met his eyes, and lowered her ears slightly embarrassed “yea, I guess that was a bit rude, sorry.” They turned back to the dumbstruck mare.

“Um, yes it is because you’re the prophesized foals, does it not please you? I can be less formal if you would like,” she stammered with another bow.

“Yea, please stop with the formalities, just treat us like we were normal foals,” Silent requested.

“Ok, so what are your questions?”

“What is this place?” the young pegasus asked.

“Fate Seer mentioned something called ‘No Blood,’ but never got around to telling us what is was last night,” Silent added on.

“Oh, Fate Seer, she's a kind mare but I swear she’d forget her head of it wasn't attached to her.” Care taker shook her head. “The No Blood is an organized resistance movement against Poison Blood.”

“Ok, now what is this place and how does it relate to No Blood?”

“This underground city is our main base. There other small bases throughout the land, it’s here that we plan, and train foals into warriors to help reclaim the land from old Poison.”

“I apologies that I cannot stay here talking to you two but I have other duties that I must attend to. If you need anything at all just exit the room and go left until you reach the infirmary there’ll be plenty of kind ponies who would be honored to assist you with anything.”

“Is there anything you’d like before I leave you?”

“no, but thanks for asking,”

“I’ll return later to bring you lunch. Goodbye!” she caught herself starting to bow, but stopped herself and walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, or at least what the foals assumed to be the night, for they couldn't be sure due to the lack of sun in the underground labyrinth, their mother came to their room.

“Silent Peace, Hope Feathers, come with me my children there is a meeting that you need to attend.” And with that the pink mare led them through the tunnels.

“How can you find anything in this place?” asked Hope Feathers.

“It just takes time to get the hang of it, but the fortress is broken up into sections and there are maps of each section etched into the walls telling you were you are and where everything in the section is as well as where the other sections are. And we’re here this is it, stay close to me,” she advised as she entered a large room.
The room’s floor was cut into steps around two paces wide that circled the whole room. The steps went down towards the center of the room, but in the center there was about ten paces of level ground In it there were ponies of all ages, but mainly adults, they were sitting on the steps rapidly talking to one another.

The pink mare led the foals to the center of the room. The siblings obediently followed their mother, ears and tails down from fear of so many other ponies. Most of the side conversations stopped as they approached their destination.
“Attention!” {mom} yelled, from her spot in the center of the room. The few remaining conversations ended immodestly, leaving the auditorium silent.

“tonight, I have some very important news to tell you.” She paced the level area as she talked. “You may be aware of the two foals that have are with us today,” she pointed her head towards Hope and Silent, “well they aren't just ordinary foals. They are the foals of Slither, a pure of blood making them brother and sister half pure of blood.’ Gasps and whispers could be heard around the room

“Could it be?”

“Are they the foals mentioned the prophecy?”

“Is it really them?”

The blue and green maned mare cleared her voice to get everypony to cease their talking. “Yes, these are the prophized foals later we’ll prove with the swords of yore, but now I have other more mundane announcements to make…” she went on to talk about food storage, statistics and other stuff for a few minutes.

“Now, Metal Molder, would you be so kind as to bring me the swords of yore.” A stallion from the front row stepped forward carrying a long bundle in his mouth, which he paced on the floor with gentleness one would use on a newly born foal. He opened the package reveling two swords in beautiful intricately designed scabbards.
The larger one had a sky blue mouth guard and a golden gem embedded in the hilt. The gem seemed to be almost emitting its own light. The sheath was the same light blue as the mouth piece and had a loose weave of pale orange, fern green, a pale magenta and silver lines crisscrossing its surface, in the center of the scabbard was a detailed image of a gray wolf howling at the moon.

The smaller sword’s mouth guard was magenta and in the hilt there was a gold gem identical to that of the other sword. Its sheath was the same color as the mouth piece. And just like the other one it had loosely woven bands of sky blue, lavender, lime green, and chocolate. In the center of this one there was a detailed picture of a barn owl in the moonlight.

With a bow, Metal Molder gingerly placed the larger sword in front of Silent Peace and with the same care and formality he put the smaller one in front of Hope Feathers.

The siblings turned to meet each other’s eyes before simultaneously bending down and picking up their swords.
A strong light blue glow emerged from the Silent and engulfed him. The glowing colt rose two pony heights off the ground and the light formed the shape of a wolf.

At the same time a strong magenta glow covered the pegasus and she also rose two pony heights but instead of forming a wolf her aura formed an owl. The luminous beasts stayed hovering there for a few minutes before the glow faded and two unconscious ponies fell to the floor.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment