• Published 4th Jul 2014
  • 460 Views, 7 Comments

Baby Naming - inum76



A slice of life for Twilight, wile getting to help with the naming of two foals.

  • ...
12
 7
 460

Chapter 5: About time.

Chapter 5: About time.

It was getting late, and it was nearing time for the transition of the Sun and Moon. We all left together as the two sisters reached their positions, and I was now the one left observing.

With a bit of a yawn as we headed back to the lounge room. Luna commented that I take a rest and sleep till tomorrow. As much as I wished to stay in the company of the two sisters, I had to admit Luna was right and it was best I head to bed.

Sleep came quickly. My time with Luna had refreshed me somehow And I felt so much more calm. A peace came I have not felt in a long time. All worries had faded into the background forgotten as sleep passed over me like a warm blanket being placed by the touch of a loved one near by.

Then I seen it, Pinkie Pie was right there in my room. What was she doing here? And How? !!! She told me it's time and I need to get back now. I sat up in my room. It was dark, and I was alone.

There was a knock at the door, I said enter. Then walked in Celestia fallowed by Luna. I asked "how long has it been?"

Luna said "You have been a sleep for 6 hours."

I told them both that I feel I must leave now.

Luna smiled "I know. I saw your dream."

Then a in a puff of smoke a letter appeared. I grabbed it with my magic and floated it over to look at it. "Just as I thought, it's form Spike. It reads: Dear Twilight, The Cakes have twins and you are being requested with all speed to preform the Life Name spell for them. Your faithful assistant Spike. I have to go now!" I got up quickly.

Celestia gave a knowing smile. "You will be there in a flash. Luna will send you."

I looked to Celestia "What!"

Luna chuckled. "A simple teleportation spell is all it would take. And I wish to be the one to do it."

I looked to Luna. "But why?"

Luna smiled "With what you have done for me. This is but a very small favor. And I wish to help."

I ran to her giving her a hug with a big grin on my face. "Thank you for wanting to help. I am ready."

I held still as Luna's horn glowed and a glow from it surrounded me. Then in a blink I was standing at the maternity ward in Ponyville, startling all around me.

Spike looked up "Wow that was fast."

I smiled and looked down at him. "Thanks to Luna"

He looked confused "hu?"

I shook my head. "Never mind where is the Cakes?"

Spike pointed "down here. In that room."

I knocked "Come in," came the voice of Miss Cake. She was holding on to two bundles.

I smiled as I looked at her. She smiled back.

"Are you ready for me to cast the spell?" She nodded. I cued up the spell with some concentration. With practiced effort I walked over to her and lightly touched my horn to her head. She seemed to relax and go into a trance like state that lasted for a little longer than I expected.

While I was getting a little worried she came out of it. She looked at the two she was holding and said this one will be named Pumpkin Cake, and this one Pound Cake.

She was looking a little tired and even though I did not get a good look at the two new members to her family, I did not need to, I would get to see them soon enough. I just sneaked out quietly and let her rest.

Comments ( 5 )

4647871
Yes, that is my biggest down fall. :twilightblush:
I have improved some of it sense I first posted it. Should look better now. :twilightsmile:
I also relies one big fault in the story, not much is done each day. Leaving it rather too short and bland. Just something else I will have to work on in any future stories I may make. :twilightsheepish:

4656201
I will immediately! And thank you. Let me know of anything else you find. :twilightsmile:

All right, critique time! :pinkiehappy:

Great story. There were few spelling errors. I will leave a short list of the ones I can remember at the end of this. I actually really liked the idea of a spell that names a foal. I always wondered how they are named after their talent, yet they do not know what it is till later in life. This makes a lot of sense. I loved how you let the Royal Sisters be normal ponies. They started out formal, then relaxed as time went on, even admitting some hard things to Twilight. Most people would keep the sisters stiff and formal because that is always how they are portrayed in the show. So, I'll wrap up here, wonderful story. Loved the story line and general plot. :heart::heart::heart::raritystarry::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Here are the spelling errors that I can remember: ex. My spelling(your spelling)
Ponyville(Ponyvill) This one depends on preference.
yawn(yon)
warm(worm) What are you doing? Why are you putting worms on me????

Those are all that I remember. Great job. Sorry if you find me going a little hard on the spelling errors. I am very annoyed if a word is not spelled right.

4707277
Thank you for your comments.
I probably could have done more with this, but it was intended to be a short story. Just to present the idea given in story form.
I am glad you liked the casual side I presented on the two Princes sisters. That part was put in at first as filler, then I got carried away. :derpytongue2: I myself did like how it turned out. Nice to see someone else did as well.
No prob on the spell checking, I know my spelling is notoriously bad. :twilightblush: I am a little surprise that those three were the only ones you found. Not that I am asking anyone to look for them. You did me a favor by doing so. So thank you for that as well, and I will see about getting those fixed soon. :twilightsmile:

4707277
Got those fixed and more. Yes that worm one was a little disturbing.
Luna giving a worm hug??? :rainbowlaugh:
She's not giving those any more, What ever it might have been like. :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment