• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 2,763 Views, 72 Comments

Planetary Friendship - Somdudewillson



A crossover between Planetary Annhilation and MLP. Also my first work of fiction. A long-deactivated commander is awoken by a supernova and hurtled to Equis, where it promptly sets up shop. Chaos ensues as the residents discover it.

  • ...
3
 72
 2,763

Part 2

+--------------------------------+
[ Planetary Friendship ]
+--------------------------------+
Part 2

==============================================================================================================================

Chapter 1

==============================================================================================================================

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Outer area of the Everfree]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:41 AM]
{Twilight Sparkle}

Twilight had been waiting FOREVER for Rainbow to get back! Okay, perhaps it hadn't been quite forever. Maybe it had only been about two minutes. But still! Two minutes was a long time to wait for news on whatever had happened in the Everfree!

As Twilight seached the skies for Rainbow, she finally spotted her coming back from an angle that would have taken her deep into the Everfree. Twilight, unable to wait any longer, flew toward Rainbow.

When she met up with her, Twilight asked "Was there anything there? Was there?"

Rainbow answered "Yeah there was! There was a big crater alright, but it wasn't empty. You'll never guess what was there!"

"What was it? A big hunk of metal?"

"No." Rainbow said with a chuckle "Nothing as boring as that."

"Was it... an alien spaceship?" Twilight excitedly asked.

"Closer, but it was even cooler than an alien ship!"

"What..? I can't think of anything cooler than an alien spaceship..."

"It was a whole alien city made totally out of metal! With metal buildings and metal creatures and everything!"

"Whoa!" Twilight gasped "No way!"

"Yes way!" Rainbow exclaimed!

"Ohmygoshthisissocool!" Twilight giddily exclaimed "a whole alien city! Right here in Equestria! We have to tell Celestia right away!" And with that, she flew straight back to Fluttershy's cottage, where she had left Spike.

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Edge of the Everfree]
[Fluttershy's Hut]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:42 AM]

As soon as Twilight spotted Spike, she made a beeline for him. "Take a message to the Princess, Spike." Once he indicated that he was ready, She began, "Dear Princess Celestia,
There has been an incident in the Everfree. What appears to be an alien race of metalic beings have built a small colony in an impact crater deep in the Everfree's core. I think that they might have been the object that was noticed coming toward us. I eagerly await your response, Princess.
Signed, Princess Twilight Sparkle". "Alright Spike, send it to the Princess right away Spike." Spike complied, sending the scroll flying on its way to Princess Celestia in a burst of dragonfire. Mere seconds later, the Princess's response arrived, "My dearest student Twilight Sparkle,
This is indeed astonishing news. I and my sister will get a diplomatic party together right away. Keep an eye on the aliens until then.
--Celestia".

==============================================================================================================================

Chapter 2

==============================================================================================================================

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Edge of the Everfree]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:47 AM]

This time Rainbow Dash was the impatient one of the group of all six of Twilight's best friends as they waited for the Princess' diplomatic party to arrive.

"How much longer until they get here?" complained Ranbow Dash, "It's been forever!"

For what seemed for the thousandth time, Twilight again reminded Rainbow that "It's only been 5 minutes since Princess's letter arrived."

"You know you don't need to call me that, Twilight." came the gently chiding and slightly amused voice of Princess Celestia.

"Of course Prin- Celestia", a slightly startled Twilight Sparkle answered, "I wasn't expecting you so soon."

To this Celestia said, "Well, it would hardly do to keep Equestria's newest residents waiding, now would it?"

"No, of course not!" Twilight said, "Just follow Rainbow, she knows where they are."

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Depths of the Everfree]
[Alpha Base]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:47 AM]
{Osiris Commander 252}

Osiris 252 was curious. Several minutes ago, an unknown being entered just within visual range of its outermost turrets. According to sensors, it was an organic being which appeared to be some type of equine. Eye usage and head size of the being indicates possible intelligence, and the beings behavior indicated that it was most likely rather intelligent, possibly even sentient. Protocol indicated that possible sentients were to be assumed neutral, and as such regarded as possible allies. Hostility would be determined case-by-case, such that an individual's actions would not overly affect general standing.

Approxamately six minutes after this first sighting, a small group of beings approached. They appeared to represent four different, yet related, species. Two of them were roughly standard equines, another two had wings, the next one had a horn, and the last three had both wings and horns, and two of those were larger than the others. Behavior analysis indicated that the two largest beings held some important standing among them, as well as confirming their sentience. As expected, the language utilized by them was unknown to the commander, and so it began to translate words and store them in an internal dictionary.

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Depths of the Everfree]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:48 AM]
{Twilight Sparkle}

As the alien colony came into view, Twilight was amazed at its size, especially given that it had arrived only very recently. Apperently Celestia had the same though, as she said "Rather... larger than I expected."

Rainbow said, "I think it might have actually grown since last I saw it."

Celestia replied "In that short span of time? It hardly seems possible."

"Oh, I hope that no innocent little animals got hurt while they were expanding.", Fluttershy said in a very small voice.

As they flew toward the base, they saw what looked like a big metal bird with fixed wings flew toward them. "It would seem that they are sending out the welcoming committee", said Princess Celestia. The flying metal thing rapidly met the small group. Once there, however, it simply hovered in front of them.

Princess Celestia stepped forward on their chariot, and said, "Greetings, unknown being. I am Princess Celestia."

Each member of the party said their name in turn. The metal thing simply hovered there for a few seconds, but then it suddenly said something. "Greetings Princesses", it said in a metalic-sounding voice devoid of all emotion and inflection.

"Hello, and what might your name be? And how can you speak our language?", Princess Celestia replied.

The voice said, "I speak little of you language. Know what you speak. No know how speak name."

"So you can only say words that you hear us say?", asked Princess Celestia.

"No know word of that.", it replied.

"Oh, right, I haven't said yes yet, have I? Sorry."

"Yes, I can only say words that you say."

"So what is your ruler's title? Count? General? King? Prince? Queen? Princess? Emperor? Empress? Something else?"

"Something else."

"Military? Burocracy? Aristocracy?"

"Military, I think."

"Commander? Captain? Admiral?"

"Commander and something else. Counting words."

"You mean numbers? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."

"I am Commander 252. I am ruler."

"You are the ruler? Who is the big guy in the base then? Second-in-command?"

"The 'big guy' is I. I speak to you with this one."

"So this person is a messenger then? And you are talking through her without being present? That is an interesting bit of magic."

"Not magic. Is other. And this one is not a person."

"So it's inanimate? And you are causing it to move and speak with what? Science? Sorcery?"

"I cause with science. I am also inanimate, yet I think."

"So you are a thinking being made out of inanimate metal? How extraordinary!"

"Yes. Move with this one."

"Follow it? Where are we going?"

"Into base."

Chapter 3

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Depths of the Everfree]
[Alpha Base]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:50 AM]

As the group of ponies entered the base, they marveled at its high density and the multitude of flying being zooming about. Some had much bigger wings than the first one that had met them, some of them had unusual objects underneath them that looked like fat metal arrows, and some of them had black and yellow stripes. And then there were the structures: there were tall towers with cannons on their tops, shorter towers with big box-like things with many compartments, tall structures that looked like all-metal versions of Griffon oil extractors, and there were cubic ones that appeared to glow with a bluish light. Deeper in, they beheld where all these creatures were coming from, and it was quite unexpected. Large blocky structures with rotating rings appeared to be creating them with some sort of green energy. Very shortly they reached the center of the base, and there the commander was.

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Depths of the Everfree]
[Alpha Base]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 7:51 AM]
[Commander 252]

The Commander watched as the group of equines approached. Based on their speech and actions, he was able to conclude that they were probably a diplomatic party sent to investigate Alpha Base. As such, they were probable allies. Once the group arrived, he greeted them. After receiving a greeting in return from the one identified as Celestia, title Princess, he inquired about who the others were. She replied, "Well, the cyan Pegasus is Rainbow Dash, the orange Earth pony is Applejack, the yellow Pegasus is Fluttershy, my sister Alicorn here is Princess Luna, Princess Twilight Sparkle is the Ascended Unicorn, Rarity is the white Unicorn, and Pinkie Pie is the pink Earth pony."

The Commander then asked, "So you are multiple ruling system?"

"Yes. So, will you be staying here, or...?"

"Yes. Therefore an alliance is logical."

"Well, yes, I suppose so. I can-"

The one identified as Pinkie Pie interrupted at this point, "Sorry for interrupting Princess, but the author doesn't know what more to say
and I need to throw a Welcome-Alien-Visitor-To-Equestria party!"

The Commander asked, "Who is 'author'?"

"Why, he's the one writing the story, silly!"

At this point Twilight interjected, "Just don't ask."

The Commander replied, "Okay. I have one request: to get a book of words in your language."

Twilight replied, "A dictionary? I think I have one. I'll go grab it."

Twilight then vanished in a flash of violet light, and Celestia then presented the Commander with a treaty that they had drafted for just such an occasion.

"So here's a suggestion. I'll leave it with you to look over and you can let me know your decision later."

The Commander answered, "That will not be needed."
He then emitted a green line of light from one of his arms which scanned the document, then signed it in monospaced block font.

"...That was fast.", said Celestia as Twilight returned.

Twilight said, "Here's the dictionary you asked for.", holding out a book entitled Mareiam-Webster Dictionary. The Commander rapidly scanned the entirety of the book in less than a second, and then thanked Twilight, who was blinking in surprise.

"I can now speak fluently.", stated the Commander.

Celestia replied, "That's good. We need to attend to other matters of state, so we will return for an extended meeting when an opening comes up."

"That sounds satisfactory."

The diplomatic party then started heading back to Ponyville, and the the Princesses Celestia and Luna would return to Canterlot.

[Star System Sol]
[Planet Equis]
[Equestria]
[Edge of the Everfree]
[Meeting Point {REDACTED}]
[Local Time 11-23-1000 AD 8:00 AM]
[Officer {REDACTED}]

That simpering griffon was finally in place now, and the targets were approaching. It seemed that their informer, whoever he was, was reliable. He didn't know why their targets had decided to come here unguarded, and he didn't care. All he cared about was that he'd be paid handsomely for taking them out. His team, composed of himself and another pegasus, a unicorn, and a griffon, was hidden around the area, ready to ambush their targets as they passed above. A couple more minutes, and the hiding would end. He couldn't wait.

Author's Note:

Well, here is Part 2! Or, at least most of it. I have decided to separate the story into parts, containing 4 chapters each. The cause of this long delay is twofold: Firstly, my computer died on me. I am still getting a replacement, so I am publishing this from my Raspberry Pi. Luckily, I write the story on my Pi anyways, so I didn't lose any work. The other reason for the delay is a lack of inspiration, which I have yet to overcome an so have published the first two chapters in Part 2. Any critiques are greatly appreciated!

PS: The vessel that 252 greets the Princesses and their convoy with is a Firefly, the scout ship. An image can be found here.

[Edit: More is here! All rejoice!]

Comments ( 68 )

Just a single Firefly,really? In the Commander place I would have rather sent a squadron Peregrine and a pair of Hornets. You know, just for show. :trollestia: Anyway, brilliant chapter buddy, keep up the great work.

Good job so far.
Cant wait for another commander to land and have wars ensue.

4859250 Yes, but the Commander has no need to do that, as an emotionless machine.

4859892 I was actually going to use the unusual quality of the Everfree to have the Commander wage war against some other Equis faction first.

4859929
Even better!

4859954 Good to know you think so. By the way, what do you think of the translation method I'm using?

4860384
I find it ok.
I imagine that commanders would end up is possible first contact scenarios, so they would have translation software to make it a bit easier.

4860532 Yeah, that was what I was going for while still being realistic, as I find "universal translators" that can translate a whole unknown language instantly or only after a few minutes a really silly concept. Plus, it isn't a diplomat. It would have sufficient capability to manage first contact, but it wouldn't be a priority for the designers.

Great Job So far, though there was one or two spelling mistakes here and there.
I can't wait for the battles to commence!

4861800 Yeah, that's kinda what I expected, since I just dumped my unproofread work onto the site. As for battles, you're going to have to wait a bit for them.

The second chapter seems rushed.... but good work anyway. Also, I don't think Twilight would react THAT way for an Alien Base to be in Equestria. Actually, I don't think the Everfree is in Equestrian territory.

4947696 The second part was a dump of my current progress, so...
As for Twilight, how do you think she would react?
Also, why would the Everfree not be in Equestrian territory? AKA Why can't it be part of Equestria in my story?

4976194

Knowing ponies, their reaction would be more of a panic really. Look how they reacted to Zicora.

The Everfree isn't apart of Equestria because it's unclaimed. There are no major settlements and ponies choose to fear it instead of exploring it. In my eyes it's unclaimed ground thus allowing the Commander to claim the land for his own.

4977919 Well he's kind of done that anyways...
I was showing twilight's reaction at more of an intellectual level. Like, she knew they were aliens, but she hadn't actually thought about it much more than that. By the time the envoy has reached the Commander, its gotten through her head, which is why she isn't full of questions at that point.

amazing work :moustache:, cant wait for more :twilightsmile:

5128243 Thanks! The next update might be a little while though, as I'm a bit short on inspiration at the moment.

I loved how he can only speak using words they have said

5203955 Thanks!

Also, everyone who wants more: More is coming VERY soon!

5206714
Its being three days sense you said that!

also how will he tell them a enemy commander is on EQ?

5220374 That won't be for a while. Also, I am typing up the new chapter now! I had it down on paper already, so...

5220774

Thank you

Also it was just a thought I know it wont be for a while

5221203 Won't be for a while? Why, the majority of it is here already! Granted, there is another chapter in Part 2 that is in progress now, but I have all of it planned already, as well as most of Part 3.

5228620 No, there will not be another commander in Part 3... There will be combat though! And there will be a long story arc spanning to the end of Part 4, but an enemy Commander will arrive in Part 5!

5232321

Yes! I got you to tell us all when another commander will arrive on EQ!

5233321 Well... yes, you did. But I won't tell you anything else about what comes next! Especially not the sudden ambush by a bunch of mercenaries that is coming up! Wait, did I just type that up...

Comment posted by Marsara deleted Feb 12th, 2015

Just for fun.

Month: 4.
Day: 13 .
Time: 3:00 am.

WHERE IS NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!:twilightangry2::twilightangry2::pinkiecrazy:

5237906 What, you want me to work faster? That'll cost you... 1 billion virtual cookies. Put them in a briefcase in the graveyard, at the back of first grave on the right, at midnight. I also accept cookiepal.

5238107


Do you accept cookie clicker?

5238213 Yah. Also, look at Part 2. It's been updated.

5239838

good job

Wait...

Where are my cookies!

5240776 I had GLaDOS portal them out of your inventory.

5242306

TO THE MOON!!!!

5245895 Been there, done that.

Um...

Me: Commander Osiris 2879

Commander Osiris: Fire Annihilaser 9?

Me: Yes

Hello???

Did we just have a internet fight?

Where are all the other comment's?

5350840

First commenter? Comment #38. Really?

5366081

Why I must agree old boy.

5366081 Well too bad, you're not getting them.

Planet Halleys, on the other hand...

5366081

And I expect the annihilaser

5614081 More is coming as soon as I can type it up.

5615241 Wow. It's really nice to see that someone likes my story THAT MUCH.

5615268 And... Updated! I still have more to type up though...

You know. Anyone who has this story in there tracking will only get an update when a new chapter comes out. So anyone not following you won't know what's going on because they didn't know about you updating the chapters within the chapters.

Login or register to comment